[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else find it weird how """gamers"""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: failure to launch.jpg (95KB, 1100x600px) Image search: [Google]
failure to launch.jpg
95KB, 1100x600px
Anybody else find it weird how """gamers""" don't play very many games? Everybody I have ever spoken to that fashion's themselves as "hardcore" or whatever hasn't really sampled much of what this medium has to offer. Instead opting to confine themselves to one genre, and dumping hundreds of hours into dull repetitive tasks.

The same applies to diagnosed "video game addicts". You think, damn, this guy loved video games so much he ruined his life for them. He must know some pretty cool shit about obscure hardware and be unbelievably skilled. But they aren't. They play safe "competitive" games with consistent rewards or mobile trash or an MMO. Nobody is plowing through the PS2 or PC-98 or whatever library and just can't stop.

Basically play a wider variety of video games you fucks.
>>
Don't tell me what to do Mr I'm a real gaymer man
>>
>>386443219
Yo I'm a true gamer. I play Call of Duty, FIFIA, Madden, NBA2k, and GTA
>>
nice blog
>>
People with the taste to appreciate a large variety of games usually aren't the kind of autists who destroy their own lives over them.
>>
If someone liked variety they wouldn't call themselves a gamer
>>
I think the same, OP. Good post, despite whatever anyone else here might tell you.
>>
>>386443219
Games are no longer targeted at """Gamers""" as you call them. They want to appeal to large audiences to maximise sales.
>>
>>386443219
I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're bitching about.
>>
>>386443219
>Nobody is plowing through the PS2 or PC-98 or whatever library and just can't stop.
I do (also PC Engine and Saturn at the moment) but if you asked me irl, I wouldn't tell anyone about it.
>>
File: 1388069747645.png (13KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1388069747645.png
13KB, 429x410px
>>386443219
soulsfags praise the game for doing shit that lots of games did before leading me to believe they don't play many games at all
>>
If they enjoy it, why the fuck wouldn't they stick to what they enjoy?

If you play video games without enjoying it or generally take part in hobbies which you don't enjoy then you're certifiably a retard.

Someone who plays EXCLUSIVELY strategy games for example is no less valid than someone who dips their fingers in every single genre, provided they enjoy it.

Video GAMES.
>>
>>386443219
Yeah
>>
>>386443219
>He must know some pretty cool shit about obscure hardware and be unbelievably skilled. But they aren't.
The people that know obscure shit about obscure hardware and are unbelievably skilled are usually the people who have normal regular lives, are productive part of society (see >>386443401) and treat the games (and general video game / hardware collecting) as their hobby, not entertainment.

>inb4 "hobby is an entertainment"
Yes, but on a different level. I watch TV, I read books. I don't consider either of those two my hobbies. On the other hand I also play all kinds of video games and collect vidya stuff (retro and current games, machines, vidya collectibles, vidya figures) and in that case I DO consider it my hobby. I want to learn more about that stuff, be knowledgeable about it, I enjoy getting new stuff in my collection.

Also >>386443489 this guy is right too
>>
>>386443219
that reminds me that b4nny has 15000 hours in tf2
>>
>>386443219

>Nobody is plowing through the PS2 or PC-98 or whatever library and just can't stop.

No one does this. Everyone has their own preferences for genres, and they won't go through the entire library of a console just because they "love video games". You can be obsessed with video games and only play a few genres. Why would you bother with something you most likely won't enjoy? Why would you plow through a consoles library when 50% of it is shovelware?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.