[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know why Team Silent disbanded so quickly after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 21

File: TeamSilentGroup.png (386KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
TeamSilentGroup.png
386KB, 633x348px
Does anyone know why Team Silent disbanded so quickly after Silent Hill 4?
>>
Kojima did it.
>>
Why wouldn't they? Their work was done.
>>
File: 11.jpg (70KB, 1024x807px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
70KB, 1024x807px
I always thought "team silent" was different for every game anyway besides 2 and 3
>>
>>386447115
Konami canned them because they felt the Silent Hill series should continue on being made by Western developers. In a sense it was the right thing to do because the team was done with the series and Konami could make more money marketing it in America with their shit sequels and films.
>>
>>386447115
>actually wearing actual jeans with actual holes in them to an actual work
>>
File: Konami Disbanded Team Silent.png (212KB, 663x744px) Image search: [Google]
Konami Disbanded Team Silent.png
212KB, 663x744px
>>386447115
Yes, Konami literally broke them.
Pic related, in case you didn't already know it.

>>386447352
Nope. Some basic workers moved in and out, but there was always the "core team" that mattered in all 4 original games. SH3 and 4 were being developed simultaneously by "A" and "B" teams, but even then they had lots of active co-operation with each other.
>>
>>386447115
Aww. This picture is cute as fuck.
>>
4 of the lead developers left by the time 3 came out, disbanding the remaining team was just the final nail in the coffin
>>
>>386447115
Why did The Beatles break up in 1970? All members were either 30 or younger. George was 27 for god's sake!

They still had so much to give.
>>
File: Team Silent - SH3.png (480KB, 604x496px) Image search: [Google]
Team Silent - SH3.png
480KB, 604x496px
>>386448884
bad example, because TS didn't break up voluntarily. Most of them are now freelancers getting their bread by making cheap mobile shit. Some were taken into Kojima Productions, but since even they got kicked out...
>>
File: SH PC Guide 3-2017 update_2.png (2MB, 1300x4835px) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide 3-2017 update_2.png
2MB, 1300x4835px
>>386447115
This is a Silent Hill thread, right?
That means... time for SH PC Guide + DL links!

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>Protips
-Play in release order.
-Never below Normal difficulty.
-Replaying each of 'em very recommended.
-Turn down in-game Brightness, crank up volume.
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors.
-Turn OFF the flashlight. It helps!
>>
>>386447664
>in a sense it was the right thing to do
Fuck you.
>>
Trying to get the Xbone gamepad d-pad to work with SH2 is a fucking nightmare

mapped the arrow keys to the d-pad using Joy2Key but the game still refuses to recognize the inputs despite it working flawlessly in other applications

should I just give up and use xpadder?
>>
File: SILENT HILL 2 PC - Fog Fix.webm (2MB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
SILENT HILL 2 PC - Fog Fix.webm
2MB, 1280x540px
>>386450109
Xinput gamepads are totally foreign concept to the pre-2006 PC games. So yeah, you either use the Xpadder, bite the bullet and play with KB+M, or get a cheap DirectInput gamepad.
>>
File: iwillfuckthat.jpg (21KB, 209x274px) Image search: [Google]
iwillfuckthat.jpg
21KB, 209x274px
>>386449429
can you tell me why female japanese artist make the best western style character design? Just like the author from Dungeon Meshi.
>>
>>386450109
Steam lets you map any controller in any way you want, you just need to start it trough steam
>>
>>386449575
STOP POSTING THIS SHIT
>STOP POSTING THIA SHIT

PC versions are inferior, the fog is all fucked up and the lighting looks like it made on a quake engine.

DO NOT CHANGE THE FRAMING TO WIDESCREEN

The games are not framed to be played like that, the games were made with 4:3 in mind, because that was what was available back then.

Just emulate the PS2 versions without any weird dumb hacks, it is the best way to play this games. Perfect fog, perfect lighting. Dont "improve" them with dumb ass mods. What is the obsession with wide screen hacks on PC, are you people this retarded that you dont understand native framing , especially in a horror game?
>>
>>386447115
To me the weirdest thing is how the director of SH2 went on to do nothing. He works as an artist on small studios now.
>>
File: james.jpg (31KB, 413x336px) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
31KB, 413x336px
>>386451197
Mapping the keys isn't the issue, it's the game not recognizing the mappings. The analog sticks and face buttons work without any 3rd party programs, it's the triggers and d-pad that the game refuses to acknowledge even if I map them to keyboard keys.
>>
File: SH3 PC - Heather pomf.jpg (617KB, 3810x1725px) Image search: [Google]
SH3 PC - Heather pomf.jpg
617KB, 3810x1725px
>>386450948
They're not bitches and whores or femnazis, like western females tend to be nowadays. They also got an outsider's perspective on our culture(s), and thus can pinpoint the best and worst aspects and details that we might totally miss, having gotten used to all of it in our daily lives.

Heck, it was exactly TS' female devs who demanded to make Heather a bit more cute and have her wear a skirt. The original designs had her wearing jeans and long-sleeve shirts & a vest / jacket.

>>386451248
No, I will not stop posting this.
PS2 emulation sucks ass and is not an option for everyone.
>>
>>386451490
That's because the whole concept of "Triggers" did not exist. The game literally does not understand the concept of pressure-sensitive key presses.

If you want the easiest time with these games, grab a cheap Logitech F310 or something. It supports both Direct- and Xinput modes, and its DualShock -style design gives near authentic experience with SH games in general.
>>
>>386451248
4:3 isn't that big of an issue since most of the games take place in enclosed spaces and the latest widescreen update made is that cutscenes use the proper FOV in order to not display things you weren't supposed to see like off-screen character models.
>>
>>386449879
Team Silent would've eventually turned the SH series into shit. It's better that they let some pleb Westerners do that for them
>>
That guy with the glasses on the right is now making musou games like there is no tomorrow
>>
File: sh2 JamesKnees.gif (272KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
sh2 JamesKnees.gif
272KB, 245x138px
Copypasting more sad stuff about Team-Silent from yesterday's SH thread:

> GS: And with the next game you worked on (Silent Hill 2) you had a lot more story control. Do you miss having control over a project like that?

>Takayoshi Sato: Well…I don’t know, I’m in the United States now, and the hierarchy is so different. When I worked on Silent Hill 1, the budget average was like three to five million, like Final Fantasy. Around the time of Silent Hill 2, the average budget was maybe seven to ten million. So it was easier to get power over a project at the time, because the cost wasn’t as much. But now games could cost, I don’t know, ten to fifty million? That’s too much. Way too much money.

>Yeah, those were my glory days, with Silent Hill 2, because after the first one, I got a Japanese Cultural Ministry award, and it was shown at Siggraph, and I got the personal CEO award from Konami, so I had a lot of power over my next project. And that was really fun.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/2382/silence_is_golden_takayoshi_.php

This right here is why gaming is stale now: Budgets are too high, so everything has to be by the numbers with no risk taking. Younger, newer, team members can't rise up or be given important new projects. They need to bring back the 3-10 million tier. PS2 games like silent Hill 2-3 look great. No one would complain about a modern game that looks like them.

>>386452245
>Team Silent would've eventually turned the SH series into shit
With their dedication, artistic skill and detail-maniaism... I highly doubt it. If anything, they'd probably created a
>>
File: Konami vs everything.gif (2MB, 320x283px) Image search: [Google]
Konami vs everything.gif
2MB, 320x283px
>>386447115
They faced the same fate as Kojima Productions couple years ago. Just a whole decade earlier.
No one batted an eye back then.

Just imagine how it felt to the fans of both SH and MGS series, like me.
>>
>>386448413
They wanted the series to be Resident Evil successful I bet which is this supposed "new direction" they wanted. What a shame.
>>
File: silent hill stare small.png (40KB, 152x156px) Image search: [Google]
silent hill stare small.png
40KB, 152x156px
Finally figured out the D-pad issue

for anyone else using an xbox one pad, use xpadder 5.7 and map the dpad to the directional keys on your keyboard, it actually gets recognized by the game despite the same not working with ds4windows or joy2key

and be sure to run xpadder in win7 compatibility mode
>>
>>386450948
Because they look up to western beauty, and know where to look while western are so used to how we look, that they don't know where to find beauty anymore.
>>
File: sh3 heather t-shirt qutie.jpg (120KB, 1149x695px) Image search: [Google]
sh3 heather t-shirt qutie.jpg
120KB, 1149x695px
Heather is probably the best evidence of the TeamSilent's character artist's claims of "not perfect" resulting the best, most lovable results.

Funnily enough, her freckles and messy hair make her absolutely perfect.
>>
File: 1500834514065.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500834514065.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>get the PS2 collection
>vanilla SH2 instead of the restless dreams version

fucking Konami can't do anything right
>>
>>386453560
Oh shit what if the silent hill franchise is cursed? And anyone who works on it gets canned
>>
>>386450109
Just use a shitty logitech controller. SH2 doesn't really need a very good controller to enjoy. It is one of those games where you don't need a good controller to actually enjoy it. It is an easy game to.
>>
File: sh1_strafe2.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
sh1_strafe2.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>386457515
the tank-controls sit well with KB-only gameplay as well. That's how I always play RE and SH games on a computer.
>>
>>386457515
see
>>386455168

felt kinda silly going out and buying a shitty logitech gamepad when I have a myriad of current gen ones collecting dust
>>
>>386452721
>No one would complain about a modern game that looks like them.

Hate to say it but they would. Graphics whores are all over this board.
>>
File: sh3 - 2k res - doughlas.png (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
sh3 - 2k res - doughlas.png
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>386459141
>Hate to say it but they would.
you need to be one jarred graphix-fag to have a problem with SH2 and up. Their art design alone makes many more modern games pale in comparison, but their tech ain't too shabby either with those real-time shadows and stuff.

The character animations rival even HL2.
>>
File: Untitled.png (112KB, 806x350px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
112KB, 806x350px
>>386459535
>>
File: sh3 the bookstore.jpg (182KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
sh3 the bookstore.jpg
182KB, 1024x780px
>>386459632
Those kiddos have clearly not even touched a PS2 games in a while / never ever.

Not to mention when a "PS2 game" looks like this... I'd gladly be "stuck" with such graphical fidelity
>>
File: FO4 face animations.webm (510KB, 564x490px) Image search: [Google]
FO4 face animations.webm
510KB, 564x490px
>>386459632
>meanwhile on PS4
>>
>>386460591
Fuck off Todd, that's a multiplat.
>>
File: SH3 Heather pomf tease.webm (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SH3 Heather pomf tease.webm
3MB, 800x600px
>>386462285
So is SH3
>>
>>386460060
The only problem with PS2 games is the resolution. Its certainly workable but lets be honest 640 x 480 doesn't look so hot on modern 3840 x 2160 screens. Yes I know some games were all fucked up and ran lower and some even went up to 1080i like Gran Turismo 4 but the vasty majority were around there.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.