[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just what the fuck were they thinking? Played this for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
Just what the fuck were they thinking? Played this for the first time, what a goddamn trainwreck. Literally can't get game overs, it "checkpoints" on every single platform; you get 4 shitty powers - two of them are the exact same, the other two are shitty minigames; don't have combat vs more than one enemy at a time and they have colour coded phases where they can only get hit by a certain type of attack; and the plot is just fine until you get to the ending and the game just goes "oh, everything you've been doing up till now? Yeah, undo it all haha".

Can't play the epilogue because apparently it's DLC and can't find it on PSN but then again, I wouldn't pay for it, so I suppose it's pointless whether it's available or not
>>
>>386266264
The game had aesthetic.... thats about it. Bro go play forgotten sands. Once u unlock the water freezing power the game becomes GOAT
>>
>>386266905
Forgotten Sands was good? I was kind of skeptical about it, since it was released around the same time as the movie. I'll try to get it for cheap and check it out, then.
>>
>>386267167
Dude its one of the worst stories. It is def a cash in. BUT once u get past the initial SHIT and just skip any combat(its dynasty warrior style). And you unlock the water freezing(and then memory power) its the BEST pop platforming out of any of the games. Def gove it a go but ull have a bad time in the first 2 hours
>>
>>386267502
Ah, makes sense. Will still give it a spin.

There's also Warrior Within in my backlog. It's kind of disappointing how neither Two Thrones or 2008 managed to hook me in like Sands of Time did, though.
>>
>>386267784
Oh dude i JUST beat ww for first time ever.... its prob my fav game now. Even doe i bashed it for being dark egelord. Honestly its he best gameplaywise from the original trilogy.
>>
>>386267784
Gameplay
1. Fs
2. Ww
3. Tt
4. Sot
5. 2008

Story
1. Sot
2. Ww
3. Tt
4. 2008
5. Fs
>>
>>386266905
>>386267502
>>386267943
Proper spelling isnt optional on here champ, I shouldnt be able to tell what posts are yours solely by the u's and defs
>>
>>386267943
Is it that good? I was actually holding off from playing it. Whole dark edgy shit seemed shitty and made me avoid that game although,
it's inevitable to play it at some point
>>
>>386268262
>Whole dark edgy shit seemed shitty
It's... a product of its time.
>>
>>386268486
Yeah, you're probably right. Hell, I was into the whole edgelord schtick that was happening in videogames and shows and everything in the early 2000s, but somehow never got around to playing WW during that time and now I can't look back to that game with a straight face. When I was still in primary school,
I got DMC1 because of a video in the disk that came with the PS2, and I thought all that blood and marionette enemies looked super dark and cool and gruesome.
When I put the disk in I was scared shitless with the prospect of the marionettes popping up and never touched the game again until I turned 13
>>
>>386266264
dude you're supposed to quit the game after the credits roll. it was your own fault for undoing everything.
>>
>>386269236
So I get to choose between two shitty incomplete endings? Wow, what a great deal.
>>
go back and play sands of time, warrior within, and two towers.
they dont hold up at all
>>
>>386267502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwNLhqz7Q1I
>>
Best soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKwbptphnVU

>>386270318
Man, that popped me a stiffy
>>
>>386266264
>Just what the fuck were they thinking? Played this for the first time, what a goddamn trainwreck. Literally can't get game overs,
It's literally a shorter checkpoint system in a game that is all about exploration instead of challenge.
I don't see the point to go autismo.
I mean it is the franchsie best known for introducing a method to skip loading and jsut get back to your past mistake.
>>
>>386271169
And still didn't let you abuse that system since you had limited sand. The shittier you played, the more sand you wasted, and then you won't have as much as you wish you'd have in harder sections. Granted, I haven't played this game in years so I don't know just how hard it was, but there's some hint of good sense in the rewinding mechanic.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.