[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into Armored Core but i don't know where to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2525146-box_acvd.png (592KB, 521x640px) Image search: [Google]
2525146-box_acvd.png
592KB, 521x640px
I want to get into Armored Core but i don't know where to start? the only one i actually own is verdict day but never really got into it.
>>
>>386426883
Nah, the latter-day ones are shit. The PS1 and PS2-era games are the ones you wanna play.
>>
If you couldn't get into Verdict Day I see no point in trying the base AC V, bacause verdict day is generally the same game with less flaws. You could give AC For Answer a shot. IMO it hasn't aged a bit and I still consider it superior to AC V
>>
>>386426883
Emulate the 3 series or play For Answer.
>>
AC 1-3 have about the same pace, you walk around like mecha and use energy to boost around

AC 4 give you infinite boost to slide around and use energy to either fly up or as quick boost you could actually fly depend on your build and power consumption

AC 5 is kinda between between early AC and AC4 mostly that you now have infinite boost and quick boost but no flying

If you already play ACV I imagine its kinda hard getting back to older one if you look at it from action game perspective
but Armored Core is about building your own shitbot and emblem
>>
>>386427379
i played a bit of ACV verdict day and got stuck on one of the missions then just gave up after that.

I started looking at videos again and enjoyed watching it so thats why. since its been so long i dont think the controls stuck too much in my head.
>>
What about regular AC4?
>>
>>386426883
>ps1 gen
>slow and awkward controls
>more about resource management of HP/ammo/and energy
>decent but clunky
>barebones story

>ps2 gen
>more story
>still same base concept
>more fluid controls
>actual characters

>armored core 4 and "for answer"
>super fast zooping around gameplay based around dodging and energy management
>customization is more vital
>good fleshed out characters and story

english localization fucked up the last point so unless you speak japanese this is the best game gameplaywise and weaker story than ps2 generation

>ac5 and "verdict day"
>online based and focused heavily on teams and interactions
>the worst control scheme
>return back to clunkier and more tactical approach
>by far the hardest to get into both in general and now that the online days are over

Pick your poison
You can start with 4 and for answer if you ps3/360

or emulate older ones for retro experience
>>
>>386426883
for answer is the best one
ignore the rest, they're slow and control like ass
>>
You could always play Chromehoun-

oh wait, nevermind.
>>
File: 1495970820013.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495970820013.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
AC is told in universe-rebooting arcs. The best one is arguably the one that starts with AC3

So in this order:

>AC3
>AC: Silent Line
>AC: Nexus
>AC: Ninebreaker (optional)
>AC: Last Raven

These are all one cannon of story. Nothing before nor after is relevant to the story of these games. Though AC nexus does have a bonus CD with missions from the old games remade.

IF you like this arc of games and want more like it you can go back to the first arc of games in this order:
>AC
>AC: Masters of Arena
>AC: Project Phamtasma
>AC2
>AC2: Another Age

If you liked AC3 arc but the old ones are too aged/clunky for you then move up to AC4 and AC4A
>>
>>386428021
>>the worst control scheme
Why would you go on the internet and tell lies
>clunkier
Naaaaaaah
>>
>>386429070
It is though
it's the most "what the fuck were they thinking" controlling game I've ever played.
after 4/4a it feels like you've been thrown into a swamp of sluggishness and floaty movement
>>
>>386429339
>after the games where you literally have to hold down the boost button 99% of the time for basic movement and hold down two other buttons 75% of the time while controlling the camera and chain quick boosting
Anon pls. Never mind that the 4 games' default control configuration has the fire buttons on the fucking face buttons. I bet you don't even know how to drift or fly. Making boost a toggle and reducing changing weapons to using only one button are godsends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVet_NiC9M
>>
>>386428021
>the worst control scheme

It is the most beautiful control scheme, except for recons, those are tedious shit.

It is the only game where wallkick gives your legs a purpose and actually you can fucking drift in this game. Or you can be a tankbabby and spam Autocannons/Vertical missiles all day.
>>
>>386426883
Play Verdict Day it's good
Also consider buying 4 and FA. They're a more zippy mecha game focused on fast reactions

There's also the PS2 games.
>>
>>386430313
Holy shit I didn't know good VD players were so insane to watch that accuracy is crazy
>>
>>386433007
after you scan an enemy, you can press "shoot" in scan mode to move your reticle on the target
>>
>>386426883

I played AC2 and while it was fun it start, it became too hard just a few missions later.

AC3's difficulty is much smoother and controls are slightly better.
>>
>>386430313
what the fuck is this concentrated autism i hear
jesus fucking h christ
kill it with fire
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.