[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So will the next RE game be horror or action? I think the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 13

File: Jbaker.png (505KB, 654x439px) Image search: [Google]
Jbaker.png
505KB, 654x439px
So will the next RE game be horror or action?

I think the series might be on the path to destruction seeing how it seems everyone just wants RE6 again.
If Capcom listens then RE might just become a full on action series.
If that happens then it might be fucked.
>>
It needs more muscled men, who cares about zombies etc. Actions and muscles, thats my Resident Evil.
>>
>>386351004
It should be a dancing game
>>
File: tumblr_n2ftgeMzR91sl7lljo1_500.gif (148KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2ftgeMzR91sl7lljo1_500.gif
148KB, 500x251px
>>386351081
How sad it is that this legit what a lot of the fanbase wants.
>>
>>386351004
Hopefully the next RE game is REmake 2, which better be exactly like REmake, or I'm pretty sure there'll be riots.

As for RE8...Well despite the bullshit you see on /v/, VII was well received and praised by many critics. It also sold as well as they expected, so I don't see why they wouldn't continue down the road of making it mostly horror based again.
>>
File: 1501886114907.gif (1MB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1501886114907.gif
1MB, 192x192px
>>386351305
God I hope your right anon.
And I was mostly talking about what RE8 will be like.
If RE2 Remake isn't a horror game then ill riot.
>>
>>386351004
>it seems everyone just wants RE6 again
said no one ever
>>
File: 1501678158367.jpg (16KB, 320x460px) Image search: [Google]
1501678158367.jpg
16KB, 320x460px
>>386351737
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7-Mx99kAsE
Look at the fucking comments are try not to kill yourself.
>>
>>386351004
>If Capcom listens then RE might just become a full on action series.
It already was. RE5 and RE6 were full on action games, which was the main reason why they had a lot of haters.

Personally I've enjoyed every single mainline / numbered RE for different reasons, but I really liked RE7 and I'm hoping they keep going in that direction. RE2 took RE1 and went even further with the sci-fi horror and dramatic large-scale apocalyptic atmosphere and that is exactly what I want to see with RE8. Or hell, just reboot the series and have it start you in Raccoon City again, but now in first person. I would be in my fucking glory.
>>
File: ya winning, son.jpg (52KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ya winning, son.jpg
52KB, 1200x675px
>>386351004
>still no word about RE2 remake or Not A Hero DLC

Capcom abondoned this franchise.
>>
File: 1501640303831.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501640303831.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>386351891
No for god sakes dont reboot I don't want ever gaming franchise to be rebooted or remade like Hollywood keeps doing to all there films.
>>
File: 1437495090653.jpg (14KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1437495090653.jpg
14KB, 251x241px
>>386351853
>urge to comment on every single reply telling them how wrong they are
>>
>>386352105
As long as we get some urban apocalyptic horror again, that's all I want. Even if it means rebooting us back into Raccoon City.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>There will never be a tank control + fixed angle video game again in your timeline

Not even Indie devs are considering this type of gameplay, survival horror is lost.
>>
File: ETHAN WINTERS MODELO 3D.jpg (155KB, 994x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ETHAN WINTERS MODELO 3D.jpg
155KB, 994x1600px
Mainline Resident Evil will not go back to Action, they said as much.

RE6 sold 4.8 mil on launch, they wanted 7 mil.
RE7 sold 3.5 mil on launch, but they also only aimed for 4 mil.

Yeah, they pissed off people with RE7, but if they go backpedal now they will piss off even MORE people. Even if a new game is good an even more fragmented fanbase is never a good thing. What might happen however is that a spin-off Resi gets a bigger push because they see the outcry for more action, which isn't really a bad thing. The WORST thing that can happen is if they start getting cold feet and flip flop back and forth with mainline.

They need to stick to their guns now. You have to remember that games like Devil May Cry 3 sold like shit at first because people were so angry with DMC2. And RE5 sold way better than RE4 because of RE4 afterglow.
>>
>>386353225
We just gotta hope man.
Here's to praying RE2 Remake and RE8 are the horror games we need,
>>
honestly i had so many problems with resident evil 6 that i still haven't even got round to playing resident evil 7, i've quite enjoyed the revelations games though and hoep they keep making them (but we don't need the episodic breakup shit)
>>
>>386353225
RE5 sold way better than RE4 because it's a way better game.
>>
File: 1499193404851.jpg (169KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
1499193404851.jpg
169KB, 457x381px
>>386353490
>>
I remember dropping the series after 5. Forcing a co-op character with shitty item management made it unplayable. far as I'm concerned the mainline series is dead. The game was fucking awful.

REmake2 will be the saving grace.
>>
File: RE3.jpg (458KB, 1407x1405px) Image search: [Google]
RE3.jpg
458KB, 1407x1405px
>>386351004
Resident Evil feels like a series that wasn't mean to progress past 1998. The older story was rather simple and self-contained. Everything past Code Veronica could easily be an alternate universe altogether.
>>
>>386353931
Is that including Code: Veronica?

Because CV is where shit started getting crazy.

4 was the nail in the coffin for the classic sense of RE.
>>
I hope that RE8 is RE7 but with a host T-Virus enemies and an urban/industrial setting.
>>
>>386353931
>>386354010
to be honest I feel resident evil 3 was where the series started to "branch out" so to speak, I know it's kinda silly to think just 2 games in such a large franchise are the authentic ones but I think the recurring nemesis fights + the action dodging in 3 was the start of the end haha
>>
>>386351004
Given that the last DLC will be a full blown horror experience from some of the PT team, I'll wait to see the reception to that.
>>
>>386351004
>everyone just wants RE6 again

what subhumans what that of all things. (Answer: the kind that don't have any business with RE)
>>
>>386354010
No, even though it had more action CV still had most of the original air/atmosphere/theme of the first 3 games. RE4 was where it split. I love the game, but it threw CV's ending completely out the window and went with something entirely different.
>>
>>386353225
they need a new IP already. this is like bringing back some sitcom from the 90s. just let it go. nothing even is left that resembles what the series once was and it's mutated so far beyond what it used to be. like William birkin.
>>
I honestly wouldn't mind if they went back to 4/5/6 style, just as long as it didn't suck like 6 did.
>>
>>386354450
not really. as soon as they had actual zombies riising from the grave that's when the series jumped the shark.
>>
RE8 should just be similar to RE7, but in a city environment like RE2 with two intertwining character stories if they're still doing the reboot thing. All they have to do is that and fix some of RE7's problems like the puzzles being too easy, more enemy variety, and not having the final area devolve entirely into RE4/5/6 shooty time. They also need to make it less geared towards VR. RE7 had some good parts to it, but it was so damn obvious they made the game with VR in mind and it probably would've been 1000x scarier had I shelled out the bucks for a headset.
>>
>>386355096
the vr nonsense troubles me to be honest, maybe one day we will be there but resident evil 7 is made a lot worse by this pandering and it doesn't even work particularly well in vr it still has all the same problems that had plagued this incarnation of vr since day 1
>>
Action RE is fine.
Survival Horror RE is fine.

What I have no fucking patience for are these insecure fucking half-steps like Revelations and Leons RE6 campaign. RE4 and RE5 might have horror elements but they very much understand that they are fucking action games. If you want to make a shooter with B.O.W enemies that's fine. But this sort of retarded dishonesty where the franchise tries to play pretend is something I have no patience for.

Make a clear cut between mainline RE7'like games and Action RE6 spin-offs.
>>
Remember that REmake and Zero's performance in 2015 and 2016 clearly showed that people want old RE back but Capcom can't reach that level of quality again with the talentless hacks they have at the company now, everyone talented like Mikami and Kamiya left
>>
>>386354603
They tried with Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>386353225
>implying capcom executives aren't chimps and can actually think of the consquences of splitting fanbases and moving back to action RE
>>
File: 1497284178436.jpg (28KB, 500x607px) Image search: [Google]
1497284178436.jpg
28KB, 500x607px
>>386351004

They should look back from 2-6 and see what made those games what they are.

With the RE2 Remake in the works they should at least consider things from that. Lots of people liked 2 so if anything it should be like the RE1 Remake. At the -most- they could probably just get away with making it the third person / re4 style camera if only to see the environments from a different perspective.

4 Shook things up in a good way, it added action while keeping the horror

5 tried to keep doing what 4 did, but it just had a little more action than horror. Then again for me it wasn't that scary since Dead Space came out before re5 did. If you played that before re5 then 5 probably wasn't even scary in comparison. (Fuckin ea shitting on visceral, ds 3 could've been as great as the first 2 games, but anyway)

6 was 75% action and 25% horror. Some things worked, other things they probably could have used in a different game. If it wasn't for the fact that each character campaign was different from each other in subtle ways it probably would've been hated a lot more. Leon's campaign feeling like a throwback to the older games is probably what helped it.

Chris's 'BSAA' campaign was alright, but it sucked his 'successor' Piers dies trying to save him, so I guess Chris is to be the next 'Barry' in a sense...badass old man chris in re8 or9 anyone?

Jake's was...interesting. Albert's son a protag...and he can attack zombies with his dad's old moves to boot. If they do it right Jake could potentially be a decent protag in a future Re game. Maybe they can have him go up against Alex from re revelations 2 since its been left open that she's 'survived'.

It was fine that they did the fps things for 7 to try new things but for people like me who've played most of the re games its a bit much of a change, granted I'll still get the game at some point.

Why can't capcom do a survey at least to see what people may like?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.