[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my girlfriend wants to play through Kingdom Hearts because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: kh2_mury.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kh2_mury.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
So my girlfriend wants to play through Kingdom Hearts because she's a huge disney fan, but she struggles a lot with basic vidya concepts since she doesn't play video games at all.

Help me think of some games she should play before tacking KH to git gud at vidya.

I'm thinking about playing through FFVII with her so she gets used to basic JRPG concepts and to the characters that will later appear in KH, but what about games that will teach her how to control a character in a 3D action game?
>>
>>386261941
Just play it yourself and make her watch
>>
>>386262047
this, or she can watch some let's play of it. maybe there's one without commentary.

Or maybe just watch all the cutscenes?
>>
>>386261941
Spyro The Dragon + its sequels
Super Mario 64
Legend Of Zelda: OoT
Okami

>FFVII
pretty good start. If you want even softer landing, FFX is a fine choice with it's more linear progression and truly turn-based combat.
>>
>>386262047
>>386262129

She's willing to learn, and I'd like to help her. I don't want to just tell her to take the easy way and watch someone else playing the game and when she's interested in actually playing through it.
>>
File: 1501442794622.jpg (128KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501442794622.jpg
128KB, 1920x1080px
>>386261941
>but what about games that will teach her how to control a character in a 3D action game?
>Mario 64
>Any Zelda game except SS because of motion controls
>Ratchet and Clank
>Crash for the lols
>>
>>386261941
>Help me think of some games she should play before tacking KH to git gud at vidya.
Probably a game made for children. Kingdom Hearts comes to mind.
>>
>>386262262

Solid suggestions. I think Spyro might be a really good choice, for its simplicity.

I thought about going with FFX, but I remember it being much longer than VII.
>>
>>386262291
Kingdom Hearts is pretty simple if you keep the camera mode to follow. It can get wonky if you have it on manual. Other than that just sit next to her and give her tips if she's struggling. It's really just mash X until everything is dead.
>>
>>386262538
>but I remember it being much longer than VII.
Nah, on the contrary. It's also much easier to follow.

Not that I've ever beaten a single FF game under 100h, but I am more of a perfectionist-explorer. There's plenty of optional stuff in these games to waste time in.

However, if you truly want to give her the babby's first JRPG, can't go wrong with the original Pokemon games (Red/Blue/Yellow). After those, jump to classic-FF like 7 is quite easy.
>>
Kingdom hearts is literally designed for children, I beat it when I was like 10 or something. There's literally no reason an adult can't beat the game OP, let her play on easy mode if she needs to. The game itself will teach her how to play beyond that, it isn't difficult.
>>
>>386262902
>>386262656

The thing is that it was designed to be played by children, yes, but children who are used to playing video games.

She has 0 vidya skills aside from things like playing Mario when she was very young or playing the occasional puzzle game. She struggles with controlling a character in a 3D environment, let a alone fighting and using items and magic while dealing with movement.
>>
>>386262782

Thanks for the tips. I think Pokemon might be a good idea indeed. I could put FireRed on my PSP's gba emulator and lend it to her for a few days.
>>
File: Super_Mario_64_jumping.jpg (90KB, 626x452px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_64_jumping.jpg
90KB, 626x452px
>>386263180
it's hard to find a better 3D training ground than Mario 64. The entire game's HUB is designed to be liek a free-roam training area for three-dimensional gaming.
>>
>>386261941
>Playing FFVII before KH
Horrible idea, not only is the PS4 remake roght around the corner, but the plot of FFVII means nothing to KH and the characters that do appear mean nothing to the narrative.

Not only that but FFVII turn-based combat will teach her absolutely nothing about how to play an action JRPG like KH.

Just get her The 1.5+2.5 Kingdom Hearts collection, KH is far from being the hardest game in the world, it was my first PS2 game back when I was a kid and I was fine, so I doubt she'll need any easing into it.

And remember, KH2 is the best game, so have her at least complete it until that point.
>>
>>386263352

Yeah, I'm torn between SM64 and Spyro.
>>
Offer to play the game for her if she puts her bare feet on your lap. It's what I do with my gf.
>>
>>386263530

>FFVII turn-based combat will teach her absolutely nothing about how to play an action JRPG like KH

It introduces a LOT of things like Items, magic, summons and how the general RPG-elements of KH work.
>>
>>386262262
>Recommending turn-based rpgs to ease someone into action RPGs
I fail to see the logic.

Also, I'd consider many of those games you listed as being harder to pick up than ANY KH title except for Coded.
>Spyro's gameplay is unwieldy and outdated
>So is Super Mario 64's
>And Z:OoT's
>Okami is just hard in and far more complex than KH

If at least you said something like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 or Zelda: Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword or even Breath of the Wild I could see the point because those, specially the Galaxy games, train spatial intelligence quite a bit, but dem dinosaurs are not going to help much getting the hang of more modern vidya.
>>
>>386261941
KH is as easy as it gets, the first few levels are just spam X to win, by the time she gets to the actually difficult stuff she'll know how to play.
>>
>>386263810
Yeah, and NONE of those things are used in KH. The only thing she could ever learn from KH playing FFVII is that characters level up, and when they do they gain stats and abilities.

And none of those need to play Final Fantasy VII, a 20 year old game with a remake in the workings. Do consider that the remake will have KH inspired gameplay and that it'll be x100 times more fun to play.

You esentially have it backwards, KH would be great to ease her into the FFVII remake, but FFVII OG won't be good for KH, specially considering how she is interested on the Disney part of Kingdom Hearts, not in the FF side.

Just give the woman what she damn wants and give her more if she likes it afterwards.
>>
>>386261941
Why not just let her play on easy?
>>
>>386263530
>not only is the PS4 remake roght around the corner
if year or two for PART 1 is "right around the corner"...

Besides, KH plays on nostalgia towards both Disney and FF stuff. Obviously playing at least 7 first will help relate / give that "Oh, I get it!" effect. It's got nothing to do with how different or similar the gameplays are.

>>386264253
>I fail to see the logic.
it was all about to help her get into JRPGs like FF, which again will help recognize more characters and inside jokes in KH.

>>386264253
>Spyro's gameplay is unwieldy and outdated
>So is Super Mario 64's
...or you just have not touched them in years / never ever.
Especially KH1 is around the same quality / even worse.
>And Z:OoT's
once you got 3D collectathons down, no Zelda is a challenge.
>Okami is just hard in and far more complex than KH
>Okami
>hard
Now you're just spewing embarrassing bullshit
>>
>>386265097
>Yeah, and none of those things are used in Kh.
Meant to say that none are used in FFVII the way they are used in KH.
Essentially the same concepts being used dorsn't mean jack shit if the gameplay they result in is so very damn different.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.