[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to play amnesia the dark descent for the first time. House

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

About to play amnesia the dark descent for the first time. House is dark and empty. Any tips guys? I don't imagine it's too scary.
>>
>>386436143
>he needs tips for a game where all you have to do is hold W
>>
there will probably be points in the game where you get stuck because you can't find a certain item.

instead of looking up a walkthrough i recommend to look online for a map.
>>
>>386436198
Like I said I haven't played it yet so don't really see how I would know that
>>
>>386436198
This is just false.
>>
>>386436198
>he complains about games he hasn't played.

protip, the walking sim aspect didn't became a thing until a machine for pigs and soma.
>>
>>386436235
Thanks man! Noted. Looks like a pretty large file on my computer. So I'm guessing it's going to be pretty lengthy.
>>
>>386436143
I remember when this game was the big meme. Glad this type of game finally died out. So fucking boring!

Protip: enemies literally despawn if you get killed by them so there is literally 0 challenge.
>>
>>386436324
Can you at least fight the monsters?
>>
>>386436143
Play it completely blind. I highly advise not to ruin yourself. There may be one puzzle which is a pipe puzzle that I had issues with but the rest of the game is highly advised to not spoil yourself on.

This game is probably one of the better horror games, Don't even touch a machine for pigs..not worth the time.
>>
>>386436324
not every enemy despawns
>>386436378
no, it's a stealth + asventure game
>>
>>386436143
>Any tips guys?
Yeah, play SOMA instead.

>I don't imagine it's too scary.
It's not. Aged terrible. Level design is garbage tier throughout. The whole thing feels entirely unbelievable and so there's no suspension of disbelieve.
>>
>>386436396
I've been told that Machine for Pigs was a stupid game with little plot. Starting with this one. Just finished playing slender the arrival (absolute shit) and I'm craving something a bit more for my age group. Any other good horror games?
>>
>>386436378
No

Just turn the game off when you get past the invisible water monster, that's the peak and it just gets worse from there
>>
>>386436526
penumbra if you want more amnesia style game
alien isolation
soma
>>
>>386436450
I might just switch to SOMA if it is better I just started and it's already painstakingly slow for a horror game.
>>
>>386436592
Cause it's not meant to be a horror game. It feels like it was meant to be a game that makes you think and they added horror elements just for the sake of it.
>>
>>386436592
Do it. Ssoma has great atmosphere and story. Will stick with you for a while honestly. Must play for any horror game fan.
>>
>>386436570
Played alien Isolation and I wasn't impressed. My wife was terrified watching though so that was fun. Downloading SOMA now.
>>
The worst thing about this is the enemy despawning. "Oh you got killed by this monster? Don't worry, it's gone now ;)"
Absolutely kills any tension, there are still good parts like the prison or the water though and the puzzle, while fairly easy are fun too
>>
>>386436570
As this anon said, these are good.
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Scary_Horror_%26_Mindfuck

A list of a lot of horror games, some free, some not. Check it out when you get a chance.
>>
>>386436570
Seconding Penumbra
Black Plague had some tense as fuck moments
>>
>>386436694
Looks like they were both developed with Frictional, so I have a few reservations but I'm going to try it.
>>
>>386436294
more like Dear Esther and Gone Home
>>
>>386436324
>playing a horror game for challenge
The atmosphere's really good and that's all that matters.
>>
>>386436852
Having to think through fear makes or breaks a horror based game I think. But I see where you're coming from..
>>
>>386436836
>Looks like they were both developed with Frictional
True. Soma is a vastly better game in terms of story, setting, atmosphere and technology and therefore crossed the line into the real of 'enjoyable' for me. But they are similar, make no mistake about that. In Soma you also can't fight the monsters and are always on the run. That in itself is not a problem for me though. Maybe it is for you...
>>
>>386436852
>le reddit castle

Epic atmosphere. The only spooky thing was the backstory for the generic enemy and the 10 seconds were you are actually outside the castle
>>
>TFW out of curiosity wanted to see what the monsters look up close
Haven't touched the game at all since. That was 2 years ago.
>>
File: al bundy.jpg (19KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
al bundy.jpg
19KB, 512x384px
>>386436143
All the tension is lost when you realize the creepy monsters despawn from the map after you've successfully hid from them.
>>
>>386436143
Get trainer and turn on inf matches or was it candles. 100% non-scary anymore, and you get to enjoy the story.....what little there is. ALSO look up the hidden ending, might be a HUGE spoiler but might be worth it to ya.
>>
The game isn't as spoopy as it looks you just run away if danger is coming. Also you lose sanity in the dark and flop around iirc but it's mostly a meme
>>
>>386436143
>Any tips guys?
Play Penumbra instead.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.