[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone's shitposting about splatfest when they should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Octo.png (9KB, 161x98px) Image search: [Google]
Octo.png
9KB, 161x98px
Everyone's shitposting about splatfest when they should be getting hype for playable Octolings. Or being like me and hoping the playable Octoling update comes with something for the Squid Sisters to do outside single player.
>>
File: 1501537976959.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501537976959.gif
1MB, 400x400px
is this real?
>>
>>386328291
Yep. I'd post source but it's
>reddit
They also found some data for new stages for vs and Salmon run, and some weapons. Supposedly Octboy was added rather than having been in the code since the beginning, but I have no proof of that.
>>
playable Octolings has been in the works since Splatoon 1. They found the foundations for it years ago.

Y'all shoulda seen this coming

>Marina is one of the new idols
>Marina helped out with Shifty Zone
>Shifty Zone has Takoyaki just like the ones Octavio cooks on it's stage thumbnail
>Early datamines found Takoyaki food icons that look like they belong in Crusty Sean's Foodtruck
>One of the new Splatfest Tracks is a Octarian inspired track with Marina leading vocals called "Muck Warfare"
>There's lore about Cpt. Cuttlefish going out on a special mission
>Other lore suggests most Octos and Inks don't really think they're at war: Final bossfight of Splatoon 1 was just a legendary concert featuring DJ Octavio and the Squid Sisters.

It's gonna be a big event possibly with a small expansion pack to the singleplayer. Expect it in late October or Early November to put Splatoon 2 back on the radar of the gaming media and general public.
>>
>>386328679
Or just before Christmas so it can have something big to drum up holiday rush sales. That said, the foundation from 1 might have just been a way to make them work for single player, the only thing that makes this notable is the boy octoling, since there's none of them in single player there's no reason to have it in the code besides a single player expantion at least.
>>
>>386328906
>Or just before Christmas
That's Late October or Early November.

The Christmas spending season in in November you dingus. They just need to push it out before Black Friday.

>>386328906
>the foundation from 1
With just a little hacking they managed to make them totally playable. They worked almost 100% with a minor adjustment to some code to make it happen.
>>
Wonder what content they'd come along side. Another singleplayer campaign? A skin for a new competitive mode (ie Octos vs Inklings with higher stakes for winning and losing)?
>>
>>386329242
Small SP campaign no more than 10 levels with a reward of unlocking Octolings to play as in MP.
>>
>>386329006
If I remember correctly they octolings were set up as AI, which is what led me to beleve they were just there for SP. Mayby I'm wrong though.
>>386329242
I think Nintendo will advertise it as Cuttlefish coming home, hinting at something new in single player without spoiling any details, and have the plot explain how the octolings integrated. Plus that would free up the Squid Sisters since Marie is stuck guarding octavio till gramps gets back. I will hold on to my dream of being rid of Off the Hook and bringing back best girls until updates end in a year. Or it actually happens.
>>
>>386329361
>If I remember correctly they octolings were set up as AI
And with less than 30 minutes of fiddling, the Dataminer/Hacker was able to play as them without any difficulties or limitations in terms of abilities. Only issue was cosmetics.

I bet you could go find old footage of it.
>>
>>386329427
No I'm fully aware. My thinking was they rigged them up as alternate inkling skins as a quick n' dirty way of giving them the inkling's abilities.
>>
>>386329361
What if Nintendo let you choose between them? I know they wouldn't do that, they wouldn't want to bother having their team write all that extra, but man it'd be cool.
>>
The only notable difference between octolings and inklings is the hair so it could essentially just be adding another hair customisation option
>>
>>386330220
With how much less dialogue there for stage announcements, I actually wouldn't be that suprised if you could switch. Splatfests are the only hangup. Though they could just do some new thing instead and leave Off the Hook to their news.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.