[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ hate "e-celebs" because they never had the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (27KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
27KB, 1024x576px
Does /v/ hate "e-celebs" because they never had the talent or charisma to be someone worth talking about?
>>
yeah basically
>>
>>386325737
There are a few e-celebs I actually like i.e SomecallmeJohnny and ClementJ64 who are as informative as they are funny but I otherwise can't stand the purely lelsorandumbXD humor types i.e Pewdiepie, Game Grumps, Oney, Two Best Friends etc. and their fankids are worse than ass cancer and deserve to be herded into gas chambers.
>>
>>386325737
>Bill Nye the non-science guy
Dunkey, Jon tron are fine. I also like PlagueOfGripes.
>>
>>386327504
Dunkey I never got the appeal of, he just seemed like an obnoxious juvenile manchild with an annoying voice.

Jontron was fine back when he actually made videos.

Plague I only know of because his art is spammed here.
>>
>>386325737
The only good YouTubers are those who don't do it for the money. The unfortunate side effect of this is that they can make no videos for over a year, but at least when a video comes out it's about something interesting.
>>
>>386327795
It doesn't help that their fans constantly harass them to pump out more videos for their instant gratification. I'd much rather wait a month for a high quality video than have 5-10 mass-produced low quality videos per week.
>>
File: 1438199106275.png (50KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1438199106275.png
50KB, 300x303px
>>386325737
Ecelebs are fine but they shouldn't be allowed to be discussed on /v/.
All eceleb threads are about discussing the eceleb himself, his tweets and gossip involving him and other ecelebs. The videogame discussions are nearly non existent in those threads.
So the problem isn't /v/ being jealous of ecelebs' success. The problem is that eceleb aren't videogame related. Just because they play videogames, it doesn't mean discussing about them equals discussing videogames.

Don't be mad about it. It's just the simple truth.
>>
Only "e-celeb" I like is DashieXP. If it weren't for the fact that he acts like a nigga from the ghetto I wouldn't watch him.

Only lolrandomXDD youtuber I can stomach.
>>
>it's been almost 4 years since fitz died
>>
>>386325737
they are not videogame related, simple as that
its like >>386328116 said. Doesnt help that threads about them are spammed constantly here.
>>
Post your own videos, /v/. I will like and subscribe.
>>
>>386328651
>Doesnt help that threads about them are spammed constantly here by ecelebs themselves or their closest friends
Fixed. It's like marketers for a videogame. Except they force their shit on the wrong board.
>>
>>386325737
/v/ hates e-celebs because they're fucking electronic celebrities
It's the same as people reading retarded gossip magazines about brainless hollywood faggots
It's pointless, retarded, and has no impact on the lives of the people discussing them in any way.

Most of /v/ doesn't just hate content creators, when people are talking about actual shit made by people there's rarely more than an occasional >e-celebs post in thread. The bitching comes when you get awful threads with post after post discussing drama or "speculating" about the lives of some worthless faggots who just so happen to make humourous videogame related videos.
>>
>>386325737
I like them but there are not video games
>>
I just hate e-celeb threads because they're filled with underage. If you keep posting e-celeb threads, they'll keep thinking it's okay. Out of all the cancer on this board, e-celeb garbage is really high up there.
>>
File: 1429224217504.gif (3MB, 303x333px) Image search: [Google]
1429224217504.gif
3MB, 303x333px
>>386328116
But what board should ecelebs be devoted to?

This is an issue on more than /v/
>Jack threads on /ck/
>RLM threads on /tv/

I'm not arguing for them being discussed her, just wondering what a good solution would be.
>>
>>386325737
gookmoot should made an e-celeb board
>>
>>386328942
/b/ or /trash/. Alternatively, put it all in one general on /vg/ for containment.
>>
>>386326139
Don't answer for us, especially if you're going to be wrong
>>
>>386328942
"Eceleb" is a new cultural thing, no matter if we like it or not.
As much as I don't like making boards for everything, if boards like /vip/, /trash/ and [s4s] exist, then making an /eceleb/ board shouldn't be that bad.
All eceleb threads should go there, mods can simply move them there instead of deleting them.
>>
Most streamers are too entitled
They think they're better than their viewers, and are arrogant about it and their job
Witwix is a good example of streamer arrogance
>>
>>386327653
Jon posted a few tweets about project delays for an upcoming video a while ago. the poor guy is just busy
>>
>>386325737
my worst fear is ever becoming a public figure with any sort of exposure, so no
>>
>>386328942
nowhere, it shouldnt exist here at all. acceptance of it is like giving an inch when they will take a mile and then some
>>
>>386327653
>Jontron was fine

"no"
>>
>>386328942
RLM is different. People are probably fine discussing AVGN, but the average twitch streamer has nothing to discuss outside of drama.

>>386329109
There's an /lp/ board on [censored]
>>
>>386325737
Bill Nye is a stupid kike.
>>
>>386325737
>people are so underage that a containment e-celeb board is necessary at this point
>>
>>386328823
good example i can think of is that guy who make those live action oblivion skits. not one mention of e-celeb despite several threads
>>
>>386329374
i get what you are saying but there is a dedicated my little pony board, e-celeb worship was an inevitability
>>
>>386325737
you don't need talent and charisma.
you just need the platform ,the audience and the will to put out content that people might find entertaining.

I've been thinking about jumping on that train myself but without ever showing my face. problem just is that I don't like social media at all.

I'm not a turbo normie cuck after all that makes videos that are about crying in front of a camera because of """heartbreaking""" first-world problems and then collecting brownie points from your retarded audience. those people look inauthentic and like total fucking fools. fuck normies.
>>
>>386329283
You perfectly know that won't stop people from making threads about them. You gotta give them a quarantine board where they can be cancerous without infecting other boards.
>>
What does Bill Nye do nowadays?
>>
>>386329632
Btfos religion
>>
>>386329684
hope he gets cancer and dies then. atheism is a mental illness and a non-substantial pathetic worldview.
>>
"Discussing" e-celebs and enabling them is in no way different from when 13year old teenage girls starts gossiping about their favorite celebrities.

Mentally guys that discuss e-celebs are even lower than teenage girls.
>>
>>386329872
Doing criticism against religion doesn't make you an atheist. The world isn't black or white.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (5KB, 334x151px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
5KB, 334x151px
>>386329872
>>
>>386329872
*tips deus vult*
>>
>>386329948
>Doing criticism against religion doesn't make you an atheist.

it usually does though. that's usually part of the cuck pattern.

>The world isn't black or white.

tell that to atheist niggers.

>>386330008
that's right. I tip my medieval Templar Knight Helmet.
>>
>>386329578
quarantining only works when there an authoritarian system that stops would be escapists. When a board is created for a topic it sends a message that such methodology can be repeated for other topics. How long until furryshit escapes from /trash/?
>>
>>386329632
being a liberal retardad trying to imprison people that don't believe that humans are the major factor for climate change.
>>
>>386329872
how does it feel to be a rape victim of zoroastrianism?
>>
>>386329872
I just don't think there's any evidence at all to support any kind of god. You can't use the bible as a credible source when it hasn't been proven right about anything. There's nothing wrong with wanting to believe in an afterlife and I don't want to stop anyone from believing, but in the modern world its almost impossible to lie to yourself about something like that
>>
>>386329872
>hope he gets cancer and dies then
Isn't that something a religious person wouldn't or shouldn't say?
>>
>>386330159
>How long until furryshit escapes from /trash/?
It already happens. But hear me out, before /trash/ there were MANY more furry threads around here. We still have the occasional furry threads but they are thankfully less, thanks to /trash/.
Apply the same reasoning to /mlp/ and brony threads.
An /eceleb/ board would create the same effect.

What effect would deleting all eceleb threads give us? That autistic eceleb lovers would intensity their activity to spite mods until mods give up.
With a dedicated board, this wouldn't happen.
I hate ecelebs as much as you but life is about making compromises, you can't delete problems all together.
>>
>>386325737
I actually am an e-celeb I guess but I don't blame people for grtting annoyed by it. I kinda cringe every time I see my name pop up.
>>
>>386330559
Woah there, don't give yourself too much credit.
>>
>>386329020
New /ic/ board internet culture
>>
>>386330492
>That autistic eceleb lovers would intensity their activity to spite mods until mods give up.
that is the primary issue, if deletion was dedicated until it stopped altogether there would be no need for compromise. Given current circumstances i agree that containment probably is the best option, however stopping such posting altogether is highly achievable if the moderation was correctly implemented. Thats what annoys me.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.