[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about MMOs. What MMOs are you guys playing? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 13

File: world-of-warcraft-legion.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft-legion.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
Let's talk about MMOs. What MMOs are you guys playing? What's your favorite? What MMO would you recommend to someone looking to play an MMO that's relatively new to the genre?
>>
is BDO any good or just another shitty Kreen grindfest?
>>
>>386333623
I would like an answer to this too

When will a good MMO come again?

Is this going to be some second coming of jesus bullshit

how many jews do we need to kill before we get vanilla 2.0?
>>
Is Albion Online alive?
>>
>>386334540
I have some friends that play it and enjoy it but apparently the P2W bullshit is off the charts in that game.
>>
>>386333447
Playing a bit of WoW and started up bdo again after a long while, but i don't have currently time to play any MMO actively, because of my my country has mandatory military service and im stuck there
For me WoW is pretty much the best and the worst MMO at the same time so it's kinda like a love/hate relationship.
>>
I've fallen off WoW for the time being, so I'm not playing any MMOs right now.

I want to get back into FFXIV but I don't want to do all the patch and expansion content I missed after hitting level 50 with the main story in ARR, and I don't want to spend money to skip it.
>>
>>386334798
You could always skip past all the cutscenes, and power through it while listening to some podcasts/music/whatever you like and watching a nice little Youtube summary of the story.

I can't say if its worth it though, currently grinding my way through the HS story and nowhere near end-game.
>>
lately i've played WoW, TSW(L), FF11, FF14. my favourites are always FF11 and Anarchy Online for a long time. FF14 is probably a fine a place as any for a first-timer, but if you want it to be as carebear and noncompetitive as possible, GW2 might be an option. it's hard to recommend FF11 to anyone nowadays, except if you've ever touched it before and had affection for it, buy it on sale, play for 1-3 months, complete all the expacs including RoV - its fucking great.

albion doesn't look that interesting really. its maybe like a modern RS with realm control stuff?

>>386333623
>>386334526

i would advice staying away from BDO. the PCs look great, there's a Witch class... but the whole rest of the game belongs at a sewage plant. its a fake "sandbox" themepark except no rides and nothing to see, Chinese-tier UI, the only thing you do is grind mobs in PvP areas, thats the whole game.
>>
>>386333447
I'm still waiting for Blizzard's next mmo. I think WoW has run its course.
>>
>>386333447
I play gw2 unironically. I find it much more appealing to grind for gear with other stats rather than gear with higher stats alongside twelve year-olds who claim all loot. Also it got no cartoon graphics which make my dick diamonds
>>
is SWTOR any good? I know it was a trainwreck on launch but I heard its got way better with patches. I want it to be good so bad, I love the Star Wars universe so much.
>>
>>386336263
Not currently a SWTOR player but from what I have read in many places it is dying and devs are making mistakes and lots of cashshop shite. Could be wrong though
>>
>>386335478
I'd like gw2, but currently the viable pvp builds are different flavors of support and i find that VERY unappealing.
>>
Like an easy handholding experience? WoW

Like challenging content and weeb shit? FFXIV

Like exploration and adventure? ESO

Don't play anything else. You're wasting your time.
>>
>>386336572
WoW is pretty much better than FFXIV in every way other than visuals and music, but that's enough for a lot of people.
>>
>>386336639
0.2 scents has been deposited in to your account.
>>
>>386336572
>ESO
loved that shit until I found out about their retarded balance team. That balance team hate any kind of physical character who dual-wield or use two-handed. And they love magicka characters hence why the new raid first-clear only had staves.
>>
Elysium
>>
None, I think I'm finally free of this curse. It's beyond burn out, I've been frustrated lately any time I spend trying to play one. So I've stepped away from them and I don't regret it.
>>
>>386336639
Go climb a wall of dicks.

Seriously, FFXIV is leagues ahead of WoW in every possible way right now. WoW is below WoD level subs right now. Nobody fucking wants to play it.
>>
>>386336572
How is ff14 even challenging? On my experience, the only thing with the "challeng-" on the beginning of the name were mentally challenged users with the reaction time of a sloth.
>>
>>386336854
Feel free to expand on how it is, I'll wait.
>>
>>386336859
XIV regular dungeons actually require mechanics to be done. You can wipe in dungeons. The only content you can wipe on in WoW is Heroic and Mythic raids. It's possible to wipe in mythic dungeons, but only really high levels and you just zerg those as mechanics matter little. If you wipe then the group is pretty much done anyway.

Combat is also much more complicated in XIV. It's a lot more challenging to play in that regard. Dragoon rotation utterly destroys anything in WoW in terms of complexity.
>>
>>386337186
You can most definitely wipe in normal ToS still. I like how you say you can only wipe in heroic and mythics raids and them immediately say you can wipe in dungeons??? At least WoW keeps dungeons challenging and interesting with escalating mythic+ levels and modifiers as opposed the shitty level synced dungeons that never change and only get easier as time goes on. Survival hunter and feral druid are also pretty complex specs and objectively faster than the shitty ass GCD in XIV, but like Dragoons, they suck. :)

WoW also doesn't have all of its content gated behind like 300+ hours of incredibly shitty, poorly written, boring fetch quests either so that helps a lot.
>>
>>386337495
>WoW also doesn't have all of its content gated behind like 300+ hours of incredibly shitty, poorly written, boring fetch quests either so that helps a lot.

But doesn't both games and all other MMOs for that matter have that?
>>
>>386336854
wow will always have more subs than xiv
>>
>>386337727
no? if you buy legion you can immediately start at level 100 and you have access to every dungeon and raid in the game prior to legion. you probably will have to do a few quests to level in legion and i think a few dungeons require quests like karazhan, but its nothing at all compared to xiv.
>>
>>386336854
Except it's not? The only 2 aspects that are unquestionably better in xiv are the visuals and the music. Class and design is about on par in both games - bad, but with different flavors of retardation. Itemization is better in wow simply by virtue of having gear that does more than just increase your stats. Customization is better in wow because xiv has none. End game content is about on par as far as raids are concerned (wow is better content-wise for having raids as actual coherent instances rather than a bunch of disconnected arenas, but xiv is miles ahead in the presentation department), but wow wins overall for having mythic+. Story is slightly less stupid in xiv, so that's a win for SE.

Feel free to say what I missed, fag.
>>
>>386336740
me too

started a couple of weeks ago and its still fun. Level 33 Druid, taking my time.
>>
>>386337943
mythic+ is fucking dogshit
>>
>>386336681
They really hate stamina based builds
>StamBlade, with perfect raid equipment, perfect rota -> 47k on dummy
>MagSorc, crafted shit, spam shit -> 60k on dummy
Fuck magic wielding faggots
>>
>>386333623
It seems to be doing really well since it came to steam, i myself was a big fan of WoW and played from release to beginning of cata, and since then its been on and off but never for more than a few weeks at most every expansion - so after getting bored of oldschool runescape i decided to give it a jam. The combat is really fun and surprisingly felt great in pvp, but i just found there was a lack of varying content to keep me entertained and money (silver) never really felt like an issue, although i did have a friend who played alot showing me the quickest way to level and make money from the start so maybe i lost out on the exploration side of things. Id say its worth it if youre really bored but dont expect to fall in love with it too hard
>>
>>386338089
I guess it's better than running the same never changing dungeons over and over
>>
>>386338217
thats exactly what m+ is you shitlord
>>
>>386336572
Does ESO have the trinity system? Or at least multiplayer instances? I want a break from WoW and FFXIV but most other MMOs seem like ass to me. ESO is the only viable option but I don't really know shit about that game like if it has any challenging end-game content, how rife it is with F2P bullshit, etc.

SWTOR seems interesting but it seems like its also dying.
>>
>>386334526
>tfw 22
>played WoW for 10 years and never achieved anything in it
>if an amazing new mmo even comes out I feel like I'm getting too old to get invested

t-time well spent
>>
>>386338282
>never changing

you retard that's what m+ is for, it changes the dungeon's dynamic. in xiv everything is so static that healers don't react, they know the fights inside and out and follow the same patterns every fight
>>
>>386338285
Yes, any good MMO has the holy trinity. ESO is no exception. It's just you can perform any role on any class. Dungeons in ESO are actually quite good. It's a pretty good game all around, especially if you're not a lorefag bothered by all the inconsistencies. Some storylines are pretty damn good too. It's a great game for just making a character and adventuring.
>>
File: Alchemical Shotgun.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemical Shotgun.webm
3MB, 800x450px
i am having fun
>>
File: Goldify.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Goldify.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>386339032
>>
File: squish.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
squish.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>386339089
>>
>>386339032
Dragon's Dogma Online? How easy is it for a gaijin to get into it and does it have translations?
>>
File: thath.png (2MB, 1920x875px) Image search: [Google]
thath.png
2MB, 1920x875px
>>386333447

Would play pic related, but the servers are located in Dumbfuckistan, so it's laggy as hell.
>>
File: [sweating man wipes forehead].webm (3MB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
[sweating man wipes forehead].webm
3MB, 1200x674px
>>386339241
it has an english patch that translates everything important and some non-important stuff but you won't have the vast majority of dialogue/chatter/lore text translated

Game requires a jap ip to play so you have to use a vpn to connect, there's a trick you can use to disable your vpn at the character select screen however. Or if your vpn is good then you can just leave it on since the combat is almost completely client side in terms of hit detection/input response.
>>
>DD:O

HAHAHAHAHAHA

*breath in*

AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I miss being scared of going outside of town
I miss the thrill of finding and looting a players body
I miss getting angry after dying
I miss high-stakes PvP
I miss chill-fishing and talking to people
>>
File: gritten alch.webm (3MB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
gritten alch.webm
3MB, 630x354px
>>386339503
what did he mean by this
>>
I recently tried DCUO on PS4 and it's a surprisingly fun beat em up mmo.
>>
>>386339202
That's DDO right? Man I wish it wouldn't have ended like this.
>>
File: dd o.jpg (145KB, 459x637px) Image search: [Google]
dd o.jpg
145KB, 459x637px
>>386339820
yup
>>
>tfw like DD but the games typeface makes me want to gouge my eyes out
>>
Fucking capcom not bringing DDO over. Why the fuck not?
>>
FFXI, no MMO comes close to it, even today, best horizontal progression. The only MMO I would consider playing over XI is official legacy servers for WoW. I won't waste my time on chink and slav filled shit that crashes every day though
>>
Looking for an action mmo that isn't exactly crap. Please recommend one to me.
>>
File: fucking orcs.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
fucking orcs.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>386340446
only options are Vindictus, which is dead, BDO, which is boring or webm related which is GAIJIN GO HOMU
>>
>>386336854
nigga like 300k people play XIV, you are a retard, this is actually below what FFXI used to average before WoW came out.

WoW might be dying by its standards, but its still leagues a head of XIV in subs
>>
>>386334540
You need to pay to keep up with everyone. A shame, it's a decent enough game that brings some old concepts that were lost in today's mmorpgs
>>
Playing Guild Wars 2 because it's been rotting on my harddrive for years and the new expansion just got announced.
Wouldn't recommend it to noobs because no trinity and that shit is VITAL to most MMOs.
>>
File: the-god-empress.jpg (55KB, 676x960px) Image search: [Google]
the-god-empress.jpg
55KB, 676x960px
>>386333447
>What MMOs are you guys playing?

World of Warcraft

Legion has really engaged me in a way that I haven't seen since WotLK, across any MMO.

>What's your favorite?

Ultima Online, as it was my first. I was playing when I was about twelve, all the way up until my senior year of high school.

I tried playing a number of MMOs in that time (AC, DAoC, EQ, SWG, AO... etc.), but none stuck.

I stopped before going to college, and ended up getting City of Heroes at launch, which I really enjoyed. I also got WoW later that year, on Christmas Eve, so shortly after launch.

>What MMO would you recommend to someone looking to play an MMO that's relatively new to the genre?

World of Warcaft, easily. It's far and away the best game in the genre, and probably the most newbie friendly despite having the most content.

Outside of that, either Guild Wars 2 or Wildstar.

I wouldn't recommend any MMO of Asian origin. They're all bad, taking the worst elements of Asian game design and slapping them onto the worst elements of MMOs, with none of the benefits of either.
>>
File: 6491471942.png (238KB, 1080x777px) Image search: [Google]
6491471942.png
238KB, 1080x777px
>>386333447
-FFXIV
-FFXIV
-FFXIV
>>
>>386341073
i got really detached from wow in legion solely because of all the legendary bullshit.
>>
>>386341235

I agree that Legendaries in Legion are a shit system, but it's not something that the average player needs to be overly concerned about. Unless you're doing at least progression Heroic raiding (or pushing very high M+ dungeons), it's not really a problem, IMO.
>>
>>386339992
>FFXI
Mein neger.
I still don't understand how SE managed to come up with such a brilliant itemization system only to throw it all away and make generic stat sticks for XIV 2.0.
>>
>>386341326
it also nailed the coffin for me when i couldnt find any group for my retri pally with bis legendaries (i was lucky enough to get the cloak and belt as my first 2 legendaries wew) and 910 ilvl for very low level m+, like 5-6.

i was just like, what the fuck. if you are not a person that doesnt have time to at least heroic raid, getting in a m+ party or finding something to do in wow is pretty much impossible.
>>
>>386341534
>i was just like, what the fuck. if you are not a person that doesnt have time to at least heroic raid, getting in a m+ party or finding something to do in wow is pretty much impossible

I know it gets said a lot, but: Start your own groups.

Those groups you're getting rejected from? Yeah, the reason you're even finding them is because those douchbags are spending all of their time rejecting people rather than running dungeons.
>>
>>386339032
>>386339089
>>386339202
>>386339428
>instead of four player co-op in a second game we got this

Fucking why
>>
I don't know if it's just my age, but I don't find MMOs at all appealing. It's just kind of exhausting to keep up with the masses of pointless content you must do to keep ahead

I feel the same way about gatcha mobile games, after a while there is just so much shit on the app you have to do during a day to keep going that I get burnt out
>>
File: 1473498772977.png (126KB, 512x810px) Image search: [Google]
1473498772977.png
126KB, 512x810px
Do people play UO Renaissance at all? Is it worth getting into?
>>
>>386342128
>I don't know if it's just my age, but I don't find MMOs at all appealing. It's just kind of exhausting to keep up with the masses of pointless content you must do to keep ahead

Eventually you stop caring about "keeping ahead."
>>
File: 1478265572851.jpg (61KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1478265572851.jpg
61KB, 245x245px
>>386337943
>Class and design is about on par in both games
You haven't played Legion then. At least XIV has some fucking actual rotation, have you seen WoW right now? "le press 3 button the whole time" and yes, I played Legion as a DPS so you can't say anything because I saw it myself. I wont say anything about healers/tanks since I'm not expert with them, but for what I have seen by raiding, tanking is braindead too.
>Itemization is better in wow simply by virtue of having gear that does more than just increase your stats.
Only thing you got right
>Customization is better in wow because xiv has none.
Yeah because taking a look at Icy Veins and using the same fucking build everytime because it's meta it's truly customization. Next you're going to tell me GW2 is the best game ever because of "customization".
>but wow wins overall for having mythic+
Lmao, have you done them? Even once? They're literal trash. But I admit XIV is missing some 4-man hard content.
>Story is slightly less stupid in xiv, so that's a win for SE.
>le children of light XD
>even your mum is corrupted now
No XIV 's story is quite bad, but that's still like 5000 better than WoW's shitshow fucking retarded butchered lore.

You forgot to say the most important thing however, WoW is balanced like FUCKING SHIT, while everything in XIV is more or less playable, or at least the game has a fucking sign of balance. In WoW you have entire classes that are fucking unplayable. Look at the fucking Warlock back at the beginning of Legion. Yeah and I bet my ass there's some spec/class that sucks ass too and no one wants.
>>
>>386342751
So what do you do in your MMOs? Just spam emotes with your catgirl? Problem with not keeping ahead is its harder to do that content later. When you come in late and the game requires you to do group stuff that nobody else is doing, you are fucked unless the game just boosts you past needing to even think about old content
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.