[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, I've been seeing a LOT of hate fro SF V and MvC I,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: Ono.jpg (1MB, 2000x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Ono.jpg
1MB, 2000x1339px
Ok, I've been seeing a LOT of hate fro SF V and MvC I, with haters wanting the games to fail. You don't care about the livelihood of the pro players who put years of work into these games. Or the streamers and commentators who also work hard to provide you with content. You don't even care about how it could affect the games YOU like.

But I'll tell you this much. Look at this man right here, fucking LOOK AT HIM. This man begged for YEARS to be able to revive SF, only for Capcom to tell him no. He had to beg fans and journalists to convince Capcom it was even worth doing a fighter, and the entire development time was his own coworkers telling him daily that it was a bad idea, that the game won't sell, why not make a game that will make money? But he worked hard at it, out of his love, and passion fro Street Fighter, and fighting games, and for the fans. SF 4 was a fucking hit, and revived a dying genre back from the morgue. He managed to get SF V off the ground and is working his ass off to make a solid game for both the tourney players and the casuals to enjoy.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-11-yoshinori-ono-street-fighter-4-was-an-unwanted-child

Read that. That is what this man endured, for US, the FGC, for YOU, the casuals. He wanted us all to have Street Fighter and fighting games be back on the map. He worked so hard that he ended up getting hospitalized due to all the stress. So the next time you sit there, and think of posting how you want SF V to die, how you hope MvC I fails and that dbz anime fighter "wins"(win what, I don't know), how you despise "Crapcum". I want you to think of this man. Think of his smiling face, and you tell me, you fucking tell me if you can really be so heartless as to want his passion project, his life's work, his fucking magnum opus that he poured his blood, sweat, and tears into, if you really do want that to fail. Because if you do, you are truly a heartless fucking bastard.
>>
Amen OP. I agree, we really need to curb the negativity towards these games, it's not even fair desu. I think James Chen was right, why can't we just focus on being positive, instead of shitting on SF V so damn much?
>>
op is right, fuck the haters
>>
This is what one of the best SFV players has to say about the game

>5:31
https://youtu.be/pbQ31oOjiyc?t=5m31s
>>
haters get left the fuck behind
>>
You had me at 'I don't care'.
It's true, I really don't.
>>
>>386347408
>some random black guy says the game is shit
>well better agree with what he says

Come on, don't be a sheep, rise above.
>>
Do you really expect me to read all that shit
>>
File: 1373958320353.gif (3MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
1373958320353.gif
3MB, 352x240px
I can still be angry that the main green man still isn't in the game
>>
>>386347736
Yeah I do. If not, the least you can do is not shitpost SF V.
>>
>>386347520

You're right, I don't care about the livelihood of pro players. I hope they all end up working at McDonald's
>>
>>386346456
proplayers put way more years into SF4 though. Its selfish of them to make something new and force everyone to move on. It would be like forcing football players to play rugby or vice versa
>>
>>386346456
>Ok, I've been seeing a LOT of hate fro SF V and MvC I, with haters wanting the games to fail.

SF5 already failed, though.
>>
>hrrr he ended up hospitslized

He snd every other Japanese salaryman. He's not special. The principal in the school I was working at was hospitalised. That's the fucking work cultrure.
>>
>>386348138
But people are actively trying to kill it by shitposting it nonstop all over the internet as well as the youtube and twitch hate videos. It's like you get some sick ass pleasure out of trying to kill Ono's passion.
>>
>>386348176
>The principal in the school I was working at was hospitalised. That's the fucking work cultrure.

Did you later on try to sabotage his work and hope that the school system died off so he'd lose his job? That's what people are doing here with SF V.
>>
SF4 was a passion project with a huge financial risk attached to it. It HAD to be innovative, and it HAD to succeed. It was desperation that fueled the success of the game that would rejuvenate the FGC.

SFV, however, isn't. Capcom knew they had the community and casuals eating out of their hands, and had much less risk attached. Now it's all about E-sports. Worse still, it's about E-sports but has also been grossly tuned down in complexity and difficulty, leaving pros (the 'heros' of the FGC) stuck in a shitty situation of playing a really unsatisfying game because its the only way to make a living from the franchise.

MVC:I is in the same boat, with MVC3 being another revival project riding off the high of SF4's success, now it's plagued with complacency again. No risk, so here come re-used assets, same roster, lazy visuals, and paid shills.

I don't think I even need to remind everyone of the SFXT on-disc DLC bullshit, either. Capcom needs to learn a hard lesson from these games, and telling people what they THINK they want. They just spent all of this time learning and mastering SF4, a difficult game in its own right, what makes them think SFV will appeal to them? When Joe Schmoe can do optimal combos in a day, one has to question the depth the game has to offer.
>>
>>386348552
>SFV, however, isn't. Capcom knew they had the community and casuals eating out of their hands,

Wrong. Read this:http://www.gamesradar.com/yoshinori-ono-says-street-fighter-5-pc-ps4/

>“All this means that, with Street Fighter 5, we have a fantastic opportunity to create something with a larger scope, a game that encompasses all that Street Fighter has become in the last few years, but which also expands on that to become something it has never been before as well. So now we want to create something that nobody is expecting. It’s going to be a title that caters to fans, of course, but one that also invites completely new players onto the scene. Street Fighter 4 was about reviving a passion. Street Fighter 5 is about growing that passion.”

SF 4 was about reviving the genre. SF V is about GROWING it.
>>
>>386346456
>muh pro players, streamers and commentators
Not real jobs lol
>>
>>386348949
It's a bad game and I say this is a passionate, competitive fighting game player.

Almost every single one of Capcom's competitiors delivered better products, be it for casuals or tournament players.
It deserves to fail because it's a bad game and capcom is too afraid to rework the game into something good.
>>
>>386346456
>You don't care about the livelihood of the pro players who put years of work into these games.
I actually do a lot of physically tedious work in a real job and I've been doing it for years and I get paid chump change. So no, I don't care about a bunch of loser nerds who can't even lift more than 30 lbs acting like their investment into a leisurely activity is meaningful to society.

All this post does is ask "What about ME, what about THE RAVEN?!"
>>
File: 1469563162862.jpg (249KB, 1052x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1469563162862.jpg
249KB, 1052x1500px
How can I not hate MvCI? If I want to play the new characters I have to pay real money? Wtf. If the new characters are op like shit how do I compete?
>>
>>386347987
Having worked at McDonalds myself, I actually do hope that. I hope they actually find out what real frustration is like. Fuck them, playing games for a living is way more the easy life compared to that. I don't care how much "duress" you feel playing video games is, McDonalds is one of the worst jobs I ever experienced. So yeah, I do hope they get forced to get a job like that. A complete mismatch from the degree I'm SURE those pro video game players earned and just sat on to enjoy engaging in a hobby turned job and pretend the latter is such hard work like breaking a nail on their pretty little fingers.
>>
It's funny how the same people who complained about the SF community becoming too esports and invested time in SF instead of jobs are now the ones being forced to play a shitty game in order to support themselves
>>
>>386347408
>braindead Smug

No one cares
>>
The most insulting gaming for profit story comes in the form of HungryBox. He quit his 6(?) figure ENGINEERING job. To become a career gamer. Quitting a job that's productive for society, just so he could fellate himself in video games and act like society should feel the effects of his intense video game playing. Newsflash, some mere thousands of people watching a stream is not even close to the hundreds of millions of people living in the US, let alone the billions of people living on th planet. Not even fucking Smash Bros.
>>
>>386348236
>B-But people are criticizing my shit game
It's already dead from a sales viewpoint, what are you gonna do to stop it, buy more copies?
>>
>>386352592
How much money does he get from his gaming career?
>>
>>386352012
While I agree that people playing videogames don't experience much of a "struggle", they'll never land in that type of situation because people who become great at something, anything really, all have one thing in common - they're able to hone a skill over a long period of time and use critical thinking to improve.

McDonalds is for people without talents or ability to create one, there's literally no reason you should ever be forced to work for a company like that.
>>
>>386351452
MVCI is bull shit. It has no Assists, and doesn't have the characters Magneto, Storm, or Sentinel, and it supposed to be a "Marvel vs Capcom" game. It's not, it's a cashgrab.
>>
>>386352805
I don't know. I don't keep up with his performance in that. I'm sure he's getting paid millions for his oh so productive activities.
>>386352934
I don't care. When he "hones" that critical thinking for a job that means more to society, since work is something you do because it has to get done and that's why you get compensated for it, then I'll care, but fuck him. If he wants to get paid just to fellate himself in video games, then fuck him even more. All it does is encourage more people to fellate themselves in video games. I'm even for playing video games to "enhance your thinking" or whatever but if you're doing nothing with that skill outside fellating yourself, then fuck you.

Don't whine that you should be getting money for masturbating.
>>
File: 1475501751471.png (620KB, 603x926px) Image search: [Google]
1475501751471.png
620KB, 603x926px
i play SFV all the fucking time but MVCI is an insult to anyone who has been a fan of the series for more than ten minutes. its a travesty and doesnt deserve to do well.
>>
>>386353350
the fuck is your obsession with fellatio? You gay nigga?
>>
>>386354961
Why do you ask? Do you want me to fellate you?
>>
>>386353350
>since work is something you do because it has to get done and that's why you get compensated for it
Idealistic view which is admirable but not accurate.
You need to understand that whenever someone gets paid for it, there's a market for it.
They don't magically get paid to do unproductive things without any reason (barring fraud), the service they provide is entertainment and it's worth as much as they're getting paid for.
>>
>>386355115
>You need to understand that whenever someone gets paid for it, there's a market for it.
You know what, I'm all for people getting money out of something. If he wins money out of playing video games, I'm not going to complain. But if you're going to whine that you should be getting more out of it, then I don't care.
If there's a "market" for it as you so say, the people making the payouts would deem it worthy of paying him more as possible incentive to keep the so-called market going.
>>
https://youtu.be/21sBsyxHPAE
>>
>>386346456

>livelihood of the pro players

Fuck you, that faggot combofiend eas most likely responsible for bringing Spencer back when we could've had literally anybody else
>>
File: 61888127_p1_master1200.jpg (603KB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
61888127_p1_master1200.jpg
603KB, 750x1200px
>>386346456
Not taking into consideration the gameplay, which i personally don't like at all, Sf5 launched in a extremely lackluster state and it took almost a fucking year to add some more content to casuals and to fix the fucking lobbies. a month or 2 is already enough to fuck up a game's future but they took all that time to add a story mode that no one wanted and make the lobbies not extremely shitty.

MvC:I just looks like shit. I was all in about the gem system because i actually like Marvel Super Heroes but the roster doesn't look anything special, not having the x-men was a big mistake.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.