[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't video games fun anymore? What was the last video

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1355652132561.jpg (495KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1355652132561.jpg
495KB, 1680x1050px
Why aren't video games fun anymore?
What was the last video game you enjoyed?
What's the longest you're able to play a video game without being interrupted or distracted?

Dark Souls III
17 minutes
>>
>>386304953

have you gotten older? are you just playing games because "hey, i've always played games."

let me ask you, dear anon. when was the last time you sat back, latenight on a friday, with snacks around you (possibly while on your pajamas) to play a videogame just for the fuck of it?

you have responsabilities, you have a life. this is bleeding into your gaming time, turning it into playing for the sake of just... playing, playing without having fun, without enjoying, being distracted or interrupted with unimportant tasks.

why?
>>
>>386304953
Games are still fun, you just have the attention span of a gold fish
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-05-23-00-15.png (722KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-05-23-00-15.png
722KB, 1440x2560px
>>386304953
The longest game i played with no breaks were the batman arkham asylum and city. Those are my favorite games of all time. There are fun games anon, you just have to hunt for them and give them a chance.
>>
>>386304953
I just have very specific choices when it comes to games I can enjoy and play on end without interruption. Since the 2000 the only games I can play continuously without ever having need to give them up are:

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Rome: Total War
Mount & Blade Warband (hopefully Bannerlord)
Europa Universalis 3 or 4 (prefer 4 but I could easily go back to 3 if I found myself without)
Metal Gear Solid V (enjoyed all of the series but V has that sandbox nature similar to OPF and M&B that sticks with me)
>>
I'm having actual fun playing through the new PoE content. Already have 12 hours on my harbinger sunder marauder
>>
Literally every time I sit down to play video games I have fun. I am currently playing modded Napoleon: Total War and am having a blast.
>>
>>386304953
I've been enjoying games just fine lately, but probably the most unbridled pure fun I've had with a game that has had a lasting impression on me was Bloodborne. God fucking damn I love that game so much.
>>
>>386304953
Are you fapping every day? Multiple times even? That really drains you of your will to do anything.

>>386305267
>you have responsabilities, you have a life.
I thought everyone here was an autistic shut-in neet
>>
>>386305267
Dark Souls III>>386305306
>>
>>386306074

even as an autistic shut in, some peeps have to do... y'know, learning shit, jobs, earning money for more videogames and shit.
>>
>>386304953
Times change and we grow up. My game time has been shredded since having a kid and even when I do get the chance yo play I opt to do something less active like watch a movie or hop on YT. It doesn't help that my library has remained stagnant for a while. I rarely buy games sue to no money or a lack of interest. I've bought a total of 3 games this year, with Prey being the only one released this year.
>>
File: 1492618575620.jpg (43KB, 347x426px) Image search: [Google]
1492618575620.jpg
43KB, 347x426px
>>386305308
>not modding your ekbok and ps2
Are you retarded
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.