[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DS3 + DLC is the best Soulsborn game but it released at a point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
DS3 + DLC is the best Soulsborn game but it released at a point where everybody was already burned out on the series.
>>
>>386275320
Agreed
>>
>>386275320
Yeah, pretty much. I think I'll revisit it in a year or so.
>>
>>386275320

BB + DLC is still the best in my opinion
>>
Not really. I can still go back to all earlier titles and enjoy them more than 3.
>>
>>386275320
1+2 are better senpai. 2's DLC shits all over 3 and what ever else 3 has to offer. 1 was the best. 3 was shit.and made no fucking sense K thx bai
>>
DS1 DOES feel clunky after playing DS3 but it's still the best by far.
>>
I still haven't beat the second DLC. Is it worth it?
>>
>>386278589
It's quite good. OK length and areas. 2 great bosses.
>>
>>386275320
I absolutely loved my first run of ds3 and the dlcs but I can't enjoy replaying it. I can't pinpoint why.
>>
File: 565478877.png (139KB, 377x689px) Image search: [Google]
565478877.png
139KB, 377x689px
>>386275320
Strongly disagree
The Dark Souls 3 dlcs do nothing to fix the problems that people have with Dark Souls 3. It's still mostly linear and it's still an unbalanced mess from both a pvp and pve perspective.

But I guess if you only play through games once you might enjoy Dark Souls 3 if that playthough involved you using a quick weapon like the longsword (the only weapons the game was actually balanced for).
>>
>linear map forcing you to go through the same shit brown/piss yellow areas connected by swamps
>builds severely impacted by this as you can't rush the items you want
>no NG+ content
>"n-no it's because people were just burned out on the series not because DS3 has 0 replay value"

into the trash it goes
>>
>>386275320
had a year break before playing it and still didnt like it
>>
>>386278176

I still don't understand all the praise 2's DLC gets. Yes it's better than the base game, but it's not hard to be better than a game that sets a bar that low. DaS2 DLC only has size and quantity going for it, otherwise it's entirely unremarkable and suffers the same shitty design the base game has.
>>
/v/ hates it because its the newest entry but it is the best game for sure

i was so disappointed finally getting a ps4 to play bloodborne then realising ds3 is much better
>>
>>386277868
This. Long time fan of the souls games, poured countless hours into DeS and DS1 when they first launched, just doing random challenge runthroughs over and over. When DS2 came out I didn't like it as much but still played through it once or twice since some aspects of it (like the pvp) did feel a lot better. Skipped BB on launch due to it looking like it wouldn't appeal to me and picked up DS3 when that came out later instead. As polished and atmospheric as it was, just couldn't get into DS3 for some reason. Felt like it was a cleaner rehash of a thousand things the previous games had already done. Ended up dropping it and trying BB instead and holy shit, I hadn't been that sucked into a game in years. Once it finally clicked ended up doing nothing but playing that game for weeks at a time after work and on weekends. There's just so much they did right with BB, it's a damn shame we're not getting another game with a similar playstyle. DLC was fucking top tier too, felt more like a proper expansion pack then an add on dlc. Farming for gems to be viable in PvP was kind of ass, but I will admit that the chalice dungeons were pretty fun to co-op with anons from /bbg/ after I burned out on the main game for another large handful of hours. Went back and finished DS3 later, and all I have to say is that it's a great game that came out way too late in the series. If DS3 came out in place of DS2 it'd probably be hailed as the best one.

Enjoyment / gameplay wise for the first time through I'd probably rank them as

BB + DLC > DeS (might be clunky and outdated but it'll always hold a special place in my heart for kicking the whole thing off) > DS1 > DS3 + DLC > DS2
>>
>>386275320
excuses
>>
They're all shit. /v/ only defends the sloppy programming, awful animations and low frame rate because le git gud xd.

Be honest, how many of you actually enjoy the series rather than just paranoid about being labeled a casual?
>>
@386279925

that;s sum week bate boi
>>
>>386279809
oh yeah, and forgot to mention. After coming back from DS3 to BB back to DS3 again, I do think one of the aspects of the game they did fuck up on in DS3 is how much they tried to blindly pull out of BB without thinking about how it'd affect the rest of the game. Most of the enemies / bosses act like they're from bloodborne in terms of how speedy/aggressive they are, which makes your character feel extremely slow/clunky going up against them since you're stuck with the slower DS movement instead of the more fluid BB one. Anyone else notice something like this?
>>
>>386275320
Both DLCs were shit, and I'm starting to realize Ariandel was a tad better PvE wise. Name one part of Dreg Heap and Ringed City that actually worked well.
>>
>>386279809
>it's a damn shame we're not getting another game with a similar playstyle
Why do you say so? BB 2 could be announced this year for all we know. They are working on something that carries the torch of the Souls series at least.

>>386280169
>Anyone else notice something like this?
Yeah it's a common complaint. Still seems you can roll like 10 times and drink estus whenever in 3 though
>>
>>386277868
BB is just too fucking easy. Great game, but its simplicity makes it weaker than DS3.
>>
>>386278819
I've played through every single Soulsborne game with a UGS. DS3 is still easily the best
>>
>>386281143

all souls games are easy once you've played them for 20 hours. I'd say that its greater focus on melee with different mechanics is better than DS3. DS3 may have variety, but it's fairly shallow and doesn't try to do anything new, unlike BB.
>>
>>386279809
>might be clunky and outdated but it'll always hold a special place in my heart for kicking the whole thing off
Opinion discarded. This just proves your ranking comes down to youf subjective (and shit) taste. DS is an objectively better game.
>>
>>386275320
I agree as well.
>everybody was already burned out on the series
Kind of ironic considering the setting by the time of 3.
>>
I always saw DaSIII as Miyizaki's last big "fuck you" to Namco. The main reason (to me) that the game feels so disjointed is that it seems like most of the story and game mechanics are just things that are there to wrap up stuff from DaS. I don't think this was on accident, however. It feels Miyizaki was probably just fed up with corporate bullshit and fanwanking, so the game is stuffed to the brim with things he had meant to put in the first game, but didn't have a chance to because of Bamco's shitty business practices.
Fuck, thematically speaking the game is basically screaming "PICK THE DARK ENDING PICK THE DARK ENDING PICK THE DARK ENDING" the whole time, and the DLC ends with basically telling you to stop playing Dark Souls and go play Bloodborne.
>>
>>386275320
I disagree. It's a game that rejected its RPG roots to turn into a poor man's action game.
>>
>>386281662
All opinions are subjective, fuccboi.
>>
>>386282130

Souls games have always been way more about the action than the RPG what are you smoking?
>>
>>386281662
Note how I didn't say overall rank, just
>Enjoyment / gameplay wise for the first time

>>386281047
>Why do you say so? BB 2 could be announced this year for all we know. They are working on something that carries the torch of the Souls series at least.

Honestly wouldn't mind even if it wasn't BB2 but another game with improved BB gameplay. I feel like the world of BB has more or less been properly fleshed out, unless they do a game set in another civilization afflicted by the plague in BB, like Loran.
>>
Okay, here's my problem with BB, I seriously think that it has the best parts of Soulsborne and is unrivaled in setting and lore BUT, and that's a big but, it's far too samey so it doesn't mange to impress as much as it could. Imagine a song that goes from 0-100 at stays at 100 for entire duration, that's BB for me. It just drones on after a while. DS3 is far better in that regard thanks to its variety.
>>
>>386282496

are you a teenager? you're critiquing like a teenager
>>
>>386282608
31 actually, but my taste in all types of media has always been a bit weird I think. So that might just be my problem.
>>
>>386282763

Nah, just the way you type and give an example that doesn't really make any fucking sense makes you seem like a teenager.
>>
Aaaand midnight

I can rest
>>
I'm dragging this thread into the next day.

Also i liked 2 the best because rolling actually had downsides. 1 and 3 both have a ring that increases the time you're invincible, you roll really far, and rolling costs like 2 stamina.
>>
>>386283770
Ohfuck wrong thread

I thought I was posting on /pgg/ lmao
>>
>>386282854
Not that Anon, but I think the comparison is quite accurate.
>>
>linear maps
>3 fucking swamps
>other games dlcs are better

Nah, I still prefer all the other games besides DaS2 even though I love 3
>>
Your contrarian is showing, anon
>>
Yeah nah that's wishthinking
>>
File: Yharnam.jpg (3MB, 2967x4210px) Image search: [Google]
Yharnam.jpg
3MB, 2967x4210px
>>386275320
>DS3 + DLC is the best Soulsborn game
No, no it's not. Not by far.
>but it released at a point where everybody was already burned out on the series.
That didn't help either.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.