[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can all agree that Goin' Commando was the best from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: ratchet2_box_org.jpg (62KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
ratchet2_box_org.jpg
62KB, 348x500px
We can all agree that Goin' Commando was the best from the series right?
>>
>>386424506
It's definitely the one I have the most nostalgia for.
>>
My first one, but Up Your Arsenal was my favorite.
This is a close 2nd.
>>
Only blackmark was how lame the final boss fight was.
>>
what makes it better compared to 3?
>>
File: YETI.jpg (116KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
YETI.jpg
116KB, 512x512px
fucking yetis man
>>
>>386424506
Yeah Gladiator was pretty dope.
>>
>>386424506
If only it was more polished....... just a few more months of development.................. yes.

Otherwise, a perfect Ratchet game does not exist. And before someone shouts "CRACK IN TIME!", remember that David Bergeaud did not write the soundtrack.
>>
>>386424506
3 is pretty much better in every way, except for ui colours
>>
I like the original the best.
>best banter
>most consistent with its theming throughout its story, world building and NPC interactions (extreme corporatism)
>gunplay in later games is admittedly way smoother and more effective; but as a result later games have a billion enemies on screen and less platforming while 1's combat encounters are more strategic
>best music

I got into series because of that one "original vs remake" video that's like 1.5 hours long so I might be biased. Really happy I played the O.G. over the remake
>>
>>386428108
As long as you enjoy the games, all fine by me anon, you could even be a dirty sly 3 loving nigger and id still day good on you for liking the series.
>>
>>386428108
My only gripe with the original is how weird Ratchet looks.
>>
>>386424506
If they remade 2 with 3's weapon upgrade system it would be the best

As it stands, 2=3>1 (like spyro, incidentally)
>>
Also, 1 is the only game where Ratchet actually has a personality. In 2 onwards he's a generic cool guy hero, and in the remake he's an even more generic dawww I wish I was a hero naive nerd kid stereotype
>>
>>386428476
2 and beyond makes sense since he was built up to that point in the first game in between the titles, but the reboot felt painfully generic in that regard as the character hadnt earnt it at all
>>
>>386428108
Also the most balanced, since you have only a few health upgrades and no weapon upgrades (until challenge mode ofc) and no armour.
>>
bunp
>>
that was the first game i got for my ps2 back then. brings back alot of memories
>>
I like deadlocked but all the ps2 titles are great
>>
>>386425540
Do you think they still pass that award around?
>>
>>386425863
I remember the first time I beat the impossible challenge, learning the best ways to use up all my ammo
>>
>>386424506
No
Up your arsenal was
>>
>>386424506
Up Your Arsenal was better
But I personally preferred Gladiator over the rest, the announcers were the fucking best
"IF RATCHET WAS A COOKIE, WHAT KIND OF COOKIE WOULD HE BE"
>>
>>386424506
The only thing about it that makes it stand out among the other games is that it has some above-average gadgets.
>>
>>386436183
That game had the best gameplay
>>
>>386428476
nah he's still kind of an asshole in 3
>>
>>386424506
absolutely not, worse then both 1 and 3
>>
>>386424506
Hell no
>every weapon besides the bounce canon was useless

Good thing I grinded every weapon besides that on the fucking yeti planet. Guess what ended up killing the final boss at level one?
>>
>>386434263
i feel like the writers should get it for the shit they butchered in the remake
>>
I fucking LOVED the hoverbike races in GC, why didn't they bring them back? I just want to go fast man
>>
What blows my mind is how fast studios used to put out series like this. The first came out in 2002 and Deadlocked came out in 2005. Same thing with Jak and Spyro and Crash before them. Of course as far as developers working with PlayStation Insomniac and Naughty dog were in a league of their own but I still find it crazy
>>
>>386437197
Same engine, same console.
Scrapped levels can be used for sequels.
>>
>>386437197
because now all the dev time has go into the graphix and the massive open worlds
>>
Scorpian Flail will always be the most satisfying weapon.
>>
>>386437375
that's not the blitz cannon
>>
>>386437375
>>386437480
Plasma whip
>>
>>386424506
I prefer Tools of Destruction
>>
>>386428108
While I like the original's banter and Ratchet's character arc, no strafe and no lock-on (that fucking hover garbage does not count, fuck you) is completely unacceptable and adds so much fake difficulty to the game. I racked up so many goddamn deaths in R&C1 due to no strafe and no lock-on making aiming at enemies a constant bullshit challenge and probably ended up doing more 360's than fucking Tony Hawk as I tried to line sights up without running straight into said enemies.
>>
>>386424506
I remember how I R&C 1 and 2 felt fucking impossible as a kid but playing them again now i just breeze through them without any difficulty. Like Chairman Drek boss fight for example, me and my friends were stuck there for weeks as brats but now i got it on second try (the failure on the first try being due to screwing up the slingshot jumps)
>>
>>386438785
It's an interesting feel realizing you spent most of your childhood free time being bad at video games
>>
>>386436383
examples?
>>
2 > 3 > 1 > 4
>>
>>386438943
yeah. some people say they were much better at games when they were kids but thats certainly not true for me. i could have never finished rayman 1 back then.
>>
>>386424506
I still prefer 1 overall. The music and enviroments were the best in the series.
>>
>>386438945
I couldn't give you a direct example off the top of my head but he's a bit of an asshat about how jealous he is that Clank is more popular than him. This wanes over time, but it's still an element in the story. The other instance I could point to isn't so much him being a dick, but I don't think squeaky clean Ratchet would do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYxaX_uUL44&t=36m41s
>>
File: Snowbeast Award.png (191KB, 877x657px) Image search: [Google]
Snowbeast Award.png
191KB, 877x657px
>>386425540
>>386434263
>>
>>386424506
I loved the fuck out of Going Commando. But Up Your Arse was basically the best game ever when played 2v2.
>>
2 and 3 were good, deadlocked/gladiator was shit
>>
>>386443183
Deadlocked/Gladiator is a decent game. The problem is, it's not really a Ratchet & Clank game by gameplay.

I had the same gripe with a Crack in Time.
>>
Gladiator was the best one
>>
>>386437375
>>386437745
>>386437480
I think you mean the pre-max level RYNO from up your arsenal. Dont make this mistake again.
>>
File: RYNO12.jpg (137KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
RYNO12.jpg
137KB, 1200x630px
>>386444703
>Google RYNO to jog my memory
>see this thing
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.