[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started this today. I'm stuck on Glascoine, granted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
Just started this today.
I'm stuck on Glascoine, granted I only played through Dark souls 1/2 once but it's the first boss I still haven't beaten after around 10 tries.
His human form is easy enough with parries and shit but I get annihilated by his beast form, it's just too fast and I can't take half a second to breath. I get parries but I'm always struck at the same time so I can't get the damage in.
Tried using the music box on his beast form but it only works once and I barely get any damage in, tried molotovs too but he's either jumping or on me faster than I can throw them.

Am I supposed to go there later or some shit ? Only beat the first boss and I'm 14 with the starting weapons and hunter armor.
Or maybe I'm just shit.
>>
are your weapons upgraded? did you know you can parry attacks in his second phase?
>>
File: 1502051169090.gif (2MB, 360x243px) Image search: [Google]
1502051169090.gif
2MB, 360x243px
That's about when you should be fighting him. He is the first mandatory boss, after all.
Go all-out on him. If you get hit, rally as fast as possible.
Also, you can play the music box to stun him.
You really do have to play Bloodborne a lot faster and more aggressive than the Souls games.
>>
Gascoigne punishes panic. Basically, don't dash backwards, ever, 'specially not in beast form.
>>
Gascoigne is the first mandatory boss, and probably one of the 3 hardest in the entire base game. There's nothing to make it easier. If you have the cane you can cheese him with transformed r2s from outside his range.
>>
>>386404157
Do you know how backstabs work? If you use the music box it's basically a free backstab.
>>
Stop being shit at parrying and don't be afraid to throw fire bombs.

get gud

but for real, gascoigne is pretty hard for how early you fight him. he's a real test of your understanding of the dodge mechanics, parrying, and the rally system. Don't give up.
>>
>>386404227
I can already ? Is it in the hunter's dream ? Do I lose my bloodstain if I go back there ?

>>386404283
>>386404319
>>386404486
What's the exact parry timing ?
Usually if I shoot them when they're "charging" their attacks they shrug it off, but if I wait too long I get hit too. Is it the exact moment the blow starts ?
>>
>>386404157
Blunderbuss visceral attack both forms easy as pie
>>
>>386404797

Pretty much hit the button right when they're at the peak of charging. The bullet will hit as they start their swing which means you can dash in and get the crit. You also recover faster than most enemies you get the crit on do, so you can go for it even if you get hit as well. You'll get all your life back from the rally.
>>
>>386404797
-You wont lose your blood stain by going into the dream, it's a hub
-upgrades cost blood stone shards and some blood echoes. You cna get a +2 weapon before fighting cleric beast or gascoigne
-IIRC i remember parrying his leap attack right before he landed, his swipes can be parried as well. if he leaps off camera you wont be able to parry i believe. just like dark souls, try to parry at the midpoint of the attack
>>
>>386404797
>is it the exact moment the blow starts
Essentially, you have a 1-2 second window when they're charging up attacks where you can parry them right before it starts, if it's normal attacks you parry a couple of frames into the attack but it's better to get the timing down. Againist beast form you should try dodging more, if you get behind him you can easily steal some hits
>>
If you find his first two phases easy, save the music box for his beast form. If I'm not mistaken, it'll stun him two times before not working the rest of the fight. You can get two good hits in on him those times.
>>
File: 1501167691576.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1501167691576.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>386404157
Started the game 2 weeks ago and im almost done with it. My advice would be to level up your main weapon as often as possible. Also use one that scales with your skill a lot. Parrying is difficult and requires a lot of practice to do it efficiently. If you trust yourself to do it remember to shoot as soon as you see the enemy's arm raise up to start an attack. If you were like me at that point in the game and couldn't parry worth a shit, focus on counterattacking. Wait for him to attack and dodge and do your attacks until he attacks then fuckin dodge again and continue. The fights kind of hard at first but the game gets easier when you defeat him. (Enchanting your weapon and tossing molotovs at him in beast form helps as well)
>>
>>386405113
>>386405116
>>386405132
>>386405816
Thanks for the help, I'll try again tomorrow. Getting tired and frustrated and just lost all my souls by dying stupidly.
Also is it just me or are the monster's attack "homing" far more than in the souls game ? It's frustrating when they follow me straight through my roll or instantly turn around to gib me less than half a second later.

>>386405173
Yeah I already save the music box for the beast form, although it only works once for me.
>>
When he leaps toward you, you can get a parry in.

He always does it after transforming and you can play the box after the riposte and you should be able to R1 the nigger to death.
>>
Just go grind enemies for a bit and come back slightly leveled up.
>>
>>386404157

>>386404157

Try hitting him with fire bombs in his beast form immediately after you use your 1 music box stun.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.