[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no atmosphere compared to the first game >turned into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: wutcher.jpg (84KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
wutcher.jpg
84KB, 460x215px
>no atmosphere compared to the first game
>turned into generic fantasy shit
>ugly graphics
>buggy as fuck
>open world meme
>ubishit mechanics
>story is typical save the world crap with EVIL antagonist made for casuals and mass audience
>ass combat
Why was this so successful?
>>
people love that stuff
>>
>>386438359
>ugly graphics

No.
>>
>ugly graphics
>buggy as fuck
>ass combat
All wrong. I will agree with the game having a less interesting story and atmosphere than TW1 though.
>>
Lots of content and the open world was pretty and well designed.
Normalfags are shallow. You don't need much to impress them.
And remember most people who play games don't even make it halfway through so they're less likely to notice shitty combat systems.
>>
File: 1501925990244.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501925990244.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>386438787
Best graphics out there. True kino for sure.
>>
>>386438836
edgy
>>
>>386438836
>they didnt even fug

why live?
>>
>>386438830
>less than 30% of people who bought Witcher 3 on steam finished it
seems like you're right
>>
>>386438787
It was extremely buggy on release.
>>
>>386438836
I killed the fuck out of that shitstain of a human.
>>
>>386438836
>Literally the ONLY awkward animation sequence in the entire game
>Dude ugly game lmao
>>
>>386438883
Whoreson was most cliche and edgy villain in whole Witcher. Probably worse than Radovid.
>look he kills women for fun and does bad things what a bad guy you are supposed to hate him
>>
>>386438787
The OP is actually correct regarding two things:

The game has plenty bugs. Not all players stumble into them but many do. That's fair enough.

Ass combat might be an overstatement. The combat is alright at best, it is quite basic and straightforward with not much room left for creativity. Compared to games with great combat, you could call it "ass."

What OP is wrong about is ugly graphics. The game is absolutely beautiful, possibly the most gorgeous game I have ever played all visual things considered (character models, lightning effects, animations etc.).

Although the story involves the idea of saving the world, it is never the main point. The story is told beautifully, again, all things considered.
>>
>>386439174
>The story is told beautifully
You can't tell a story 'beautifully' in an open world game.
I'm sure the books are pretty good if you're into that kind of thing but open world game are detrimental to storytelling.
I think Superbunnycuck did a video on it a few years ago.
>>
>>386439383
This. W3 being open world took away the story. And not only that, but also economy and overall polish. White Orchard is a well made location but everything else is just bland.
>>
File: Witcher 3 final boss.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 final boss.webm
3MB, 853x480px
/v/ is underage as sin
>>
>>386439460
>feeling the need to record your button mashing
>>
>>386439604
to be fair, the final boss had you dodging magic or something so it slightly more enjoyable than normal combat encounters
>>
>>386439383
I do not feel like the choice of doing side quests in an open world distracted my immersion in the main story. It simply required a some level of suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>386439721
there's ammount of suspension of disbelief that will make Witcher 3 make any sense.

Everything in this game ,even the main quests is designed in an extremely convoluted breadcrumb where you do favors for favors for favors, and get some useless information that's logically easier to get in other ways

And the problem with this is how many times they repeat how urgent it is to find Ciri, everyone says this. And the main story doesn't leave room to rest even after the main quest is completed.

This doesn't work in an open world game where everything is designed to waste your time and even the main quests are wasting your time by finding convoluted solutions to simple problems. It could have worked with some clever writing by the writers of this game are literal retards.
>>
What does "open world" even mean nowadays? Side quests? Is Baldur's Gate open world too?
>>
>>386440131
It's a meme buzzword to promote the game.
In theory open world is a map where you can go do whatever you want in what order you want.
In W3 case however it's just a huge world filled with useless shit. It doesn't even feel alive. Hubs from the first game were more realistic. NPCs that gave you quests actually had life cycles (you could find them on street, in their house/tavern etc.).
>>
>>386440131
it means the world is open for the player to explore freely
>>
>>386440131
>>386440195
No loading screens between areas you literal retards.
>>
>>386440309
so what Skyrim isn't an open world game because there are loading areas everywhere?
>>
>>386438830
>lots of content
Name 5 things that arn't gwent
>>
>>386440309
>W3 doesn't have loading screens
>loading screens define a genre
Makes you think
>>
>>386440195
The first Witcher had hubs though? Why are people suddenly praising this half baked mess with its laughable "combat"?
>>
>>386440586
>Why are people suddenly
>suddenly

I know you didn't know how to use the internet when the game was released, but it had pretty good reviews and sold millions of copies
>>
>>386440586
That post literally says "Hubs from the first game were more realistic"
learn to read
>>
>>386440498
>go to an interest point
>fight the same monster you've fought a million times
>get a useless item that's good for nothing but vendor trash

>get a quest
>get some backstory
>go to an interest point
>fight the same monster you've fought a million times
>get a useless item that's good for nothing but vendor trash
>>
>>386438359
>no atmosphere compared to the first game
Anglo detected.
>>
>>386438359
Are there any mods to turn Witcher 3 gameplay (combat and alchemy primarily) to be more like Witcher 1 with FCR mod?

That combination made for a very frustrating but a lot more realistic and interesting gameplay.

I really hate what they've done with alchemy in 3.
>>
>>386440741
>millions of copies were given away or in bundles
Makes (You) think
>>
>>386440798
>it's useless shit because I say so
>lighting shrines and fighting demon doggos for a whole act is better
>>
>>386439460
is that supposed to be good? because it looks like trash.
>>
>>386441078
how fucking underaged are you, it sold millions of copies long before yearly steam discount sales were a thing

it sold more than a million as the game was just released

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87900-CD-Projekt-Named-Entrepreneurs-of-the-Year

just fuck off and kill yourself you're pissing me off
>>
>>386441419
Calm down, reddit. A million in one year is nothing and doesn't change the fact that the series got significantly better with every game. I'm also willing to bet I'm older than you.
>>
>>386438359
Console kids are easy to please.
>>
Witcher 1 and 2 were really good games, can't argue with that. Witcher 3 kind of seems like it isn't as fun to play storywise.
>>
File: vampire getting trashed.webm (3MB, 684x384px) Image search: [Google]
vampire getting trashed.webm
3MB, 684x384px
>>386441072
Yes, Preparations for alchemy, I'm also using Ghostmode by the same guy for combat and general gameplay thing, it's highly customizable, same with potions, you can tweak alchemy from requiring just the base to refill each potion to requiring the full recipe for every single one.

Also get this with Preparations:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2417/?

Read all about Ghostmode before installing, it changes a lot of stuff like how your stamina behaves based on your armor weight and how your strong attack is the only to pierce armor against the more armored foes, there's a lot of cool stuff.
>>
>>386438359

It's normalfag-bait
>>
>>386442703

Witcher 2 is fucking ass compared to Witcher 3.
>>
>>386438359
Marketing.
>FREE DLC on launch! (cut content strapped on as FREE DLC for cred)
>Small indie studio! So relatable and admirable!
>The reveal trailer looks amazing! (Downgraded)
>1 and 2 got free Enhanced Edition, 3 will too! (Didn't)
>CDPR hinting that shitty looking pre release footage might possibly be consoles (wasn't)
>Your choices actually matters in this game! (Outcomes can never be predicted beforehand)
>BASED CDPR!
I fell for it. Last time that ever happens.
>>
File: elric_of_melnibone.jpg (886KB, 2350x1754px) Image search: [Google]
elric_of_melnibone.jpg
886KB, 2350x1754px
The voice acting makes me cringe
30 hours in and I couldn't give a damn who dies
Disappointing honestly
Also Elric > Geralt
>>
>>386443356

you forgot

>lmao crafting!! XD
>>
>>386442982

Man Dettlaff is much wore well animated than anybody else in the game, you can tell he was made last.
>>
>>386443475
Everything in HoS and B&W is much better animated than in the base game, they're probably years apart in development, or at least weren't given the same care due to different deadlines.
>>
>>386443441
I don't remember that being part of the marketing, and crafting existed in W2 as well iirc.
It was really hyped up to be the best game in the world by marketing and fans who were happy with CDPR's previous perfomances, but fell short in almost every aspect.
>>
>>386443563

Well, yeah, it wasn't really part of the marketing.

I just dislike it if crafting becomes mandatory in RPGs.
RPGs like Gothic made it possible to find every craftable weapon/armor/potion/etc in the game-world instead of being forced to craft it if you want it. Also you had to be a blacksmith apprentice to do it.
It doesn't even fit into the lore in Witcher 3, Gerald is no master blacksmith.
>>
>>386438359
T. Didn't read the books
>>
>>386443356
>Outcomes can never be predicted beforehand
>never
Not true, and besides, a game where every consequence can be predicted in advance is ridiculous.
>>
>>386443859
I read all the books before games were even released and i still can tell that W3 was generic fantasy shit.
>>
>>386443857
There's a reason your need a blacksmith to craft stuff, Geralt doesn't craft his weapons himself.
>>
Every once in a while, people will like something you don't like.
>>
>>386438359
>ugly graphics
I was bored to death by the Witcher 2 and 3.
I wrote a review on steam and had hoards of fan boys commenting on it yelling and screaming that i was a troll and Witcher 3 was "GAME OF THE YEAR ALL YEARS CUZ BOOBIES"
Witcher 2 and 3 are not very good.
But Witcher 3's graphics are 11/10
>>
>>386443876
Shouldn't have said never.
>a game where every consequence can be predicted in advance is ridiculous.
That's not true at all. It would be better if you could decide what way you wanted the story to go, so it felt like you had impact.
The Baron quest line is among the stupidest examples. On your first playthrough, you can't decide the fate of the Baron at all even though you're presented with all the reasons to either like him or hate him.
>He's a terrible husband and father who drinks a lot and hits his wife.
>But he says he's a changed man now. He really seems to want them back and care for them.
>Do you want to want to help him or the mom/daughter?
>NAH FUCK YOU. You have to help him and whether you side with him or team mom/daughter is decided by what you do to this tree!

Make the consequence an actual consequence for the player and have the player be able to decide if they want to face it.
>>
>>386444448
There are only two direct consequences to this choice, one is doing what you're told to get information about Ciri from the crones and the other is risking not getting anything but saving some kids, the rest is not so much consequences as it is the story moving on, you can't be responsible for everything.

Even knowing how they both end, there's no right answer to it, either everyone lives except the kids or Baron/Wife die and kids are saved. Even the recap cutscene tells you to roll with it.
>>
What the FUCK is radovids problem?
>>
>>386445872
Got spanked by Philippa when he was a child so he hates sorceresses now.
>>
>>386443196
Well Witcher 1 was much better than Witcher 2. Haven't tried 3 yet.
>>
>>386445872
He was mad at Philippa. In W1 and W2 he was a very cruel but strategic and smart ruler.
In W3 they made him into babyrage retard so he will be another Joffrey clone for that GoT points.
>>
>>386443196
Witcher 2 story is miles ahead of the botched mess that is Witcher 3, it's not even close
>>
File: 1384804016370.jpg (324KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1384804016370.jpg
324KB, 680x1000px
>>386444448
>never met Whoreson Jr
>go into his house
>game gives you a really hard choice wether to kill him or not
>guess the developers really want me to be mad and kill him even though I met the guy 5 minutes ago
>do it and get a happy ending where he gets replaced by a benevolent doppler who will help the orphans

nice choice lol
>>
>>386441072
>Witcher 1 with FCR mod?
Been looking to replay tw1 with that mod. Is it good? I've read it was basically "you oneshot everyone and everyone oneshots you"
>>
>>386439460
Eredick was such a disappointment holy shit
>>
File: boorman-excalibur-arthur-death.jpg (24KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
boorman-excalibur-arthur-death.jpg
24KB, 670x377px
>>386439460
I love how much it looked like the end battle of Excalibur with the red sun in the background
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.