[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I growing out of games? I can't play a game for more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Depressed man.jpg (12KB, 456x342px) Image search: [Google]
Depressed man.jpg
12KB, 456x342px
Am I growing out of games?

I can't play a game for more than 30 minutes before getting bored, I've tried revisiting my old favorites but nothing does the trick. I've tried playing games from different gens and genres, but nothing clicks. I've completed only a few games in the last year or two.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
>>
>>386362650
I felt and think the same way until I find an actual good game that prove otherwise. Okami and of recently Hollow Knight were such examples.
>>
>>386362650
I've been that way for a while. Every once in a while something great will hold my attention for a long time, most recently axiom verge.
I combat this by having open files on several different games and just playing some of each. Right now playing Axiom Verge, MGSV, Titan Souls, and an occasional round of Democracy 3 or tf2
>>
>>386363187
That's what I've been doing. I have save files for a dozen different games, but sometimes I don't feel like coming back for months and I forget what happened in the story and generally how to even play the game, which puts me off even more.
>>
>>386363389
Try for more indie games where the story isnt really important, its just about good gameplay/music/atmosphere
VVVVVV, GoNNER, Heavy Bullets, Electronic Super Joy, Super Meat Boy are a few from skimming my steam library
>>
>>386363808
I guess I'll have to try some of those.

I think a part of my problem is that I played "competitive" games for quite a few years at a pretty high level, so I'm used to going into a match and using 100% of my concentration for 45 minutes straight, every second having something to think about and having to make a decision, but now that I want to relax, I can't.
>>
>>386362650
OP, I don't know how to tell you this, but you have the gay
>>
>>386362650
>Anyone else in a similar situation?
Considering we get threads like this every day I'll say yes.
>>
>>386364549
That's quite shocking to hear.
>>
>>386362650
Yes and no, what helped for me was playing less games, alternate it with different shit, but even then, it never got back to the level I once enjoyed, good luck brother
>>
File: 1482325588448.jpg (18KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482325588448.jpg
18KB, 500x375px
>>386362650

OP, it's called you're either depressed, need to play a genre with more depth or you need to take a long break. Also, maybe try cleaning up everything first, I find vidya is much easier to concentrate on in a clean, organized environment.

No one "grows out of" vidya, not when the average age of a gamer is nearing 34. Hell, I've known people who play vidya into their late 60's
>>
Buy a VR or get into mobile gaming , mobile gaming is designed to be addictive and VR is just awesome.
>>
>>386362650
You haven't been playing good games. Old games don't do the trick because you know them inside. Try properly researching and find amazing games you missed. Dragons Dogma is the best game I've played this year because I did this
>>
>>386366579
Trust me, I've tried pretty much everything. I really feel like Dragon's Dogma would be my thing but I just can't bring myself to play it for more than a few minutes.
>>
>>386366785
You've really got to try harder. Go through each console you own's Wikipedia games list and look at all of them. PC as well, although that's a bit harder
>>
>>386362650
I'm an oldfag and most games, when it comes to gameplay, feel like pointless unfulfilling trivial masturbation or outright chore. Maybe some games have an interesting story but there's better mediums for that.

The only, but a big exception is fighting games. They are simultaneously frustrating, hard and stressful (playing online against other people, that is) and intensely cool, fascinating and rewarding. I'm not sure how should I explain how they are different and how they don't feel pointless like other games to me, but on some level I would compare them to something like chess or even sports except that they have much greater aesthetics to them (an extremely important part). There's a genuine feeling of self-improvement compared to single player games.
>>
>>386362650

>Am I growing out of XYU
What are you, 12?
You overdid something and need a break, wow.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.