[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It wasn't complete shit but it wasn't good, either.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 1320493823049.jpg (14KB, 288x345px) Image search: [Google]
1320493823049.jpg
14KB, 288x345px
It wasn't complete shit but it wasn't good, either. What did /v/ think of Heavy Rain?
>>
>>386379957
>>
>>386379957
I enjoyed myself, meme song was funny, writing was pretty terrible in places, but the twist cuaght me off guard. too bad the writing wasnt as hilariously crap as fahrenheit
>>
>>386379957
>>
>>386379957
It was complete shit but it wasn't good, either.
>>
>>386379957
Beyond two souls is funnier
>>
File: 1344433132028.jpg (17KB, 227x288px) Image search: [Google]
1344433132028.jpg
17KB, 227x288px
one of my favorite games, loved it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>386379957
it was ok but extremely flawed. i really like some aspects of it, like the mood and how unique it was for the time. but the bad parts stuck out like a sore thumb, and the story is hugely disappointing
>>
>>386379957
This game is a comedy masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy44s_de15Y
>>
i like how some things radically altered the story

imagine if that was in an actual video game
>>
It had choices that fucking matter at least unlike those dumb Telltale games. David Cage games are if nothing else interesting experiments, albeit way overproduced.
>>
File: indigo_prophecy_qte.jpg (25KB, 450x281px) Image search: [Google]
indigo_prophecy_qte.jpg
25KB, 450x281px
>>386379957
Easily Cage's best game imo, even if it's in a popcorny way.

Partly because someone finally pulled the reigns and convinced him to drop the original idea he had for a supernatural twist halfway through.

And the mystery angle of the story adds a bit of tension, even if the character moments can be stilted and awkward.
>>
>>386380771
> be woman
> show T&A all thefucking time

'stilted' is a generous way of describing some of the character writing.
>>
>>386379957
Such a good movie not even joking me and mymGF played thes like we were watching a movie for a whole day or so
>>
>>386379957
Indigo prophecy was better
>>
Cage's best attempt. It has some cool stuff in it (I liked the trials, especially the 3rd and 4th ones.) But the twist is fucking retarded.

Cage seems like a good idea's guy but he really needs someone to fucking reign him in before he starts throwing in random bullshit for the sake of it, like the AI in indigo prophecy. He almost got it into Heavy Rain but it was pulled out near the end which is why Ethan's blackouts make no sense. To anyone who doesn't know Ethan and Scott were suppose to develop a psychic link when the kid gets killed at the start,
and when Ethan has blackouts and made a origami it was also when Scott was killing a kid.
>>
>>386381990

First time I heard Theory of a Deadman.

Then I seduced my ex girlfriend and plowed that slut.

Heavy Rain was 7/10
>>
It was decent. I feel it did part of what could be a great game if taken and incorporated into a game with actual gameplay on top.
>>
>>386380184
Fahrenheit is much much funnier than two soulds
>>
>>386379957
>No DBZ fight between a warlock and a zombie
Indigo prophecy was better
>>
File: Omikrooon.png (837KB, 1025x606px) Image search: [Google]
Omikrooon.png
837KB, 1025x606px
>>386381457
The best female character Cage wrote was the cop from Indigo Prophecy, and even she opted for the damsel in distress role in the end so she could fulfill her dreams of necrophilia.
>>
File: 5687.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5687.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>386381990
Indigo Prophecy started out genuinely great.

But jumped the shark so much harder.
>>
>>386383597
yeah, only the first 20 minutes of fahrenheit were the only GOOD piece of game that hack made. In fact it's too good I have severe doubts if he was involved at all.

it's funny, because the first 20 minutes where really really fucking good, very innovative even.
>>
>>386380356
I was mad at life until I saw the video thanks anon
>>
>>386379957
It was complete shit. I literally killed somebody in the course of the game and they never even mentioned it again. I just killed a guy and nobody ever found out nor did the main character feel guilty nor did the writer even bother to drop any hint, however small as to what came of it.
>>
Last time I played Heavy Rain was in early High School. It's been 8 years since then. Is it worth replaying? I remember nothing but Shelby is the killer.
>>
>>386386156
I suppose that depends on whether or not you enjoyed it the first time.
>>
>>386386484
I did. But as I said, i played it in early High School. You don't have a sense of good writing at that point in your life.
>>
>>386379957
>>
>>386386874
Not him; I had a good idea of what writing was as a young high schooler and I enjoyed it at the time. I'm thinking of firing up the ol fax machine and playing it again, and this thread was the final nail.

Thanks, /v/!
>>
>only black character in the game is a stereotypical huge-lipped thug whose first line of dialogue is "HEY CRACKA!"
>only Hispanic character is a rapist druglord with a terrible fake accent
>only Indian character in the game runs a convenience store
>all three characters are voiced by the same white guy
Racist piece of shit game.
>>
File: mariofun.png (169KB, 326x362px) Image search: [Google]
mariofun.png
169KB, 326x362px
>>386380356
Amazing
>>
i remember enjoying it somewhat while playing it. Nothing about the game (bar the shower scene) stuck in my memory tho so it couldnt have been anythin special.
>>
>>386387295
who cares? personally it bothers me more when black people are constantly portrayed as intellectual warriors of light and reason, as you know that's never the fucking case irl.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.