[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that it's all said and done, What did it do right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Now that it's all said and done,

What did it do right?

What could it have done better?
>>
>>386349090
>What did it do right?
Everything.

>What could it have done better?
Everything.
>>
If it just had twilight princess style dungeons and actual items instead of the runs, it would be the best game ever made.

If it had that and an actual weapon and armor crafting/upgrading/repair system using all the natural resources you find in the game it would be ascended elder god tier and would cause the industry to just collapse because nothing better could possibly be made.

/v/ loves to shitpost because it's mostly sony niggers but tbqh it's pretty close to being perfect as is.
>>
More interior segments.

Traditional items with varying stats. ie multiple findable hookshots, one has better reach but the other gets you there faster. Use this system to give a space in the inventory to every type of item. You can have one shield equiped, a rod, a pair of boots, a projectile (bow, boomerang, etc)

Traditional dungeons.

More enemy variety.

Better rewards for exploring (this is where having way more items comes in)

A pinch more rng. Maybe randomize some enemy stats or at the very least locations of camps

More focus on Zelda set pieces. The lost woods was a good start, but things like the dueling peaks should have gotten focus too. Make them more than just a spot on the map
>>
Unbreakable master sword, but have other swords available that are definitively stronger than it
>>
>>386349090
I'm at 116 shrines, 4 beasts, ~300 koroks. Still haven't beat the game.

I would have prefered more in-door locations. Also allow use to name Link differently, and make him left-handed again.
>>
>>386349090
>What did it do right?

Put SonyCucks on suicide watch

>What could it have done better?

Nothing. SonyCucks are still assmad to this day
>>
>>386349090

Dunno OP but I'll check back in at 200 posts to see the flaming rubble that this thread will become.
>>
>>386349090
Exploration is fun, and I like the shrine puzzles. I'd like to see a better enemy variety and better dungeons. The bosses kind of suck too, in both design and combat.
>>
I think the game would have been perfect if, instead of the Divine Beasts, dungeons were more akin to Zelda 1 and you kind of just stumbled upon them in the open world by chance. Instead of having drawn out story sequences that led you directly to them

I remember back when the first bits of gameplay were revealed, there was a segment where they were running through a field and came across some interesting architecture and threw out an off-handed comment like "What is this? Could there be a dungeon near by?"

That kind of set up my expectations for how dungeons would work, and the Divine Beasts don't do that at all
>>
>>386349090
Well it's not plagued by a 10 year long tutorial like Twilight Princess and Akyward Sword. There's also next to no handholding.
>>
I would have sacrificed the open world meme for better puzzle and boss battle design and made the dungeons harder to exploit all the physics engine has to offer

This game is good but not excellent, it needs a Majora's Mask to its Ocarina of Time
>>
>>386349090
Actual gameplay instead of sandbox shit
>>
>>386349896
lol, ok
>>
>>386349090
>what did it do right
Exploration, sense of scale, climbing
>what could it have done better
Enemy variety, better voice acting or just none at all, not being open world (subjective)
>>
>>386349345
TP has adequate, but not great dungeons. Hyrule Castle in BotW shits all over them.

https://youtu.be/BTsgWepH3GY
>>
>>386350114
I remember that exact moment. Got me really hyped for a concept that they didn't expand on at all.

Maybe that was their original plan?
>>
>>386349090
More Hyrule Castle-tier dungeons to explore in the overworld.
The weapon-system works well, but I'd rather see an upgrade-path type for any new games. Have one weapon for each weapon-type and ways to upgrade it throughout the overworld.
More traditional items, like Hookshot, Pegasus Boots, etc.

Otherwise they've done a great job with the game, as long as they improve on what they have I'll be happy.
>>
>>386349090
It's perfect.
>>
i just started, only 6 shrines in but the fact that they made 120 of them is kinda ridiculous. i wish they made more dungeons instead. everything else so far is nice
>>
>>386350678
Nah, they probably just meant a shrine was nearby
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.