[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sniping's a good job mate! The birds are flying, flowers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 85

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
Sniping's a good job mate! The birds are flying, flowers are blooming, and there's plenty of tf2 thread
>>
Demoman takes skill
>>
>>386397796
Yeah, a good Demoknight or Demo-jumper tends to have some pretty tight prediction and timing, also very fun to play as.
>>
File: 61888127_p1_master1200.jpg (603KB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61888127_p1_master1200.jpg
603KB, 750x1200px
>>386396292
so, are we playing some games or what?
>>
it's time to PARTY
>>
>>386396292

never liked the crazed gunman class
>>
File: IMG_2304.jpg (40KB, 409x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2304.jpg
40KB, 409x326px
>tfw get a kunai kill on x1000
>>
PARTY VAN BOIZ
72.5.102.111:27015

PW: Vidya
>>
File: hoovy.jpg (105KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hoovy.jpg
105KB, 1024x768px
Is heavy good?
>>
Are vanilla servers any fun or are they just cancer?
>>
>>386399338
Sometimes is fun sometimes is not fun
>>
>>386399305
heavy is alright but he gets shat on easily.
>>
File: 1491260479716.jpg (48KB, 446x604px) Image search: [Google]
1491260479716.jpg
48KB, 446x604px
>tfw you're havin' an off day with your pipe bombs
>all these scoots
>all these pyros
>all these soldier mains
>even if they're 5 feet in front of me, still point at their guts so the bombs don't even reach them
It hurts. It hurts so much.
>>
>>386399305
Not really
>>
>>386397796
Scout and Sniper are the only classes that take skill, but Soldier and Demo do reward skill like Scout and Sniper.
>>
File: thiking.png (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
thiking.png
10KB, 200x200px
The real question for snipin' is: Flick aim or tracking?
>>
File: demoe.jpg (83KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
demoe.jpg
83KB, 512x512px
>>386397796
Pre-nerf that was untrue, post-nerf with smaller explosion radius it's definitely true. To function even at a low level as Demo you've gotta have some competence.
>>
>>386402032
same can be said for amby
i personally flick better when sniping, but use tracking or strafing when playing spy
>>
File: 2fort 2011.jpg (152KB, 1080x739px) Image search: [Google]
2fort 2011.jpg
152KB, 1080x739px
>>386399195
????
Is it actually populated right now bros? If so I'll get out of the car and go home.
>>
File: tf class utility.jpg (80KB, 765x500px) Image search: [Google]
tf class utility.jpg
80KB, 765x500px
>>386399305
Depends on the situation.
If you're playing on offense in any mode but Payload, no.
If you're playing on defense, yes, Heavy is way too good.
>>
>>386402032
get good get lmaobox
>>
>>386399305
Shits on unorganized teams, especially if your team has a lot of pyros and snipers
>>
File: tf kemptown.jpg (270KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tf kemptown.jpg
270KB, 1280x800px
I wish that Valve would take up the WW1/WW2 Frontline theme of TF2. The assets are so fucking good.

http://frontline.tf/pack.html
>>
>>386399305
good on defense pretty shit on offense
flat out overpowered with current GRU, they have to ban him in comp play
>>
>>386399305
He's good within the extremely limited role where he's supposed to be effective.
>>
>>386402572
it even gets a buff in next update
basically old GRU, but with more health loss p/s
>>
>>386402207
12 players right now but it seems to be slowly increasing
>>
Think of a really shitty underpowered weapon.
Got one? Okay.

How would you make it good?
>>
>>386402281
>pyro useful 1% of the time
That's untrue. Blasting back rockets is always beneficial as well as blowing people away from a push. It's not the classes fault it's picked by shitters most of the time
>>
>>386403240
Make ubersaw increase base health by 20.
>>
Is TF2 not shit anymore?
>>
>>386403357
>ubersaw
>underpowered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNqq1R-PsS4

assuming you're talking comp, that's still not true
>>
>>386403325
A Scout or Demo could just, you know, kill the Soldier. Pyro's weakness is that he doesn't do anything particularly well
>>
>>386403240
>Sharpened Volcano Fragment
25% damage resistance from ranged sources on wearer while active
>>
>>386399195
Who here /spawncampin/
>>
File: tf point.gif (2MB, 300x232px) Image search: [Google]
tf point.gif
2MB, 300x232px
>>386403325
>Blasting back rockets is always beneficial
Unless you're playing against retards no Soldier is going to feed you Rockets. They're going to pull out their Shotgun and shoot you, or shoot at someone else until you get close to them.
>as well as blowing people away from a push
"Blowing people away from a push" is a tiny amount of actual gameplay time. This is what I mean by 1% of the time.

How often are you going to be on last point defense and wanting to airblast back a push? 1/5 of the time.

How long does an Ubercharge last? 8 seconds.

How long is a game likely to last? Around 10-20 minutes.

How many Ubercharges are you likely to see per game? One 8 second long Uber every 60 seconds, roughly. (40s is the most efficient build rate, but nobody ever gets a perfect build rate due to heal targets dying and Medics dying and other inefficiencies).

So if the game is 20 minutes long and there are ~19 Ubers during that time, which last for 8 seconds each, divided by 5, then that's 30s out of 1200s in which a Pyro has an actual purpose.

So Pyro is useful literally 1.5% of the time in a serious game.
>>
>Love vaccinator
>Worried Valve is gonna do some retarded change to it come the update

Please don't, it might be a bit too strong at times, but I feel it's fine the way it is.
>>
>>386404695
I agree, but Invite-level fags who run the competitive banlist have decided it's too strong (despite never seeing use in comp), so Valve will probably rework it.
>http://www.teamfortress.tv/41213/may-global-whitelist-changes
I think Vaccinator is one of the best weapon designs in the game. It actively forces people to use teamwork and punishes people being solo retards. But Invite-level players have been playing the same game for 9 years and don't want to adapt.
>>
I am dying for some fucking decent games.

are there any servers with no fucking instant respawn?
>>
>>386404928

I mean, if I'm being honest here, it can be a bit overpowered if used properly, I use it primarily as a pocket weapon, me and my pocket both know how to use it properly, and it gives us huge leverage in games, but it does begin to falter against larger groups of players and people who have a good degree of competence.

The problem I have with them changing it is the 2nd to last time they changed it they nerfed the hell out of it by giving it a greatly reduced charge rate most of the time, they later amended in another update and now it's in it's current state which I think is really good. I just feel like it's a weapon which is tricky to balance, in part because it may not be the best understood medigun. A change in either way could affect the weapon too much.
>>
>>386405218

I mean, one change I would be fine with is if they made it to where you couldn't cap points while vacc charging, that would be a bit understandable, but I feel in terms of charge rate and overall protection it's fine as is.
>>
>>386403357
you'd have to reduce crit chance for it to be balanced
>>
File: consider liking to know more.png (299KB, 800x427px) Image search: [Google]
consider liking to know more.png
299KB, 800x427px
>>386403325
For some further recent examples:
>http://logs.tf/1800136
One person played Pyro for 23 seconds in a game that was 13 minutes long.
>http://logs.tf/1800138
Nobody played Pyro at all.
>http://logs.tf/1800149
Nobody played Pyro.
>http://logs.tf/1800145
Nobody played Pyro.
>http://logs.tf/1800118
Nobody played Pyro.
>http://logs.tf/1800143
No Pyro.
>http://logs.tf/1800142
One guy cycled through Heavy, Spy, and Pyro to taunt the enemy team they were shitting on.
>http://logs.tf/1800128
No Pyro.
>http://logs.tf/1800149
No Pyro.

All from the front page, I'm not being biased, Pyro is just a shitty class who is only useful 1% of the time. He needs a rework to not be shit.
>>
>>386404928
>>386405218
The problem about the vaccinator in comp isn't the vaccinator itself, but rather the stale composition of comp and the fact that only one class can effectively use fire damage. In 6v6, pyro is almost never used and two classes out of three attack classes normally used has only either hitscan or explosive damage. In the hands of a good medic, the vaccinator basically makes all pushes against it useless.
The design philosophy of the vaccinator works wonders in casual, where you can have multiple pyros and still have a few scouts and soldiers to deal with. This makes switching between resistances a somewhat tough job to keep up with.
>>
>>386405218
In my IMO i think it's fine. I wouldn't be TOO upset if they changed >>386405351, but if anything I think vacc being able to forward cap encourages offensive play, which is something 6v6 really needs.
>>
>>386405680

Yeah that's a really good point, I can see where it stands out in comp as being very strong, but in casual it's a bit more balanced having to deal with a lot more damage sources at once, it's a bit of a tricky one to balance when you think of it like that, but I've always loved the core design of the vaccinator, being able to selectively block out damage sources, it makes for a much more interesting way to play medic and a more active playstyle.
>>
>>386405680
Well Valve obviously needs to rework/buff Pyro so it's not shit-tier. Then there would be a constant third damage source to confound Vaccinator users.
Buffing Spy would also be good, because he counters Vaccinator's mini-ubers since they do nothing to protect against backstabs. Give him some kind of support function to sabotage the enemy so it's still worth running him when you can't get a backstab. Think like how Sombra in Overwatch can hack health packs, but something less memey.

If Pyro and Spy weren't shit classes in comp, Vaccinator Medics would have a much more difficult time resisting everything while also keeping an eye on their backs for Spies.
>>
File: tf2s.png (1022KB, 1158x1612px) Image search: [Google]
tf2s.png
1022KB, 1158x1612px
rate and hate
>>
File: tf MAP image.jpg (250KB, 460x468px) Image search: [Google]
tf MAP image.jpg
250KB, 460x468px
post MAPs and why u like them

i'sll start...

i like 2fort because it is easy 2 get kill and lets me be mad sick sniper or play demoknight!!!
>>
>>386402281
medic should be good 99% percent of the time always
>>
>>386406090

cp_steel is still one of my favorite maps, most people don't seem to like it, but I always have a blast when playing it. I really enjoy the level design of it.
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (90KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
90KB, 600x407px
>>386406052
>gaudy allclass unusual
>le boner duck xD
I hate all of them. A truly patrician loadout is in-artstyle and tailored to the class's archetype.
>>
>>386406193
>medic should be good 99% percent of the time always
Why?
You don't think it's a cancerous situation that if your team has no Medic, and you want to win, you're forced to play a class even if you don't enjoy it?
How is that acceptable? This is a video game, not a job.
>>
Anyone else find that tf2 regularly makes them laugh at the sheer absurdity of what happens in the game.

>defending the last point round three dustbowl
>get up close to the corner and fire away
>backing up and reloading, medic had enough time to run to the left house
>three demo knights from my team instantly follow him in there
The sight of them coming from nowhere and following him in and the resulting charge sounds and yells followed by the medic scream just destroyed my sides. Granted it was pretty late at night but I was incapacitated from laughter
>>
>>386406252
Steel is great because there's so many ways you can approach a situation.
>>
>>386406052
>unusuals
Instant 0/10
>>
>>386406718

TF2 always manages to make me laugh because people have the frailest egos and get incredibly butthurt even when all you're doing is just playing the game. Running around as vaccinator soldier, never saying a word, then people on the enemy start talking huge amounts of shit about how they're so much better than you and how you're garbage all while they continue to die. It's great, I never see people getting as pissed off as they do in TF2.
>>
>>386406718
Dustbowl 3 is comfy as fuck. Don't get me wrong, it's a shitty map design for seriously playing the objective, but it forces your team to work as a team or lose, and all the spaces to camp as Engineer are fun.
>>
File: forty.jpg (15KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
forty.jpg
15KB, 292x257px
>>386406718
I hope valve never fixes flying hats or items popping out of nowhere
I fucking love seeing a targe pop out in front of me and mistaking an ownerless kringle collection, which is literally just the shell of a soldier's former self before he got headshot out of the fucking sky
>>
>>386406350
Because nerfing the Medic would mean you'd either need to give every class a self heal or having the game slow to a crawl since every time you get hurt you need to go looking for health packs.
>>
>>386405680
Vaccinator makes Med picks near impossible, sticky traps are easily negated, and so is a sniper shot.
>>
>>386407134
>tfw playing a round of ctf intel room engie to wind down after work
>every few minutes a non-existent player gibs itself and a hat bounces across the room
>>
>>386396292
>Almost ten years later
>Game still has console FOV
>>
>>386407052
>Kill someone
>guy: noob faggot
>guy left the game (Disconnect by user)
Every. Single. Time.
90% of the time it's either juan_rodriguez2003 or some stickyspamming loser with an anime avatar.
>>
File: communism victims.jpg (560KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
communism victims.jpg
560KB, 2048x1536px
>>386407156
>Because nerfing the Medic would mean you'd either need to give every class a self heal or having the game slow to a crawl since every time you get hurt you need to go looking for health packs.

Two things to mention here.

One, Medic's healing doesn't speed up the game. Sure, every time you get hurt you might need to look for health packs. But there are usually health packs inbetween objectives, meaning you can kill the enemy, and get health on the way to the next objective.

You see, Medic's healing actually slows down the game. In order for a game to end, all the objectives have to be captured, right? In order to capture the objectives, you have to kill the enemies defending them. In order to kill the enemies defending them, you have to damage them until they die or are forced to retreat. So, damage makes the game pace speed up.

Medic's high constant heal is anti-damage. It stops people from dying, meaning they can stay and defend the objective, meaning the objective cannot be capped, meaning the game takes longer to end. Ubercharge helps mitigate this effect, but does not stop it entirely, since even during an Uber the enemy Medic's healing keeps people alive from your Uber target.

Thus, Medic's healing slows down the game. So nerfing Medic will not slow down the game.

Finally, nerfing Medic isn't automatically going to make people stop using him forever. There's a point between "used 99.99% of the time" and "used 0% of the time". It's called "balanced".
>>
>>386407674
Turn it up in settings duh.
Besides, this is a game where the Spy class exists. FOV is a balancing factor.
>>
>>386407859
Healing is a two way thing, it keeps the defenders defending and the attackers attacking, if you take out healing the game becomes a long range spam battle since you can't commit to a fight, and since spam favors the defender the game will slow down.
>>
>>386407859
Ah, but an attacking uber on the point will speed up the game rather quickly.
That, and do you really want games to be in favor of the attacking team even more than they already are? "speeding up the game" implies that RED should lose every time because BLU should cap before time runs out. What's the fucking point of playing defense when, in your way of balancing the game, the defenders should lose 100% of the time?
>>
>>386408296
>if you take out healing the game becomes a long range spam battle since you can't commit to a fight
Well for a start, a lot of fights in high-level competitive TF2 are already long-mid-range spam battles anyway.

There's nothing really wrong with a long range poking battle if it's actually going somewhere. Two players shoot at each other from a distance; the one with better aiming and dodging skill will do more damage to the other player than they take themselves.

What draws people close is the objective. People are forced to get close to each other at mid/second/last or lose the point. When one of the pair is really low, the higher HP one moves in on the objective, making the fight closer-ranged, while the lower HP one is forced to stay and defend the objective (and likely die trying) or retreat (which encourages the higher HP player to pursue them for a kill). Then, the winner of the fight picks up HP on the way to the next objective.

But Medic destroys this natural flow of affairs with his healing. He makes long-range spam damage trivial, and eliminates the concept of chip damage entirely. Players can no longer skillfully grind each other down with attrition. Medic removes all attrition, and only burst damage or killing the Medic himself stops that.
>since spam favours the defender
Not necessarily. Attackers usually have some good spam angles. If there are no good spam angles for attackers that's a map design problem which is encouraging static gameplay.
>>
File: Udklip.jpg (30KB, 392x298px) Image search: [Google]
Udklip.jpg
30KB, 392x298px
can we all agree, that scout is thicc af?
>>
File: team fortress the second.jpg (351KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
team fortress the second.jpg
351KB, 1680x1050px
>>386409087
>That, and do you really want games to be in favor of the attacking team even more than they already are?
Absolutely.
Right now, games are not in favour of the attacking team at all.
That's one of the biggest problems with competitively played TF2 which caused 5-minute-long snoozefest stalemates at Insomnia58 and Rewind LAN.

Defenders have the advantage because attackers have to push through narrow chokepoints and into stickytraps, Heavies, Engineers, Pyros, Soldiers sitting above the door, and most of all, overhealed enemies (because Medic can cluster his allies near him while defending last, while an attacking Medic's allies are spread out between the chokes).

So yes, I want games to be more in favour of the attacking team to prevent these long, boring waiting periods in comp where nothing gets done. TF2 seriously needs reworking to give attackers more of an advantage, and part of that is nerfing Medic.
>"speeding up the game" implies that RED should lose every time because BLU should cap before time runs out. What's the fucking point of playing defense when, in your way of balancing the game, the defenders should lose 100% of the time?
Oh you're talking about Payload or Attack/Defend or some shit?
Part of making TF2 a less defensive and more offensive game will of course involve giving defenders slightly shorter times that they have to defend on maps like Dustbowl and stuff, to keep asymmetrical modes balanced.
That said, have you ever heard of stopwatch mode? The point of defense in asymmetry isn't whether you win, it's how long you can stall compared to how long the enemy could stall.
>>
>>386398149
Silly Toph go home
You're blind, you can't play vidya games
>>
>>386396292
Just booted it up after stopping for years and it's still shit
>>
File: soldier secondaries.jpg (134KB, 966x1314px) Image search: [Google]
soldier secondaries.jpg
134KB, 966x1314px
Alright /v/. The eternal question. Shoots, boots, toots, or chutes?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13645592
>>
File: 1446162969584.png (53KB, 155x182px) Image search: [Google]
1446162969584.png
53KB, 155x182px
>>386407052
>double pipe some soldier as hybrid knight
>accidentally taunt when I try to pick up a zatoichi
>goes on a 5 minute tangent about how I'm being a tryhard shitter for feeling good about myself because of the explosive resistance on the charge n targe
>goes on to bitch at his and the other team for the rest of the round, until he finally gives up, questioning why he still plays this game
>>
>>386411307
Toots and Chutes if you like fun
Shoots and Boots if you don't
>>
>>386411307
Boots for roaming
Shotgun for playing pocket
Any of the banners for pub play
Base Jumper for trolling

I'd go with the Gunboats overall. Being able to rocketjump so much is a godsend.
>>
File: business.png (72KB, 246x203px) Image search: [Google]
business.png
72KB, 246x203px
>>386411582
Ever since The Director's Vision came out I changed the default special taunt button to V and it has worked wonders
>>
File: elegiggle.jpg (1MB, 2587x1994px) Image search: [Google]
elegiggle.jpg
1MB, 2587x1994px
>>386411307
RIGHTEOUS FUCKING BISON
>>
File: demoman takes skill.webm (3MB, 800x502px) Image search: [Google]
demoman takes skill.webm
3MB, 800x502px
>>386397796
>>
>>386411849
Pre-nerf and when it would stick to sliding doors, absolutely.
>>
>>386411307
I kinda like the killing versatility that shoots gives you. Toots only works if your team is coordinated. Boots and chutes are a ton of fun.
>>
>>386411849
>elephants
>some mongol dude who looks like he woke up from the 1300's
>gun toting nubian accidentally discharging his gun
>Jesuit priest writing this all down in his little journal
>Jesuit priest's alchemy set just sitting there
>little monkey fellas runnin' around the place
What the fuck is this supposed to be, Akbar?
>>
File: 1357538781734.png (13KB, 468x425px) Image search: [Google]
1357538781734.png
13KB, 468x425px
>>386396292
>tfw pubstomping
Its not nearly as fun as 5-6 years ago playing regularly on a server where most knew who you were and would say hi, but its something
>>
>>386412315
pubstomping tf2 with your friends with dumb loadouts is the pinnacle of fun in the multiplayer fps genre
>>
File: 1500571941024.jpg (59KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1500571941024.jpg
59KB, 400x462px
>>386406258
truer words were never spoken
>>
File: 1339051733724.jpg (59KB, 286x323px) Image search: [Google]
1339051733724.jpg
59KB, 286x323px
>>386412416
>tfw soda popper fish runs with scoot
>>
>>386404252
Is it still up
>>
File: tf item i want.jpg (142KB, 1144x593px) Image search: [Google]
tf item i want.jpg
142KB, 1144x593px
Diver's suit items for Pyro when?

Austin Powers white neck/wrist ruffles for Spy when?

Willy Wonka suit for Heavy when?
>>
File: 1488054524800.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488054524800.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>386412416
I wish I could get my friends to play.
One would rather play LoL and the other still hasn't given up his WoW addiction. I mean God damn, he was doing a Legion raid in the background while we were questing in Nostalrius.
>>
>>386412594
>Fists of Steel+Dahlokohs Vaccinator overhealed Heavy running directly into enemy Sentry nests and fisting everything to death
>>
File: 1342138747364.jpg (22KB, 319x246px) Image search: [Google]
1342138747364.jpg
22KB, 319x246px
>>386412796
>uberchaining with a pal
>>
>>386396292
>wear the Danger Shield with any build ever
>entire team, friendly and enemy, lose their shit and start raging in chat about how great it is it's getting nerfed

DD always got some decently-deserved hate, but what the fuck happened?
>>
File: my level up face.jpg (27KB, 540x417px) Image search: [Google]
my level up face.jpg
27KB, 540x417px
>>386412851
>Sydney Sleeper+Jarate+Bushwacka Sniper teaming up with a Fan o War+Milk Scout

>Flare Gun buddies focusing down a target

I could go on for hours, meme loadouts are a gift from God
>>
>>386412959
people got used to it being broken, but it being broken got renewed attention and now they have good news that a crutch is getting removed

With that said, I don't agree with the nerf Valve chose, Pyro is already a pretty shit class and Sniper already has two Pyro counter secondaries anyway
>>
File: 1340568995591.jpg (21KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1340568995591.jpg
21KB, 500x333px
>>386413049
>piss and milk fan swatting combo
I'm going to have to remember this
>>
>>386412851
>tf2 cosmetic loadouts.jpg
>>
>>386396292
Starting a thread with a video game quote and spoilering "[x] thread" at the end should be a bannable offense.

Like permaban.
>>
>>386413320
complaining about game discussion and not contributing to the discussion when there are so, so many offtopic eceleb and shitposting and BBC threads should be a bannable offense.

Like permaban.
>>
File: TF2CosmeticLoadouts.png (2MB, 1324x1996px) Image search: [Google]
TF2CosmeticLoadouts.png
2MB, 1324x1996px
>>386399195
>>386402207
Slowly increase around 3pm PST
Honestly would have expected sooner but it is what it is

Rate my desired loadout, throwing time away from working on my test gameserver to look at cosmetics cause thats how shit gets done.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oig8EpxjQrA
Holy shit, Team Fortress used to be so fast.
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>386413049
Sydney Sleeper gets so much undeserved hatred it's unbelievable. That 'no headshots allowed' attribute enrages people to no end, but it's one of the best/the only support rifle and is fun as fuck to use, especially after the buff.

>150dmg
>drops 5 classes in a single shot, takes the rest to below 50%
>minicrits for 5~
>if anything sneezes on them in that time, they're dead
>if they're already in a fight, they're dead
>if anyone is near them, fuck you they're minicrit'd too
>taking any damage from SS basically means a forced retreat/disengage in addition to running back to spawn/base for health

But because the focus of the gun isn't getting 'DEM L33T HEADSHOTS', people rage harder than Machina+DD combo.
>>
>>386413589
all pretty damn good other than the scout (off artstyle), demo (clipping mask) and pyro (that loadout has been done to death)
>>
>>386413165
I actually haven't even heard what the nerf is, mind sharing?

And I wouldn't even venture to call it 'broken'. Overpowered, probably, since there's literally no reason to not use it in 9/10 situations, but it does fuck all against another good enemy sniper. And trading close-quarter survivability for long-range survivability was always a more-or-less fair thing anyways.
>>
File: I'm bored alright.png (144KB, 520x794px) Image search: [Google]
I'm bored alright.png
144KB, 520x794px
>>386412851
>>386413251
>>
>>386413762
person you replied to reporting in. it is fun but it's not a perfect weapon design
>undeserved hatred
if you have a even basically competent team, then it lets you be just as effective as regular sniper for less effort
you click the medic once, a teammate shoots him with anything, and he's dead

i agree that people complaining about it in pubs is dumb, it's only OP when your team is competent

it should be:
>wearer cannot headshot
>wearer cannot be headshot
>shots coat target in jarate
>25% slower charge rate
and DDS should be
>+25HP on wearer
>+20% damage resistance while wielding melee
>>
>>386413881
Yeah im a bit disappointed with Scout and Demo but couldnt think of anything else. Would love ideas for them.

Pyro has to stay, Ive stuck with it since the release of the Pyrotechnic Tote.
>>
>>386414000
Any amount of time spent on that was too much time
Nice trips though
>>
File: jYPGICi.gif (1MB, 499x654px) Image search: [Google]
jYPGICi.gif
1MB, 499x654px
>>386412851
>everybody goes soldier
>everybody picks a different backpack
>everybody waits to activate all three together at once
>tfw fucking invincible thanks to the power of friendship
>>
File: teamfortresssn.jpg (165KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
teamfortresssn.jpg
165KB, 1024x575px
>>386413942
>I actually haven't even heard what the nerf is, mind sharing?
http://www.teamfortress.com/
Stats were changed to:
>Afterburn immunity
>+50% fire resist
Valve asked the community to give them feedback on these changes, so they're not necessarily final (I emailed them asking them to do >>386414152 instead).

>And I wouldn't even venture to call it 'broken'
broken's pretty much a byword for overpowered at this point. I get what you mean though
>>386414000
kek, also nice digits
>>
>>386414152
I seriously miss the piss-rifle loadout back when it DID give immunity to headshot.

I barely use it anymore because of the exact reasons you stated and because DDS+Machina loadout while only aiming for bodyshots is already a salt-mine of epic proportions but still have my 24,000 strange SS from ye good olde days.
>>
>>386414430
How have I never tried this?
>>
File: 1384745763948.jpg (40KB, 310x567px) Image search: [Google]
1384745763948.jpg
40KB, 310x567px
>>386414430
>>
Sniper trailer had the best music
>>
>>386414578
I think Sniper's music actually comes from the guy who did the movie Dirty Harry in the 1970s
>>
>>386414432
God fucking damnit I had just hoped they'd reduce the stats or something, not completely remove them...

Well that makes it a downright useless item since Cozy Camper is better for negating burn-damage from range and you're already fucking dead either way if a Pyro is standing next to you, so GG on making the item completely worthless I guess.

Ah well, silver lining is it'll make every sniper able to be bodyshot in a single hit so that'll probably be fun...
>>
>>386413762
It seems extrmely powerful in a large pub where people bunch up and your team knows there's a sydney sniper setting up minicrits for them.

But whenever I use it its like my team avoids the yellow guys for sanitary reasons.
>>
>The year 2017
>People still play TF2
>>
>>386414652
>God fucking damnit I had just hoped they'd reduce the stats or something, not completely remove them...
Yeah man, there's still time to email them if you're not happy. I'm also upset that they basically entirely gutted the weapon from what it was, even if I didn't like how strong it was.
>>
>>386414872
>"current year" as an argument for not playing the best game on the market
back to r*ddit
>>
>>386414872
>the year 2017
>People still play Chess
>>
>>386413596
heavy, engie and medic happened
>>
File: circumference.jpg (365KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
circumference.jpg
365KB, 1680x1050px
>playing eyelander demoknight
>get 6 killstreak
>get accused of hacking
what the fuck? I'm pretty sure there isn't even such a thing as a demoknight hack.
>>
File: 1471269258828.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
1471269258828.webm
3MB, 720x406px
>>386411904
try again
>>
>>386416065

YEEEEEHAWWW
>>
How do i get my tf2 to look like the first trailer?
>>
File: le epik trickstab.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
le epik trickstab.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>386416065
everytiem
>>
>>386414872
name another shooter that is skillbased
>>
>>386416532
mat_phong 0
look on gamebanana for beta muzzleflash, skins etc.
Keep in mind only the console comand will work on valve servers, and the mods themselves may be outdated
>>
>>386416065
video?
>>
>>386416991
isnt there more console commands like phong 0?
i remember there was 3 in total
>>
>>386417174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fCpAuxrQ_I
>>
>>386411613
>Shotguns
>not fun
>Being able to jump everywhere market garden AND still have rockets
>not fun
fuck off
>>
>>386416679
what happens to the sticky he plants in the beginning
>>
>>386415895
There are plenty of hacks that could help a demoknight. Especially if speedhacks still work.

>>386414650
It's literally the theme to Magnum Force.
>>
>>386417480
>everyone in the comments sucking the videos dick
The fuck
>>
>>386418065
>>386417462
meant to reply to this
>>
>>386417730
>he doesnt use speed hacks to lower your speed as scout
>>
>>386418207
I wish I could do this without getting VAC'd. Combine the insta-cap hack with reverse-speedhack and you have a pretty cool challenge for everyone involved.
>>
>Download the game again since MVM fucked up any attempt at playing for about a year
>Finally play, game no longer stutters and is slow as fuck for no reason unlike the rest of my games
>Go into game, Less people playing then a match on Overwatch
>None of my servers are full besides the meme ones that still manage to exist
>Pub takes forever to get in
>Constantly top the board
>People start kicking me because I berate how well they play since I have twice as many points while playing Medic or soldier then the next person on the team

That and it is never going to update. Valve doesn't do games anymore
>>
>>386418597
Where are you from? For me I almost always get into a full match in a few seconds and vote kicks never get used for anything because it's always not enough votes.
>>
>>386418597

Valve is lucky to have so many fucking people still making shit for their ten year old game. But they won't do fucking shit to honour or change or make it better. Screenshot this post, do whatever. Tweet it to Valve, Tweet it to Gaben, Tape it to their Office doors. Valve will never do anything special for TF2's birthday or make mention on how amazing people are still playing 10 years later.

Honestly, The people who make the models and shit for TF2 should just start making their own team based multiplayer Cartoon shooter.
>>
>>386418817
That's not going to happen. It's way more work and it'd descend into drama in about 5 minutes.
>>
>>386418817
>The people who make the models and shit for TF2 should just start making their own team based multiplayer Cartoon shooter.
That's exactly what Overwatch and Paladins are, but I feel like neither game captured the personality and spirit that TF2 had.
>>
File: sXR7ycK.jpg (234KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sXR7ycK.jpg
234KB, 1080x1920px
>>386418709
British Columbia. I used to post in Facepunch dumb ideas that I never improved upon since I had more focus on my main joys of Cosplay and Accounting then Art. Never took off and now the TF2 page is merged with the Valve page
>>
Snipers in any class based team FPS are always wavering between the extremes of underpowered and overpowered.

It'd be better to just make a game balanced around them not existing.
>>
>>386418970

Never played Paladins, I like Overwatch since it has that kind of Superhero vibe of great heroes using technology for vigilantism and terrorism. It never works like TF2 because TF2 has 9 characters that are deeply developed with their own likes and hates and carefully crafted to be really human and at the same time cartoonish charactachures of humans

Overwatch has Heroes, TF2 has humans.
>>
File: spy back.jpg (172KB, 1195x2157px) Image search: [Google]
spy back.jpg
172KB, 1195x2157px
>>386419164

>I still have the model of Pants for Spy that give him a fat ass and Cowboy boots on this PC from 2013
>>
File: 1476145366097.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476145366097.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>386412851
>KGB ubered heavy in the dustbowl 2 spawn
>>
>>386418817
>Honestly, The people who make the models and shit for TF2 should just start making their own team based multiplayer Cartoon shooter.
Unfortunately the market of TF2 clones is already oversaturated, and TF2 is still the one that does the formula the best.

The only hope is to aggressively annoy Valve to improve TF2.
>>
>>386419624
mon dieu
>>
File: 1492871637895.jpg (19KB, 455x396px) Image search: [Google]
1492871637895.jpg
19KB, 455x396px
>>386419624
>>
File: pieroe.png (90KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
pieroe.png
90KB, 512x512px
What are you hoping happens to the Pyro?
>inb4 "delete"
for me it's:
>more lightning-gun like flamethrower with narrower cone and longer reach
>airblast jumping (think force-a-nature)
>small afterburn dps buff

pyro will be more skillful but also more powerful
>>
>>386421154
Pretty much anything to buff his movement techniques would be great. Being able to airblast-jump forwards for a boost of speed to reduce the ability to simply backpedal away from a pyro and shoot him down would be wonderful. Beyond that, I guess just giving him more options to really get into the gameplay to help the team and be more than "short-range damage dealer".
>>
>1:40 AM
Should I play some TF2?
>>
File: 1359298405143.png (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1359298405143.png
10KB, 250x250px
>>386421676
Yee senpai
>>
>>386421676
of course, but make sure you go to bed at 2:30, sweetie
>>
File: 1466832259011.gif (1MB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
1466832259011.gif
1MB, 263x263px
>>386406052
>>
File: auscamotf2.png (992KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
auscamotf2.png
992KB, 2048x2048px
>tfw you have to stay up till about 1AM if you want to be able to play with Americlapchumss and Eurostanibros
>600 ping to EU Party Van server
Living in Australia fucking sucks man
>>
>>386406090
gravel pit as a defensive scout are some of my best videogame memories
>>
File: Cp_process_middle_point.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cp_process_middle_point.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
>>386406090
Process.
>>
>>386399305
A heavy on his own is a nuisance at best, a heavy with team support is unstoppable
>>
>>386423085
>is a nuisance at best
550DPS on an undodgeable hitscan weapon and 300HP is a "nuisance at best"?

Idk, maybe if you're a Sniper standing on the other side of the map? Heavy on his own is weaker than normal but he's a lot more than a nuisance.
>>
>>386421154
I agree with all of your suggestions.
Personally I'd really like a flare gun that deals extra damage to buildings, so that pyro can have some of the soldier's long-range sentry busting utility.
Some more shotgun variety would also be nice, but I don't really have any ideas for new shotguns.
>>
>>386423857
what if fire ignited buildings
>>
>still has console FOV
g
>>
>>386403240
>the homewrecker
-100% pushback taken from sentrys when active
>>
>>386424119
see >>386407940
>>
>>386424120
The homewrecker is okay right now since it can remove sappers, but I think something like that would've been a better way to buff it without ignoring it's intended function.
I think the homewrecker should be the uber push/anti-building melee, and the neon annihilator should be the sapper removing anti-spy melee instead of having the stupid crit effect it has now.
>>
So have been looking for a custom map for a while. Its a payload map set on an island, has water and goes through a town, a warehouse and ends with a makeshift incline up to the last point. I can not find it at all, anyone know the name?
>>
>>386402281
>Every class should be a generalist
Fuck off
>>
>>386424575
Pier
>>
File: 1500672004035.jpg (34KB, 496x322px) Image search: [Google]
1500672004035.jpg
34KB, 496x322px
Shit man the diamond back is so good
Recently I've been surprisi engies on 2fort with crits out the ass
>>
>>386424586
"fuck off" is not an argument
every class should be a generalist (aka: useful both on defense and offense) and a specialist (aka: does a unique job)
>>
>>386404928
>weapon I like: unbanned
>weapon I don't like: banned
This is how whitelists work.
>>
>>386424693
Thank you man, I dont know why I forgot the name of the stupid map
>>
>>386424764
it's good if the players you're killing are shit
otherwise stock/amby/l'etranger is better
>>
>>386424428
Elaborate, I was thinking how shit Neon was
>>
>>386424932
Homewrecker is basically what you proposed
>bonus damage against buildings
>knockback reduction while equipped
>reduced damage against players

The neon annihilator's crit effect is super fucking dumb anywhere outside of 2fort, so the neon annihilator should retain its current sapper removal effect while its crit ability is replaced by something that helps the pyro spy check.
Maybe it drains some of the spy's cloak meter on hit, or reduces its target's move speed so they can't escape the pyro's flamethrower as easily.
>>
>>386425571
Both of your proposed stats are useless imo since at melee range you might as well burn them
>>
File: 1424586998756.png (191KB, 630x776px) Image search: [Google]
1424586998756.png
191KB, 630x776px
>>386418817
>Honestly, The people who make the models and shit for TF2 should just start making their own team based multiplayer Cartoon shooter.
>he thinks Polycount and Facepunch can stop stupid drama and inflated egos for more that 5 minutes
>>
>>386426349
It would at least kind of help against dead ringer/spycicle spies.
But honestly the ideas I proposed may not even be necessary, since people already use the homewrecker and neon annihilator purely for sapper removal anyway.
>>
>>386427059
>>386427059
not him but dead ringer is getting nerfed and spycicle isnt that bad
>>
Made this thread when I went to sleep, glad to se it's not dead yet
>>
File: futurama-coffee-rage.jpg (28KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
futurama-coffee-rage.jpg
28KB, 500x377px
>>386399195
>posting the password
>>
Honestly, nothing's as fun as being on a dumb 16 vs 16 or 12v12 Dustbowl pub and getting like 30 kills on your sentry, then going insane with revenge crits
>>
>>386428125
it's real fun when random spread results in the vast majority of those crits doing jack shit damage
or you miss
or you die
either way a fuckton of revenge crits usually end up being wasted one way or the other

it's usually best to accumulate let's say 10 revenge crits, use them and then build another sentry imo it's pointless having a whole bunch of them stored for later use
>>
>>386428559
>Being this bad at the game
rofl
>>
>>386402281
>the SPUF refugees found their way to 4chan
why am I not surprised?
>>
>>386415603
>TF2
>best game on the market
It hasn't been since at least 2009. You stick with it because it's free and you've developed Stockholm Syndrome.

>>386415679
Chess is still fun, TF2 is not.

>>386416840
Quake, Unreal Tournament. TF2 is not and has never been skill-based.
>>
>>386428753
Name 1 (1) better game. I'll wait.
>>
>>386428834
I already named Quake and Unreal Tournament. It's not surprising that a TF2 player is illiterate.
>>
>>386428902
Lmao@u rn
>>
What are some of your favourite subclasses?
>Fat Scout
>Fast Punching crits (GRU/Eviction notice plus Buffalo Steak)
>Market Garden Pyro (Detonator and AxtinguisherRIP
>100% pissed sniper (Sydney Sleeper, Jarate and Bushwaka)
>>
>>386429598
Blood scout and the cleaver wombo combo
>>
>>386429598
Funslinger battle engie is best engie.
>>
>>386398149
>Toph with shoes on
so she's truely blind then
time to go up the dirt road then
>>
Game is shit it's time to move on.
>>
>>386428681
I've never posted on SPUF.
>>
File: tf admin.jpg (161KB, 460x283px) Image search: [Google]
tf admin.jpg
161KB, 460x283px
>>386428902
Quake and Unreal tournament are both dead games, TF2's competitive scene (100,000 strong out of TF2's total population of 1,700,000) is bigger than the concurrent playerbase for all their incarnations combined.

No point talking about how good a multiplayer game is if you can't find anybody to play it.

TF2 also has much more content than Quake and UT which means it's actually enjoyable for longer. Quake and UT are stuck to the same small pool of weapons and a choice between deathmatch or sometimes team game modes.

It becomes boring VERY quickly when literally the only variable outside 2 maps and 9 weapons is player skill. And that's why nobody plays Quake.

Sure it's skilled but they forgot to add enough fun to last for 9 years, like TF2 has. And that's why TF2 is a better multiplayer game than any individual Quake game.

Also TF2 has some skills that Quake doesn't. TF2's rocket jumping air control is more in depth.
>>
>>386430803

that is not tf2's current population you delusional drone. anyone can go to the steam stats page and see how wrong you are.
>>
>>386431305
https://steamspy.com/app/440
>Players in the last 2 weeks: 1,720,805
>>
>>386397796
tfw can't aim for shit when i'm trying to land pills
tfw kill everything when blind firing
is that the degroot secret?
>>
>>386430803
>people only play on 2 maps and don't mod those games
>>
>>386432614
>people only play on 2 maps
mainly, yes
>and don't mod
the multiplayer modding scene for Quake and UT is dead
>>
I haven't played since 2011 and want to play with a friend who lives far away from me. I'm told I need a European IP if we want to play together, is there some workaround or do I have to find a VPN? Are there any good free VPNs if so?
>>
>>386435070
>is there some workaround or do I have to find a VPN?
I mean, you could just change your ping settings at the top of the Casual search screen to be worldwide, and then join a party which he's the leader of. I think that should work.

Otherwise yeah you'll need a VPN.

Or you could just play with him on a community server, anon. It shouldn't be too hard to find a server like Saigns, Skial, or Nightwhatever in Europe that will be functionally identical to a normal pub, apart from being 24/7 on a single map (jump between servers) and having writing down the bottom corner.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>386411904
That was really painful to watch
>>
anyone here oceanic? got around 800 hours and started playing for fun for first time in years a few days ago but comp is 100% dead, why?
>>
>>386435821
he's normally a good player I swear
>>
>>386411904
god damn anyone else also jsut cant kill anything while ubered for some reason? i do good without it but when i try to push while ubered i just get knocked back, enemies run away and i did jack shit
>>
>>386435507
Thanks the former option seems to work well enough.
>>
File: tf keel.png (931KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tf keel.png
931KB, 1024x768px
>>386435934
>oceanic
You mean Australian, right? You're not some chink poof?
> and started playing for fun for first time in years a few days ago but comp is 100% dead, why?
Well I enjoyed it too but there are a lot of problems stopping it from being a truly COMPETITIVE mode and not just a glorified pub

>there's no prize
>there's no placement matches
>there's no map rotation like they promised
>there's limitation on graphical settings so a lot of people can't play
>the game balance is poor- TF2 is decently balanced for pub games, but 5 classes and 24 weapons are not well balanced for competitive play
>there's lots of script kiddy ""hackers"" ruining games who don't get banned

Competitive is meant to be a serious, exciting mode of TF2 where people can show off their skill at TF2, and be rewarded for their skill. However, due to all the issues above, it fails at this. It's little more than a 12-man pub game as a result.
>>
File: chairman approval.jpg (107KB, 598x465px) Image search: [Google]
chairman approval.jpg
107KB, 598x465px
>>386436861
Nice, and you're welcome anon, good manners. Have fun
>>
>>386436937
You too
>>
>>386411904
>27 seconds of frontline fight where not a single hit nor pill landed
>taunting after all that
>>
>>386436975
it's the same principle as saying gg ez
>>
File: tf COME AND TAKE IT.jpg (455KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf COME AND TAKE IT.jpg
455KB, 1920x1080px
Some people like to talk shit about TF2's community, but I think it's okay.
My experiences on the whole have been positive.
>>
File: Team-Fortress-2_256.png (14KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Team-Fortress-2_256.png
14KB, 256x256px
What new features would you like to see in a sequel to TF2?

Team Fortress 3, if you will?
>>
>>386437178
What servers do you normally play on?
>>
File: tf classic hunted.jpg (64KB, 1026x768px) Image search: [Google]
tf classic hunted.jpg
64KB, 1026x768px
>>386437331
>valve Casual pubs, every mode but CTF
MGE servers
>a custom maps server (now closed down)
>a 24/7 modded 2fort nocrit server
>/v/ Party Van servers, US and, when it was still active, EU
>the occasional trade/achievement server

most people are nice, in particular I've never met an MGE player who wasn't nice to me. Sometimes they even politely give me tips
>>
>>386406090
Granary. Something relaxes me about it, I can't pin down what. I also very much like the aesthetic more than the likes of 2fort, turbine, and other more gritty industrial maps.
>>
File: yore ugleh.gif (796KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
yore ugleh.gif
796KB, 480x270px
Hey /v/,
yore
ugleh
>>
Gunboat Soldier the best t. Pyro
>>
File: tf granary.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf granary.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>386437568
we need more farmland maps
>>
>>386437752
i want to drink that orange juice
>>
>>386437263
the return of class specific grenades (as an on/off server option)
fuck generic grenades since they would just be spam, but class specific grenades add to the fun
>>
>>386411904
it's not the same without the music. god bless tf2worms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYWlWxOUJWc
>>
>>386406350
You don't need a medic to win but he sure as hell helps. But if you're the same guy from a few days ago that I think you are that had that autistic fit with that other guy, you don't actually care about design, just forcing what you think as fun on everyone else.
>>
5cp is the worst game mode in existence and the hardest to fix out of all the bad game modes, prove me wrong
hard mode: don't mention any incarnation of sixes
>>
>>386438545
I still think class specific grenades could work in a dedicated new game type. The demo is shown to have stockpiles of all kinds of explosions, so a new gamemode set in his homeground scottish highlands where himself and the other mercs strap in for a more explosive matchup would be great, though characters might need additional health to keep things balanced.
>>
>>386421154
>Flamethrowers do more damage to buildings
>Make flamethrowers hitscan and none of the current lag based shit
>Airblast jumping
>Airblasted projectiles become mini-crits
>-25hp and afterburn deals less damage to counter balance all the changes above
>>
>>386438896
Ctf with 60 second Intel respawn and double defending
>>
>>386438703
>You don't need a medic to win but he sure as hell helps
If the enemy has a Medic, and you don't, and your teams are of equal skill, you will NOT win. This is a fact.
This is why not a single team playing TF2 seriously for the last NINE YEARS has willingly dropped their Medic. Ever. I challenge you to show me a single serious game of TF2 where a team didn't have a Medic, the other team did, and they still won.
He's that powerful.
>you don't actually care about design, just forcing what you think as fun on everyone else.
back up this accusation anon, because I'm going to call that complete bullshit.

what I personally think is fun doesn't come into it at all. I ask for things to be nerfed or reworked that I find fun all the time.

my game design opinions are based off majority opinion through surveys and forum posts, plus some objective conclusions Valve drew in their testing (ie: stalemates are objectively unfun for everyone involved, since there is no winner).
>>
>>386439194
Comp is too fast paced to not have him and HL requires him. In terms of pubs, it is entirely possible to win without a medic but I guess ignoring factors like map layout, a scout/sniper/spy making him dead weight, etc. don't count since they don't follow your narrow minded hypotheticals.
I don't care what you call bullshit on since what you think has been pretty dumb from what I've payed attention to.
None of which you cite. That and your "I'm so much smarter than everyone so I know better" attitude really makes out like you pull most of it from your ass.
>that last thing
What a misconstrued take on what they said. They made it so both teams lost on purpose to make them feel like shit so they'd play better next in order to not get a stalemate. Stalemates are not inherently unfun but rather than making it so both teams were patted on the back for their hard work, they were both told they're shit for not being able to win.
>>
>>386413762
Landing double bodyshots is fun. I kind of preferred when it only took a bit of charge to coat people but the "headshots" make it better when they're all bunched up. The number of heavies I have double-shot because they underestimate the minicrits is dumb.
>>
>>386439735
>Comp is too fast paced to not have him
Medic is the slowest class in the standard lineup. You know why they choose him without fail? Because he's the best.
Okay, so you've covered 6s and HL. This displays your lack of knowledge about TF2.
There are four other TF2 competitive formats: Sigafoo's pick/ban Prolander (not as fast paced as 6s as it plays on Payload or A/D), Valve official comp (not as fast paced as 6s), 4v4, and Ultiduo (which is a 2v2 deathmatch).
In all of these formats, teams ALWAYS pick the Medic, even when they can choose not to, even when the game mode is slower. Why is this? Because it's incontrovertible fact that on an equal skill level, Medic is mandatory to win.
>In terms of pubs, it is entirely possible to win without a medic
Holy fuck anon, I shouldn't have to explain this to you.
Pubs are not matched up based on skill, are populated with random quantities of players who often just picked up the game for the first time, and most people are not playing the objective seriously and are playing for fun.
Of course it's POSSIBLE to win without a medic in a pub. You could win with solely using Wrap Assassin in a fucking pub.
>a scout/sniper/spy making him (Medic) dead weight
You could have just told me you've never played TF2.
>misconstrued take
Yeah no. You're pulling shit out of your ass.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Well_developer_commentary
>I don't care what you call bullshit on since what you think has been pretty dumb from what I've payed attention to
You can drop the pretense at this point. You're talking exactly the same way the guy was last time. You're clearly him.
And it's "paid", not "payed". If you want to call people dumb, try having a basic grasp of the English language first.
>>
>>386440678
Ok, so you can't read. Soldiers and demo in 6s don't have time to go medpack hunting. They need to stay active as much as possible. Medic allows him them to do that. This has literally nothing to do with his actual movement speed, you ignoramus.
I didn't cover any of the others because of how much more niche they are. They really do not matter considering how few people play them even compared to 6s and HL. And isn't Ultiduo mostly used to practice combat scenarios often found in 6s? And medic certainly isn't always picked in the built-in comp, you're full of shit on that one, bub.
>pubs don't count because it doesn't fit my narrative
Not an argument. You cannot ignore the largest populated aspect of the game.
>you've never played TF2
Not an argument.
>says nothing about stalemates being unfun
Looks like you're the one pulling shit out his ass.
>boogeyman and ad hominem
Not arguments.
It's really looking like I'm right about you being dumb and not caring about design. You'd rather deflect and make excuses to defend your poor decisions.
>>
I haven't played since last year, when the server browser stopped showing Valve servers, and getting into one that wasn't nearly could take 10 minutes through matchmaking.
Is it better now? I miss my nigga Spy.
>>
>>386441345
I left exactly when you did, MyM was terrible. And while it still is bad, it improved a little.
Honestly, I started to play it again because I had a but of nostalgia and because I have high hopes for the Pyro update.
>>
>>386441650
Wait what update? When?
>>
>>386441735
>Wait what update?
Pyro won the Heavy vs Pyro War update. So it should get an update that improves the class.
>When?
TONIGHT
>>
>>386441735
Not him but the Meat Your Match update was a voting contest to decide whether Pyro or Heavy got a reworking first and Pyro won. At this point it's only a matter of time until it actually drops.
>>
File: tf2 main loadouts.png (1MB, 1405x1903px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 main loadouts.png
1MB, 1405x1903px
r8
>>
File: zz.png (178KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
zz.png
178KB, 1190x906px
>>386441261
>Soldiers and demo in 6s don't have time to go medpack hunting. They need to stay active as much as possible. Medic allows him them to do that
You tell me I can't read. Do you read your own fucking posts before making them?

Remember, YOU are arguing that you don't need a Medic to win. >>386438703
To advance that argument, you... tell me why competitive players need a Medic to win a game??? Do you understand how moronic that is?

I'd like you to see the attached picture for your deserved reward.
>I didn't cover any of the others because of how much more niche they are. They really do not matter considering how few people play them even compared to 6s and HL
Yes, they are niche, I'll agree there. However, you're arguing against your own argument and doing the work for me, so I guess we both agree!
>pubs don't count because it doesn't fit my narrative
>You cannot ignore the largest populated aspect of the game.
What you're doing is ignoring the three arguments I put forward and saying that instead I'm dismissing it because it doesn't "fit my narrative" (???)

Again, for the second time, yes, it is possible to win a pub game against an uncoordinated team without a Medic. It is also possible to win a pub game against an uncoordinated team with literally anything else in the game.

Seriously, I want you to say these words to me: "I think the game should be balanced around situations where one team is clearly superior to the other." Because that's literally what your argument is in saying that because it's POSSIBLE for a pub game to be won without a Medic, that therefore Medic is not needed to win games in an environment of equal skill.
>says nothing about stalemates being unfun
Are you baiting?
"Ideally matches should end in a victory for one team and a loss for the other. Stalemates are essentially a loss for both teams."
What do you actually think they meant by this, if not fun? What exactly do you think they meant by "loss"? Enlighten us.
>>
>>386441949
all decent to good tier, apart from sniper and scout, which just look dumb with the ballcap
>>
>>386441949
spy is nice, and all your loadouts are somewhat restrained, which is good
>>
File: valve ads.png (637KB, 993x863px) Image search: [Google]
valve ads.png
637KB, 993x863px
>Enemy team wins before 5 mins
>>
>>386442217
>more ad hominem
Not an argument.
>tell me why competitive players need a Medic to win a game?
Because of how 6s is set up and the artificial meta that was born from it. TF2 was designed, or at least seemed to be at the beginning, around 8v8. It's like looking Melee and changing the mechanics of the game because of the artificial meta created from the competitive crowd, which for them is restricted maps, abusing unintended mechanics and glitches, and even ignoring items as a whole. If 6s were 8s instead, you can bet there would be times when a medic would not be present on a team.
>you're arguing against your own argument
How so?
>is ignoring my three arguments
Because they are in turn ignoring an entire aspect of the game. And why? Because they don't fit your argument.
>against an uncoordinated team
Who's to say they are? Who's to say your team isn't? Who's to say it isn't a single player allowing it to occur? Creating hypotheticals for a game with as many variables as TF2 is stupid. You have to look at it from the overall perspective, instead of made-up individual occurrences.
There has literally never been a single game, no, a single round of TF2 where the teams were 100% evenly matched. Fuck off with this.
>Enlighten us
That is not a statement on stalemates, it's a statement on their design philosophy behind how they chose to handle stalemates in the game. If both teams win then people will be more inclined to drag a game into a stalemate than if the game tells them they both lost. They negatively reinforce that a stalemate is an undesirable outcome for everyone. You really shouldn't be talking about TF2 design if you can't understand this.
>>
File: icrievrytim.png (19KB, 79x85px) Image search: [Google]
icrievrytim.png
19KB, 79x85px
>>386416679
I miss lazypurple, man
>>
Direct Hit is objectively the best weapon in the game, if you can aim decently
>>
>>386443124
>Because of how 6s is set up and the artificial meta that was born from it
Alright, so if somehow 6s is an "artificial meta" (a stupid argument since artificial means man-made, there is no such thing as a natural video game) then I want you to show me even a SINGLE example of a seriously played game of TF2 where a team without a Medic faced off against a team with a Medic and won.
>TF2 was designed, or at least seemed to be at the beginning, around 8v8
This is a red herring fallacy-- true, but has no relevance to the argument. Medic is powerful no matter whether the playercount is 12v12, 9v9, 8v8, 6v6, or even 2v2.

But sure. Go ahead and show me an example of an 8v8 TF2 game played seriously where a team without a Medic beat a team with a Medic. I'm waiting.
>How so?
Isn't it fucking obvious, you daft fuck? Your argument is that "you don't need a Medic to win a game." You follow that up by stating why you need a Medic to win a game.
>Because they are in turn ignoring an entire aspect of the game. And why? Because they don't fit your argument.
You're doing it again. I've already responded to your "you're dismissing it because it doesn't fit your argument" non-argument here: >>386442217
>Creating hypotheticals for a game with as many variables as TF2 is stupid
Show me a single video footage example of a seriously played game of TF2 where a team with no Medic beat a team with a Medic then.
>That is not a statement on stalemates,
It literally mentions stalemates by name.
You didn't answer the question. I want you to answer it. Should be easy enough to do if you're not baiting.
"Ideally matches should end in a victory for one team and a loss for the other. Stalemates are essentially a loss for both teams."
What do they mean by "loss" here?
>>
>>386444037
>a stupid argument since artificial means man-made, there is no such thing as a natural video game
>it's stupid because I'm playing semantics and making it sound stupid
>show me even a SINGLE example of a seriously played game of TF2 where a team without a Medic faced off against a team with a Medic and won
I could give you my personal recollections of my competitive days but you'll just dismiss those. Like a game of HL where our med got power surged and we didn't have a sub so soldier ran conch, scout ran milk, and engi moved his dispenser up. It was a bit rough but we still won. Or another when we had to sub in our medic and he was so bad he was dead weight with how often he got picked. Won that one, too.
>true, but has no relevance to the argument
Wrong. Medic becomes less and less powerful as the team size increases. It also depends on what classes are being played within those teams, what side a team is on, which map it is, etc.
>You follow that up by stating why you need a Medic to win a game
>taking shit out of context
No shit a Medic is needed to win a game in game modes created with the Medic in mind, retard. Ultiduo is literally Medic+Soldier vs Medic+Soldier 99% of the fucking time because it was made to be. It was made to be that because a fight between those two pairs at a spire is very common in 6s.
>What do they mean by "loss" here?
That neither team won and the game should treat it as such. Nowhere in it does it mention stalemates being unfun or implementing features to directly keep stalemates from occurring. But please, continue showing everyone that you don't understand the design philosophy behind something as simple as stalemates in this game when it's fucking explained to you by not only the developers themselves but me as well.
>>
I was cleaning out my hard drives and found an old installation of the Team Fortress 2 beta.
It's not some valuable piece of data, right? So I can just go ahead and delete it?
>>
File: 1427377823611.png (37KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
1427377823611.png
37KB, 493x276px
>>386444760
>I could give you my personal recollections of my competitive days but you'll just dismiss those
I want video evidence because you can easily make shit up to win the argument. Don't pretend that my standards are unreasonable. Anyone here would agree that's a fair point.
>Wrong. Medic becomes less and less powerful as the team size increases
Then show me video evidence of a seriously played game where a team with no Medic beats a team with a Medic.
> It also depends on what classes are being played within those teams, what side a team is on, which map it is
The video can be any official map as long as it's played seriously. Chop chop.
>No shit a Medic is needed to win a game in game modes created with the Medic in mind, retard
Then show me video evidence of your claim of such a mythical game mode "created without Medic in mind", retard.
>That neither team won and the game should treat it as such
"The game should treat it as such"? Are you fucking serious right now?
>Nowhere in it does it mention stalemates being unfun or implementing features to directly keep stalemates from occurring
THE ENTIRE SECTION OF THE DEV COMMENTARY IS CALLED "AVOIDING STALEMATES", YOU BLITHERING ILLITERATE RETARD. YOU COULD NOT BE MORE FUCKING WRONG.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Well_developer_commentary
READ THE FUCKING SOURCE BEFORE ARGUING IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, I've won this argument and convinced anyone that matters, and clearly, unless you're going to post the video evidence that I asked for to back up the claims you keep making, you have no further arguments left to present.
To be honest, I'm not sure you ever would have convinced anyone with the statements "You don't need a medic to win" and "Stalemates are not inherently unfun". They didn't need my help in figuring out you're a retard.
>>
>>386413049
>cleaners carbine + bushwacka
>tfw running around with free crits
god bless meme loadouts
>>
>>386404695
I just think that being able to uber 4 times is kinda fucking strong. Maybe 3 times is enough
>>
>>386412959
CoD kiddies are mad they can't quickscope
>>
>>386445952
>I just think that being able to uber 4 times is kinda fucking strong
If you think about it as 4 separate ubercharges then sure it might seem strong, but they're not anything like ubercharges

Vacc resist, compared to an Uber, only works against one type of damage at a time, allows 25% of the damage through (Uber lets 0 damage through), does not resist melee damage (Uber resists melee damage), and only lasts for 2.5 seconds (Uber nominally lasts for 10 seconds)
>>
>>386397796
as long as he doesn't use any sticky bomb launcher, i can agree
>>
>>386447043
stickies take skill since the radius nerf though
>>
>>386443947
That would be the sniper rifle
>>
File: pe.jpg (60KB, 900x710px) Image search: [Google]
pe.jpg
60KB, 900x710px
>tfw terrible at the game but latch on to the good players as medic
>>
>>386447165
I was going to say that exact post but didn't want to fall into his elaborate trap of "yeh but i said le DECENT aim xDD"
>>
>>386411582
>goes on a 5 minute tangent about how I'm being a tryhard shitter for feeling good about myself because of the explosive resistance on the charge n targe
i never heard someone complain about the charge n' targe, i've seen complaints about vaccinators and drawnian danger shield than anything else
>>
How do I git gud with scout
I use the Scattergun because I'm not a big fan of the other shotguns' gimmicks
Which melee is the best to use
>>
Is there any way to disabled alt=taunt on weps like Ubersaw without just disabling alt entirely? I've lost quite a few ubers accidently pressing rmb before 2. It didn't used to be like this.
>>
>>386439089
>Airblasted projectiles become mini-crits
I may have understood you wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's already in the game
>>
>>386413589
>somewhat good soldier
>best sniper loadout
>shit tryhard scout
>nice looking demo
>some underused cometics really looks good on the doc
>heavy is almost good, try to change the macho mann for something else
>generic pyromain/10 loadout
>somewhat good looking spy
>nice engi
i've seen worse, just change that pyro and what i said about the heavy
>>
>>386447545
Don't move your aim too much like a spastic.
Use the stock or Soda Popper unless meme'ing.
Use the crit bottle because its absurdly op, handgun or other handgun.
Use the triple jump bat because it dumpsters soldiers for free and they can't even tell you have it until its too late if you don't pull it out.

Play like a selfish asshole, taking all medkits for yourself.
Run like a bitch if you need to.
Don't spam all jumps in 1 go v soldier and the like or they'll just shoot the floor where your gonna land when you run out then shoot the floor again and that's you dead.

So long as you actually hit your shots, don't go yolo melee all the time after missing everything and play like a selfish little bitch you should do well. Not switching to melee constantly and instead running away to reload helps you actually learn how to aim. Most scouts just miss all shots, go melee, die and repeat and never stop being trash because they are learning nothing.
>>
File: Team Fortress Original.jpg (37KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Team Fortress Original.jpg
37KB, 512x384px
>>386447545
>How do I git gud with scout
MGE servers, competitive lobbies, and general practice even if it's just in a pub, so long as you practice a lot.

Try and work on flick aim (move mouse to target) rather than strafe aim (using A/D to aim and keeping your mouse steady). Set your FOV to high and your mouse sensitivity to the best possible so you can do a 360 turn in a single comfortable hand motion, but no more than that.

If facing Scouts, mash A and D. If facing Soldiers, try not to double jump in a way that will make where you're going to land predictable. If facing Demos, get into close range. If facing Heavies, double jump around their head like crazy. If facing Pyros, press S.
>I use the Scattergun because I'm not a big fan of the other shotguns' gimmicks
that's fine, the objectively best Scout primary is the Soda Popper though since it has better short-term and long-term DPS than stock plus the multijump thing, but there's little point mastering it unless you only want to pubstomp, since all comp leagues ban it. If you're playing comp Scattergun is best gun to learn
>which melee is best
Boston Basher in organized teamplay for uber building, Atomizer or Sandman individually (though this is likely to change with valve's new balanced).

Good luck, have fun
>>
Speaking of Scout, the medgun change is fucking absurd and makes him by far my favorite heal target.
>>
>>386448189
yeah, neither comp players nor pub players can figure out what the fuck valve was trying to do there.
>>
Who /hackfag/ here?
>>
>>386411904
I've seen this clip so many times I can hear it
>>
>>386448189
>mfw popping a Kritzkrieg on a Scout and watching him mow down 6 people
>>
>play competitive with friends
>they go 5 medics: 2 with vaccinators, 1 kritz, 1 quickfix and 1 stock
>I go heavy
>literally unstoppable
>win the game
Medic is balanced.
>>
File: 1497041188902m.jpg (83KB, 1024x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1497041188902m.jpg
83KB, 1024x1017px
>>386400652
>Sniper takes skill
>Hitscan is harder then projectiles
>>
>>386416679
Post the video please
>>
>>386448269
*skiddie
>>
>>386429598
Battle engie and demoknight. It's not original, but it's fun.

Speaking of which what's your loadout when playing these guys? For me, I use widowmaker/pistol/gunslinger for battle engie and nine iron/tideturner/bootlegger for demoknight.
>>
>>386429598
The Pyro.
>>
>>386448885
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I7DEs3fADU
at around 2:40
>>
>>386449189
stock, short circuit, gunslinger so i can run right at soldiers and demos like a moron
skullcutter, tide turner, bootlegger
>>
>>386449189
i just use classic demoknight with targe, GL and headtaker. Can never let go of my grenade launcher
>>
>>386447959
Is the Shortstop any good?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7xyButQavQ
>>
>>386449468
This.
The pipes are invaluable if you want to kill those cheeky Scouts who think they can outsmart you by staying out of your melee range and pester you with 60 dmg scattergun shots.
>>
Do soldiers that use the black box deserve any respect?
>>
>>386449818
No.
>>
>>386449669
i see your point, but on the other hand, how demoknight playstyle is meant to go is that you can outrun everything in the game, including scouts, with your charge.

if scout is getting in your grill you back off for a few seconds, wait for charge to come up, then rush him down
>>
>>386399195
>tfw playing alone on server
I'll never have friends or people who will ever love me
>>
>>386450194
If you're not using the tideturner and bootlegger, the scout can easily out manouver you when you're charging.
>>
>>386449818
holy fuck no.
>>
>>386450345
true enough I guess, but over short distances it's not easy for the scout and they can fuck up
>>
>>386449818
yes, as much as anyone else, what is this dumb new meme?
black box is a minor downgrade to stock
>>
>>386407859
>marx pin
>BLM pin

checks out
>>
File: bruh.png (147KB, 236x245px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
147KB, 236x245px
>>386450780
Are you serious?
>>
>>386451780
?
>>
>>386451869
Black Box is fucking stupid, how have you not realized this yet?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST--rSDGK4s
GIVE
ME
SOME
JUNKIES
TO
EAT
>>
>>386439089
>Make flamethrowers hitscan and none of the current lag based shit
This is all I want. It's stupidly frustrating how it works now.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClTUcsLacII cannon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePXL91VzWWQ pyro jumping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSPLy7D0Vv0 huntsman
>>
>>386451780
black box is a downgrade though
Sacrificing an extra rocket for 15 health on hit when you can just get a medic or a health kit on the map
>>
>>386417523
that's from the sticky jumper do not damage but the spy don't know it and he try to avoid it
>>
>>386452480
It's not enough to make the Pyro viable. He'd just be a shittier Heavy.
>>
>>386452796
a heavy that can deflect those pesky rockets and pills maybe
>>
>>386399305
I destroyed a pub on Egypt with a good medic, so maybe. Are you good at tracking?
>>
>>386453093
And who does damage over time, is a little more mobile, and can push enemy ubers away.
>>
File: uninstall.png (254KB, 967x721px) Image search: [Google]
uninstall.png
254KB, 967x721px
>>
>>386453301
>does damage over time
Afterburn is a complete joke. It does shit damage and has like 20 different ways of removal.
>a little more mobile
Not enough for his effective range.
>can push enemy ubers away
This is good but extremely situational as ubers are not constant. Not enough to salvage the whole class.
>>
>>386453093
people seriously overestimate the relevance of the ability to reflect projectiles.
a good Soldier/Demo will not feed you projectiles, they will simply shoot at someone else.
in the event there is nobody else to shoot at, the Soldier will shoot you with the unreflectable shotgun, and the Demo will shoot you with unreflectable stickies.
even after all that if the Soldier is running gunboats he will simply wait to fire rockets till the Pyro is close enough, so that reflecting rockets becomes total guesswork on the Pyro's end.

reflects are not enough to make Pyro viable, they rely on the enemy being literally retarded, and the last thing Pyro needs is to be more effective at fighting retards.

Pyro needs better mobility, better range, and better damage, in exchange for a high skill ceiling. >>386421154 will accomplish that.
>>
File: e12.png (537KB, 692x577px) Image search: [Google]
e12.png
537KB, 692x577px
I can't believe it. After 2000 hours i discovered that you can hold m2 while firing stickies so they detonate as fast as possible. And i wondered the whole time why people spam it so easly
>>
File: 1502064177698.jpg (13KB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
1502064177698.jpg
13KB, 200x156px
>>386453704

wait, they do? I just mash m2
>>
>>386453620
Just don't bother with the Pyro at all if they try to play the reflect game. Just walk away. What are they gonna do?
>>
>>386453872
Yea i did that too for fucking 2k hours and wondered how demos spam it so quickly.
>>
>pyro is fucking useless
>but its fun
doshiou...

>>386453620
you seem, on the other hand, to overestimate a fuckton other players
>a good demo/soldier
how many can be said to be good in this game?
>>
File: 1501710782284.png (1MB, 788x872px) Image search: [Google]
1501710782284.png
1MB, 788x872px
>>386454060

>took me 2000 hours to realize that the shield isn't the only demoman secondary, and the stickies can be quite powerfull

>took me another 1000 hours to discover this

I guess better late than ever, thanks anon
>>
>>386453704
>you can hold m2 while firing stickies so they detonate as fast as possible.

so thats how those fuckers always do it.
>>
>>386449565
Its basically a worse shotgun and worse pistol in 1 slot. Only time I'd consider it particularly good is if you play passtime since it destroys anyone holding the ball from much larger ranges than most shotguns and unlike pistol gives no time to react.
>>
>>386454171
>how many can be said to be good in this game?
they don't even have to be good anon
they just need to know literally the baseline common sense knowledge of "don't shoot rocket at guy who reflect rocket" and they're set

that's the big problem with pyro, he is countered by common sense

don't feed him rockets and you've neutered reflects
don't walk towards him and you've neutered flamethrower
>>
>>386453451
Jesus Christ, how small is your monitor
>>
PSA: Soldier's use of the word "maggot" is an euphemism for "faggot"
>>
>>386454512
you would be surprised at the stupidity you can find and peoplewho never learn
you forget this is, ultimately, a f2p game
>>
>>386454881
we don't balance around people who just started playing the game last Tuesday, anon

when he said "viable", he clearly meant "versus people who are well acquainted with the game and not retards"
>>
>>386453995
follow you
burn you
shoot you with shotgun
shoot you with flare or scorch
>>
>>386454171
>pyro is bad because he's countered by good players
>how many can be said to be good in this game?

>>386454881
People talking about TF2 don't seem to know if they should be talking about balance for the 99% of matches that are casual or the other 1%.
>>
>>386454512
>don't feed him rockets and you've neutered reflects
>don't walk towards him and you've neutered flamethrower
>don't play game and you've neutered demoman
>>
Stock loadout all day every day. Makin 12 year olds cry about FAIR AND BALANCED CRITS
>>
>>386455057
oh well
I played pyro a lot. its definitely underpowered and not difficult to counter, but there is stuff you can do

People tend to forget a lot that the pyro has a shotgun himself. If a soldier takes out his own shotgun the best idea is to shoot with your own shotgun back and rely on better speed to backpedal
>>386455146
actually you understood the opposite
I have fun playing as pyro, but could do better than it currently does
>>
>>386452660
It's not 15 any more, though. Up to 20 HP per hit
>>
>>386455128
>follow you
>burn you
when pyro is within actual burning range of you, reflecting projectiles comes down to prediction on the pyro's end, and is likely to result in him dying
>shoot you with shotgun
>shoot you with flare or scorch
shoot them with rockets while their flamethrower is not equipped
>>386455360
>People tend to forget a lot that the pyro has a shotgun himself
Okay well in that situation, Soldier has 200HP and Pyro has 175HP

of course there's stuff you can do as Pyro, but the overall point (that you agree with) is that he's underpowered, and part of that is that reflecting is really less useful than people give it credit for
>>
>>386455583
indeed, but I still think you are being unfair by putting situations of retarded pyro vs competent anyone_else
>>
>>386432525
Close. Much like the demoman himself you must be absolutely shit faced at all times in order to master him.
>>
interesting blogpost on pyroland
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=8502
>>386455951
I'm assuming that this is a baseline competent pyro versus a baseline competent demo or soldier

what more is the pyro meant to do? Even if he has perfect reflect timing, he can't reflect a rocket that isn't there.
>>
>>386456118
the best way to counter a pyro as a soldier is by pulling out the shotgun
a close combat weapon
when the pyro is the king of close combat

>the soldier is going to kill it faster
this is why I say you are considering pyros are retarded

pushing the soldier around with the airblast, even if there are no rockets, messes their aiming badly and you are forgetting that pyros move faster than them. Even if you are not confident you can run away perfectly from their shotgun.
>>
>>386455583
>shoot them with rockets while their flamethrower is not equipped
Reserve shooter and degreaser.
what do now, American?
>>
>>386456841
shoot you with shotgun and win because i have more hp
just leave because you have among the worse mobility in the game and arent worth time when i could be killing classes that actually matter
>>
>>386457084
>Pyro has the worst mobility in the game
you what? So did you ignore Sniper, Heavy, and medic without Quick Fix?
>>
Has trading moved on to automated services these days?
I need a Brigade Helmet badly, but I've been out of the game for 2/3 years.
>>
>>386413762
Don't forget
>Fully charged shots are an AOE
>Extinguishes teammates on fire
>>
File: caadaadofgngighhjnh.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
caadaadofgngighhjnh.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
>>386456354
>the best way to counter a pyro as a soldier is by pulling out the shotgun
a close combat weapon when the pyro is the king of close combat
>king of close combat
He isn't actually. Multiple classes are better than Pyro at close range combat.
The Shotgun's DPS is comparable to the Flamethrower's at all ranges except point blank, and outranges it. And not all combat in a Soldier-Pyro matchup takes place at close range, because the pyro has to actually get in close first.

Let's say the Pyro with PERFECT reflect timing is running at the Soldier wielding the Flamethrower. Soldier pulls out Shotgun and shoots Pyro as Pyro is approaching. If Pyro chooses to swap to Shotgun to compete with this, not only is he putting himself into a mirror matchup where he has 25 less HP, but he's also giving up the only advantage he ever had.
>pushing the soldier around with the airblast, even if there are no rockets, messes their aiming badly
Pushing Soldier around with the airblast pushes him outside the range at which your primary weapon actually does damage to him, and you can't airblast and burn at the same time.
You're "messing his aiming badly" but rockets have splash so they aren't really that hard to land on a Pyro who was just in front of you, and when he lands, he can just keep shooting.
>Even if you are not confident you can run away perfectly from their shotgun
Running away is functionally identical to losing the game, if there's an important objective at stake.

So, TLDR, a competent Pyro is at a disadvantage to a competent Soldier.
>>
>>386459504
>Airblasting is useless when RL has splash dmg
Well, at that point, you'd be reflecting the rockets, right?
>>
TF2 would be better without Engineers and Snipers
Prove me wrong
>>
>>386460437
It would be better without Engineers, Snipers and Medics.
>>
>>386460437
engys and pyros****************
please dont diss the sniper
>>
>>386460279
I momentarily forgot we were talking about Shotgun. Although with Rocket Launcher once the Pyro has puffed you, there's nothing at all to stop you from firing a rocket since airblast has a firing interval, just like everything else.

But the thing to remember is this. If you're bouncing Soldier around with airblast you aren't damaging him, just knocking him out of range; and while it's harder for him to aim, he can damage you.
And in the time while you're running towards the Soldier as Pyro with your Flamethrower trying to get into its tiny effective range, he has a full 6 shots to kill you with before you even get close enough for the first puff. If the Pyro's skill level is high enough to perfectly reflect everything, the Soldier's skill level is high enough to Shotgun down a Pyro who is walking at him.
Pyro is at a disadvantage no matter how you look at it, because it's got small range and no gapcloser.
>>
File: team fortress 2.jpg (101KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
team fortress 2.jpg
101KB, 1280x1024px
>>386460437
Engineers do cause stalemates, which is bad, but his Sentry aimbot stops every game from degenerating into a repetitive Scout Zerg Rush where 6 scouts all run at the objective at the same time, and his buildings encourage teamwork to use, maintain and defeat, which is good.

Sniper is annoying and low-counterplay, which is bad, but he counters Heavies and makes burst picks that people can push off and speed up the game, which is good.

At the end of the day I don't want any classes removed. Just improved.
>>
File: Sniper_marxman.png (320KB, 658x745px) Image search: [Google]
Sniper_marxman.png
320KB, 658x745px
>give up i'm awful
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>386460653
Well, I wasn't samefag, you were talking with, just saw a little hole in argumentation haha. I 100% agree with you, tho
>>
File: avatars.jpg (143KB, 460x523px) Image search: [Google]
143KB, 460x523px
>>386461758
fair enough
>>
>>386461637
One Sniper to another mate, GIVE! UP!
>>
is anybody still playing?
>>
>>386460437
And then we can get rid of spies too.
>>
File: 138.gif (68KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
138.gif
68KB, 300x100px
>>386463427
if you mean me and some of /v/, yes
if you mean TF2 in general, 1,700,000 people played TF2 in the last 2 weeks https://steamspy.com/app/440
if you mean "is there a populated /v/ server up", then you should check out the Party Van, a US TF2 custom map server which fills up at 3PM PST: >>386399195
>>
im a gays
>>
File: tf custom maps.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tf custom maps.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>i lived to witness the glory that was playing EuroPartyVan, Party Van and Fort Wars servers with /v/
I love you guys
>>
>>386438545
>>386438901
The funny thing is TF2 is still full of bullshit even with grenades removed
>>
>Eviction Notice still has no bleed effect
>>
>>386465392
true to some extent, but grenades made things worse
they were removed for a variety of reasons:
>players were relying on a generic attack shared between classes instead of an attack unique to their class, making the experience of playing different classes too similar
>many grenades spammed into a small room made it impossible to avoid taking damage, no matter how good you were
>grenades' high burst balanced only by fuse times meant you could instantly die just by walking around a corner at an inconvenient time
>people would spam grenades when they knew they were going to die in order to pick up a cheap posthumous kill

though I miss unique grenades somewhat, it's good that allclass frag grenades were removed
>>
>>386448842
>What is splash damage
>he genuinely believes missing is harder than hititng
>>
>>386438545
>fuck generic grenades since they would just be spam, but class specific grenades add to the fun
I hated grenades but I agree.
>>
>>386466016
Even when you're good people dodge rockets at range. You don't actually dodge a sniper shot at any range, you just make him miss.
>>
File: just.jpg (8KB, 261x202px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
8KB, 261x202px
>>386464010
>tfw being european and wanting to be burgerfag for once, so i can play with the cool kids with a stable connection
>>
File: ausman.png (58KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
ausman.png
58KB, 750x750px
>>386468278
>tf2 being australian
>>
>>386468278
>>386468379
Can't even get good comp games as a Danish dude
>>
Thoughts on Kunai? I can never seem to get it to work
>>
>>386469476
because nobody wants to play it for these reasons >>386436864
until Valve fixes them (they said they would in Pyro Update) we'll have no luck with valve comp, it's totally dead in australia

in the meantime just play community comp
http://playcomp.tf/
>>
>>386469658
it's Spy's second least used Knife
the Big Earner basically does its job of getting chainstabs better, since Big Earner provides its speed boost and cloak boost in exchange for only 25HP, while Kunai provides a heal boost in exchange for 55HP. You can see how unequal that is

so my thoughts would be to switch to stock, spycicle, or big earner.

I want Kunai to be buffed to have +15% jump height on wearer. It would buff a downgrade weapon, be fun, match the weapon's ninja theme, and let Spy do skillful crazy shit.
>>
>>386436864
>there's lots of script kiddy ""hackers"" ruining games who don't get banned
Oh, but instead you could play casual, where you get the added fun of being votekicked for trying to remove hackers.
>>
>>386470375
that's the skiddies themselves in many instances, they have 6+ copies of tf2 running at once so they can manipulate votekicks
>>
>>386470759
How does that work? I've never noticed the team being mostly bots.
>>
>>386470962
lmaobox got updated to support botnets (I think that's the right word) some time two years ago, which means you can run the hack on multiple copies of tf2 on one computer in unison

then when the skiddie wants to kick someone, he just orders all his bots to vote yes
>>
>>386471593
I guess what I mean is, do they really have bots set up to just play the game normally?
>>
>>386472457
Depends on whether the skiddie is trying to hide that he's hacking or not, really.
>>
>>386436757
My only sin while getting uber'd is going after sentries, even if they're being wrangled.
I just want to make some effective progress, mang.
>>
>>386472652
What does it look like, though? I saw the cat-bots, but they were horribly obvious.
>>
>>386418065
That's /v/ funposting outside of our containment crib.
>>
>>386472876
If they're doing it well, it pretty much looks like normal gameplay by good players, you can't discern it's cheating other than in spectate.
but since they're looking for a reaction, blatant cheating is more common.
>>
I feel conflicted about the Spy balance Valve is doing.
Ambassador's nerf was long due. A good decision in my opinion.
Dead Ringer's changes seem, I don't know, pointless. I don't think they changed anything concrete.
YER's changes, though, are absolutely retarded. The only reason they gave is: "it's spy's least used knife so we changed it". Yeah, in something even worse, holy shit. People will ignore it even more.
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.