[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give me a legitimate reason this is a bad controller

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 27

Can someone give me a legitimate reason this is a bad controller that can't just be rebutted with "you just didn't know how to fucking hold it?"
>>
The analog's quality, that's it.
>>
There's no reason that the d pad has to be so far away from the analog stick
>>
>>386431708
It's rather terribly designed and somewhat counterproductive, had the controller been designed to allow you to use both the D-pad and joystick by moving your thumb rather than your entire hand like later controllers, more games could have had more options with the controls
>>
>>386431708
The Z button only exists because you can't reach the L shoulder button while having one hand in the analog stick position. Most games use the analog stick, making the L shoulder button functionally worthless. The analog stick position also inhibits access the D-pad, diminishing use of the entire left side of the controller. Its form inhibits its own function. That's why it's a bad controller.
>>
>>386431708
The holding positions are too uncomfortable for the hands.
It was never "how to hold" but "why do i have to hold it like that? This is stressfull to my muscles.
>>
>>386431708
I always had to do the middle finger way where my middle finger is on the Z trigger and my entire left hand is just holding the control stick. something about the control stick just doesn't feel right using a thumb only it just isn't right.
>>
>>386431828
>>386431838
>>386431915
>>386431926
>>386432018
>>386432041
>posting without having ever used it
Here you go OP, you have your answer.
>>
The fact that you have to defend it with "you don't know how to fucking hold it" makes it a bad controller. Give a child a 360, DS or a wiiu pro controller and they literally can't fuck it up. The placement of the buttons is superior on the mentioned controllers due to the fact that you can reach everything without having to shift your hand position.
>>
the analog does not seems to be made for prolonged use, it's wonky and annoying for the thumb.
It needed a second analog, at least the PS1 had an updated version, I can't believe Nintendo stuck with it for all those years.
>>
>>386432332
No child ever had issues with the N64 controller either. Using analogs AND the d-pad isn't intuitive or ergonomic at all.
>>
>>386432313
I have used the n64 controller for almost 2 decades, is my fav controller to use, but the stick's quality is awful.
Dont talk if you don't know shit.
>>
>>386432493
>Dont talk if you don't know shit.
>that post
Retard.
>>
The analog stick is so prone for having the deadzone fucked up that the devolpers included a way to reset the deadzone by doing a button combination.
>>
>>386432313
maybe if i give you this pity (You) you'll be sated enough to think of a better shitpost next time than replying to everyone
>>
It would've been smarter to switch the placement of the stick and the d-pad because most games didn't even have d-pad movements or they were inferior to the analog stick. Other than that, I liked it as a kid. Way better than the cheap unerognomic brick feeling I've had with the Playstation.
>>
>>386432313
Pretty much this. Every complaint like these if the N64 controller are from people who have never held one, or are too retarded to know how to hold one.
>>
>>386431708
>legitimate reason this is a bad controller
Because there are multiple ways of holding the controller to gain access to gain access to certain buttons but then losing access to others.
>>
>>386432332
Do you realize how stupid you sound? Players/devs used to choose either the Dpad OR the stick up until the PS2. Using both was a wrong decision. Nobody would have been stupid enough to try to use both at the same time back in the days.
>>
>>386431708
Its a fucking stupid anf gimicky design. Get rid of the middle arm, move the analog to the left

BOOM

A decent controller
>>
so fuck size of the hands, preferences, favourite genres, we're gonna decide if it's bad or good controler right here, right now
objectively correct of course

this board is seriously retarded, I was sure that's just a meme :^)
>>
>>386431708
Has anyone ever taped the top end of the controller to a stick and pretend it was a trident? Ha.. ha..
>>
>>386431708
>Can someone give me a legitimate reason this is a bad controller
the mechanical wear on the stick is really really really bad
>>
If you played any decent amount as a kid and haven't touched it in years, remember to change out the analog stick.

Chances are it was worn to shit and that's why you moved on.
>>
>>386432585
He's right you dumbshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>386431708
I don't like how the analouge stick loosens after years, and the d-pad is inferior to the DualShock 1, but thats it otherwise
>>
>MUH STICK
Are you all americans or what? Stop hamhanding your stuff. My sticks are still perfect.
>>
>>386432673
>having access to more buttons is bad
>everyone who thinks otherwise is dumb
>>
File: image.png (604KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
604KB, 1136x640px
>>386432704
>>
>trying to emulate with a modern game pad is almost impossible because trying to map buttons is a shit show

Also

>yeah, it was pretty good, that's why it went away completely and will never return and the game pad design has been streamline into something different
>>
>>386432795
I barely used mine and every single controller's stick wore out eventually.
>>
>>386432745
>d-pad is inferior to the DualShock 1
Kill yourself
>>
>>386432638
Games where you could use the D-pad or Analog Stick had the same button placement for Z and L, your argument is invalid.
>>
>>386432823
Having to move your fingers in unnatural stupid positions isn't "having access".
>>
>>386432795
settle down
>>
>>386431708
it's built like the designers thought 3d was going to be a fad
>>
>>386432823
It wasn't an issue back then because every game used or or the other or both for movement control. I may be mistake with Starcraft64.
>>
>>386432313
This, I'm an old fag, bought a N64 day-one, and never have any problem with this controller, it was even excellent for Golden Eye & Perfect Dark.
>>
>>386432858
>being this dumb
>>
How the fuck do you use L if your use the joystick?
>>
>>386432969
Because it didn't have a stick for camera movement? Faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
>>386432904
Fuck off nonce, as a LONG time player of Resident Evil 2 using the d-pad, im here to tell you that this is objectivly fucking correct. The d-pad handling on the dualshock 1 is tighter, more responsive and superior to the N64 d-pad.
>>
>the pong controller was bad because it had not dual analog sticks or rumble feature
>>
>>386433081
It was "excellent" for those games because of major auto aim.

Without it those games would have been a disaster
>>
>>386431708
Weakest durable first party controller
>>
The even worse decision was cardboard boxes for game cases.

What were they thinking? All those game cases ruined and gone forever while older systems games cases are still around.
>>
>>386433115
Why would you need to use L if you're using the joystick?
>>
>>386433190
for some reason, every match i would play with my friends as a kid, we always turned auto aim off

thinking about it today, i don't know how we could handle it, but apparently it was decent enough
>>
>>386433115
Most games didn't used the L button, mapped it as the same as the Z button or used the D-pad but not the Z button.
>>
>>386432951
Now that is just fucking retarded anon. Unless you're a major handlet or have burn scars so bad you can't move your fingers there's nothing uncomfortable about going from dpad to stick. Did you throw a shitfit when the GC controller came about and you had to use the dpad for map controls in ww?
>>
File: just why.png (372KB, 619x418px) Image search: [Google]
just why.png
372KB, 619x418px
>>386431708
-The analog sticks wore down fast, even under normal play. and are an enormous pain in the ass to fix/replace
-the entire left half of the controller is completely useless for 90% of games. Whether you want to admit it or not this is a design flaw.
-The buttons and the controller themselves are low quality child plastic, kind of like the 360 controller.

I wouldn't really complain as much if Nintendo simply used higher quality materials/process to make the stick and the stick box. If you ever saw a N64 controller taken apart, you'd know the stickbox which the analog works in, is the ugliest fuckin thing ever and you would wonder how it even stays together.

t.former competitive smash 64 player who has ruined a lot of those controllers through simple play.
>>
>>386433239
>older systems games cases are still around.
not many
>>
>>386433072
Yeah, it wasn't a problem back in the day because the design was so limiting you literally couldn't do anything but mirror functionality.
>>
>>386433169
Nintendo always had the best dpads you freaking nigger. Sony's are among the worst ones ever made.
>>
File: 1500832628014.gif (189KB, 864x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1500832628014.gif
189KB, 864x1064px
>>386431708
Not really a big argument but you have to at least give them credit for trying something different. Considering the current state of the mainstream gaming industry right now you should at least appreciate things that are bold enough to stray away from comfort zones old or new.
>>
>>386433302
>-the entire left half of the controller is completely useless for 90% of games. Whether you want to admit it or not this is a design flaw.
That is not a design flaw, that is actually good, a shame there weren't that many 2D games on the n64
>>
>>386431708
I always liked it, never had any real problems with it... though I don't really see why it NEEDED to be shaped like this as it didn't really feel any better than other controllers either. Sure it makes the system stand out a little more but it also just begs to divide the people you're trying to sell to.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>386433291
You're a massive retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1766x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1766x4032px
>>386433312
Well i mean, how far back you talking? Because Sega had the right idea and i hardly ever see unboxed Genesis/Megadrive games for sale
>>
>>386433302
>-the entire left half of the controller is completely useless for 90% of games. Whether you want to admit it or not this is a design flaw.
About 85% of your brain is currently unused. Does that make you an idiot?
>>
>>386433353
That's why we need so many buttons nowadays, two shoulder buttons on each side AND triggers extra, two analog sticks, one D-Pad, 4 buttons for your right thumb, two additional ones on the back for your ring finger and pinkie, a start button, a home button, a social media button AND an additional youtube button so you can upload 10s videos as you play. Don't forget a touchpad, gyro, rumble and a hand cooler because it heats up to 100 degrees.
>>
>>386433554
I hardly ever see sega stuff here
>>
File: n64 three hands.png (65KB, 239x178px) Image search: [Google]
n64 three hands.png
65KB, 239x178px
>>386431708
If you can't reach all the buttons without moving your whole fucking hand then your design is a failure.
>>
>>386433239
So much this.
>>
File: meesatoh.png (308KB, 518x421px) Image search: [Google]
meesatoh.png
308KB, 518x421px
>>386433535
Have your final (you)
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>386433383
You got a single fact to back that up?? At least i gave an anecdote about an actual game where i own both versions faggot, this isn't about bias or favoritsim, its fact.
>N64
>d-pad is big, but stiff
>gamecube
>d-pad handles well, but is tiny
>wii
>wagglin and small again

At least show your work anon, show that you have tried both, i can drone on and bore you about the differences between the PSX and N64 versions of Resident Evil 2 all day, i got time. Stop being fanboy, this isn't about bias, show your work.
>>
File: fjdmxF9[1].jpg (205KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fjdmxF9[1].jpg
205KB, 640x480px
>>386432638
>Any other controller: You have to either crank your thumb to use the joystick or crank your thumb to use the D-pad
>N64 controller: Simply change where your hand is resting on the controller.
There's never been any game that required you to use the D-pad and Joystick simultaneously and it would be a stupid game if they did.
>>
>>386433638
If you can't reach all the NEEDED controls without placing any hand or finger in an unnatural "resting" position then your design is objectively a failure.
>>
>>386433615
Ah, im bong. We were never really into Nintendo outside of the gameboys
>>
>>386433638
Basically no games for N64 used both the left AND central grips. They designed it this way so that some games could use the stick while others could use the D-Pad, and this way you can either use the Z-button or the L-button depending on which movement scheme the game preferred.

Granted their very next controller found a way to let players comfortably access the stick, D-Pad, L, and Z... they just hadn't thought that far ahead yet.
>>
>>386431708
If you want the truth, it's rather bulky and ugly looking but still has the best rumble to date with the rumble pack. When it shakes it fucking SHAKES.
>>
File: cont18[1].jpg (29KB, 568x426px) Image search: [Google]
cont18[1].jpg
29KB, 568x426px
OP here, the analog stick is probably the only argument I've heard that I agree with. I've had my fair share of blisters and broken springs inside the stick.

Regarding actual button layouts it's still great though. I've yet to hear anyone argue against that effectively.
>>
>>386433771
DO YOU EVEN HUNT MONSTERS
>>
>>386433772
>>386433821
You're arguing with kids who have no idea what video games were like at that time.
>>
>>386433603
Who touched you in your nono place when you were younger big guy?

>>386433458
I don't see how putting the Dpad/L button out of common useability is a good thing. While it does offer a different grip option for the controller, It severely crippled potential game control design choices of developers. Its nonsensical to ever expect anyone to take their hand out of the comfy as fuck position that holds the analog/Z-button. It's a completely illogical design that removes a 3rd of the controller from realistic use.
>>
>>386432583
>The analog stick is so prone for having the deadzone fucked up that the devolpers included a way to reset the deadzone by doing a button combination.

This is completely wrong. The reason the button combination exists is because optical encoding sensors don't know what the "zero position" is by default. Which means if you start the console while tilting the stick, the "zero position" will be misalligned. It has nothing to do with deadzones.

In fact, the N64 control stick has fewer deadzones than any thumbstick ever made and it has been proven.

>>386433169
N64's d-pad is exactly the same as the one on NES and SNES. Sony's D-Pad is notorious for being worse than those, and thus, worse than the one on N64.

>The buttons and the controller themselves are low quality child plastic, kind of like the 360 controller.
The actual plastic molding used for the N64 controller is thicker than the stuff used for the majority of PS1's controller. Only thing that lacks durability is the stick itself.
>>
>>386433941
>I was proven wrong so I'll just attack you as a person because I hate it
Ok.
>>
>>386433880
i'm glad you brought up the blisters because they hurt so bad they make me feel like a total pussy that is too much of a pussy to talk about my pussy hands

but it's the stick, seriously
there's something about that which causes severe thumb pain if you take a year off from playing on the controller
>>
File: saturn vs n64.png (471KB, 516x785px) Image search: [Google]
saturn vs n64.png
471KB, 516x785px
Reminder that the N64 controller is just a normal controller with an analog stick thrown in because Nintendo wasn't sure that developers would use the analog stick or if the Dpad was still needed
>>
>>386433790
The only time I have seen a genesis was with my first crush, she had one and shared it with his younger siblings
I only had a NES and the XEGS at the time and seeing Sonic running around was awesome
>>
>>386433603
What makes you an idiot is believing that old debunked shit.
>>
>>386433952
>Sony's D-Pad is notorious for being worse than those, and thus, worse than the one on N64

Mate, are you going on what you have heard? Or do you have an ACTUAL first hand experince like i keep asking you? Because i own both and can tell you from experince in the case of the N64 vs DS1 for d-pad control, you are completly full of shit. N64 RE2 handles worse around corners than PSX RE2 for d-pad control. Simple as. I have played both to death.
>>
File: Not an argument.png (189KB, 489x530px) Image search: [Google]
Not an argument.png
189KB, 489x530px
>>386434014
All you did was adhominem so I returned it in kind. You literally provided no argument, thus you lost. Personal responsibility junior, you attacked first and you dealt with a attack back in kind, that's how the world works.

If you wanna actually rebut what I said in my first post then I'll listen. Attacking or citing use of brain isn't a argument.
>>
Mario Party really fucked up my stick and my hand
>>
>>386434135
I own both versions of RE2 as well and I disagree
>>
>>386434286
Why? Explain how the N64 d-pad is tighter in control. Also post pic? I can.
>>
>>386434048

yeah because that little known first party launch title would have been really fun to play with just the d-pad.

retard
>>
>>386434370
>Explain how the N64 d-pad is tighter in control
Cornering is easier because the four points of the D-Pad aren't separated by plastic between them.

>Also post pic? I can.
That's nice but I don't have to prove anything to some anon.
>>
>tfw you're just good at games and can adjust to different controllers and schemes in a flash because you've been practicing for most of your life, ebabling you to judge a game on its own merits and base it on me just being shit at stuff.

I can't find a pic that expresses how good this feeling is.
>>
>>386431708
The analog stick felt "grainy" to move and it was really hard to move at a precise angle.
>>
File: Super_Mario_64_DS_Coverart[1].png (131KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_64_DS_Coverart[1].png
131KB, 300x267px
>>386434392
>11M sales

Not every game needs analog movement. Did Final Fantasy VII suffer from a lack of analog? Obviously Mario 64 needed it but as failures like the Wii U have shown, not all of Nintendo's "important" changes to their controllers become standard.
>>
>>386434660
>The analog stick felt "grainy" to move
Ironically the N64's control stick is less grainy than any other. It uses optical encoding disks which are fully digital (and therefore lack noise in the sensor) as opposed to potentiometers used in other control sticks which are analog and noisy.

I'm guessing your stick was in shit condition.
>>
>>386431708
its only flaw is the analog durability
>>
File: gTZr0v8.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gTZr0v8.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>>386431708
Why didn't they just use this for the default design?
>>
>>386434862
That thing doesn't look as comfortable as the official controller.
>>
>>386434437
>That's nice but I don't have to prove anything to some anon.

Actually you have everything to proove, you just discarded your false opinion from the thread. Good one. You don't have both if you aren't willing to proove it.
>>
>>386434862
Was that controller designed with only people that can fluently bend their thumbs backwards in mind?
>>
File: cc.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>/v/ thinks having the d-pad and stick both in awkward reach is better than having the d-pad and stick separated but placed in the optimal position
>>
>>386435031
Depends, do you need to use both?
>>
File: 10459-sixaxis-controller[1].jpg (94KB, 1767x1208px) Image search: [Google]
10459-sixaxis-controller[1].jpg
94KB, 1767x1208px
>>386435031
/v/ thinks this is a good controller
>>
File: PSX-DualShock.png (2MB, 2000x1569px) Image search: [Google]
PSX-DualShock.png
2MB, 2000x1569px
Without resorting to console waring, how can you defend the N64 controller's design over the DS1?
>>
Forget how you hold it or how like 5 games utilized the d-pad.
The sticks were weak as fuck and easily susceptible to wear.
>>
>>386435145
It's weird how the DS2 is superior to the DS3 when they should feel the same in your hands and they just don't.
>>
>>386434762
I don't know, I've had those 2 controllers as long as I can remember.
For example, in OoT and MM, if you hold z and move 180 degrees back, you go really fast. For me, I had to play with it and move it just a bit left to get it right.

Also, When I rotated it, it would kind of stick at every point of the hexagon shape instead of flowing like say a gamecube controller.
>>
>>386435145
>>386435149
There's a reason why it became the standard for controller design with small variations.
>>
>>386435149
Personally, i wouldn't
PSX>N64>Saturn
>>
File: PSX-Original-Controller.jpg (1MB, 2620x2280px) Image search: [Google]
PSX-Original-Controller.jpg
1MB, 2620x2280px
>>386435149
Daily reminder that the Dualshock 1 is actually Playstation Controller Version 3.

Because Sony made you buy their PS1 controller an extra two times before they got it right. How can you defend THAT?
>>
>>386433383
>Nintendo always had the best dpads
GameCube, Wii, and Switch say otherwise.
>>
>>386435341
>two times
What?
>made you
Did they?
>>
>>386435341
I only needed to buy one. The controller that came with the system, then the DS1 later in its life. It was one of those things that was released later in the console's lifecycle and not every game required it. The first game I remember specifically requiring it was Ape Escape.

Daily reminder that Sega did THE EXACT SAME THING with the Saturn's controller. Remember the 3D controller?
>>
>>386432795
What does nationality have to do with this?
>USA livin in your head RENT FREE
>>
File: PSX-DualShock.png (713KB, 1280x1004px) Image search: [Google]
PSX-DualShock.png
713KB, 1280x1004px
>>386434745

>Did Final Fantasy VII suffer from a lack of analog?

FFVII never suffered a lack of analog because you could use the Analog Stick to play the game. On the Dualshock 1 Controller, there's a button allowed you to MANUALLY turn on or off the Analog Function.
>>
>>386434745
Wasn't one of the major complaints about SM64DS was that the D-pad was shit for the game?
>>
>>386431708

very poor build quality
>>
because you cant fucking press every button on the controller normally with out changing grips and shit
>>
>>386435149
>>386435483
>It was one of those things that was released later in the console's lifecycle and not every game required it.

The biggest advantage the N64 controller had was the fact that it was standard. Developers knew exactly what the audience had and when you get down to it, that's what console gaming is about.

>>386435209
Part of the SIXAXIS/DS3's issue is the shitty analog triggers that are curved the wrong way. They fixed that on the DS4 (and made it wider finally) but then they added the stupid touchpad and fucking light. The problem with the DS2 is less noticeable but when developers use the pressure sensitive face buttons to do things it's fucking annoying.

>>386435638
>FFVII never suffered a lack of analog because you could use the Analog Stick to play the game. On the Dualshock 1 Controller, there's a button allowed you to MANUALLY turn on or off the Analog Function.

Irrelevant. The game played just fine despite not having analog control. In the Wild West days of early 3d, not every game was an analog stick showpiece like Super Mario 64

>>386435736
And yet it still sold 11 million copies.
>>
File: 1489877443905.png (2MB, 3060x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1489877443905.png
2MB, 3060x2400px
>>386435149
>>386435341
>>386435638
>>
>>386431838
Well, the controler is allmost symetrical so you can plan left-handed or right-handed
>>
>>386435854
You never need to
>>
>>386433952
>N64's d-pad is exactly the same as the one on NES and SNES
have you ever seen any of these d-pads in your life?
>>
>>386435874
Don't get it
>>
>>386435479
Playstation Controller
Dual Analogue Controller
Dualshock

That's three official controllers numskull.

>>386435483
>The controller that came with the system, then the DS1 later in its life.
Oh I see, because you were a toddler who got their PS1 in 2001.

>It was one of those things that was released later in the console's lifecycle and not every game required it
Yeah, and which is why barely any games used true analogue controls on PS1. The stick on the Dualshock is for the most part, a farce. Remapped d-pad controls onto the stick for most games.

On the other hand, virtually every single N64 game has true analog controls.

>Daily reminder that Sega did THE EXACT SAME THING with the Saturn's controller. Remember the 3D controller?
It was only ever supposed to be designed for Nights, and never became the official control. Some games other than Nights supported it, but it wasn't a big deal. Saturn was a console focused on 2D, not 3D.
>>
>>386435867
>The biggest advantage the N64 controller had was the fact that it was standard. Developers knew exactly what the audience had and when you get down to it, that's what console gaming is about.
It also came out 2 years after the PS1 came out. Markets are ever changing. 3D games became much more common.

>And yet it still sold 11 million copies.
To be fair. It's Mario. It's a port of one of the best Mario games. And it released at a time when the DS was a nogames machine.
>>
File: 5vlqo7n2u6py.jpg (38KB, 512x576px) Image search: [Google]
5vlqo7n2u6py.jpg
38KB, 512x576px
>>386435930
>have you ever seen any of these d-pads in your life?
Have you?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 450x300px
>>386436221
Huh. I literally never saw this version growing up. Still, if you had this, surley you didn't NEED to get a dualshock?
>>
>>386435867

>Irrelevant. The game played just fine despite not having analog control.
>it's irrelevant because I say so

You do realize that I made your comment at >>386434745
'irrelevant' because I had to correct you on the Analog Function that existed back in 1997 for FFVII? It existed. It was a mechanic that anybody can and still use today doesn't make it 'irrelevant', it's just a preference of control over a character's movement.
>>
When I was 8 I had to claw the stick because I just couldn't properly reach around with my hand even holding it right.
I used the controller recently and after 10 minutes my hands were hurting because the controller is incredibly stiff and it was hard to control anything.

I just didn't know better back in the day
>>
>>386436404
>Still, if you had this, surley you didn't NEED to get a dualshock?
You didn't NEED it, but you were severely disadvantaged if you only owned the original PS1 controller. You missed out on those few games that used the analog stick properly, and you also missed out on rumble.

Meanwhile, an N64 controller bought on launch day supported everything. Granted you had to buy a Rumble Pak, but it cost like a quarter of the Dual Shock.
>>
File: image.png (159KB, 550x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159KB, 550x250px
>>386436317
Thats super cool anon, but the SNES never had to contend with moving diagonally in 3D space with it's D-pad like the N64 did. For using diagonally to turn corners it was stiff and less responsive than competitors d-pad. Not a bad d-pad mind, just no the best of it's gen.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 382x204px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 382x204px
>>386436541
>Granted you had to buy a Rumble Pak
>>
>>386436317
>shows a picture
the NES d-pad is nothing like either the snes or n64. The snes d-pad is similar but again isnt. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>386436441
FFVII does not support analog movement and that's fine because the game doesn't need it. That's why your point is irrelevant.
>>
>>386436317
Those d-pads are completely different, you mong.
>>
>>386432745
>grey OOT cart
Lmao
>>
>>386431708
why, my d-paddy waddy of course :)

ITT: legitimate reason - my answer is, of course, my d-paddy waddy :D
>>
>>386436848
>>386436930
>tiny differences in the mechanism make it different
Fuck off. The differences in the d-pad are similar to those between DS1 to DS3. It's still essentially the same d-pad.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.