[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy this game without playing any of the other resident evils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: Capture.png (57KB, 637x156px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
57KB, 637x156px
>buy this game without playing any of the other resident evils
>play on hard mode, jill's campaign
>eventually decide to stop playing
>notice I've been playing for nearly 7 hours straight
>it never even crossed my mind

Jesus Christ this game is good. I just finished the snake boss, not even that far in and it's already taken up my entire day. I was absolutely not expecting that.

Can we get some kind of resident evil thread? This shit is great.
>>
File: REmake Jill fireplace room.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REmake Jill fireplace room.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>>386394443
Glad you're liking it.
Couldn't have picked better game to start either. REmake is an undeniable classic in many different ways: The one true, complete remake of already good classic, that managed to improve the original in every way, and one of the best games in its own genre.

Glad you started with Jill first too. Her campaign just flows better and nicely leaves more stuff as a secret at first, while her personal skills and gadgets do help first timers get the hang of the gameplay a bit better. I do hope you're playing with the Traditional 3D controls though; the new casual 2D controls totally break the game at worst.

After playing REmake a few times, I could recommend checking out the OG RE1, just to see how much they changed and overhauled everything in REmake.
Just do not make the mistake of playing the "Director's Cut - Dual Shock Edition", which has legendarily bad new soundtrack. The very original Resident Evil, "normal" Director's Cut, and the Nintendo DS port are all good options.

I do understand if you just want to "continue" the saga after REmake though, and RE2 is an absolute must play. No major gameplay differences really, but a bit changed tempo. RE3 is practically more of the same, but with lots of "invisible" choices and randomizer effects, plus one of the most iconic vidya villains, ever.

Before RE4, there'd be the RE: Code Veronica, which isn't one of my favorites, but is direct continuation to 1 & 2's events. If you're interested in the plot and series' cast, you need to check it out somehow.
RE4 on the other hand, is the big turning point of the whole series, taking it to more action-oriented direction. Which wasn't bad at all at first, but the later sequels kinda lost their way.
>>
>>386395316
So is Resident Evil 0 any good? That's the one I saw alongside REmake but never personally played it. I was going to either go to that or RE2 after this one.

And yeah, I'm using the original tank controls.
>>
>>386394443
After you're done with Resident Evil, do check out its more sinister and twisted "younger cousin", the Silent Hill -series.
Practically the same gameplay, but rather than cheesy B-movie splatter-horror, you get some disturbing, more psychological, atmospheric scares. Plus more mature, multi-layered stories.

You can play the series golden-age games, 1-4, on PC. The later sequels were made by random western teams, and are really not related nor worth playing.

Here's the handy SH PC Guide + the DL links:

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.

SH2-4 do not support Xinput gamepads. Either use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can now see some decent emulator settings for SH1 as well in the guide. If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin AND GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Also give the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.
>>
>>386395581
RE0 is fine - REmake and RE0 are basically back to back must plays.

RE2 and RE3 are great follow ups

RE1 on PS1 to appreciate the differences because it's still a good game despite its voice acting.
>>
File: re zero promo.jpg (2MB, 3622x3610px) Image search: [Google]
re zero promo.jpg
2MB, 3622x3610px
>>386395581
>So is Resident Evil 0 any good?
I liked it, yeah.
It was the very last "traditional" RE-game, before RE4 made the series into 3rd person shooter-ish experiences.

Some folks criticize Zero for being quite unnecessary and pointlessly complicated, even tad retconning story-wise. The 2-man party system together with the new inventory management also seems to split the fanbase.
>>
>>386394443
The only bad thing about REmake is the rest of the series, except for RE4, will feel like trash compared to it.
>>
Even after countless playthroughs, I find myself replaying the OG RE and SH games every once in a while.

Screw the graphix-whores, tank-control haters, and Jewdiepie-bait modern "horror" vidya watchers; These titles are evergreen and pure horror gold!
>>
>>386395679
>Plus more mature, multi-layered stories
I hate SH2 just for this, the series never recovered from the "the real evil is in you" meme, even if it's a damn good game otherwise. There hasn't been a game as terrifying and atmospheric as SH1 ever since it came out.
>>
>>386395987
>rest of the series, except for RE4, will feel like trash compared to it.
Fuck off. RE2 and 3 are almost as great as REmake.
>>
>>386396143
I liked the first person portions of SH4 - thought they were creepy
>>
>>386395737
Don't forget RE1's incredible live action cutscenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x711B_0pLjM
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
Just here to say that Code Veronica, 5 and 6 may not be fan favorites but they are still pretty gud
>>
File: Nosferatu23232.jpg (25KB, 532x434px) Image search: [Google]
Nosferatu23232.jpg
25KB, 532x434px
>>386396463
Code Veronica is great, it has the best enemies of the entire franchise.
>>
>>386396463
true that.
Im gonna be the first to call them better than RE7.
>>
File: UmbrellaConspiracy1.jpg (88KB, 627x1031px) Image search: [Google]
UmbrellaConspiracy1.jpg
88KB, 627x1031px
i really enjoyed the books. I wish they'd re-release it with some minor changes and the Lisa Trevor stuff added in
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.