[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm bored as fuck. What is the best Tales of game on pc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 41

File: Tales-of-Berseria.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tales-of-Berseria.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm bored as fuck. What is the best Tales of game on pc? I don't know anything about this series.
I'm downloading Berseria atm.
>>
nothing. Don't support faggot game for fujoshit. Let the series die. It suffered enough.
>>
File: 10.png (3MB, 1073x1841px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
3MB, 1073x1841px
>>386334085
Enjoy it anon. Just remember to not touch my princess.
>>
>>386334085
All the new Tales games are shit because they don't have an overworld map.
>>
For the limited time I could put up with Berseria wasting my time constantly I preferred Elenor to the entire rest of the cast.
>>
>>386334085
Tales of the Abyss. Go play it on a ps2 emulator.
>>
berseria by far don't bother with the rest on pc.
>>
>>386335021
this or i guess pirate eternia
>>
File: 1491067539127.jpg (45KB, 320x419px) Image search: [Google]
1491067539127.jpg
45KB, 320x419px
>>386334085
Berseria is. Pretty much all the Tales games after Vesperia are pretty questionable, Berseria only gets a pass because it has the best cast.
>>
>>386336016
do it faggot
best tales game
>>
>>386334508
I miss the overworld maps so fucking much. Hopefully the ps3 emulator works well soon so I can play Vesperia again.
>>
Just let tales die, it's become nothing but fujoshit. Berseria doesn't even begin to make up for Zestiria and Xillia 2.
>>
>>386335021
Don't listen to this anon. Abyss is the worst one.
>>
>>386334085
Don't fell for the jap VA meme play it in English.
>>
>>386334508
wait youre joking right?
>>
Abyss
Graces F
vesperia
Destiny remake (jap only but it doenst matter)

I dunno which ones are PC/emulatable but those are the best ones!
>>
>>386335021
Are you retarded? Tales of the abyss is the prime example of everything wrong with current tales games.

>Overly effeminate male cast with homoerotic overtones
>Terribly over complicated story with 2deep4u plot that amounts to nothing.
>Terrible cast of annoying characters besides tear
>Horrible art design and horribly written dialogue.
>Stupid combat gimmick that ruins or hinders a good aspect of the game.
>>
>>386334085
Tales of Symphonia is fucking golden, Abyss and Vesperia are second best. It really depends on who you like for your cast but ToS cast is definitely 10/10
>>
>>386334085
Friendly reminder that Zestiria ruined Berseria.
>>
>>386334085
Play Trails in the Sky
>>
File: 1494606671503.jpg (416KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494606671503.jpg
416KB, 1920x1080px
>>386334085
I shouldn't have bought this game at full price. I have 30 hours of playtime recorded and it still didn'T "click" with me, it just goes on and on and its only BARELY interesting enough to keep me playing.

Also is there a good tutorial for the combat system? I think I understand it but I still fail miserably. I mostly play as the spear chick though, maybe she just sucks.
>>
>>386336471
Anyone who's played alot of JRPGs would know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>386336438
English VA and the art/animation-style just didn't work for me. Sounded weird as fuck on Velvet. Haven't heard the rest.
>>
>>386336769
>use spectacle
>spam moves that hit a weakpoint

It's exactly like every modern tales familia
>>
>>386336769
Use her spells as combo enders, spells drastically lose cast time after physical arts. IIRC Eleanor's the tanky one.
>>
>>386336438
>Game goes out of its way to get good high quality Jap VA
>The main characters are the worst ones in the dub

What is there to meme about? There's no reason to not go sub in this game.
>>
File: image.gif (4MB, 256x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
4MB, 256x188px
>>386336536
Not him, but I found tales of the abyss to be pretty fun, though I haven't played any of the other tales of games so I can't compare. The only voice actor I was ever really annoyed with is ""sync's"" though, everyone else seemed fine.
>>
>>386334085
>I'm bored as fuck.
Tales of series isn't gonna make you any more entertained.
I'd rather state at a wall than play Berseria, not even kidding.
>>
>>386334085
Series is anime: the game, but not in a bad way. Its usually a cheesey but likeable story and characters, fun combat, a fair amount of exploration, and lots of replay value. Don't go in expecting it to be this massive AAA HD final fantasy type of thing.

Berseria isn't as good in some ways as other titles in the series, but the only other titles that are much better than it that are also on PC are very, very old, and feel very dated in comparison. You picked the best starting place for PC.

Just make sure you pay extra attention to figuring out how the soul gauge works, or else your gonna have a bad time from the get-go
>>
File: 1477749792521.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477749792521.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
>>386336986
>spectacle
?
>It's exactly like every modern tales familia
I've only played Xillia 1+2 and some of Hearts R and I had far less problems with that combat, oddly enough
>>386336990
This is what I might be missing, I always use spells first since I though they trigger a weakpoint and enhance my damage, never thought to use them as finishers instead

Also is it just me or does healing just suck in this game, and items are super important?
>>
>>386334085
Tales of Maj'Eyal
>>
>>386337479
good one
>>
>>386334085
Symphonia, obviously.
>>
>>386335021
Abyss is shit. I slogged my way through ten or so hours before dumping it. I don't understand you people.
>>
>>386336189
this. i was sad when i found out how linear Berseria was. and now i can play the full jap version of Vesperia.
>>
>>386337460
Healing spells are fairly weak this time around since you have so many other methods to heal (break arts, life steal arts, killing enemies etc.) but sometimes the AI throws out a fairy circle at the right time when your parties getting bodied and it can still be helpful or you can just set everyone out to all out offensive and turn of their heal spells
>>
>>386338518
healing artes are literally worthless on chaos
the only one worth jackshit is life and resurrection because it saves on life bottles
>>
File: 1442979691915.jpg (63KB, 368x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442979691915.jpg
63KB, 368x480px
I'm worn out on this game and I'm not even at the halfway point. Good god the padding and blandness. Katz spirit collectathons giving me severe OCD, the music being even blander than Zesty's (and at least that had the Temple themes) and skits, skits on top of skits. I feel like I'm playing a VN.

It just looks so lazily slapped together too. Animations from 2006 with Japans garbage mocap in full effect. I keep Velvet in Rutee's outfit and without the bulk of her stupid looking rags (thanks Inomata for being a trash designer), her arms are always ackwardly out like she's 1 inch away from T posing.

I admit, the skits can be hilarious. And I love the entire cast. Everyone's a dick and along just to get the job done like Abyss. But so far its the only saving grace. Ran through the ""dungeon"" with the icey hot puzzle and the same boring greenery that even Xillia did better gave me this grating feeling. The kind of feel where there's something scratching in your head, chipping away at your fun because of the utter obvious tedium.

Wen is Sakuraba going to die and Inomata become crippled? I would honestly take silence sans boss fights over hearing the same flute/bell Sakuraba compositions redone from his recycling bin.

tl;dr This game is extremely tedious thus far, and I want to love it but cant because lazy/cheap design.
>>
>>386339939
>sideways image
T-thanks windows
>>
don't listen to the negative comments. play it for the witch miku japanese VA
>>
>>386339939
Pretty much agree on all points aside from the cast which I also find mediocre.
Sakuraba just needs to die, this man isn't just bad, he ruins games with his shitty music.
>>
>>386337116
I started off in English because I prefer to play my games as such. Young Velvet annoyed me immediately because the actress, if this makes sense, sounded like she was trying to sound innocent and sweet. Kind of like "I'm acting!"

But at the same time JP voices are doing the same thing. It's their overly dramatized sing song thing that they do with women and voices for men that you'd never actually hear someone talk like in real life. I want to switch over just for the NPC voices to improve because it kind of gets obvious after awhile.

I know for a fact I'll miss Rokuro and Magilou's JP voices because Roku's sounds so befitting and I doubt the English VA could pull off Magi's speech quirks. Personally, I find playing dub not fitting for this game simply for how Japanese it is. It's one of those weeb games where it has that feel of Japan jerking itself off so hard the skin is tearing. Hard to explain, but that kind of point of view makes the dub feel out of place vs Xillia and prior.

>>386340750
I get where you're coming from, but I enjoy them for how crazy and dehumanized they are. Velvet being the type to just go "nah lets kill em" is refreshing when heaps upon heaps of MCs just let people live because "if you kill them, you'll be just like them!"
>>
>>386334085
if you are bored as fuck you will literally be put to sleep by the brainless gameplay of berseria.

its got like-able characters but i could just not stay awake during the boring ass gameplay, so i dropped it
>>
>>386339939
The excessive amount of skits may be because Berseria like the 3 Tales games that came before it is unfinished. Not as unfinished as Zestiria or Xillia but still unfinished.
>>
>>386334085
Why even wear those stockings? looks like a nightmare to put them in already.
>>
>>386337156
NAO YU DIE
>>
>>386334425
I only came here just for Velvet.
>>
File: mai-hime-full-129641.jpg (681KB, 1903x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mai-hime-full-129641.jpg
681KB, 1903x1200px
>>386341171
Those are actually remnants of her clothes she's been wearing for years unwashed, and unchanged. I kept her in her prison look prior to getting Rutee's costume. The coat and top are so stupidly ragged there's no point of them being there and it would have made more sense and possibly a better design to snag something off a guard but leave it open.

Inomata is trash. The character's themselves look fine, great even sometimes. But their clothing. She cannot for the life of her make a cast that looks like they belong together or be in the same universe. What was fine for 90's design doesn't translate well when other artists properly adapted. Just leave it to Fujishima. Pic related is her best work because these school uniforms are great.
>>
Would i like this game? I'm a Vesperia fag so is the combos system fun Zestiria was so fucking boring to me and i dropped 25% through
>>
>>386342028
Probably? I dropped Zest when I had to collect memory orbs, picked it back up because of the anime, then into the trash when I got to what I'm gonna guess was the final dungeon.

Bers is giving off the same vibes gameplay wise because it's the same run across this boring greenery field with low end PS3 graphics. If you have OCD, dont do it. If you've played American Mcgee's Alice, it has the same tooth collecting thing for fashion items. The high C pitch and shininess with drive you berserk.

Except Alice had interesting, actual puzzle level design and gave you actual rewards. I'm not a fan of puzzles, but I'll take Symphonia's ice sliding over look for the button in a tedious maze, press the button, progress. Persona 5 has this as well, but it's so simple it's not even annoying.
>>
>>386336769
Well, the combat is simply exploit the enemies weakness. However, you'll also want to inflict status effects since that's how you get more souls. Conversely, you lose souls when you get afflicted with status effects.

>>386336986
Isn't that JRPGs in a nutshell? Not that that is a bad thing, mind you.

>>386334085
Not counting emulatable titles, the only ones released on PC atm are Symphonia, Zestiria, and Berseria. If we're adding emulatable titles, Phantasia (PS1 if you want it fully translated or Nakiri Dungeon X on PSP which comes with Tales of Phantasia X), and Eternia. If you can read Japanese or don't mind playing them in Japanese: Destiny R, Destiny 2, Rebirth, and Hearts (the original DS version)
>>
>>386342028
The combo system is a little better then Zest. You might like the cast a lot though
>>
>>386342571
thanks Because my brother bought it and never touched it "but wants to be the first to play it" and when we play it i was hoping it wasn't just mash the attack button and then hit special button. but if its as good as everyone says ill play it further

>>386342772
yeah i heard that too and everyone says the characters are fun and unique i just hope they aren't wince worthy/ basic ass anime tropes used 1000% of the time like in Zest
>>
>>386341823
Yeah after Velvet boards the Van Eltia all excuses regarding her outfit no longer makes sense since she now has access to clothing, and her prison outfit would be cumbersome to put pin and take off.
>>
>>386341823
Her design for Lailah worked, Mikleo's design was also good, granted out seems like the design originally meant for a female character.
>>
>>386342936
Not quite, Zestiria is more in line with the Graces style (I'm calling it Graces style since this style started with Graces F though technically Destiny R did it first) than the traditional style of basic attacks followed up by artes. All of your attacks are artes and you can only use a certain amount of artes before waiting for your artes meter to charge back up.
>>
>>386342936
Oh you meant combat. I haven't tested everyone out so I can't answer. Velvet just has a "win all the time" button with her arm. Highly new player friendly because you can get away with button mashing.

>>386343116
This is exactly why I wasted money (potato laptop cant handle it, so PS4) on Rutee's costume. Same color scheme and skimpy enough to make sense in cutscenes.
>>
File: 1500929232145.jpg (309KB, 1329x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1500929232145.jpg
309KB, 1329x2048px
>Deadly encounter out of the first place that can trigger it
>Sure why not
>Almost get wiped out,had to resurrect velvet like three times and spam heal items

is this normal or i just suck ass
>>
>>386336189
>>386338085

Vesperia PS3 will never work on the PS3 emulator, already been discussed, google for more details, sorry bros.
>>
File: Anime.jpg (87KB, 524x702px) Image search: [Google]
Anime.jpg
87KB, 524x702px
>>386334085
>I'm bored as fuck
No wonder, just buy a console already and you'll get inundated by great games instead of being forced to ask for B-tier Jrpgs that just so happen to be on PC.
>>
>>386340889
>and I doubt the English VA could pull off Magi's speech quirks
She actually does it really well. I honestly prefer Magilou and Eizen in English. Rokuro and Velvet are about even. Laphicet is good too. Honestly, English isn't so bad in this game, I ended up enjoying it a lot by the end.

Except Kamoana. Her English VA might be one of the worst things I've ever fucking heard in my life.
>>
>>386343265
ok good so there's actually skill involved, nice.

>>386343279
and i hope its not op like the transformation shit in Zest. cause i would just headbutt my controller activate that and the boss would suck himself off and die after like a minute of me spamming my fire shit.

>>386343480
source, cause I've been needing a reason to die lately
>>
>>386334085
Play Tales of Eternia. Don't be a basic bitch.
>>
>waaah waaah fujoshi waaaaaaaaah how dare they draw attractive male characters to appeal to girls waaaaaaaaaaah
You're all deeply fucking pathetic babies, no better than Anita.
>>
>>386343365
In the cave where Dyle is? Pretty normal, the same thing happened to me. It's not a problem for long
>>386343557
The tl;dr is the way Vesperia does textures is really fucking wonky and uses a lot of tricks to work. Hard to emulate tricks, if not impossible
>>
>>386336536
It sounds like you can't follow a simple story.
>>
>>386335021
Listen to this anon, do yourself a favor a play the best one.
>>
>>386334085
How does berseria compares to zestitira? That was my first tales of game and didn't enjoy it that much. Mostly due to the overly complicated-button mashing nature of the combat.
>>
>>386343702
rip, thats the same reason why jojo eyes of heaven is fucked, the shading is more of a trick to the lighting system more than just actual shading . well maybe they will find a way when i'm in the skelly zone. but they have been making breakthroughs lately so maybe they will find away to make it work
>>
>>386343220
The seraph designs could get away with being outlandish, but her design was still put alongside others and its just so obvious who was designed by who. You have Edna who looks extremely modern, Mikleo's pastel abomination while Mikleo himself is perfect. It's that lack of cohesion that makes her work so obvious and of ill taste.

>>386343490
Well, I'll be my own judge. Is Beinfu another Teepo though? Really sick of Tales' obnoxious mascots being obnoxious just for the sake of it.
>>
>>386343365
The difficulty curve is intense for those kinds of encounters, so if you're not used to them (or just under-levelled) it's understandable if you get stomped.

They're good for Dire bosses, though.
>>
File: ..!!.png (564KB, 996x636px) Image search: [Google]
..!!.png
564KB, 996x636px
>>386343984
There's something about the art of Bers that's a step up from Zest while not really being a step up. Can't place it. But I do like it.

Maybe if they didn't spend the budget sucking off ufotable (can't blame them honestly) then maybe the animations can follow suit. I want to see unique walking animation, not NPC runs and trips the same way since 2005.

>>386344105
>They're good for Dire bosses, though.
>mfw Dire encounter for the first time
>low hp
>>
>>386336375
>>386336536
Not him but abyss is one of the best tales
>Overly effeminate male cast with homoerotic overtones
No they dont ,you are just a fag
>Terribly over complicated story with 2deep4u plot that amounts to nothing.
No it's not, you are just an idiot who couldn't follow simple concepts in the game. It has some script and pacing issues I'll give you that but is the best story of any tales game
>Terrible cast of annoying characters besides tear
Only Anisse and that bitch archer were shit, guy was the best bro and jade is awesome fuck you
>Horrible art design and horribly written dialogue.
>Stupid combat gimmick that ruins or hinders a good aspect of the game.
That's just your opinion, I thought that the fonic field system was pretty fun and they made a lot of improvements over symphony so it didn't aged that bad
>>
>>386344521
this. I'm only like 20% through the game but i already know i'm gonna have a shit ton of fun. and this aged way better than Symphonia
>>
>>386344007
I mean, his voice fits his character poses and look and dialogue. It's definitely got a "mascot" sound to it, but so did his JP one to me. Some people were annoyed by him and I could see why but I found it alright. It's fitting, if nothing else.
>>
File: discount not found.jpg (5KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
discount not found.jpg
5KB, 324x324px
I've been enjoying Berseria so far, should I buy zestir.. nvm sale is over
>>
>>386344795
>It's definitely got a "mascot" sound to it, but so did his JP one to me.
Oh right, turtlez are in this game too. Their horrid accented speech in English is going to make me stab my ears with a fork unless I just directly skip any skit they appear in.

>>386345042
Used PS3 should be dirt cheap. PC is always free.
>>
File: 1500877534673.png (51KB, 496x255px) Image search: [Google]
1500877534673.png
51KB, 496x255px
>>
File: 63898118_p3.jpg (445KB, 700x993px) Image search: [Google]
63898118_p3.jpg
445KB, 700x993px
>>386344007
The use of colors on Mikleo, works. And suits his overall character well, he's a water seraph so looking at him reminds you of water. But yes there should have been more cohesion in the seraph designs.

But like I said Mikleo's design looks that it should belong to a female, The top of it is great, however the bottom is a problem. It looks that it's supposed to include a skirt. With Edna two or three changes would have made her more cohesive with the other seraphim.

The ones that really stick out is Dezel and Zaveid.

Though it's not like Fujishima is much better.
>>
File: 1501136160375.png (253KB, 680x645px) Image search: [Google]
1501136160375.png
253KB, 680x645px
>>
>>386345286
Please tell me there's a Symphonia version somewhere.
>>
>>386345042
No, you shouldn't waste a single cent in this shit, if you really love Beseria then try to pirate it
>>
>>386343557
Armatus in Zestiria wouldn't be so bad if only Sorey was capable of using it.
>>
File: Jade and Hubert.png (997KB, 1152x750px) Image search: [Google]
Jade and Hubert.png
997KB, 1152x750px
>>386345363
Considering how Mikleo is basically the perfect girl it's not out of the question. Characters wear robes, though perhaps someone considered he'd look too much like a lady if he wore one with a long skirt.

Dezel and Zaveid stand out the most for being outlandishly modern. Their designs are actually really good, but letting all the designers do their thing and mash it into 1 piece was a major mistake because only Fujishima's style fits in with the entirety of the world itself. I know I'm playing favorites, but the man knows how to use color.

Pic related actually. Almost identical outfit pieces but one of them looks like an actual militant uniform.
>>
I played Phantasia more than a decade ago, which one should I play next? Never played the Destiny ones because of the art change, are they good?
>>
>>386344714
Yeah, the free run, the fonic field system, the upgrade in the models, mystics artes really helped a lot to the game. All the shit that symphony didn't have
>>
>>386345529
lol i played with my brothers too. so we would be like "alright who ever is first player just spam the fusion thing and win" and we did that for the the 3 bosses we fought after and never spent a dime on healing our selves. and i think the armor system was way to complected for its own good. call me retarded but there was actual micromanaging to be done instead of just putting on whats better for each member like in past games. like half the armor were elemental buffs and those buffs had skill tree's and levels. like why? Its cool and all but why put that much effort in something that only truly picks up late game but keep it complicated with barley any help from the tips. also the fusion shit made this game boring for player 2 and 3

tl;dr my shitty blog post. the games fusion made it boring and the armor system is very in depth but way too tedious and complex for its own. good
>>
>>386346010
Yeah the mystic artes were way too cryptic in symphonia good to know they tell you how to do it in abyss, cause i haven't gotten to far in the game
>>
File: 1501713689229.jpg (26KB, 227x275px) Image search: [Google]
1501713689229.jpg
26KB, 227x275px
armatized Artorius was too easy
>>
Should I get this on the PS4 or PC? Are there major differences?
>>
>>386346220
I like the mystic artes in Abyss best. As the games went on, I see them less as awesome and rare finishers and more as high potency artes. Overly flashy and useful against bosses, but they dont feel as strong.
>>
>>386346385
PC version is just better if you have a decent enough rig. Decent mod support + you can pirate the fuckton of cosmetic DLC which is nice
>>
File: 55701150_p3.png (730KB, 650x920px) Image search: [Google]
55701150_p3.png
730KB, 650x920px
>>386345980
It's not just the skirt it's the corset as well and his waist. It's also Mikleo's figure, he literally looks that Inomata was drawing a girl but then was told last minute to make it a boy.

Yeah, it feels like they should have added on more fantastical elements onto Dezel and Zaveid's design, because those two look like they come from a completely different game.

Fujishima is on point in this game for everything except for Rose's design. It's just too plain.
>>
>>386346445
Good dude i like vesperia's a lot just because how anime they were. so if you think there good ill take your word on it dude.
>>
>>386334085
GC Symphonia on Dolphin
>>
>>386346301
Melchoir was harder than that entire fight. Kind of a letdown, really.
>>
>>386346639
Post the porn already
>>
File: Tales of DLC.jpg (918KB, 1500x1413px) Image search: [Google]
Tales of DLC.jpg
918KB, 1500x1413px
>>386346516
>you can pirate the fuckton of cosmetic DLC which is nice
I'm actually glad most of the DLC sucks. Scamco is going full Dead or Alive with costume presentation and quite frankly I think everything looks out of character and thus, dont want to buy it.

>>386346639
>It's just too plain.
Should have gone with the blue shirt with maybe a tight jacket for oomf or a specialized assassin outfit with a sliver of color, not too much though. Her hair needs styling as well. Not looking for Sheena tier ponytail but just something to not make it a mop.
>>
>>386347152
I liked the pirate sets. The Idolmaster and Menagerie sets were good as well. The hairstyles are probably the best part about the sets apart from those few
>>
File: 62858482_p0.jpg (70KB, 365x600px) Image search: [Google]
62858482_p0.jpg
70KB, 365x600px
>>386347152
Rose's outfit would only work if Rose was a dude, but as a female character it just doesn't work.

Though I have seen Nips fix it like pic related. Since they've pointed out that both Mikleo and Rose's outfit bottoms both work better with skirt and daisy dukes respectively along with thigh-highs for some ryouiki for both.
>>
>>386341230
>Velvet will never shove her demon hand inside you to finger your prostate
>>
File: 49278749_p39.jpg (64KB, 485x568px) Image search: [Google]
49278749_p39.jpg
64KB, 485x568px
>>386347253
Blue board anon
>>
>>386346301
I don't mind since the tag team was the hardest story boss in the game by a mile. Last form is a victory lap so you can stomp all over Birdman's stupid face.
>>
>>386337156
>>386344521

Abyss-friends: Do fields of Fonons ever become useful, or are they just a mechanic that falls flat because it's so arbitrary to setup?
>>
>>386347646
You're right how's
https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62868489

better.

Though the tale behind this porn is actually funny.
>>
>>386347751
from where i'm at it helps a shit ton. the elemental attacks are usually an AOE so they get the enemies out the way quicker.
>>
>>386347889
Okay, maybe I'm missing something then. It only works for specific combinations, you need another character to cast a spell, which leaves a small disappearing dot that you have to use your other skills within quickly. Seems like a ton of effort to setup
>>
>>386347751
Once you get spells that automatically leave a complete FoF, then they're great. I usually just let the AI do its thing and take advantage of it when I can, don't fret about setting them up unless you're on a higher difficulty or in a tough fight.
>>
I unironically liked Zestiria more than Berseria.
Suck my dick.
>>
File: 47556092_p0.jpg (489KB, 2149x3035px) Image search: [Google]
47556092_p0.jpg
489KB, 2149x3035px
>>386347838
>killua artist
Guess they got a thing for white hair/blue eyes.

The ultimate purity.

>>386348052
Gonna reset that IP anytime soon?
>>
>>386348091
I see, so I should basically treat it as a random "bonus" I can occasionally take advantage of when my AIs cast a spell that happens to set up a useful FoF?
>>
>>386347751
Later on they are easier to spam as the magic can setup bigger and fully charged fields, also luke and guy can make their own fields with new artes but they are hard to use against small bosses.
>>
>>386348023
it is but it was usually worth it when it actually hit but i play guy, so maybe its worse with other characters. i know guy has some long ass recovery frames so you gotta decide what element is worth your time at the end of the day.
>>
>>386334085
Symphonia>Zestiria>Berseria.
>>
>>386348194
Pretty much. Setting them up if you don't need to just grinds the combat to a halt.
>>
>>386348179
>blue eyes
>check image
>all this time remembered Mikleo's eyes as blue
Guess I'm crazy and/or have dementia.
>>
>>386348275
>>386348225
>>386348226

I see, makes sense then. I'll just ignore them until I change upon a combo I can sort-of consistently take advantage of
>>
File: DFq34kMXcAAP9F3.jpg orig.jpg (77KB, 600x1173px) Image search: [Google]
DFq34kMXcAAP9F3.jpg orig.jpg
77KB, 600x1173px
>>386345980
Yeah Meebo is literally design a 10/10 female character then cuck the gamers out of a an actual good romance between two characters with good interaction and chemistry by making her a dude.
>>
>>386348383
you can do next level shit with guy and combo his attacks into normal artes into an altered at to tie the sweet knot on the bow
>>
File: 53582224_p4.png (980KB, 1001x728px) Image search: [Google]
53582224_p4.png
980KB, 1001x728px
>>386348424
>cuck the gamers out of a an actual good romance between two characters with good interaction and chemistry by making her a dude.
/pol/ pls.

A bit off topic and moreso related to /tv/ but an actor commented on the treatment of women in the show. The fujo bait is strong, like, Interview with a Vampire strong. But the actor absolutely did not consider or acknowledge a guy could have feelings and chemistry with another guy and the love interest absolutely had to be female.
>>
>>386348383
There is also those yellow nodes thing that you can equip in the artes (forgot the name) that allows you to use it in white fields
>>
>>386348243
Berseria>Symphonia>Shit>Zesty
>>
I actually thought Mikleo was a girl when I first saw him.
Same with Zelos.
And also Ion.
And Yuri.
>>
>>386348970
>Alishafag
>>
>>386347751
If you're playing co-op they're fun as fuck to set up but if not they're kind of meh for most of the game
>>
Why do people hate vesperia? sure it has its flaws but it aged well and has a load of replayability. is it the fanbase? Even so you cant deny its a well made game.
>>
File: call the cops.jpg (25KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
call the cops.jpg
25KB, 500x347px
>>386348243
>>386348970
Xillia 2 > Symphonia > Zestiria > Xillia 1 > Abyss > Berseria > Shit > Symphonia 2
>>
>>386348779
Not /pol/ just saying that Tales romance in general is shit.

Yeah, Mikleo and Sorey's realtionship is awesome, but Mikleo not being a girl hurt the story since they weren't allowed to open about the relationship. And that openness would have helped with Sorey's character since his main motivation for wanting people see Seraphim was because he wanted to spend the rest of his life exploring the world with Mikleo and he wants to show Mikleo off a bit. He wants Mikleo to be able to talk to humans as well.

It's sweet but because Mikleo is a dude we're left implying this, rather than just having him admit to it outright.
>>
File: 51929958_p24.jpg (558KB, 1127x749px) Image search: [Google]
51929958_p24.jpg
558KB, 1127x749px
>>386349025
Yuri is the perfect balance of girly/masculine. It's his build that does it. Mikleo is slender and passes off as a flat, petite girl. But Yuri's chest and shoulders are just broad enough as well as how his clothes hit him. His belt slims his waist enough where it's fitted and not hourglass.

>>386349205
>Zestiria > Xillia 1 > Abyss
What is this drivel?
>>
>>386349195
I barely see any Vesperia hate so I don't know what you're smoking. Personally I don't care for the game so much because the combat feels sluggish. All those sickdark combo webms people love to post mean nothing to me because there is no way that is satisfying to pull off when fighting feels like wading through molasses. It's a step back from Abyss even though the combat is almost the same on paper; reminds me a lot of Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2.
>>
Berseria should keep you amused. Velvet is a pretty interesting character - especially by the end of the game.

Berseria is a better game than Zesteria. I prefer the chemistry of Zesteria's cast, however.
>>
>>386349440
by hate i mean neglect to mention it. but yeah i feel you but when you master the combos its feels great. and the over limit fixes mages for me by having you become too fucking op. but I respect your opinions anon early game Karol and Estelle over all feel very slow even though they have combos.
>>
>>386349350
Oh, I wasn't expecting such an earnest answer.

I find Tales stronger when romance isn't the focal point. Vesperia let the player decide on seeing Yuri and Estelle or Judith or Flynn in any way they saw fit and never delved deep on it. And that in turn made the overall experience a lot more light hearted and comfortable between the party.

All the romance for Zest went to the anime though.
>>
>>386336828
they got rid of the overworld map after vesperia I think but they had one in zestiria and beseria im sure too even though I didnt play it yet?
>>
>>386336536
shitty opinion after shitty opinion. you seem like one of those people who if they notice one tiny thing they dont like everything is shit. ie autistic
>>
File: C-_wnSJUwAABRqS.jpg (75KB, 1024x575px) Image search: [Google]
C-_wnSJUwAABRqS.jpg
75KB, 1024x575px
Edna is cute!
>>
>>386337460
by spectacle i think he means magic lens or whatever item you use in this game to identify enemies
>>
>>386350396
Cockslut
>>
>>386349827
Well yeah because in Zestiria Mikleo is Sorey's main motivation and lore wise they're effectively a married couple. So in their case the love story works because their love for each other is already the basis of their actions. Yeah Nips already see Sorey and Mikleo as a romantic couple, but being more outright would have worked better.= because it serves to humanize Sorey and Mikleo.

>TOZX
Rose and Alisha was forced as fuck though, it wasn't romantic at all.

It's literally just the anime forcing Rose to be a failure and kiss Alisha's ass at every turn to make Alisha look good. While Alisha does nothing for Rose's character. That's probably why it didn't catch on with Nips. In fact it just made them pity Rose, and dislike Alisha.
>>
>>386345980
I love how in tales of abyss you could see the pacman symbol everywhere. not sure if other tales games did that probably symphonia but I didnt notice
>>
>>386350501
She's cute, admit it
>>
>>386350519
>That's probably why it didn't catch on with Nips
That's surprising. They usually eat trash ships up. Graces F had the absolute epitome of forced romance due to popular demand.
>>
>>386349673
I would say the one thing Berseria absolutely has over Zesteria is superior cast chemistry.
>>
File: 63979951_p3.png (477KB, 410x564px) Image search: [Google]
63979951_p3.png
477KB, 410x564px
>>386350829
Rokuro and Laphi make my heart melt. He's like a proper big brother all the time. Eizen's constant humble bragging only makes it better.
>>
>>386350829
Thats good. gives me a reason to play
>>
>>386350629
Stop posting Eizen
>>
>>386350725
Nips in general don't like TOZX. It's to the point that they've gone out and destroyed the Blu-Ray discs and then tweeted them to Bamco. They prefer the game, flaws and all.

But the problem with pushing Rose and Alisha comes from a lot of things really. First of all RosexDezel is actually the 2nd most popular pairing for Zestiria. The fact that the anime had to make it so that Rose and Dezel couldn't interact just to push Rose with Alisha was annoying to those shippers. Just because RosexAlisha is Alisha's most popular doesn't mean that it's Rose's most popular pairing or even that the overall most popular pairing, that's SoreyxMikleo. In fact none of her potential pairings are popular, since she lacks chemistry with everyone except for Rose.

Then there's the fact that Alisha in TOZX in general is a spotlight stealing Mary Sue, everyone kisses her ass and worships the ground she walks on. She's never wrong and never changes. The fact that she's doing all of this while being disconnected to the story makes it worse.

And last of all, Ufotable wasted time on that relationship instead of spending time on Sorey and Mikleo's which was actually more important.
>>
>>386350203
They sort of have one in Berseria, in that when you select where to go to, you get animation of ship sailing there. But you never actually move it around yourself, or walk around in the world map.
>>
>>386351364
>Then there's the fact that Alisha in TOZX in general is a spotlight stealing Mary Sue, everyone kisses her ass and worships the ground she walks on.
I could have sworn every waking moment of her life was filled with everyone around her dying and her being injured. I didn't finish, but I recall her last screen time being her getting gutted and Rose ready to rampage.
>>
emulate Eternia. No other tales game comes close.
>>
File: DFvMK0yUAAMSRm9.jpg orig.jpg (298KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DFvMK0yUAAMSRm9.jpg orig.jpg
298KB, 1500x1500px
>>
>>386351640
Yeah, giving a character a party for a "tragic past" doesn't stop them from being a Mary Sue.

Yeah, Alisha got stabbed but then she was rewarded by being allowed to become a squire and being able to see seraphim, now, despite Sorey outright saying earlier in the same episode that he couldn't play favorites with Hyland.

Then they give her armatus despite the fact that Alisha actually doesn't have any resonance in the anime and still needs to be Sorey's squire to even see seraphim.

Then there's also the fact that we wasted 5 episodes with her mostly mostly moping around on some convienient rock, while other characters keep singing her praises. I mean they literally created new characters who exist solely to kiss her ass.
>>
>>386350829

I don't disagree, actually. It's just personal preference/shit taste.
>>
>>386334085
All the Tales games on PC are either terrible or overrated.

Good modern Tales games: Vesperia

Passable modern Tales games: Xillia, Symphonia

Garbage modern Tales games: everything else
>>
File: 1408437403115.gif (59KB, 195x244px) Image search: [Google]
1408437403115.gif
59KB, 195x244px
>>386352174
>I mean they literally created new characters who exist solely to kiss her ass.
Her bff who was never in game right? Sorry, my memory of the series is hazy at best. Not even ufotable's animation can fix a bad story. I feel like quite a bit was improved on, but at the same time, it's not gripping. Symphonia's OVA was all over the place but I still remember the conflict with Presea and Regal. Also that top tier ending to Vesperia's OVA.
>>
>>386351640
Oh so you missed the scenes where her enemies literally kill themselves so that she doesn't have to kill them (after she gives a speech about not wanting to kill), new rules are created to make her seem needed, Even Lunarre switches sides just for her, and when everyone in Ladylake literally bows down to her and call her their Queen.
>>
>>386352662
>Oh so you missed the scenes
More like I forgot them entirely. If the anime was a food it'd be like an off brand bag of chips.
>>
>>386352612
They're her subordinates, and in the anime they have no purpose, and do nothing but say how awesome Alisha is, but still somehow get more screen time than Sorey. Alisha in teh game never have any friends because in the game she was the nerdy librarian girl who was too busy living in her own head to understand people.

Creating them never improved anything, since the point of Alisha being alone was to show that she disconnected from the world around her. Yeah, it makes her look, less pathetic but being pathetic is the point of her character.
>>
>>386352612
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4027521912?red_tag=1592534849
Alisha's problem is that she's delusional little girl who wants to play at being a knight, the manga actually does a better job at explaining it by having a not evil Maltran, and Alisha's own subconsciousness actually call her out on her BS.
>>
>>386352612
>Not even ufotable's animation can fix a bad story.
According to Ufotable they were never trying to fix the story their purpose was just to pander to Alishafags, that's why Nips got annoyed by her.
>>
Beseria is the best Nu-tales, Symphonia is the best Old-tales unless the PC version is shit then emulate Eternia on PPSSPP for Classic-tales.
>>
File: Velvet Steel.png (683KB, 1126x835px) Image search: [Google]
Velvet Steel.png
683KB, 1126x835px
>>386353336
I can't read chinese.

>>386353512
Got a quote on this? And, given Berseria's current feel, I think they learned their lesson on waifu pandering. Velvet may be designed to be a Milla re-hash, but her personality is something unlike any other Tales main girl.
>>
>>386352771
Really to me the anime is just soggy off brand chips. They would have been okay if they simply didn't pour any water on it.

But as stated >>386353512 the purpose of the anime was not to fix the story of Zestiria but rather to push Alisha, because the Ufotable President honestly thought that she was the most popular character.
>>
Did Tales fans like Milla's bit in Berseria?
>>
>>386353795
The manga is now licensed and the second volume is coming out in English.

>Got a quote on this
Right here.
http://tokrin.com/archives/50936738.html

This shit is actually why Nips are annoyed by Alisha. Zestira the Z also bombed pretty dman hard to the point that Bers and Zest fags recorded themselves smashing the BluRay discs and tweeting or sending them to Bamco.

They also made it very clear when Alisha's armatus was revealed in Asteria and Link that they don't want anything from the anime at all. Nips really hate it.
>>
File: grahf ass kicked.png (924KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
grahf ass kicked.png
924KB, 1440x1080px
>>386344521
>>386335021
>>386334085
>>386334508

Emulate Xenogears instead.
>>
>>386354262
Thank you. And to think, this could have possibly been avoided if Baba didn't waifu Rose so hard and the game was given an additional year of development.
>>
>>386354573
Yeah about that:

From Director:
>Hase: Although the opinions were quite divided within the team as well, the theme is the theme no matter what, so it is impossible to deny what the characters really want to do. So, as an individual, Alisha, while she thought of travelling with Sorey, would ultimately choose to live as a royalty. Her path is separated from Sorey’s, so if it is not, then the theme of “Zestiria” will be a fake theme, so it turned out this way.

From the Head Writer:
>However, Alisha is a normal human, and she has to face the reality that she cannot measure up to Sorey. The girl he meets after that, Rose, is less of a 'heroine’ than Sorey’s 'foil’. Mikleo, Lailah and the others would tend to think about their problems the same way as Sorey does, so Rose is the character who views things differently, assisting Sorey who has just learned about his limits from his parting with Alisha. We made her into a character that, at the end of the story, you can see her accepting what Sorey leaves her with, and know that she will certainly continue it and keep it alive.

It should also be known that Baba was the only person who ever referred to Alisha as the "heroine". But as it stands none of the actual people in charge of Zestiria never did so. Which may have been what caused the confusion in the first place. It's just that Alishafags just don't like that fact so they ignored it.

The whole conpspiracy theory was based off of wishful thinking and misunderstanding. In fact Rose and everyone else has 5x the assets of Alisha (and most of Alisha's assets are just recolors of the same two designs), and unlike Alisha's they're unique, while Berseria was also being made at the same time so Rose could not have been made in just one year.
>>
File: tumblr_nly2ss41O81rn1tcgo9_1280.jpg (796KB, 1032x1636px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nly2ss41O81rn1tcgo9_1280.jpg
796KB, 1032x1636px
>>386354573
source.

According to the creators, Alisha was always a side character, however, a portion of the staff caused confusion when they waifufaggd her and demanded that she be made into a main character or at the very least a permanent party member. However, when working on the game, they realized that she didn't fit in and so went back to their original plan and kept her as a side character. Though you'll still find sections that acts as though she was was around for a shorter time period so it might have been that Alisha originally wasn't meant to be around for even as long as she was.
>>
>>386354573
Almost forgot Alisha was created not to help with the story but solely because they wanted to do something different, so they thought that it would be a great idea if they made a fake out with their heroine. This was something that they actually came up with pretty late, like after they decided to not put Sorey in a romance with a girl and make Mikleo a boy.

So really the truth is none of the confusion would have happened if they didn't get the bright idea to make a fake out or as stated >>386356786 the waifufags on staff were neutered.
>>
>>386334085
Berseria. Played it 3 times already and loved it, don't play it dubbed though.
>>
File: 1498223412781.jpg (31KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1498223412781.jpg
31KB, 500x560px
>>386355383
>>386356786
>>386357152
While this is indeed an absolute mess, why did they think the fake out would be a good idea? They know their audience well enough to know they take waifus/husbandos seriously. so why?
>>
>>386356786
The answer why she isn't at least a permanent party member is pretty simple: they just were afraid to have more than 2 humans thanks to the stupid fucking fusion system. I mean its completely responsible for everything else they gutted when it comes to combat so I'd be really surprised if it was anything else.
>>
>>386357987
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Zestiria was a good story ruined by bad ideas. Alisha was a bad idea. Zestiria never had a female heroine, and it was created with that in mind. However, the problem is despite that Bamco will always need a female main character to attract male fans. But since they were adamant that Mikleo had to be a boy they needed a girl to seem like she took that place hence Alisha.
>>
File: 50851141_p0.png (1MB, 1378x840px) Image search: [Google]
50851141_p0.png
1MB, 1378x840px
>>386334425
>>386341230
She's mine.

>>386339939
>(thanks Inomata for being a trash designer)
(You)

>>386334425
Fuck off retard, the dub is garbage tier you deluded nigger.

God, this tales thread is already shit thanks to retards wanna be normies.

>>386349195
99% of people here love Vesperia.
>>
File: 1484599696893.jpg (36KB, 216x351px) Image search: [Google]
1484599696893.jpg
36KB, 216x351px
>>386336717
This.
>>
>>386358286
Incorrect, they literally only created Alisha to be a fake out, in fact her character designer was in on it the whole time. Combat was created later on AFTER they came up with he characters not before.

Alisha is the only character that has no reason to travel with Sorey.
>>
>>386353795
They have nothing in common and (in my opinion) Velvet is better in every way.
>>
>>386357987
And to think simply getting rid of Alisha would have saved the staff a lot of time and given them the ability to properly tell the story and animate the character arcs like Sorey finding out that Hedalf is his father or Lailah being in love with Michael, or Rose realizing from Lunarre that her being an assassin isn't really helping anyone and deciding to atone by becoming by being Sorey's Squire and then the next shepherd, Mikleo wanting to become a writer and historian taking over from Mayvin, Edna trying to learn about humans in order to honor her brother, etc.

It's a shame.
>>
Eizen a best
>>
>>386358627
>they already made an evil Millia variant.
>>
File: 1500253344014.png (210KB, 457x406px) Image search: [Google]
1500253344014.png
210KB, 457x406px
>>386359834
fact
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.