[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has street fighter 5's failure shown that people really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3021.jpg (122KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3021.jpg
122KB, 1080x600px
Has street fighter 5's failure shown that people really do want the same thing? Would street fighter 4.5 have sold better and kept people happy? Keeping mechanics like a super and ultra, focus canceling etc.
It seems they would have been better off going to rehashed call of duty like route instead of trying new shit. I honestly don't think it's a bad game. Lacking content, yes. But I just play online every now and then anyway.
>>
>>386433010
>Has street fighter 5's failure shown that people really do want the same thing?
no, they want new things that aren't shit
>>
What failure?
>>
>>386433086
No one would give capcom shit if they rehashed 4 again and added a few fan favorite characters . That's what people want
>>
>>386433093
SFV still hasn't broke the 2 million sales mark.
Capcom considers anything under 2M a failure
>>
Street Fighter 5's failure as a game has shown that no matter how big of fuckups Capcom are, Street Fighter won't die. Fuck the people who still play this garbage game when there are far better alternatives out there.
>>
It's failure is due to launching as an early access game, having shit new characters and the online being broken for the first month and still shit a year and a half later.

Also anyone who thinks the yearly "rehash" release of a new update was a bad idea is a fool. When new updates released it brought new hype, new marketing, new reviews which interested new players and new sales.

SFV won't sell great anymore because there's no new version to grab new players.

A Super SFV would be on the front page of Steam and thousands of new people would be interested
>>
>>386433463
>Oh look, it's Capcom jewing again. I'll wait for the complete game. *click*
>>
File: 1497329304518.jpg (37KB, 724x663px) Image search: [Google]
1497329304518.jpg
37KB, 724x663px
Oh look, its this thread again. SFV is still active and you are all a bunch of casuals who don't play fighting games.
>>
I have no clue what capcom was thinking with season 2. The game did not do well enough to take a risk by adding characters literally nobody gives a shit about. We're missing some of the OG world warriors and they add a gigantic down-syndrome leaf to the game

The same people who said "Sodom won't fit in the game at this point because there aren't enough people who would contribute to his story" added Abigail, a character who has no bearing on anything and his story mode is him crying and making retarded noises and people misinterpret them.
>>
>>386433459
Actually no one else plays those games either. That's a community issue, or maybe. The games not as good as shills want you to believe.
Smashfags are the only people who love Thier game enough to support it over street fighter and gain a massive scene. Tekken scene will die because of Koreans. And I'm sure you understand how anime games go after a week or two of playing.
Dbz shows potential on the same level of a netherrealm studies game. Pander to normies, but I don't expect actually depth from it.
>>
>>386433010
New game is fine, just stop trying to sell us early access at full price and then make your gameplan to sell the rest all piecemeal making your game a glorfied online lobby at the mercy of servers. One day SFV won't even be playable for a historic context
>>
File: 1497306591594.png (581KB, 663x868px) Image search: [Google]
1497306591594.png
581KB, 663x868px
>>386433712

Shut the fuck up, you little shit. We all know you'll whine and bitch no matter what. You don't play fighting games.
>>
>>386434141
I've bought every goddamn capcom fightan released in the last eight or so years, including fucking SFXT, you shithead.

Nobody wanted new characters.Ed's inputs are alien and weird and he wasn't anything like we expected since he randomly just roided the fuck out because of his fast-aging or whatever and Abigail, while fun, is one of the worst fucking designs ever spawned from Capcom's offices. You have a fucking 25 year old franchise with millions of characters that people adore and you make the one choice the vast majority of people would have been fucking unhappy with. It's even more telling when they make Akuma look like a fetal alcohol syndrome lion and then sell his actual design as DLC

Kolin's okay, though. Got nothing against her.
>>
>>386434141
No I don't think people would whine and bitch if they added Blanka, Dan, Cody, Guy and Oro over Abigail, Kolin Jew nose and Ed

LITERALLY not one person would rather have had the latter
>>
>>386434382
>is one of the worst fucking designs ever spawned from Capcom's offices.

He's just way too big with weird propotions and doesn't sell "big" at all. Hugo has gigantism, and has awkward "giant" movements. Abigil is even bigger and just moves around like a normal person.

The WORST Capcom design by far is Birdie. I hate Birdie.

>It's even more telling when they make Akuma look like a fetal alcohol syndrome lion and then sell his actual design as DLC

He's a Neckbeard lion. No clue what the hell they were going with. Tekken made an amazing Akuma.
>>
>>386434403
As j said in the op. People want the same characters. I personally don't care about any character you listed though
>>
>>386434403

They would have bitched for Blanka. Largely because while he has some popularity, not many players actually play him often. Even when 4 got to the phase where it started to show a lot of variety, there were still only like 2-3 known Blanka players. Far more Hakan, Dan, and Dhalsim players than that.
>>
>>386434403
Would you be ok with them adding all well known characters and only a few new ones
>>
>>386433706
>>386434141
SFV is as much of a fighting game as Brawl is.
>>
>>386433010
Sequels are supposed to be improvement, not change.
>>
>>386433286
Any non indie studio would consider less than 2M a failure for a multiplat.
>>
>>386436101
Nigga what
>>
>>386435618
>there were still only like 2-3 known Blanka players.
>trying so hard to make the game a "pro" circlejerk as an excuse to remove casual friendly content
Never
Fucking
Fails
>>
>>386435807
Yes. For every 4/5 classic characters 1 original.
>>
>>386436265
Compared to the majority of other fighters it is. Infinite is already guaranteed to be better than SFV and even that looks average so far,
>>
>>386435618
In the context of tourney faggots sure.

Like I give a fuck about tryhard pro players. FGC is the cancer killing videogames. SFV is LITERALLY in the state it's in because of esports circlejerking and tryhard tourney fags
>>
>>386433213
People had been giving capcom shit for that though, especially when it was still called SFIV.
>>
>>386436430
They need to pull a netherralm and fill up on single player content and fan service characters. But it's too late.
Tekken did it right. Tekken has been literally using moves since the original years ago. Adding the favorites. And barely tweaking the game plus adding singly player content for normies.
Street fighter 5 went full experimental crazy shit and casuals weren't ready. They want the same shit they've been playing with 1 or two more mechanics and legacy characters
>>
>>386436210

I get what you're saying, but its the easiest way to make a point about character usage as there is no super reliable source that gets published for that. I could say that I ran into a Blanka player like once a month but that doesn't carry much wait. Especially since its not super obvious like Evil Ryu or Cammy's popularity and usage.

>>386436430
>FGC is the cancer killing videogames.
Not really. The problem is how Capcom handles the entire community. I mean the Japanese FGC wants arcades machines but they are never getting that.
>>
>>386436837
>I can't come up with actual discussion
People don't just shit on SFV because it's the reddit thing to do anon.
>>
>>386436835
I actually like that the japs didn't have access to the game years before everyone else. Look how fucking boring tekken has become. Ohhh who will wi- and it's saint or jdcr again...
>>
they should have made a new alpha game instead of SFV.
the game has a terrible clay muscle look.
>>
>>386433010
It showed that people don't really care about how dumbed down the gameplay is, they just want to see pretty combos and effects like in MK or Tekken.
>>
>>386436963

It's still largely the Japanese dominating the scene though. The only one that can consistently challenge them is Infiltration, who's Korean. On top of that the only other winners have been French (Luffy/Rose) and Singapore (Xian/Gen). So you might as well just give them their damn machines.
>>
>>386437253

That's in regards to EVO that is.
>>
>>386437139
This is true to a lot of people combos = depth but in that case why are anime games the least popular? I honestly don't know WHAT people want. The closest idea I have is: same and popular characters obviously. Single player content (arcade, finished story, challenge, survivor, gallery, colors costumes). And mechanics that stay pretty similar game to game.
But then I think about the people who want this stuff and how they won't ever play online or try to git gud at all, then blaming the game for it
>>
>>386437253
Even then Americans have made a strong presence and more countries are getting represented. Yeah punk lost at evo but he was still top 2. It's still impressive to see
>>
>>386434141
>le deconstructed devolver huehuepic
You need to go back.
>>
>>386433010
But are the people who are angry at Ed, Abigail etc the same people who are angry when III removed many old characters in favor of Dudley, Yun and Yang, Hugo, Q etc
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.