[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paradox Interactive raised the price of Tyranny before the steam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: tranny game.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tranny game.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Paradox Interactive raised the price of Tyranny before the steam sale in order to trick people, and now they can't change it back. As a result the basic bare-bones game costs 41,99€ and the most expensive version 75,58€ at a -10% discount.

Weeew lads.
>>
>>386266235
pirated it and didn't like it
>>
>>386266235
Didn't they do the same with PoE?
>>
File: oh my fuck.png (34KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
oh my fuck.png
34KB, 493x276px
>trusting the Parajew
>>
What happened to Obsidian? Why couldn't they just stick to making more good games like New Vegas instead of this niche isometric CPRG nonsense?
>>
>>386266483
>obsidian
As dead as Bioware at this point.
The SJW infestation was terminal.
>>
>>386266483
The NV bonus killed them for good
>>
>>386266483
Because bethesda shitted on them in any way you can think of before and after NV was out.
>>
>>386266483
>>386267312
>ywn be in the alternate timeline where bethesda didn't jew obsidian out and they became loyal developers to beth
>ywn play obsidian's version of fallout 4 and tes vi
>>
>>386266483
Fallout's license and tech was loaned to them for only that one game.
>>
It's a garbage, unfinished game anyways. If you buy it you deserve to be ripped off.
>>
>>386267109
What sjw shit did Obsidian get into?
>>
>>386267972
>join red team
>join blue team
>fuck both teams, i'm starting my own team

So much for "meaningful, world-altering choices", there is no option to stay loyal and kill any who suggested that you should rebel, even if you were acting like nothing but a total zealot to Kyros.
>>
>>386267972
This. I don't mind getting locked out of choices, but when the only option to progress is to just initiate combat with some guardsmen with the only hint to do so being that fact that you're caught in a dialogue loop, your game is shit.
>>
>>386266235
Pirates win again
>>
>>386267472
It really fucking hurts
>>
>>386266235
Paradox has been on its way down ever since it became publicly traded. Investors demand DRM, DLC jewing, and microtransactions, it's just the nature of the business now.
>>
>>386268252
It's amazing that a game that claims to be so much about evil forces you to be a moralfag at the end. Sure, you can claim to be fighting the Overseer to take over, but that's one of like six other reasons and really, no choice to stay loyal to the person who you've presumably been indoctrinated to love since birth and has employed you? Whatever happened to Lawful Evil?
>>
>€
What makes you think you get an opinion? It was probably not even them, just a new Muslim appreciation tax.
>>
>>386268604
Nice meme, but that's not what Johan said.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pricing-change-rollback-information-thread-latest-news-here.1031635/

"Finally - as much as I love a good conspiracy theory; to be frank, the whole "Tencent bought 5% of Paradox and now they're all greedy" and "They're now a publicly traded company and therefore do things the market wish for" is below the level of intelligence of this community. I still hold 33.3% in Paradox, I am still CEO, board member and avid gamer. All you need to know is that the buck stops here. All problems/feedback can easily be sent my way, I will not always agree but I promise to listen."
>>
File: 1422305881164.png (411KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1422305881164.png
411KB, 640x480px
>>386266483
The Obsidian team at the moment is nothing close to the one that made New Vegas. Fucking triggers me when people say they want Obsid to make an F4 sequel of their own, it's never gonna be like New Vegas.
>>
>>386268098
Huh? No everyone i don't like is an SJW. they hired a women or had a gay character or something. Who fucking knows or cares at this point anon. Meaningless buzzwords.
>>
>>386268778
>For anyone who bought any of the games during this time (including during the summer sale) we will try to refund (if possible in the Steam platform) or reimburse with games of a value exceeding the difference. If none of this is possible (I do not in detail know the limits to the Steam platform) we will internally calculate the difference in revenue before and after the price change, double the value, and donate the money to the UNHCR.

>and donate the money to the UNHCR.

Good to know that all of my money spent on Paradox games are used to fund African warlords and buy bombs for ISIS.
>>
>>386268252
the 3rd choice is the one that says fuck everyone else you get in line or die.

and both red and blue who obviously choose their leader above the law can be killed for being disloyal to the law
>>
>>386268963
But in the end, you'll still end up rebelling against Kyros.
>>
>>386268620
you have choices and your motivations i imagine wont ever be revealed until they finish the game
>>
>>386268778
You're right, all we have is loads of evidence from other game developers where the same exact thing happened and the strange coincidence that DLC prices rose 200% after Paradox went public. 33.3% is also not a controlling stake, that's basic fucking math and it's funny that Johan would insult the intelligence of the people that buy his games by saying something retarded like that.

Paradox is publicly traded. It is a business, it answers to investors as well as consumers now.
>>
>>386268778
Oh well, I guess that makes everything right and HE is greedy instead. I'm not the guy you're answering to, but their business really shouldn't matter to the customers that's getting the end of Paradox's DRM dick.
>>
>>386269047
Not really i mean kyros makes you an archon and then says you are in a battle against all other archons until they are killed or bow to you, at the end unless you choose the rebellion path and save the good guys, you are still following your orders
>>
>>386269247
Do you not pay attention to what Tunon said in the last chapter? By controlling the Spires and using their power, you have effectively challenged Kyros' authority, which means that he has labeled you a traitor the moment you made and used your first Edict.
>>
>>386266235
Thought it was Age of Conan for a sec.
>>
File: ....jpg (35KB, 680x243px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
35KB, 680x243px
>>386266235
>Turn-Based

This shit needs to stop.
>>
>>386266483
Everyone important left after NV was released, its why they've made nothing but bad games after it

Bethesda might have caused the important people to realize the company wasn't going anywhere after they denied infinite funding and full control over Fallout.
>>
>>386268778
What? Are you saying he didn't throw the majority shareholders, his employers, under the bus?!

Door-to-door salesmen must fucking love you, gullible idiot.
>>
>>386266235
>75,58€
For a game.
>For TYRANNY of all games.
wew lad.
Most I paid for a game is 23 for Conan Exiles Formerly 15$ for Warcraft 3
>>
Tyranny is fucking trash, too. Pillars of Eternity is much better.
>>
>>386271156
>pillars being of any quality
Retard
>>
>>386266483
Pillars of Eternity was good and Deadfire is gonna be great. Sucks to be you that you can't enjoy good RPGs because they're isometric.
>>
>>386271509
>>386271803
Pillars was shit at release, it's been improved, but too many people have already written it off after it stained Obsidian's reputation. It's still not near NV's quality or anything like that.
>>
>>386267472
>agree on something
>don't meet the conditions

Meh, got what they deserved.
>>
>>386268604
Their stock is a roller coaster. It seems manipulated to me...
>>
Wow this never happened before.
>>
Parajewed.
>>
File: 1480278718376.jpg (60KB, 399x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480278718376.jpg
60KB, 399x367px
>>386272268
>Screw Obsidian because the game got 84 instead of 85 on metacritic mostly for bugs which the publisher was in charge of fixing
>FO4 ends up getting similar reviews to NV

What did Bethesda mean by this?
>>
>>386274596
>the publisher being in charge of development
Besides that, they were made an offer to have EVERYTHING they could want, yet they turned it down.

Obsidian caused Fallout 4
>>
>>386266235
>basic bare-bones
You make it sound as if the more expensive versions aren't frivolous cosmetic bullshit.
>>
File: 1468560627479.jpg (1MB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1468560627479.jpg
1MB, 1440x1440px
>>386270102
it is RTwP....
>>
are there any good RTwP games but with one character? Managing a party is cancer and I don't like diablo
>>
fuck rpg codex
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.