[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so angry and sad I'll never be able to experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: silent-hill-2-2.jpg (42KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
silent-hill-2-2.jpg
42KB, 670x503px
I'm so angry and sad I'll never be able to experience a game like silent hill again. Pure loneliness but comforting at the same time. It's the only game that has impacted me in so many ways. Suggest some games that come close to it. OFF was pretty cool.

Also, silent hill thread.
>>
>Never be able to experience a game like Silent Hill again
Why?
>>
File: 22.jpg (3KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
3KB, 120x120px
The Void
Pathologic
Cryostasis

Honorable mentions go to:
Knock-Knock and Bastion.
>>
>>386443786
I tried the void and was incredibly confused on how to progress in one level. That was years ago though. I'll try it again.
>>
>>386443784
I haven't come by a game that has resonated so perfectly with me. The design, soundtrack, story, and environments. Silent hill 2 specifically is flawless in my opinion. So I find it hard to find games that can connect with me on such a deep level. It's directly influenced how I make music and the way I think of concepts for my music.
>>
>>386444110
Okay I get that but the key words
>NEVER, EXPERIENCE, AGAIN
Why?
>>
>>386444571
What like "why don't you play the game again idiot"?
>>
File: the-void_p03377-01_sc6.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
the-void_p03377-01_sc6.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
>>386443958
It is confusing, quite intentionally. It's fairly heavily based around trial and error and slow, painful learning process. The game flat out intentionally witholds key information from you on first playthrough. It does it to make point, and it's generally more advisable to just experiment and learn things for yourself than to have it spoiled by walkthroughs and others.

However, it is STILL preferable to keep playing than to get put off completely by the obscurity of some of the mechanics. So if you feel like trying but still run into something that confuses you so much that it drains your will to continue playing, there is no shame in either looking it up (there used to be a pretty detailed and extensive walkthrough for he entire game somewhere online), or just ask. IPL have a small and quiet, but pretty dedicated fanbase around here, so if you just ask around, the odds are somebody will chime in to help you.

Again: playing as blind as possible and learning things for yourself is part of the story it's trying to tell, so having spoiled as little as possible is ideal, but... you know how it gets. We all have just a limited patience and will.

One thing I CAN spoil/explain though, because it's not so much something the game intentionally witholds, but rather an ERROR that the game does completely unintentionally: it literally gives you false information that is a left-over from an older version of the game.

When reviving trees using the Donor glyph, the game warns you to not over feed them (you literally get to fill in a meter), suggesting that all the extra color that you'll pour in will be lost.

Well, that is just not true. There used to be an older game where this mechanic existed, but they removed it. They forgot to remove the relevant line of dialogue though.

So... don't worry about over-filling trees. You'll understand what I mean once you are in the game.
>>
>>386444689
Exactly.
>>
>>386444786
Because it's not going to effect me the same way it did if I played it again. I would be able to anticipate everything and won't have that feeling of exploring the unknown again. The scene where you go deeper and deeper into your own grave and face your demons in silent hill 2 isn't going to be nearly as impactful.
>>
>>386444719
Alright thank you. I'll try it again right now because I really liked what I played but got hung up and lost patience. That's an interesting mechanic metaphorically.
>>
File: 1494132101759.jpg (108KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
1494132101759.jpg
108KB, 1280x842px
i just had a 2 hour dream of what felt like the beginning of a new silent hill game. i was in a haunted mansion on a deserted island with some blonde woman and there was some disfigured moose-man stalking us; eventually we got away and started exploring. it was completely dark in most of the corridors; i remember looking through my inventory for a light source and used a phone. doors were opening and closing around us everywhere, many of them locked when i examined them. eventually we met a suspicious old woman who wanted to lead us around.

after a while, the blonde got separated and she revealed that she was a ghost to the man i was "playing as", who she asked "when did you accept your fate?" they then disappeared into the floor, leaving only bones and shit. it was really fucking creepy but i always felt the urge to keep going and now i wish it was a real game
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.