[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadow Tactics bread. Anyone picked this up, fantastic Commandos-like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Shadow_Tactics_Logo.png (32KB, 449x183px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Tactics_Logo.png
32KB, 449x183px
Shadow Tactics bread.
Anyone picked this up, fantastic Commandos-like gameplay, difficult as hell and lots of ways to complete the maps.
>>
I played desperados alot so i picked it up, it was really good desu
>>
>>386421793
agreed.
took me 3 hours to beat the 1st snow mission, i think i may be a scrub
>>
File: st (1).jpg (289KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
st (1).jpg
289KB, 1920x1080px
>>386421793
It's funny that just like commandos it doesn't generate much discussion besides most people agreeing that it's good.
>>
i love the mixture of stealth, then breaking into action when i fuck up and get seen. I imagine its much easier to control people on the pc, it can get hectic trying to run your people away with an analogue stick
>>
File: Shadow-Tactics-02-City-Lights.jpg (592KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow-Tactics-02-City-Lights.jpg
592KB, 2560x1080px
>>
>>386422237
For me the best is setting up elaborated multiple takedowns.
>>
>>386421793
How's Desperados?
>>
>>386422445
it was excellent when i played it back in the early 2000s, havent played it since then so who knows how it aged.
>>
>>386422058
I think that it's one of those kind of games where if you think it would be a good game just from the description, you are already the kind of person that would enjoy it
>>
I loved Shadow Tactics, got me to go back to Commandos but holy christ is it a pain in the ass to play them on modern PCs. Great games though.
>>
>>386422584
yeah i bought it after just seeing a few screenshots, favorite thing is the environmental detail and art, second is the autosave mechanic and gameplay.
>>
>>386421587
It's really fun. I'm a fucking retard, though, so I seem to have a habit of going through the path of most resistance.
>>
It got robbed in the game of the year discussions.
>>
Been waiting until it goes into a big sale to grab it. Really interested though, it looks great
>>
Tried the demo. thought it might be ok. Not enough to know yet. Even on sale, seems a little high.
>>
>tfw took 3 hours slowly completing the second to last mission completely non-lethally the first time through
It was so much god damn fun once I got out of the opening area of that mission where you have to have perfect timing to get past the samurai. I'm really hoping they make an expansion or something I'd love some more maps.
>>
>>386422874
I thought so too, but theres 12 missions, and the 3rd took me 2 h 45 mins to complete, so Im hoping theres a lot of meat to the rest of the levels as well. playing mission 4 right now.
>>
>>386422993
i cant even imagine a non lethal run on any of these maps so far. im fightin just to survive.
also does anyone know if killing civilians will effect you negatively or are they free game
>>
Is this like the new xcom games? Never played Commandos.
>>
>>386423160
They pretty much only exist to make you feel bad, like the shrine maiden I decided to stab in the throat with a hair pin instead of just picking up discarded washing. But fuck that, I was there and the washing was elsewhere.
>>
In one of the best years for Stealth games in ages (Dishonored 2, Deus Ex, MD, Aragami) somehow this game came out of nowhere and managed to be the best one.

>>386423160
Most maps have those achievement type things for not killing civilians, also most civilians will permanently flee into a nearby house after they wake up if you knock them out without them spotting you. Non-lethal isn't actually as difficult as you might think, every character can attack nonlethally and you can keep an enemy knocked out indefinitely as long as one of your units is carrying them.
>>
>>386423206
it is tactical and difficult lile xcomx, but thats really all they have in common.
its a real time stealth/lite action game with an emphasis on playing through the maps in your own playstyle, high difficulty, and from what i have seen very smart/thorough enemy ai.
>>
>>386423206
No, Commandos/Desperados/Shadow Tactics are all real-time. They're like weird hybrid stealth/RPGs - you sneak past enemies, have to watch out for patrol routes, and so on, and you have a party of characters with specific skills/roles that you have to use to finish the missions. Desperados for instance, your female character could distract guards through seduction, the Doc character could use sleeping gas, and so on
>>
>>386423206
No, it's basically an RTS where you only control 5 or so units max and you need to be stealthy. Try the demo, it's hard to explain.
>>
Showing Mugen as a playable character on Mount Tsuru 2 was a cruel god damn trick.
>>
>>386423716
>see spoiler
>read the spoiler
>get spoiled

fuck, im a retard, what was i expecting?
>>
>>386423973
same lol
>>
>>386424128
>>386423973
Sorry. It's not really hard to see coming anyway, most of the game is pretty predictable.
>>
>>386424992
I mean I did see it coming I just didn't realise Mugen was going to be the one to Mugen himself
>>
>>386421587

PLAY THE DEMO!

First mission plays normally, but then they give you the second mission, and just when you get the Trapper, a countdown timer starts and you have to complete the mission before timer runs out. It was a small thing, but incentivized "getting gud" and using all the tactics available to complete the level.

It reminded me of when I used to play a lot of demos from magazines in which I tried to get as much content as possible.

Also, great controller support.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.