[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your face while you did this? Especially people whose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: ebin ebic.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
ebin ebic.webm
2MB, 720x480px
What was your face while you did this? Especially people whose first dragon encounter in the game was this one.
>>
>>386397572
Disappointed really. I was hoping for some SoTC like boss battles. Then I found out you just shoot some arrows at the obvious weak spots. After that all you do is farm them by shooting an arrow and having to wait for them to respawn.
>>
>>386397572
"Oh, I guess there'll be more stuff like this!"

sadly not.
>>
I beat the game long before I found this
>>
>>386397572
I was shocked, It's moments like that that sold me on the game
>>
>>386397572
It was pretty cool. Defiantly thought the game needed to be more like that.
>>
>>386400126
this
>>
In the end it was meaningless, just like all the other "great moments" in the game. Got naught for a reward but another damn shrine.
>>
BotW's highs are really fucking high, but there's not enough of them.
>>
>>386399229
Pretty much this. I'd already put enough time into this game to know I shouldn't get my hopes up though so it wasn't too much of a letdown.
>>
>>386397572
Zelda games aren't known for it's ooooh wow moments.

Hit the weak spot 3 times, boss either does the same thing faster or goes into another stage.
>>
I thought it was great until the reveal that it was just a shrine.
>>
I experienced it solo on CEMU back in March as my first dragon encounter and it went:

>holy shit wtf is that
>oh shit this is awesome
>wonder what sweet shit I get for this?
>wow I have to go all over chasing this thing
>huh this is kinda easy
>wait that's it? a fucking scale which I lose anyway
>oh wow a free shrine
>fuck this game

The best part is a month later I went over my buddy's place for a party and they were all playing it and at this part too, their first dragon. It was the same rollercoaster of emotions ending in utter disappoint.

Honestly this one sequence perfectly sums up this game. The Great Plateau is the best part of the entire experience and is completely misleading for how dense and involved the rest of the game is. Paraglider was a mistake.
>>
>>386397572
nothing because I saw the thumbnail on the catalog here before I got to it myself.
>>
>>386401015
This

every reward for doing something is a fucking shrine
>>
>>386401363
The game would've been better with more forests (dense forests) and less koroks and more dungeons.
>Walk past a big tree that is on a small hill
>Turns out it's a cave with maybe 4 rooms and some underwater segments
Would've been so much better.
>>
>>386401686
At the very least, the game would've been better if shrines weren't presented the way they were, but rather parts of the environment like you described.
>>
File: another-empty-open-world-turd.jpg (96KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
another-empty-open-world-turd.jpg
96KB, 425x282px
>>386397572
>mfw this entire game
>>
>>386397572
was pretty cool
It was my first dragon and I went there without sufficient protection against the cold
>>
File: botw2.png (1MB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
botw2.png
1MB, 986x1378px
>>386401363
>paraglider was a mistake
I'm happy im not the only one who thinks this. I could only imagine how much better the game could have been if it was just a bunch of other plateaus with well designed areas instead of boring shit you just fly over after climbing the tallest thing near you.

another smack in the face was that one area reggie was showing off where there's what looks like a zelda 1 dungeon entrance thats a big stone dragon head. in reality its just a fucking blessing shrine. I was already jaded by the the time I got to it when I played, but I was hoping for at least some puzzle, but nope its a here's an orb now fuck off shrine.
>>
>>386401865
One of the most stupid shrines I can come up with from memory is the one in the thunder plane like area with Kass standing on one of the strange "trees".
Naked and blood moon bla bla something.

So they have a temple that reacts to something that wasn't even a thing before faggon enslaved the land, oh and Zelda somehow doesn't age, and every one that wasn't put to sleep somehow live over hundreds of years.
>>
>>386399229
what is sotc other than "climb giant stab weak spot"
>>
>>386402362
>BoTW embraces climbing
>Doesn't have a boss where you climb on it
Rock golems don't really count since it's not really a climb but a jump up, then jump from "climb" and you're up.
>>
>>386402208
>So they have a temple that reacts to something that wasn't even a thing before faggon enslaved the land
For all the attention to detail this game has there's also a lot of stupid, stupid shit like this.
>>
File: IMG_9094.jpg (30KB, 320x296px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9094.jpg
30KB, 320x296px
>instead of the cooking mechanics getting steadily more intricate as you discover new ingredients, they become trivial because all the weather-repellant recepes are substituted by appropriate clothing and the only viable recipe for health-replenishment is raddishes + meat
>>
>40 second webm
>boss monster never attacks

sooooo cinematic
>>
>>386397572
I was hoping the dragons would be bosses. I had an encounter before because I wandered straight into the Gerudo region and got shocked by one of the asshole dragons while I was exploring. A huge complaint I have with BOTW is there are too many humanoid enemies. The "oh but the game is built around weapon durability" is fucking bullshit when Lynels dealt with this problem despite not being humanoids
>>
File: rolling.jpg (41KB, 321x427px) Image search: [Google]
rolling.jpg
41KB, 321x427px
>>386402590
>BoTW embraces climbing
>Bosses that require climbing don't count
Whew lads
>>
>>386406806
Because golems aren't bosses?
>>
>>386406806
>Divine Beasts all have gimmicks with controlling the dungeon layout but it isn't used during the bossfights
>Divine Beast bosses use a sword+shield, spear, and two handed sword but you can't obtain them
>no proper boss rush mode
>the only overworld boss that isn't a bipedal monster is limited to the Gerudo Desert
>>
>>386407709
>no proper boss rush mode
??? just go to gannon without freeing the divine beast. You fight all the bosses with no break
>>
>>386406806
But really, considering climbing is kinda the point, it's funny how stuff like SotC and Dragon's Dogma did climbing enemies earlier and better
>>
>>386405219
why add meat? if you cook a single radish you get full recovery plus golden hearts.
>>
File: 1485146656509.jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1485146656509.jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>>386407642
>BoTW embraces climbing
>Bosses that require climbing aren't "real" bosses
That some sonybro-tier delusion there.
>>
>>386399229
>SotC like boss battles
Thank god no. Sticking to a huge boss by holding shoulder button and crawling to weakspot really isn't that exciting.
>>
>>386402362
Nothing.
>>
>>386411353
Climbing in general is excruciatingly boring yet BotW made an entire game around it, the least it could do is let you climb something interesting.
>>
>>386401015
>>386401285
>>386401463
As opposed to a heat piece or a golden spider? You act as though other Zelda games a re superior in this regard.
>>
>>386397572
I honestly thought I'd get a cool dungeon to get a nice piece of gear. Turned out it was another shitty fucking shrine behind it. How do people call this GOTY
>>
>>386411579
As opposed to a new tool/ability or a bigger wallet/quiver/bomb-bag or new magic or a weapon that's worth a damn
>>
Lynels are easy once you learn how to parry.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.