[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Nintendo refuses to do another 2D Mario game with the scope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: smw.png (5KB, 256x176px) Image search: [Google]
smw.png
5KB, 256x176px
Why Nintendo refuses to do another 2D Mario game with the scope of World? Why they refuse to do cool stuff with NSMB and why they hate Yoshi?
>>
>>386270826
Nintendo will never make another mario world like game that has yoshi and the koopalings together in it, it really sucks.
>>
>>386270826
Seriously, nintendo hates yoshi.
>>
The real question is, why won't Nintendo make another Kirby game like Kirby Superstar/Ultra?
>>
Nintendo will never make a Mario game with his move set from Dk98/ Mario vs Dk and staple Mario power ups
>>
They did. NSMBU.
>>
File: richer.jpg (163KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
richer.jpg
163KB, 640x360px
>>386272052
Because Kirby SS and SSU are overrated.
They might have the best abilities in the series but the bosses are incredibly lackluster and a lot of the games are either too short or are too gimmicky.
Also Nintendo doesn't make the games, Hal does.
>>
Modern Mario games are all New shit. Complaining rehash is not far from the truth with how Nintendo is treating Mario. And they are limiting it too much. Mario used to do new things with greater scope, and having fresh enemies. Now it is always the same things, the same designs. Always a flagpole. They used to mix it up with different artstyles and everything, making each Mario a unique experience taking the series in a new direction.
>>
>>386273127
>can't keep Yoshi after beating the level with him
>baby Yoshis can't grow up

They didn't
>>
>>386273295
They should make the koopalings reoccurring villains again and not just bowser only.
>>
>>386273285
>bosses are incredibly lackluster
That's rich coming from somebody posting Haltmann. The Kirby games since Returns happened have absolutely awful bosses.
>>
>>386270826
Confirmed for not playing NSMBU.
>>
>>386273460
That was just a rehash, not an original game
>>
>>386273398
They did. They were the villains of 3 of the 4 NSMB games.

>>386273295
There are always new enemies, powerups, and artstyles (though not all as varied as those between 1, 3, and World). NSMBU's backgrounds and map are wildly different from the rest of the series.
>>
>>386273682
Well, I hope nintendo keeps bringing them back, they did for that new paper mario game so good for nintendo.
>>
NSMBU was pretty good desu

Too bad they keep using the fucking boring ass overused artstyle. It just has gotten so damn old.
>>
Yoshi is OP easy modo

Probably why world babies love the game so much

SM3 was the pinnacle of Mario creativity
>>
>>386273407
The only bad bosses in Robobot are Haltman and Dedede clone (first phase).
SS/U has trash like Halberd Engine, Wham Bam Rock, Fatty Whale, Dedede (not masked) and that one Chameleon fucker.
Well even Marx isn't even that interesting.
Say what you will about post-Returns' stupid "I'm going to be angry after you lower my HP halfway and you can't hit me until my animation is over", at least those bosses have more than two attacks.
Both are better than any of DL2's, DL3's, and Squeak Squad's though.

Honestly, this series had very few good bosses, but a lot of good final bosses.
>>
>>386273969
Nigga, I did a No Yoshi No Cape run and it was fantastic.
Yoshi undermines any threat or challenge the level could give thanks to being a constant free hit, while the Cape does the same AND lets you skip 85% of levels by gliding over them.
>>
>>386273880
and it's not even a good art style. just really generic and they used the same on numerous games.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.