[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If you don't like it, don't use it. Is this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

>If you don't like it, don't use it.

Is this a fair assessment?
>>
>Someone starts complaining about my main class being OP
>Tell them to just not play it
>They keep complaining anyway
>>
Based on what they're talking about.

If it's something like the Chicken hat, or the ZOE hand, which are clearly dumb, overpowered addons that is added to the game as an afterthought, then yeah, it's fair.

If it's something like, say, Reflex mode, something that's been designed to accomodate the wider, open world, and in turn, has had levels and scenarios designed with it in mind, then, not really. At that point, it becomes a flaw in the design of the game itself, assuming you don't like it.
>>
>>386334827
>puts in Chicken Hat, Hand of Jehuty, Quiet and Reflex Mode
>cut Battle Gear because it's overpowered

why kojima
>>
Same goes for Dishonored. If you want a stealth game then just simply don't buy the powers and don't kill anyone, just because the flashy kill animations and powers are there it doesn't mean you MUST use them.
>>
>>386334991
Levels are kinda designed around the use of blink, though. Not to say it isn't doable without
>>
>>386335094
>>386334991
Dishonored is the rare case where the levels and scenarios are designed with multiple playstyles in mind.

That's why I think it's a great game.
>>
>>386335094
They give you a shiny achivement for doing that, just git gud.
>>
No not really. people have the right to complain about things without having to resort to either not using it or not playing.

This is the exact type of argument that's similar to 'I'd like to see you do better'
>>
No, because you need a full staff to properly upgrade your equipment, which becomes essential when you get to the sahelanthropus boss fight
>>
File: 1493198442820.jpg (89KB, 1040x843px) Image search: [Google]
1493198442820.jpg
89KB, 1040x843px
>don't use blatantly overpowered techniques/weapons/ect
>feel like a complete retard anytime anything remotely challenging comes up because you know you're just making things hard on yourself

This is why KH2 sucks
>>
>>386334827
>Being so bad you actually need reflex mode
>>
>>386335262
I mean, I turned it off, but the game was clearly designed with it in mind.

>>386335216
That's why you play on Critical. No need to gimp yourself. Just need to git gud. It turns the game from a solid 7/10 to a 9/10.
>>
The burden of balancing a game should not be put on the player.

Almost all games are about life or death situations, playing the very best way you can makes the game more engaging. Selecting difficulties or disabling optional mechanics is one thing, but when you actively have to avoid game mechanics because they make the game less fun? That's bad game design.
>>
>>386334827
There isn't a single point in the game where reflex is even remotely necessary.
>>
>>386335360
>drives and limit forms are still complete get out of jail free cards
>basically every enemy can either be stunlocked with your absurdly long combos (particularly the CoM bosses) or are so slow and laggy they actually pose zero threat (and you can just limit to avoid their tough paterns), or are post-game superbosses
>reflect cheeses everything
>Stitch breaks every combo

There's so much shit that breaks KH2's already mediocre combat it's not even funny, even on critical.
>>
>>386334710
Hitman Absolution was unplayable without instinct. You could not actually do social stealth without it. Something which is basically the selling point of Hitman. It was all kinds of bullshit. No surprise they left it out of Hitman tm
>>
>>386334791

>Someone starts complaining about game being shit
>Tell them to just not play it
>They stop playing
>Steam score rises to 100% even if it's a shit game
>>
>>386334710
Yes unless it's multiplayer
>>
>>386334791
That makes no sense
>>
>>386334710
>Is this a fair assessment?
Not if the game revolves around.
>>
Stuff like the Fulton in MGSV or Objective Markers in Skyrim are absolutely essential to the game.

Yeah you can not use them but fucking nobody in their right mind would.
>>
You need to use fulton or your MB gets fucked.

They really should have come up with another system for this game. I bet no one has used the dumpsters or other body disposal spots in the game for anything else than a "oh right, you can do that" kind of thing rather than actually using them for their intended purpose. They might as well not be in the game since you can just dematerialize bodies with no drawbacks anyway.
>>
>>386335975
The whole motherbase and the farming/research shit kills the game.
>>
>>386335360
>but the game was clearly designed with it in mind
No, it wasn't.
>>
>>386336149
Yes, it was.
>>
>>386336107
I enjoyed it, but then again I enjoyed it in Peace Walker. I just like the idea of building the PF up into something tangible.
>>
>>386335360
>I mean, I turned it off, but the game was clearly designed with it in mind.
no it wasnt. reflex mode literally breaks the game
>>
File: 1472720267698.png (2MB, 800x810px) Image search: [Google]
1472720267698.png
2MB, 800x810px
>>386335954
>>386335975
To be honest the game gives you free soldiers as volunteers completing missions or FOBs, for exchanging PF points or FOB events points.
The ones you find in singleplayer sucks too.
>>
>>386336242
It really wasn't. You only use Reflex if you're a casual. You can beat missions without relying on it by just being good.
>>
>>386336304
You get way too few and too weak guys from that relative to how fast you can waste them on those phone game missions you send them on
>>
>>386336305
Not him but reflex mode was definitely implemented with it being the default in mind. KojiPro only made it optional after people specifically asked for it after seeing the GZ gameplay reveal.
>>
>>386334710
Not if it's something like Dark Souls, where people will pretend it's hard except you can completely break and trivialize the game and almost everyone ends up doing so once they understand the game mechanics.

Also, ideally there's a special ending or hard mode or some other thing where the game rewards you for not using easy mode
>>
>>386335954
You can get away with not using Fulton, as the game progressively gives you higher level staff throughout the game anyway. You can equip the lowest level Fulton if you must use it, as enemies become more adept they're much more savvy in shooting them down, so you have to think about how and when you Fulton. You could also do some mission runs using only the helicopter to exctract units or putting them in vehicles. Just takes discipline.

You will however have to use Fulton if you plan to 100% or take certain containers. Same if you wish to compete in FOBs.

It's not essential to enjoyment and completion of the game but it is essential to 100% it.
>>
>>386334710
>>If you don't like it, don't use it.

No, because the game was designed with it in mind.
>>
>>386335975
>>386336107

The MB and rec collection stuff added hugely to my enjoyment of the game, but you're right in that theres tons of gameplay options that never has any incentive to be used.

MGSV is weird. It's hugely rewarding if you play with restrictions and allow for creativity in mind, but the gameplay systems and items reward pure laziness. Why take your time infiltrating when you can just tranq snipe everyone and have Quiet take care of the rest. The game is so much more fun at the beginning than it is at the end.
>>
>>386336304
You still have to do shit like grind F.O.B event points which isn't much better.

Also, the problem with the Fulton isn't just the need to recruit soldiers, it's the fact that it's the most ridicolous get out of jail free card when it comes to getting rid of bodies. Oh yeah sure you can go and hide bodies in potty's and dumpsters, or you can just bring a supressed tranq sniper and literally have soldiers disappear into the sky. They try to remedy this with soldiers shooting the balloon, but it's still way too forgiving; also once you get the wormhole it's GG ez.

Not to mention the whole fucking thing of how the game basically has no bigger indoor areas because it has to assume you might want to fulton soldiers. I love silly shit in Metal Gear but the Fulton Recovering System is the most ridicolous deus ex machina shit ever.
>>
>>386334710
Not for some game. BF1 for example I play without friendly/enemy 3D spots. It's pretty much disadvantageous and you can never counter them properly as they will see you no matter where you are.
>>
>>386336727
One problem with restricting yourself is that the game is clearly designed around having a strong loadout and using supply drops to get any gear you might need mid mission. If you use Infinite Heaven to get Subsistence mode on every level in 99% of cases you'll end the mission with an AK and some grenades at best. There's almost never any interesting weapon or item to find in the level itself. In GZ on hard mode you could at least find an MRS rifle instead of the generic mook rifles and a sniper rifle, etc.. There's hundreds of items in the game but in the actual missions you encounter probably less than 10 of them.
>>
File: 1lbsg9.jpg (40KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1lbsg9.jpg
40KB, 543x405px
MGSV would have worked better with some kind of extracting tag system instead of fultons.

You walk up to enemies and put some kind of DD tracker tag on them, and after the mission is finished your ninja diamond dogs sweep in and extract every thing you've put a tracker on. Meaning that while the mission is still in effect these enemies/vehicles are still a threat.

Maybe it sounds stupid but I think the gameplay would have felt more balanced this way.
>>
>>386336562
Pretty sure that the MB requirements needed to see the ending of the game would be ridicously hard to get without fulton.
>>
>>386338081
Alternately: each extraction should run an increasing risk of raising the alert level, even if out of sight/hearing range of guards. That way you can't just fulton everyone on the planet and gangplank their asses when they get to motherbase
>>
>>386335360
Critical mode doesnt feel very balanced, maybe thats just kh2 in general, sometimes its way to easy, like the normal combat and sometimes its bullshit hard like the stupid tron biking
>>
>>386334710
No, fultoning shitty soldiers is literally a waste of resources and doesn't really accomplish much if you actually know how to play the game. Git fucking gud
>>
>>386338081
>>386338434
they definitely should have had random Sovet/PF aircraft doing aerial recon that prevent fultons or chopper evac for a limited time, similar to to how the weather works
>>
>>386338584
no, what they did was provide economic incentive to spend those Fultons on something else ala Tanks, MGs, Mortars, Crates etc. You only ever should fulton the few elites per base
>>
>>386336276
Did you not play ground zeroes?
>>
>>386335262
Playing without it is shit because of the instant alarms when you get spotted. It should've been like MGS2 and 3 where the guard needs to radio in before the alarm goes off.
>>
>>386338567
>No, fultoning shitty soldiers is literally a waste of resources
>waste of resources
The "resources" are so abundant that it doesn't matter.
>>
File: fag.jpg (27KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
27KB, 310x310px
>>386338851
>he didn't play on Euro Extreme
>>
>>386338567
soldier skill scales with progress though so no matter how far through the game you are 4/5ths of soldiers are worth fultoning
>>
>>386336276
FOB

>>386338891
It's still a waste, and you only have so many Fultons before you need to request a reup and if your chopper is decked out that can cost a lot and take up time.

You're better off spending it on other things and if nothing else provides an explanation as to why it's so seemingly "overpowered"
>>
>>386338747
i was playing it right now actually.
>>
>>386338920
no, only a few elites. Most run of the mill soldiers will be well below your base average
>>
>>386334827
I turned off reflex mode and see through walls power at the beginning of thr game and it made everything more enjoyable. If only you could turn off health regen.
>>
>>386334827
>Designed around reflex mode
>Can turn it off the entire game
>>
>>386335591
Everything is broken good in KH2 until you no longer have the resources for it, who would've guessed.
>>
>fulton
>reflex mode
>not playing no traces only
I didn't know that /v/ was so casual.
>>
>>386334791
If it's a multiplayer game with competition of sorts I can understand the complaint, otherwise yeah it makes no sense.
Same for videogames in general, I'll never understand people who enter threads about games they don't like only to drop some shitpost or parroted complains of sorts and then get mad when they get called retards. Dude go play something you like instead what's wrong with you.
>>
>>386339003
>It's still a waste

Nope, he's right. Fultoning every soldier is basically the best tactic in the game, even if they suck extractions cost so little and you get so many fultons it basically doesn't matter. In the beginning the GDP can get costly but at that point you want all the soldiers you can get, and by the end the costs of fultons are a drop in the bucket.

Tranq>fulton>fire shit soldiers
Works way too well for the entire game.
>>
>>386334710
Yes. Nobody complains when there's an "easy" mode in a game but if the developer puts in things that are overpowered or game breaking then suddenly you're somehow obligated to use it?
>>
>>386339554
>Fultoning every soldier is basically the best tactic in the game,

nope, too expensive.

> the costs of fultons are a drop in the bucket.
But the cost of resupplying is not unless you gimp your chopper. Materiel is much more valuable end game to keep your FOB stats propped up. Combat deployments handle a steady flow of incoming high ranked soldiers making fultoning random shitters literally pointless
>>
>>386334710
No. The player shouldn't have to put artificial restrictions on themselves to make a game good. That should be reserved for games that are already good and the player wants more replayability by doing a challenge run, like a Zelda 3 hearts run.

But a game is defined by it's rules and if the player has to create their own rules to make the game good, then it's a shitty game.
>>
>>386339853
I sort of agree that its bad design to have to restrict yourself to enjoy a game, but if a game can be salvaged by those restrictions can you really say its an inherently bad game?
>>
>>386339554
> Fultoning every soldier is basically the best tactic in the game
Why would you fulton anything below S? And those are just 30% of all the soldiers on the field.
>>
>>386335169
The achievement is for not buying any upgrades except the first level of blink, not for not using blink. Idiot.
>>
>>386339706
>But the cost of resupplying is not unless you gimp your chopper.

Decking out your chopper is like the biggest waste of money ever anyway, and you won't run out very easily when you got like 48 fultons.
>>
>>386334710
Yes but it doesn't negate any critic at all or justify the mechanic in question.
>>
>>386334991
im just mad youre more rewarded for stealth so it sticks you between a rock and a hard place for being sneaky
>>
>>386334710
Depends on how the game is designed. If it's a major feature that the game is clearly designed around, then it's certainly not.

On the other hand, you have games like SC: Blacklist, where the game gives you an option of taking loud weapons and gadgets, but as the game also offers you equally big stealth arsenal and it's perfectly possible to stealth the levels, it would be kind of pointless to complain about the non-stealthy options. Sure, they are there and ruin the game if you use them, but ignoring them does zero harm to your playthrough so you can just pretend that they don't even exist.
>>
>>386335954
>Objective Markers in Skyrim
Yup, they are really a perfect example of a shitty feature that is impossible to ignore if you want to actually play the fucking game. Sure, you could remove them, but then the game gives you absolutely no directions to anywhere and you are left trying to find a needle in a haystack.
>>
>>386334710
Depends.
If a game resolves around it, it's shit.
Example: DOOM 2016 and it's corridor lockdown and promoting glory kills.

If it's multiplayer it's okay if you can disable it.
Example: GT5 Online where you can force cars to not have ABS, traction control, driving line etc.
>>
>>386334710
Companions are the stupidest fucking thing in the game. I refused to use any during my first attempt at any mission because it was too easy. How the fuck did anyone think making D-wolf that powerful was a good idea?
>>
People seriously underestimate the importance of balance in singeplayer games.

Imagine if Resident Evil 1 had 20 item slots instead of 6/8, inventory management would be a total joke.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.