[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just had this game gifted to me. While I wait for my shitty Internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (12KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 264x264px
Just had this game gifted to me. While I wait for my shitty Internet to download it what should I expect? (I've never seen or heard anything about this game before)
>>
It's literally a walking simulator.
However, it's one of the very few walking simulators done right.
That means there's no 'actual' gameplay : you just walk around and listen to the narrator. While that may sound terrible, in the case of the Stanley parable, it's really well done and enjoyable.
>>
You walk around an environment while a british man tells the "story" of your character. One of the main points of the game is not doing what the british man says and getting him angry and taking you to strange places you wouldn't get to otherwise. It's really charming IMO, mostly because the british man has a syrupy voice.
>>
>>386432005
just play it you fucking imbecile
>>
>>386432005
it's p cool and has its moments
perfect when you have some time to lose or when you're too tired to play intensive games but not enough to fall asleep on your desk
>>
>>386432005
Its a cheeky cunt of a game
Solid 7/10 game
>>
The Broom closet ending was my FAVOURITE
>>
>>386432005
Nice narrator voice
>>
>>386432005
Walksim, a good analysis of narrative in video games.
Pretty funny, a bit of feels.
It's better if you find somebody to talk about it or try to analyse it yourself.

Good ride !
>>
>>386432005
it should keep you interested a couple of hours there are many endings/outcomes depending if you follow the narrator or not
i enjoyed it very much
>>
>>386432005
Couple of pretty fun hours.
>>
>>386432005
babby's first introduction to post modernism.

like really, it's fucking garbage quality and for 15$ it lasts all of two hours. PoMo is garbage too but that aside there's better stuff out there on it for free.
>>
>>386432005
It's alright. I got about 3 or 4 endings in 45 minutes then finished with it.
>>
File: p776kw5n.jpg (7KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
p776kw5n.jpg
7KB, 197x190px
It's bretty fun. After you're done playing it, you should check out The Beginner's Guide. It's similar to The Stanely Parable and is made by one of the dudes who worked on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJpUIOnyu9k
>>
>>386435578
It's not really post-modernism and it likes to laugh at "artsy" games as well.
There is also a lot of effort into it.
>>
>>386432005
It's basically "pretentious: the game". It's a walking sim trying to be deep about choices in video games. If the voice of the narrator doesn't make you want to destroy your computer before, it'll keep you busy maybe one hour or two before you cringe too hard at the game's attempt to be "le randum xd".
>>
>>386436072
>a lot of effort
must've been made by blithering idiots then.
>>
>>386436313
>>386435578
I'll never get these arguments
Stanley's parable is clearly not taking itself über seriously, if anything it's a parody more than anything, unlike games like talos principle: ultimate fedora simulation which lets you show how enlightened you are at any and every occasion
>>
>>386435912
Neat, didn't know about this before.
>>
File: 1502016529386.jpg (31KB, 282x257px) Image search: [Google]
1502016529386.jpg
31KB, 282x257px
HURR IVE NEVER HEARD OF IT BEFORE

Yes you did otherwise you wouldnt know if itd be semi acceptable to be posted on here. Go fuck yourself, you cant even be true to you on an anonymous board, holy shit
>>
>>386432005
confusion end is best end
>>
>>386437129
What if he just posted it without worrying about acceptable? Maybe he god forbid just wanted to talk about some video games.
>>
>>386437129
Who the fuck hurt you?
>>
File: NPC_Rubin_b.png (740KB, 488x579px) Image search: [Google]
NPC_Rubin_b.png
740KB, 488x579px
>>386437129
>these are the people you share a board with
>>
>>386432005
I thought it was clever and funny. Don't take it too serious and it should entertain you for a couple of hours.
>>
>>386432005
Starts out interesting but gets really boring real quick. Fun for 30 minutes.
>>
>>386437573
what if he knew it had good reviews and thus did hear of it and wasted time trying to spark a discussion on le v?

>>386438154
your moms raging pussy
>>
>>386438154
reddit response
>>
This is the story of a man named Stanley
>>
File: 1501574312849.gif (82KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501574312849.gif
82KB, 550x400px
>tfw seeing yourself on the other side of the room
Scarier than anything in horror video games
>>
one of my emails made in to the cut content room.
>>
It's one of those games you can sit down and enjoy with even your videogame-hating girlfriend due to how creative, simple and clever it is. Some consider it to not even be a game but idunno, I think they're being dramatic. I really liked it, and I'm sure I'd find even more if I went back to play it again
>>
>>386432005
it's alright for a walking sim but it has no replayability. the beginner's guide on the other hand is the biggest puddle of wank ever released and it retroactively makes TSP even worse
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.