[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This fad died extremely quickly. It wasn't FOTM, and even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (165KB, 1485x835px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
165KB, 1485x835px
This fad died extremely quickly. It wasn't FOTM, and even saying it was FOTW is a bit of a stretch.
Is this a new lap record?
>>
>>386398531
That's what usually happens when you put EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE FREE2PLAY ELEMENT INTO YOUR GODDAMN GAME

Like, okay, we get it, it's free to play, but holy FUCK, you don't need to put every aspect of every f2p game in existence into it
>>
>>386398707
>every f2p game in existence
I never paid much attention to the game, because zombies and tower defense mechanics are a turn-off for me, but what exact Jewery are we talking here?
>>
>>386398707
Wait, is this game F2P? I don't think it is. I mean, it fucking looks like it is, but it isn't. I just checked. Holy shit those poor souls who bought the most expensive edition
>>
>>386399351
It's going to be. It's in early access right now but you can pay to play right now. Full release is for sometime next year and it'll be f2p then.
>>
>>386399351
It's gonna be f2p next year.
>>
>>386398901
It's not exactly jewery, to be fair

>loot boxes
>loot box rarity
>card packs (character, weapons etc.)
>card rarity
>daily rewards
>hourly rewards (research points)
>boosts
>group boosts
>lobbies
>grinding (starts after like the first 3 hours of play)

Just off the top of my head

Now, these honestly aren't that terrible and not like a serious criminal act, but just, not all of them at once
>>
>>386399351
Nothing can kill a game's momentum at launch more than announcing the game will become free to play while you're still essentially charging full price for the game. It's telling people "hey, pay us a bunch of money to play the least balanced, buggiest version of this game that will ever exist, and you'll be rewarded with an influx of non-English speaking fucktards who don't give a fuck about you or the game itself in a few months".
>>
>>386399489
>>386399558
Holy fucking cow, you're telling me that people BOUGHT an EARLY ACCESS game that's going to be F2P on release? That's another record set, how fucking retarded can you be?
>>
>>386399641
https://twitter.com/DarrenSugg/status/890212837779361792
The actual record is that they managed to sell 500 000 copies at 40 bucks each of a free to play game
>>
>>386399828
End my fucking life so I have a chance of being reincarnated in literally any other timeline
>>
>>386399828
Imagine if the game was on Steam and not their shitty launcher
How did they get away with this, insane
>>
File: young midoriya.gif (2MB, 449x266px) Image search: [Google]
young midoriya.gif
2MB, 449x266px
>>386398531
Ill play it when it goes free. It actually looks pretty fun if you remove %80 of the prep phase
>>
>>386399601
I actually paid for this game. They throw so much shit at you right out of the gate it's not even possible to be excited for all the random shit you collected. Then once you get to higher levels those rewards slow to a crawl unless you pay up.
>>
Game is way to grindy to be any fun after a certain point, its clearl they want you to buy loot boxes and shit.

The worst is the collection book cause to finish and level it up you have to slot stuff in it, but every time you do you lose it forever, so you have to get every single thing in the game twice to finish the book.
>>
>>386400414
You'll be brutally hamstringed if you don't play on spending a dime on the time- and loot-gated bullshit
But who knows, maybe they'll change the game until release (fat chance)
>>
>Takes ages for the game to become even halfway challenging
>Weapon degradation which you cannot simply repair but are forced to keep crafting new weapons as old ones break
>Nearly all missions are the exact same (find something, build around it, defend it) with only aesthetic variations
>Systems on top of systems meant to artificially inflate the longevity of the game by giving the player the illusion that there are all kinds of things to strive for, when all of it could be simplified under one upgrade menu

It's a horrible, horrible game.
>>
It needed a character creator.
>>
>>386401146
I was mildly excited for the game, then I watched a stream and I saw that characters were uncustomizable fucking cards that dropped from lootboxes and I noped almost as hard as I did when I played Spore for the first time.
Such a fucking dumb idea honestly
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.