[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a game like Grimrock, but turn-based instead? It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: grimrock.jpg (25KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
grimrock.jpg
25KB, 460x215px
Is there a game like Grimrock, but turn-based instead? It would be really good
>>
>>386427509
Might and Magic 4+5
>>
>>386427509
Grimoire.
Or you know. Might and Magic, Land of Lore, Eye of the Beholder, Wizardry, and whatever else.
>>
>>386427509
Etrian Odyssey IV is the best modern take on these games
>>
>>386427653
I played all EO games except EOU2, it's cool and all, but very simple(which is expected since it's a handheld game).

>>386427563
>>386427593
Anything not super old and that aged very poorly?
>>
>>386427732
Might and Magic X is underrated

Wizardry 8 if you dont mind something a bit older

Grimoire seems cool but let the golden baby iron out the kinks for a bit
>>
>>386427732
>I want to play this classic video game genre
>Ewwwww, but no old games!
>>
>>386427732
Stranger of Sword City is fairly recent.
But yeah, its not a very active genre so most of those games are old.
>>
starcrawlers
>>
File: team fighters.jpg (272KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
team fighters.jpg
272KB, 600x450px
>>386427509
Team Fortress 2.
>>
Legend of Grimrock 2 with turn based combat would be the greatest video game ever made.
>>
>>386427593
Lands of Lore and EotB are not turn-based.
>>
Might and magic X is your best bet if you want new and turn based.
>>
>>386428548
>>386427823
Is MMX: Legacy any good?
>>
File: TheDarkSpireDSCover.png (47KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkSpireDSCover.png
47KB, 250x224px
>>
>>386428117
This.
>>
Grimwah
>>
>>386427653
It's a grindy garbage with non-existent level design just like the rest of etrian odyssey games. Trying to compare them to Grimrock games is a straight mockery because they don't offer nor their level design, nor puzzles, nor secrets, nor atmosphere.
>>
Lords of Xulima is one of the best dungeon crawlers of last years and it's turn-based.
>>
>>386427732
Grimoire literally came out 3 days ago......
>>
>>386427509
whats wrong with realtime?
>>
>>386430437
The game is literally circlestrafing to win.
>>
>>386427993

Maybe you should play nothing but doom and wolfenstein when you want an FPS
>>
Anti-realtime faggots are the worst
>>
>>386430469
This, I dont know how people can like the combat in this game.
>>
>>386430559

>use DnD style combat and movement systems
>make it real time

Baldur's Gate really fucked CRPGs up
>>
Turn-based combat in these type of games basically boils down to doing the same thing over and over.

How is this any fun? Also random enemy encounters fucking suck.

At least Grimrock can get you by surprise, and requires quick reflexes and good multi-tasking skills to be good at.
>>
>>386431212
>basically boils down to doing the same thing over and over

Only if the game mechanics suck, also, it's literally how Grimrock works(use all your attacks, step back, repeat ad nauseam until the end of the game)

>Also random enemy encounters fucking suck

Not every turn-based game needs random encounters
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.