[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get this game but was it really so bad that it killed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: second son.jpg (752KB, 2000x1444px) Image search: [Google]
second son.jpg
752KB, 2000x1444px
I want to get this game but was it really so bad that it killed the Infamous series entirely?
>>
No hot opinions?
>>
>>386295787
What? I loved this game does everyone really call it bad? Only game I ever went for Platinum trophies in.

I thought the game looked beautiful, the skills made you feel like a badass, and the world is great to free roam too.
>>
>>386296504
Not saying its bad, it looks pretty awesome to me and the first two infamous games were some of my favorites, but the series went silent afterwards.

Maybe the ending was super conclusive to the world and I'm just being dumb
>>
File: 1498421342059.png (68KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1498421342059.png
68KB, 500x380px
Wait what?
I enjoyed it. Infamous is one of my favorite series.

It sold as well as every other infamous. Nothing blockbuster, but a good time. It was a long time between Infamous 2 and Second Son. Last Light was just DLC expansion standalone, basically.

Moving around the city just feels nice.

Can we have an infamous thread?

Twice as bright....
>>
>>386295787
The gameplay was fun, but the story was pretty lackluster, and the endings (which were determined by being good or evil all game) were not satisfying at all.

If you want a game where you can fly around with super powers, I'd just play a modded version of GTA or Saints Row 4.
>>
>killed the Infamous series
Eh, it's not like it was a major headlining series in the first place. It and Prototype were just fun little open world romps where your character has some gimmick that makes them OP.
>>
It's a really fun game! Don't know how many times I watched this trailer, loved it so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFukFWFndEk in 2013. Fuck, almost 4 years.
>>
No it was great. Sucker Punch just want to do something else
>>
It's alright, the spray paint minigame if you can call it that is fucking retarded though.
>>
It was a decent game, but it really suffered being pushed out the door by Sony to have a launch title. The particle effects were nice, and traversing the city with Neon was a blast. There was a lot more potential to be had with this game and I genuinely wish they could have focused on a single power instead of divvying it up like that; concrete was fucking useless and we never even got paper.
>>
The infamous games always had shit story. Seattle is a wonderful city and the gameplay is almost better than ever. Wish Seattle actually looked that nice irl, but hey. Music is nice and I can't believe they didn't focus more on the actual second son part.
>>
2>1>SS
>>
nah infamous 2 killed the series they threw out the grim story telling and made it comical.
>>
>>386295787
It was alright it looked good but the world was boring and the side quests are repetitive as fuck the evil path ending was good though
>>
>>386296504
Literally this, plus with the different skill trees adding some flavour to the gameplay itself when you got bored. I fucking loved SS.
>>
It doesn't run too well but it's pretty good. Desmond feels like it was written by middle-aged men trying to be hip.
>>
File: 1501551433160.jpg (62KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
1501551433160.jpg
62KB, 640x592px
>>386297584
Infamous is one of my favorites, but seriously the repetitive sidequests can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>386297539
2 was less edgy but more compelling story wise.
>>
>>386297785
>Counter Surveillance
>>
Second Son is pretty good and I had fun with it. Best looking game before Uncharted 4 came out IMO.
>>
>>386297904
>compelling story wise

all u did was walk around with ur thumb up ur ass as u wait for the beast to arrive then kill him. Literally no story at all
>>
It was alright. A bit too short in my opinion but /I bought it for $60 on release.
>>
>>386295787
Game is too casual
They got rid of big monsters for random militia guys.
Characters and story sucks.
City was meh.
>>
Did anybody genuinely feel betrayed by Zeke in I1? I always kind of wondered since people I know didn't like Zeke anymore after what happened and were upset about his inclusion in 2.
>>
>>386298125
go read the plot synopsis
>>
>>386298745
total dick move on his part, cole prety much does shut him out almost completely until zeke starts to prove himself. iirc he saves your life a few times and becomes bro tier by the end of 2.
>>
I really enjoyed it, my first ps4 game
>>
I heard Delsin and Fetch actually fuck if you go the evil route. I wouldn't know because I played the good route and then dropped the game because it was so forgettable.
>>
>>386297682
He sounds so fucking tublr-ish, it was insane how much my perspective changed on the message over my 4 playthroughs since release, with 2 from release and 2 last week, the dialogue amd story are not selling points. Fun as fuck though.
>>
>>386295787

It was a very enjoyable game. Very easy to platinum too.
>>
>>386295787
I liked it. Not as good as 2 but still worth it.
>>
>>386295787
Sony never sticks with their IP forever, it's why they're such a mixed bag. Second Son was pretty good, but a step down from inFamous 2. You can tell it was hurried along for the launch window.

Despite his appearance, I ended up really liking Delsin and his dynamic with his brother.
>>
>>386295787
I mean, I liked it. Not as much as the others, but I liked it. AND it was the best selling Infamous game in the series.

Maybe they just wanted to move on? Same thing with Killzone. Shadow Fall was great success commercially, but they decided to do something else anyway, something even more commercially successful.
>>
File: i gotta try.png (245KB, 853x465px) Image search: [Google]
i gotta try.png
245KB, 853x465px
>>386297539
Nah
>>
>>386295787
The game is way too easy on hard, the map is small, they ditched side missions entirely (which finally got fleshed out in inFamous 2), they got rid of the random things that could earn you small amounts of karma (beat up street performer or defuse a blast shard bomb), there isn't enough to do, everything is on the map, when before blast shards would be hidden and you'd have to work for an upgrade to find the nearest ones.
There's also the issue of story and characters. All the characters sound like what Hollywood producers think will sell to teens, with generic brother who acts like a dick to his brother then sacrifices himself, douche maincharacter who is impossible to like, female that is """"""""morally grey"""""""""" and does drugs, nerd stereotype, villain that is """"""""""""complex""""""""""""" but is just an irredeemable bitch when you break her down.
The story lowers the stakes quite a bit. Even Festival of Blood had more stakes. It goes from 'Stop people from abusing the ray sphere/save the world/save the world from vampires' to 'save this first nations tribe and maybe some conduits.'
Also, the evil and good sides barely fucking matter here. Before there'd be exclusive side missions and altered cutscenes, and in inFamous 2 characters would be the enemy depending on your side, but in Second Son, the only difference is the ending and maybe one or two upgrades.
Shit game, get the originals
>>
Why the fuck are Sucker Punch not the ones making Spidey? Literally copy Infamous but with web powers, and remove the karma system. Bam, perfect Spidey game
>>
>>386301318
i thought the same desu
Second Son showed me a glimpse of what super hero games could actually play like
>>
File: 646554662132.png (13KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
646554662132.png
13KB, 273x185px
>>386300997
That scene made me cry
>>
>>386298125
Except you did do a lot. You had to power up to stop The Beast because you got your ass handed to him, you had to help the people from an overbearing miltia that took over the city, you had to help Nix with her issues and Kuo with being a conduit, and near the end, after you've interacted with all those characters, you find out the Beast is really John from the first game, who is actually acting as a moving ray sphere to awaken conduits at the cost of people who are dying because of the radiation from the ray sphere and other conduits. And after all that, you have to decide between an assured plan that will save hundreds of thousands but kill millions-billions, or choose a more risky plan that kill all the conduits but destroys the ray sphere radition saving majority of the people.
Fuck off PS4tard
>>
>>386295787
Fuck the big brother
>>
>>386301189
>they got rid of the random things that could earn you small amounts of karma (beat up street performer or defuse a blast shard bomb),

those are still there
>>
>>386295787
No. But it did some questionable things like the LE had DLC basically saying the good end of Infamous 2 was canon, Paper trails dlc doesn't really add anything and the final power you get isn't as expansive as the other two you get.
>>
>>386303032
I haven't played the game since 2014, but I don't really remember them being there. If they were, then they were buried under the memories of checking the map to go to the next blast shard, because those are on the map now
>>
>>386295787
>>386295787
It's not bad, just too short and the powers are too same-y
>>
>>386299189
Yeah they do. Fetch cums painful sparks at the end and apologizes for it.
>>
>>386299189
>Delsin and Fetch actually fuck if you go the evil route
Pretty sure they did, she at the very least, sucked his dick.
>>
File: 1501975821178.png (366KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1501975821178.png
366KB, 800x450px
People were just coming off the Infamous 2 high, and the main character came off as Donte but with power stealing powers.
>>
Reminder Sucker punch next game is a open eorld cyberpunk game called The Sentinel
>>
>>386295787
It's a third person shooter with bullet sponge enemies and alright movement.
It's decent overall, I'd rather replay a better game but worth getting if you have nothing else to play and find it for cheap.
>>
>>386303965
Citation please
>>
>>386304313
Me
>>
>>386303610
>>386303717
Damn, maybe I should replay this game again, because the good route was shit and gave me blue balls
>>
>>386297229
rainy seattle was seriously top comfy.
>>
I failed at being evil already, I couldn't sacrifice the tribe
>>
>>386295787
Fun to play and pretty to look at, no depth. Gameplay is smooth but game is easy and repetitive
>>
Haven't played this on the Pro yet
Might actually go giving it a 7th playthrough
>>
>>386295787
The game wasn't bad at all. Pretty mediocre, but not a horrible game.
>>
>>386307821

You must really like this game, anon. Good for you.
>>
>>386310724
I've play InFamous 1 to completion a total of 28 times.
>>
>>386295787
Pretty good first-year console fare. I liked it and the expansion.
>>
The game is short, the only memorable/likable character is Reggie, the powers(while unique no doubt) just aren't as fun as past powers, concrete is unfinished, Delson is unlikable no matter the route taken, side quest variety is less than what was in 2, Seattle is boring as shit and a bitch to navigate due to how samey everything is. Overall I'd give it a 7 or something. Average.
>>
Second Son was great. It had some pretty annoying flaws, like concrete was supposed to be the one element above all others and it turned out to be incredibly underdeveloped and boring to use. Paper Trail also was a really awesome concept but they completely blue balled everyone and didn't make all the effort worth it at all.

Delsin was pretty unlikable as a character but they tried their hardest to make him a Gary Stu.

>I can steal powers from other conduits because reasons

Seattle was a great setting although things started to look and feel the same after a while. Overall it wasn't as good as Infamous 2 but there were a lot of good new ideas presented.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.