[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nintendo shuts down 3ds eshop >can no longer purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 0000003ds.png (191KB, 470x503px) Image search: [Google]
0000003ds.png
191KB, 470x503px
>nintendo shuts down 3ds eshop
>can no longer purchase DLC or eshop exclusive games for all of eternity

Will this happen in order to get you to buy their next handheld? I've always been a PC guy but lately I've wanted to get a 3DS just for new gaymin', but I'm concerned if I wait too long Nintendo will stop support and I'll get hosed. Is that just how Nintendo rolls these days?
>>
I dunno, does the DSi's shop still work?
>>
You can just pirate everything on a 3DS you know
>>
Freeshop
>>
Even the Wii Shop channel is still functioning. They're not going to shut it down
>>
I don't care I'm physical only.
>>
>>386274431
Freeshop, anon.
>>
>>386274940
what about in 20 years or so? You literally won't be able to play full games without emulating or pirating because of all the shitty DLC
>>
>>386274968
>>386274894
i know you'd thought it'd be clever and funny to post this, but it shows you don't understand how freeshop works. where exactly do you think you're downloading the games from, friends?
>>
File: autistic shrieks.gif (1MB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
autistic shrieks.gif
1MB, 480x351px
>nintendo shuts down the 3DS
>no more 3d pictures
>>
No console manufacturer has dared to close down a major digital marketplace yet. Wonder what will be the first to go? Although server capacity is so flexible to adjust now, that it should be trivial to keep the stores up as long as there's literally any activity left.
>>
>>386275132
>>386274431
you can still install CIA file extension games. everything the eshop has is on the internet already.
>>
>>386274765
It was shut down recently.
>>
>>386275242
You cannot access the PSN store from PSPs anymore. You have to download to a PS3 and transfer it to your PSP. Same with the DSi store, except you're completely fucked with redownloading.
>>
since we are talking about 3ds what are some good casual games you can play on a road trip that is over 7 hours?
No turn based rpgs please
>>
>>386275132
jesus fuck you're dense
>>
>>386275314
you're right.

the real problem is that video games, unlike any other medium (books, films, music etc.), do not have legitimate forms of archival. everything is illegal and anything console created is typically bound to that console. people hate pirates and people who hack consoles/create emulators, but they're the only ones providing a future where people can play old games.

>>386275603
what?
>>
>>386275572
Are action RPGs okay? Try Rune Factory 4. Sega 3D classics are also good minute to learn games.
>>
>>386275551
That's kinda shitty. That's honestly why I've always been weary of Nintendo selling DLC. Not purely because I hate DLC (I do, but I've grown to accept it) but because you don't have accounts so if you buy a non-physical product you are literally shit out of luck without that exactly physical device.

>>386274814
I thought that was only with certain firmware? Do you have to hardware mod it or anything? Do I need one of the chink flashcarts?
>>
>>386275572
depends on how casual you want to get with it. You can sink endless hours into Animal Crossing. Professor layton games are pretty good puzzle VNs. Picross is a personal fave of mine.
>>
File: samus_damage.jpg (175KB, 1000x962px) Image search: [Google]
samus_damage.jpg
175KB, 1000x962px
>>386274431
they just released the n2dsxl, so I doubt they'll close the store anytime soon.
>>
>>386275771
ehh Animal crossing is like play for 10 minutes a day. Professor layton is a great idea however
>>
>>386275759
It is shitty. I bought a nintendo game off the 3ds eshop and later nintendo decided to pull it from the shop and I didn't have it downloaded so I'm just out the money and the game
>>
>>386274431
Just hack your 3ds lmao
>>
>>386275759
>I thought that was only with certain firmware? Do you have to hardware mod it or anything? Do I need one of the chink flashcarts?
you had about a dozen chances in the last two years to do it on the latest firmware, but now you'll need to wait a month or so for magnethax to come out . For that you'll need a flashcart (we don't know which, we'll know when it releases) and an already hacked console to modify it. Presumably you'll be able to buy pre-baked flashcarts at some point too
>>
>>386274431
theyre still supporting the wii store, i think the 3ds will be fine for a while yet :)
>>
Ill buy their next handheld when it gets cracked and CFW.
>>
>>386276594
isnt the switch cracked in some form?
>>
>>386276732
No clue, nothing has came out for the switch to make me interested in it, I'll probably get it at the end of it's lifetime when the CFW is good and there is enough games like I did with the 3DS.
Or when they bring Animal crossing out for it.
>>
>>386276732
No. The kernel got dumped but that's all we have.
>>
>>386275121
and? That is the future you gave to accept. It's not ideal but if you actually care enough in 20 years to play any ds game you can do so by other means or live with the fact that you can't. Online stores aren't made for the future they are made for the present.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.