[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever bought the collector's edition of a game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: ce-dis2-vanityspread.jpg (126KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
ce-dis2-vanityspread.jpg
126KB, 800x556px
Have you ever bought the collector's edition of a game?

I've bought Dishonored 2, GTA V, and Fallout 4.

I'm really starting to regret buying these, it's just a bunch of plastic shit that sits in my closet.
>>
No, but I bought a steelbook version of Arkham City that doesn't fit in with any of my other games.
I don't really get the purpose of steelbooks.
>>
>>386269120
No Man's Sky. I think there was an edition even more expensive than what I bought though.
Also picked up the Ultimate Edition of Defiance for 30 bucks, it originally retailed for... 150 I think?
>>
>>386269120
Metal Gear Rising but I don't regret it because the bonus was a cool plasma lamp.
>>
>>386269120
I picked up this one, the black box edition of Nier : Automata, the Hitman collector's with the statue and dare i admit it i stupidly bought the DoW 3 Collector's edition
>>
>>386269630
How was Defiance?
>>
File: 4190rbU7lKL.jpg (25KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
4190rbU7lKL.jpg
25KB, 500x308px
Fallout 3 my man, cool pip boy lunch box, art, making of video, pipboy bobble head and the game itself
>>
>>386269120
I bought a bunch when I was a teenager, kinda regret it now. The display pieces are nice, but I don't know what I'm gonna do with them besides throw them in storage later.

Most recent one I bought was actually the Persona 5 one. The little Morgana plushie is cute, I have him on my shelf.
>>
I used to buy quite a few when PC collectors editions were the price of the standard console version, but dont really now that prices have equalised.

Only recent one I got was Witcher 3. It's too big and I have nowhere to put it.
>>
>>386269867
Mediocre to be honest. And horribly broken. Constant crashes and server downtime. I had fun but it was incredibly frustrating at times.
>>
File: before and after.png (4MB, 1500x1691px) Image search: [Google]
before and after.png
4MB, 1500x1691px
>Buy collector's edition
>They just sit on my dresser and collect a nasty amount of dust
>Eventually just put them away
The ones I truly love are the Titanfall 1 and 2 CE's, as well as the Halo Reach CE
>>
File: mgs rising.jpg (13KB, 273x300px) Image search: [Google]
mgs rising.jpg
13KB, 273x300px
>>386269120
I got the mgs rising special edition.
Cost me 150 bucks. I still have the lamp on my desk. It's beautiful.
>>
File: ce_family.jpg (110KB, 578x395px) Image search: [Google]
ce_family.jpg
110KB, 578x395px
>>386269120
The game was meh, but the art book made it worth it.
>>
The only one I regret was Assassin's Creed 3 (because the game itself was so shit) but I got it at half price.

I've gotten CE for...
Killzone 3
(ACB
Ac3
Ac4 all at half price)
LOZ MM 3d
Metal gear Rising
and MGSV
>>
I bought the 3ds and ps4 Special edition of megaman legacy collection. Worth it to me.
>>
>>386269120
No. If I ever wanted to get one, I'd wait and buy it second-hand off some schmuck who couldn't contain their hype.
>>
File: giphy.gif (505KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
505KB, 480x270px
>>386270308
>Had that lamp
>The lightning stuff doesn't even work anymore, so it's just a blue lamp now
>>
>>386270195
>He still lives with his mom.
>>
Not counting common 'premium' shit like first-print versions that come with a cardboard box and a soundtrack, I've bought:

Lunar SSSC
Lunar 2 EBC
Devil Summoner 2
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Dragon Age
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Ys 7
Ys Celceta
Trails of Coldsteel
Trails in the Sky
Atelier Shallie Plus
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Fire Emblem Fates
Xenoblade X
Persona 5

Honestly the only ones I really care about are Lunar games, which are what made me go down this rabbit hole in the first place. Atelier Shallie and Fire Emblem fates were worth it since they're the only way to get a physical copy. The rest are just pointless extras I keep falling for.

But the only two I truly regret are Xenoblade X and Persona 5; they are ridiculously huge boxes. P5 doesn't even fit on my shelves.
>>
I bought the collectors edition of Arkham Asylum and got that godawful scratched up batarang.
>>
File: doom.jpg (74KB, 675x465px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
74KB, 675x465px
I got the Doom collectors edition because it was on sale for 40 bucks when the lowest Doom was on sale was 30 bucks so I figured 10 bucks was a great deal for a steel book and large statue.
>>
>>386269120
Bought Diablo 3 collectors edition, the little diablo skull with the usb soulshard in it's forehead makes a pretty neat paper weight at least.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.