[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been thinking about it, and I've reached the conclusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: goomba.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
goomba.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
I've been thinking about it, and I've reached the conclusion that the single biggest failure of an enemy in video game history is the very first Goomba in Super Mario Bros.

Just imagine how many countless millions of times this very goomba has been killed by people worldwide while offering no more than token resistance.
>>
Okay, but now imagine how many people who, playing a video game for the first time and not understanding how buttons work, were slain by this genocidal monstrosity.
>>
>>386275534
Females probably die to it all the time
>>
>>386275534
i have to be honest with you: i have never beaten this part. i can get the first box but then that goomba kills me every single time. i don't know what to do.
>>
>>386275534
The Goomba would have won quite a few thousand times against players who failed from mistiming. Hitting the first block would send you heading back down as you go forwards, ending up touching the Goomba if you don't hit A fast enough.
>>
>>386275534
This single Goomba likely has the highest kill count of any common enemy in vidya history.
>Very first enemy in the smash hit game of the century
>Would have killed thousands and thousands of players who didn't know how to jump, mistimed their jump, or ran into it while rushing
>Still racking up kills after 32 years of slaughter
His kill count at this point is likely in the millions. He's the very first obstacle meant to teach players a valuable and important mechanic, so while he has been killed countless times before he's also killed countless players.
>>
>>386276931
this is so deep.... do you mind if i post on reddit?
>>
>>386277192
Jokes on you, I stole it from Reddit. This thread topic came from Reddit too.
Put me in the screencap, Reddit.
>>
>>386275534
>it's the worst because it was a popular game
solid
>>
back then it was rtfm
>>
>>386277394
You're forgetting you are on Reddit
>>
>>386276931
Then there are people like me that run into him still because who gives a shit.
>>
>>386278440
t. redditor
>>
>>386278632
You sound like a real mad lad!
>>
>>386277394
>>386278440
>>386278721

Do you guys mind if I screencap these and post it on reddit?
>>
File: 1410534262080.gif (99KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1410534262080.gif
99KB, 294x233px
>>386276931
>>
>>386275534
It teaches you to jump and that enemies kill you on contact from the side.
>>
>>386276931
>This single Goomba likely has the highest kill count of any common enemy in vidya history.

Who are the pacman ghosts?
>>
>>386275672
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UwToHbkNNM
>>
>>386275534

Despite being one of the most iconic enemies in video games, the Goomba was really just an afterthought.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goomba
>They were included late in the development of Super Mario Bros. in order to create a simple, easy-to-defeat enemy.
>Its late addition to the game resulted in its simple animation
>>
>>386280719
EEEYEEEEEAAAAAAH

This is so disgustingly 80's I'm not sure how to feel about it.
>>
>>386275672
This one time we hosted a small panel where people could experience old consoles and computers with SMB running.

Several younglings tried it and not a single one of them at any point got past that goomba. Not one.
>>
>>386281076
That's the point of those, sonny. They made fun of 80's commercials and gaming related shows and whatnot.
>>
>>386280719
I remember this series. I found it funny mainly because I hadn't found out about AVGN at the time of watching.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.