[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of DOOM? The campaign was pretty good but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: m.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
What does /v/ think of DOOM?
The campaign was pretty good but it does drags a bit (not as much as doom 3 tho) and I find the game really lacks a bit when it comes to bosses.
>>
I enjoyed it and didn't think it dragged on at all.

Then again, I didn't hunt any of the hidden items my first go-through. I blitzed through on Hard, had a blast, and then went back and found all the collectibles.

Pretty good game.

Makes me wonder what the previous concept of their Doom game was if it was so bad that Carmack standing up and telling them that Doom was about shotguns and killing demons made them completely reconsider and scrap the entire thing for what we got. Must have been a massive pile of shit.
>>
>>386313127
It's well-balanced in terms of its mechanics, if a bit too easy on anything but the hardest difficulty. The weapons are all satisfying, and the rune trials are a nice way to mix things up and test your various skills. It knew exactly what it needed to be and aspired to be a smart, fast shooter. Say what you will about Bethesda, but as a publisher they've really brought some great titles out with their various studios in the last few years. Wolfenstein is shaping up to be a hot series again, especially after how amazing TNO was.
>>
>>386313452
You didn't see the original Doom 4 trailer? It was fucking awful.
Scrapping that shit was the best thing they could do.
>>
>that ending
shitty decision desu
>>
Hate it, it looks and sounds nice as expected from a AAA production but the aspects of the gameplay and levels are poor and nonsensical even, Frankly it ain't Doom and anyone that thinks otherwise simply doesn't understand why the old games are held in such high regard
>>386313452
It was Bethesda that killed the project not Carmack but he is still correct about "demons and shotguns", Whoever is left at id should have taken the hint
>>
>>386313932
I thought it was fine, what would you'd prefer?
>>
>>386313127
too easy with the weapons upgrade almosta9/10
so even in nightmare the end of the game is still easy
7/10
>>
File: specialsnowflake.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
specialsnowflake.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>386313940
>contrarian
>>
>>386313127
The game was great and I don't think it dragged on too much. Liked how each map was self contained and was full of secrets and interlooping paths.

Bosses were kinda weak and practically came one after another towards the last quarter of the game. Could've used more creative and interesting bosses (cyber demon and mastermind were cool reimaginings)
>>
A lot better than I expected. I just hope the sequel has faster movement and fewer locked arenas.
>>
>>386314139
oh yeah I forgot you aren't allowed to criticise anything about this game unless you want to get bombarded by retarded buzzword spewing fanboys
>>
>>386313940
But the old games are still there, and you know it. You can still play them just fine; why should the new game try to be exactly like them? It'd be a waste of time.

It emulates enough of their aspects while providing a different, but still meritorious gameplay experience. And if you don't think that, well, that's all right. Keep playing Doom II; there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>386314318
Doom II is the worst doom though the map are so "notasgoodasthefirstone"every time
>>
>>386314078
what about ultra nightmare?
I also found the game super easy too on normal, it's like you have so many stuff but barely any reason to use them all.
>>
>>386314409
By now, there's so much user-made content that it doesn't matter. I can't live without that super shotgun and the Doom II monster crew.
>>
>>386314421
ultra nightmare is just a no save mod so it really just makes things a bit more tedious
you will always have a lot of ammo apart from the very beginning of the game because of the chainsaw etc
anything below ultraviolence isn't worth playing imo
>>
>>386314318
this argument makes no sense as the new Doom's sellign point was that it was going back to it's roots and what we got instead was some half baked power fantasy "experience" NOT a Doom game
and the old games are great but new games should learn from them and take on board their design and balancing principles
>>386314409
the levels are actual levels with systems that can be learned
>>
>>386314528
yeah but still
first time i played doom i was really pumped up until the end and played it in one setting
Doom 2 just don't gave me that feeling it was even tedious at some point
again UV was the best difficulty setting for maximum fun and a decent challenge
>>
File: Akko.gif (190KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Akko.gif
190KB, 360x360px
>>386314276
>responds with buzzwords
>>
File: DOOM Guy animated.png (196KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
DOOM Guy animated.png
196KB, 557x605px
>>386314816
I like the new DOOM better.
>>
>>386313127
I liked it well enough. I should replay it sometime.
But good as it was, I really wish there was a way to remove the arena lockdowns. Also some guns were underwhelming or ran contrary to the whole "run and kill everything in your path" philosophy.
Berserk not being chain glory kills would be nice too.
>>
anything after the cyberdemon is utter shit, the arena lockdown system is awful.
>>
>>386315717
what didn't you like about it?
>>
>>386316139
There is really nothing new and it's going from one arena to the next arena, it does feel like painkiller at that point.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.