[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GameCenter CX features far too many hard platforming games, far

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: Wesker, stars.jpg (70KB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
Wesker, stars.jpg
70KB, 716x402px
GameCenter CX features far too many hard platforming games, far too few games from the PC-E, Saturn, Playstation, and Dreamcast.

They've done one 3D horror game which is Biohazard. I'd wish they'd do more of those 3D puzzle exploration games.
>>
What program do I use to sub videos?
>>
>>386285546
They have to test the games out before Arino gets them to make sure they can be beat in the time limit, so most PSX/Dreamcast games won't work. No idea why there aren't more puzzle/exploration games though, considering Arino says that's his strong spot
>>
>>386285770

Like creating the actual subs? Presumably you don't mean playing sub files, since any media player does that.
>>
>>386286101
Yes? I don't know shit about subbing, I'm sorry, but I do know japanese and I thought it'd be nice to sub some episodes in my free time.
>>
>>386285824

Symphony of the night would be great.
>>
>>386286289

Sub Biohazard since no one's doing it and it's the most interesting ep so far.
>>
>>386286289

Ask /g/. There's also the SA threads where they work together on GCCX.
>>
>>386285546
they did RE? huh. yeah, they should do more games from that era.
>>
>>386286309
or oddworld. considering how much arino loves prince of Persia styled games.
>>
>>386287019

Especially "survival horror". They're 3-6 hours long typically, you can beat them in one sitting, and they're puzzle-exploration based. Seeing Arino grapple with the puzzles would be cool as hell.

Silent Hill would be perfect. Can you imagine Arino grappling with these obtuse puzzles? There's NO fucking way he'd get the Good+ ending on normal.
>>
That's very specific. Why is it so crucial he plays games from thosr particular platforms?
>>
>>386287019
>they did RE?
Yeah, Director's Cut was a DVD bonus a couple years ago.

https://pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral
>>
>>386288767
>That's very specific. Why is it so crucial he plays games from thosr particular platforms?

It's mostly Retro games, but it's an endless parade of Famicom and Super Famicom. Saturn, Mega Drive, PC-Engine, Saturn, and Playstation are mostly ignored. The Saturn/Playstation even has tons of 2D platformers, so it'd be a nice break if they still want to play platformers.
>>
>>386289087
He actually played four PCE and zero SFC last season.
>>
>>386288889
>>386289468
Still no SFC this season yet either.
>>
>>386289468

Well, I haven't seen it for years.

I know FC and SFC were SUPER popular, and that bias is reflected in the games.
>>
>Great show, dead subbing community
Might as well erase this show from my memory because it hurts so much.
>>
>>386288889
>over 2 years since they said they'd allow more PS1/SS/3DO games
>haven't done a single 3DO challenge yet
>>
File: MewaRxo.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MewaRxo.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>Season 20: Episode 7 Excerpt (#223E) "I Ended Up Inside a Video Game" Children's Book Announcement [SA-GCCX]

>This brief excerpt from #223 features Arino's reactions to the announcement of the children's book written by Tsuyoshi Kan. (GCCX Producer & Narrator) and illustrated by Nina Matsumoto (SA-GCCX Translator zari-gani). "I'm Stuck in a Video Game" has since become the official English title for the North American release, translated by Nina Matsumoto herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=673iHGEDG4M

This is super cool. Nina Matsumoto is an American, and heard about the show via online popularity. She's an aritst and has submitted "fan art". They said they liked her fanart so much they asked if they could use it. She was then shocked that they ended up using it for the DVD cover of the American episode. I guess she thougth they'd just put it up on a website or something. Her art has been featured elsewhere on the show as well.

It's nice to see that she's been hired for GC-CX related projects.
>>
>>386286289
As the other anon said, please subtitle Biohazard. There are raw files available in different places, I can look for them for you.
>>
>>386291121
Except she's been so busy with paying work now that she's barely had time to translate lately.
>>
>>386287115
Wasn't it pretty popular in Japan? I remember funny "Abe a GoGo" TV ads.
>>
>>386291303
He said he doesn't know shit about subbing and who knows how good his Japanese is though. Not a great starting point.
>>
>>386291121
>children's book written by Tsuyoshi Kan
Kan always comes off as such a stern person I can't imagine the guy making a children's book.
>>
>>386288889
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbfYPgZQh0o&t=851
KOWAI
>>
>>386291503
I think my jap is pretty okay. I translate doujins when I'm not doing anything.
>>
>>386291651
I've heard he's actually a really nice guy. He's stern when he has to worry about deadlines and budgets and shit when they're shooting the show.
>>
>>386291889
Translating well for a TV show with a lot of improvisation and mumbling and puns is guaranteed to be much harder than that.
>>
>>386285770
>>386286289
If you want to make an .srt there's a decent program called subtitle workshop, but I feel like GCCX might need hardsubs.
Also has anyone ever uploaded the dvd? the 'ultimate pack' or whatever that used to be on nyaa excluded the dvd eps to support the show, but now the dvd is out of print and hard to find so those episodes are kind of lost.
>>
>>386291121
Nina was part of the SA-GCCX translation team if i remember right. I wish those guys would get back together and work on more eps but I guess they don't have time anymore. Yellow subs are comfy as fuck.
>>
>>386292121
>>386291889

Something I found out is that Anime typically has cleaner and simplified kind of dialogue. It's like a Children's show typically. Real life dialogue is much more complex, stuttery, and filled with illusions and jokes you have no idea to translate. So now you have to look up some obscure Japanese turn of phrase to understand what they're meaning, or some historical figure they made a joke about.
>>
File: dktSGgN[1].jpg (50KB, 576x416px) Image search: [Google]
dktSGgN[1].jpg
50KB, 576x416px
>>386292193
>hardsubs
>>
>>386292427
I still have that complete 2015 collection, the one that went down with Kickass Torrents :^)
>>
>>386292568
It's what every single GCCX episode has so i'm not sure what your point is here.
Frankly softsubs are pointless for this kind of thing, if you understand japanese just watch the raw.
>>
>>386292427
She's still part of the team. They've subbed a few episodes this year, just not nearly at the same pace as they used to.

>>386292630
It's still up and seeded on nyaa.si. I think that pastebin has the link somewhere.
>>
>>386292463
That's pretty much true. Anime is obviously completely scripted and much more simple. Even when characters do something like interrupt each other, there's usually a clear break between lines without overlapping or swallowing words.
>>
>>386292849

>update sub file
>3.5 kb file to download
>update hardsub
>811 mb file to download
>>
>>386293875
Doesn't really happen with gccx, but also 811mb isn't exactly much on the modern internet.
But what i meant with my original point is GCCX has lots of text on screen that requires translating and an .srt isn't cut out for that since it always displays at the bottom of the picture.
Now whatever those fancy anime .mkv subbers are using would work, but I don't think the program I recommended is that advanced.
>>
>>386291121
>Sucking Goon dick
>Forgets the fact that they are suffering from Trump Administration level mismanagement of their translation team where nothing gets put out.
>B-b-b-but heady!
After a year's drought, and don't forget they have multiple translators in the group so there's no excuse for not having someone around to work.

This is why we need multiple translation groups, because the same thing happened after Clover died, then we had the Tumblr and /vr/ group before they went capoot. Now, no one so there is no urgency to remain relevant because no one else will threaten their place
>>
>>386289087
It's probaly because FC and SFC is what most Japanese people associate with retro games.
>>
>>386285546
arino doesn't understand 3 dimensions
>>
File: 1490039449591.jpg (50KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490039449591.jpg
50KB, 750x400px
>>386292193
>MFW got a pirated version of the licensed episodes.
If I had the raws of all of them. We should see if we can combine the translation of the DVDs and all the extra bits that had to be cut but were translated and released separately in order to force people to buy the DVDs that flopped..
>>
>>386295021
He and Hamaguchi are playing Minecraft all summer though.
>>386288889
>>386291721
>>
>>386291721
>>386295396
Found this when I added a Jap account for my switch. I never jumped on the autism train when this started on /v/, so I have no idea what they're doing.

Also did anyone ever save the videos of Arino at the Switch premier event where he played Snipperclips?
>>
>>386295931
>Also did anyone ever save the videos of Arino at the Switch premier event where he played Snipperclips?
The pastebin news feed has all the Arino bits time coded. It says Nintendo made the youtube vids private but all those niconico links should still work.
>>
>>386295396
Are there any plans of this getting subbed? I watched them in Japanese and it's the best shit I've ever watched and I don't even like Minecraft. Hamaguchi and Arino make up a perfect pair.
>>
>>386297037
Considering the episodes will add up to like 4 hours when they're done with all 12 of them, I would guess that translating them will be a very low priority for quite some time.
>>
>>386297356
I've thought about subbing them myself, but I'd need help with editing the videos and shit. And I don't want to spend weeks subbing something that'll get subbed by the dedicated GameCenter CX sub group a few months later anyway.
>>
>>386297037
>Hamaguchi and Arino make up a perfect pair.
That's because they've been a comedy duo for like 27 years and they're almost exactly the same age. They fit well together.
>>
>>386296435
>Niconico
To which you have to pay for the premium to see it.
>>
>>386299452
I think you can watch this one with a free account, but you do need an account.
>>
>>386295325
Some of the licensed eps have older translations by the SAGCCX team, the fag maintaining the torrent removed them to shill the limited-run dvd for some reason. Also considering how niche the product is I don't think they really flopped, unless you're talking about that godfuckawful kotaku retro game master shit which I have not and likely will never stoop to watching.
>>
>>386285546
Right now he's doing Minecraft on the Switch with his comedo duo buddy. You can watch them on the Nintendo Japan YT channel
>>
>>386301678
Yeah we've been talking about that in the thread.
>>
>>386291121
Whenever I see a japanese game culture item in a warmly lit diagonal position like your pic I hear that "oooOOooo oo OOOo" jingle from GCCX
>>
>>386291121
>Nina Matsumoto is an American
She's actually a Canadian.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.