[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played a Megami Tensei game, thinking about giving Person

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: Gbg0U9V.jpg (184KB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Gbg0U9V.jpg
184KB, 1900x1200px
Never played a Megami Tensei game, thinking about giving Person 3 a shot. Is P3P a viable option for a first playthrough? I see a lot of people complaining that the lack of a 3D world when outside of dungeons ruins the game, but I think portability is a huge plus that might make the grinding more bearable since I don't have to be stuck at home for hours playing the game.
>>
someone
>>
>>386252649
P3P is fine. You lose the 3D world and the animated cutscenes, but you gain better voice acting, tons of new social links and an extra dungeon.
>>
>>386252649
You don't have to grind, and if you can get FES instead of P3P, then you're better off doing that.
>>
>>386253860
fes has a better atmosphere but absolutely blows because of the exhaustion system and inability to control your often brain dead teammates
>>
If portability is important and you hate the idea of not being able to directly control the party members outside of the MC then go ahead with Portable. I think FES has better atmosphere thoughand I'm not a fan of the VN style for the game since the scenes were written to have 3D models walking around.

>>386253770

Better voice acting? Did they rerecord or something?
>>
>>386252649
You don't really need to grind in Persona games. If you hit a wall, just change/fuse your persona until they're stronger or have a skillset that'll help you beat your current obstacle.
>>
>>386253957

Maybe it's just cause it's been a while but I don't really remember having a whole lot of trouble with my party members as long as I made good use of Tactics.
>>
>>386253957
It's not perfect, but I still think FES is better just for that atmosphere. I'm not the biggest fan of P3, but it does do a good job on its atmosphere, so I think it's a bad idea to willingly miss out on that.
>>
>>386254129
This the retarded party members and marin karin stuff is just a meme.
>>
>>386253997
This is my favorite part of the better SMT games. Feels like I'm actually getting better at the systems and changing my strategy rather than inflating numbers through grinding
>>
>>386252649
It worked fine for me. The lack of cutscenes is a little disappointing but whatever.

Fags who only played the original and/or FES will be jealous of not experiencing best girl and call her non-canon.
>>
File: 1494901167506.png (173KB, 694x708px) Image search: [Google]
1494901167506.png
173KB, 694x708px
>>386254512
I do enjoy playing as FeMC mroe, though I wouldn't recommend playing as her on the first playthrough, because I prefer her music and her S. Links are a huge step up from MC's. That said, she is non-canon.
>>
>>386254803
>I wouldn't recommend playing as her on the first playthrough
Yeah. The game literally says "It's recommended that you play [door-kun] your first time playing."
>>
>>386253957
Exhaustion isn't really an issue beyond the very beginning of the game.
>inability to control your often brain dead teammates
This is really just your inability to use the Tactics properly, you can get them to do what you want. It's not even complex or complicated in any way, I don't see how people can even have trouble with it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (217KB, 481x273px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
217KB, 481x273px
>>386252649
Yep its definitely a great starting point into the SMT franchise if you want an easier game that still maintains the basics of the mechanics and still has some difficulty, I've replayed P3P quite a few times actually.
>>
Get FES instead of P3P
>>
>>386252649
>P3P
You are fine Persona 3 & 4 make for great portable titles. Grab P4 Golden for Vita too if you want.

Also don't be fooled, girl route in P3P is best route.

Get P5 if you can though, the gameplay was SEVERELY improved from both P3 and P4.
>>
File: Another night in the dorm.webm (2MB, 1008x514px) Image search: [Google]
Another night in the dorm.webm
2MB, 1008x514px
If you want the best first experience, play FES instead of P3P
>>
>>386257664
kek fes is just persona 3 with a second dungeon which requires inhumane amounts of grinding only a neet would bother to do.
>>
File: SEES.webm (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
SEES.webm
2MB, 800x600px
>>386257816
It's not nice to lie or be misleading.
Or are you really forgetting the extra personas, scenes and other additions to the journey?
>>
Don't play portable you'll miss out on a handful of QUALITY anime cutscenes!
Just ignore the fact that it has the best gameplay.
>>
>>386258202

I don't know if that is sarcasm or not
>>
>>386258202
There is no "best" gameplay
Your choices are a somewhat difficult struggle with tactics that you can make work 90% of the time or you can go with full control and a knockdown system that removes every enemy in the battle in the first turn
>>
>>386258431
>and a knockdown system that removes every enemy in the battle in the first turn
Like every newer persona game. It's basically the "canon" way to play the game.
>>
>>386258963
P3P's knockdown mechanic is different from FES, in FES you can't wipe every enemy on your first turn as easily as in P3P
>>
>>386259262
Doesn't change the fact that P3P's mechanic is similar to newer game's mechanics.
>>
>>386252649
>>386257095
It was my gateway to SMT and still my favorite way to replay 3. I'd recommend it if portability is a plus for you.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.