[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>obtains an ice beam >gets raped by a creature who is specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 71

File: 1499029091636.gif (39KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
1499029091636.gif
39KB, 512x446px
>obtains an ice beam
>gets raped by a creature who is specifically weak against ice

Is there a weaker and more pathetic jobber than Samus? She is the Yamcha of videogames.
>>
File: 64034742_p0.png (491KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
64034742_p0.png
491KB, 800x1000px
>pillages priceless ancient artifacts of an extinct ultra advanced race
>loses them all the fucking time
>everybody still sucks up to her as the best bounty hunter ever
Typical basic bitch who got into boys' business.
>>
>that time Ridley dragged her against the wall as she got triggered
>>
>>386251105
literally ant farm: the videogame
>>
File: link cosntanza.jpg (60KB, 376x425px) Image search: [Google]
link cosntanza.jpg
60KB, 376x425px
>"dude she blows up planets like it's nothing"
>It's actually a last resort by the enemy to take her down together.
>instead of finding a way to disable the desctruction she pussies the fuck out and let's an entire planet go to waste because she knows she got no game.

Also,
>just stands around when the X parasite infects her
>>
Well she IS a woman after all
>>
>>386251105
The super metroid was immune to ice.
>>
>hurr durr muh planet buster
>jobs to Krang
>>
>Samus could shoot black holes from her gun and shits lightning bolts!!

>bumping into a wall makes her suit Red Ring
>>
File: LowerNorfair-NoSpaceJump.webm (2MB, 822x720px) Image search: [Google]
LowerNorfair-NoSpaceJump.webm
2MB, 822x720px
Reminder if you can't do this you should not be posting on /v/.
>>
>>386255339
>game is such casual trash that any challenge is self-imposed
>>
>>386255339
Are there any sequence breaks in Super Metroid that the devs intended/that don't involve glitches?
>>
>>386256665
You can get to Kraid without the High Jump because you can wall jump off of one of the blocks and you can get the Wave Beam before the Grapple Beam by wall jumping as well.
>>
>>386255339
>No SpaceJump
>But has Gravity suit
The impressive sequences breaks for that part are the ones without Gravity.
>>
>>386257018
Getting Wave Beam early doesn't change anything though since it's optional.
>>
>>386257371
Ok, then you can get to the Wrecked Ship early with a Shinespark or wall jump. It's hard to say what is and isn't intended though, everything being done in that early Lower Norfair webm is an intended game mechanic. The only speed running technique that is figured to not be intentional is mockballing which is used to get Super Missile early.
>>
>>386257371
Except it does. Spazer and Wave add damage, if you plan to do a any% run you usually skip a lot of missiles, supers and power bombs, Wave is a must if you want to kill Mother Brain quickly. Spazer is the only optional beam of the game.
>>
>>386257549
>everything being done in that early Lower Norfair webm is an intended game mechanic.
Not really. He's using a glitch to build up Shinespark in a narrow hallway and then uses a damage boost to get into the right spot in time. It obviously wasn't intentional.
>then you can get to the Wrecked Ship early with a Shinespark or wall jump.
The Wrecked Ship Shinespark falls into the same category as the one above, it's a glitch technique. Not sure about the walljump though, haven't seen it before.
>>
File: EarlyWreckedShip.webm (2MB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
EarlyWreckedShip.webm
2MB, 640x560px
>>386257901
>>
>>386256272
>casual trash

yeah, try telling that to the thousands of people on miiverse that didnt know how to crawl.
>>
>>386257685
It doesn't change anything in terms of overall game flow though, that's my point. If you're just a normal player getting Wave early doesn't open up any new routes that you can sequence break to with it.
>>
File: super_metroid.jpg (317KB, 1608x1796px) Image search: [Google]
super_metroid.jpg
317KB, 1608x1796px
>>386258017
>>
>>386251456
Same could be said of megaman and even megaman x.

>get all boss weapons
>get upgraded white armor
>lose it all next game

Shits gay.
>>
>>386258003
Definitely not a glitch but I could see that being something the devs missed when playtesting.
>>
File: LowerBrinstar-WallJump.webm (2MB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
LowerBrinstar-WallJump.webm
2MB, 640x560px
>>386258484
You can also bomb jump across, I'm not really sure if it matters whether or not it was explicitly intended or not as long as you're using in game mechanics that are intended.
>>
>>386258484
>being something the devs missed when playtesting.

nintendo playtesters are the fucking worst.
why do you think the top games people speed run are nintendo games?
its because they are really broken trash with a ton of glitches and exploits because they dont test this shit.

and before some drone comes in to defend nintendo. yes, i know every game is like this but people always have this notion that nintendo games are perfect and better than the rest.
>>
>>386252840
Even Samus is weak to faggotry
>>
>>386258639
>that gif

its funny that i figured out doing that trick there when i was young when i was just messing around with the wall jump.
>>
>>386258639
It matters because a lot of people say SM is a masterpiece of non-linear design when the game is linear as fuck really.

All the main ways you can break the game (Super Missiles early via Mockball, Quick Shinesparking to various places) are glitches and clearly weren't though of when designing the game. Early Wrecked Ship is the only major sequence break I'm aware of that doesn't use glitches. Everything is else just "Get this item slightly early but it doesn't open anything new so your area progression is going to be exactly the same" (Early Wave, Early Power Bomb, etc.)

Even Early Wrecked Ship, though not a glitch, seems like an oversight more than anything.
>>
>>386259679
I always thought early wrecked ship needed a short charge shinespark.

Haven't played vanilla Super in years.
>>
File: bait.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>386251105
>>
>>386259679
>masterpiece of non-linear design

pretty sure the only people that say that and mean it are casual fags who couldnt finish the game because they got lost and stuck somewhere.
>>
>>386259945
>>386258003
>>
>>386259945
You can Shinespark, wall jump, bomb jump or Grapple Beam.

>>386259679
I mean if you're just going to write off everything as an oversight then sure the game definitely has an intended non linear progression but even then you can go through Maridia before the Wrecked Ship by entering the tube that bridges Upper and Lower Brinstar.
Doing Kraid before High Jump is definitely intentional though, there is absolutely no reason for there to be a block that juts out like that unless you were intended to get there without High Jump.
>>
>>386260149
Meant to say intended linear progression.
>>
>>386260097
The part after grapple lake.
The one with a ripper at the end.
>>
>>386257371
If you get the wave beam it allows you to shoot through objects. Because of this you can enter the area to Kraid from where you're supposed to exit and can get Power Bombs without having to do any backtracking on the way to the Grappling Beam.

That I'm pretty sure is an intended skip.
>>
>>386251105
THE BABY is no longer weak to ice.
>>
File: WW-Bait.png (697KB, 1372x767px) Image search: [Google]
WW-Bait.png
697KB, 1372x767px
>>386259982
>>
>>386260325
I wrote Kraid I meant Crocomire.
>>
>>386258276
I don't see how anyone could be stuck there?
you have to morph ball to get into the area, you have to pick up the bombs right in front of you, the bombs tell you how to use the bombs
what gives
>>
File: tenor.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>386257549
>tfw half the items in Super Metroid were meant to be gotten in a certain way, but you've always done them out of order

I have never waited for the grapple beam to get wave. I got spazer before I even got high jump. I think I skipped fighting Crocomire altogether until the late game.
>>
>It's a "Wall jumping is a glitch" episode
Why do people still believe this crap?
>>
File: SuperMetroid-Jellyfish.jpg (115KB, 640x709px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMetroid-Jellyfish.jpg
115KB, 640x709px
>>386260553
Pretty sure Pauly was trolling, there's another image of his when you visit the Mochtroids in Maridia where he says 'Look I found Samus!'
As for the rest, they're just bad I guess.
>>
>>386260149
>I mean if you're just going to write off everything as an oversight then sure the game definitely has an intended non linear progression
Yeah it's a slippery slope. The main reason I want to call early Wrecked Ship an oversight because it's the only major sequence break in the game that doesn't use glitches. The rest of the game clearly wasn't designed around the player visiting areas out-of-order with shit being implemented to actively negate the player. Why would early Wrecked Ship be the exception to this when the rest of the game wasn't designed major sequence breaks like that at all?
>but even then you can go through Maridia before the Wrecked Ship by entering the tube that bridges Upper and Lower Brinstar.
Can't make any good progress without Gravity Suit IIRC
>Doing Kraid before High Jump is definitely intentional though, there is absolutely no reason for there to be a block that juts out like that unless you were intended to get there without High Jump.
I'll give you that. It's a good sequence break, albeit a minor one since High Jump take a minute to get roundtrip from Kraid's entrance
>>
>>386260149
You don't need any block, just do a midair morph and you can enter Kraid without High Jump easy.
>>
File: Fabulously Concerned Skeltal.jpg (108KB, 784x708px) Image search: [Google]
Fabulously Concerned Skeltal.jpg
108KB, 784x708px
>>386260697
>Specific animation just for wall jumping
>tutorial is even in the game that says you can wall jump
>>
>>386261052
No it's all just glitches trust me.
>>
>>386260746
What did we do to deserve Miiverse?
>>
>>386260697
nobody's saying that though
>>
File: 1501697290337.jpg (161KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501697290337.jpg
161KB, 550x800px
>>386260926
>Can't make any good progress without Gravity Suit IIRC
Yeah you can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAx4sBoUAuo
Although it's incredibly difficult.

Anyways I don't disagree that SM isn't as non linear as it's made out to be but it still has options there, a lot more than any of the Prime games where the only non linearity comes from the Artifact/Sky Temple Key hunt at the end. If you want to see a good case of non linear design then look at ZM. Everything in that game is intended by the devs, they even added a bunch of options for sequence breaking in themselves like skipping the Long Beam. Watch a reverse boss order 9% run and there are no glitches/exploits used at all.
>>
>>386259679
>Doesnt open anything new
>Wave early opens up lower norfair

>You cna literally go to meridia right after getting power bombs, high jump and ice beam.

Maybe you are just really fucking bad. It's only non-linear for those of us who are good at video games.

Super Metroid is a masterpiece for those of us were arent retarded and can actually walljump, shinespark, etc.

Literally only shitposters and people with mental handicaps say SM isn't good.
>>
>>386260597
It's almost as if the game designers knew what the fuck they were doing and allowed people to make challenges for themselves instead of railroading you into areas with artificial difficulty.

If you were fucking hardcore and thought the game was too easy, nothing was stopping you from going to meridia suitless or going up to wrecked ship early or even going to fucking ridley early. The sheer amount of sequence skips in this game cannot feasibly be coincidence. One in a fucking trillion chance all this came together by luck.
>>
>>386261174
Ok, I believe you. Nobody would just go on the internet and tell lies.
>>
File: power grip.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
power grip.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>386261327
Metroid Zero Mission's nonlinearity feels completely artificial. The only skips that exist are the ones which were explicitly programmed in with adhoc blocks or rooms. Even when you have the skills to skip something, sometimes it arbitrarily blocks you off (pic related).
I much prefer Prime 1's original release for sequence breaking. It's all glitches for sure, but it's organic. Putting aside OoB, IS and other arcane wizardry there's plenty of Prime sequence breaks which are purely about using the terrain and mechanics which already exist in novel ways. Like Super Metroid it's about forging your own path with your own skills and ingenuity.
Prime 2 wasn't nearly as interesting because it was too heavy on OoB and other gamebreaking crap, and that just kills the fun.
>>
>>386261443
>Wave early opens up lower norfair
No it doesn't, you need Spacejump to get into Lower Nofair fullstop. All the techniques to get into Lower Nofair early require glitches.

>Super Metroid is a masterpiece for those of us were arent retarded and can actually walljump, shinespark, etc.
Getting an item 5-10 minutes early with Walljumps isn't a major sequence break. Shines don't even let you get any items early unless you're using Short Shines (which is a glitch).
>>
a
>>
>>386258370
X stopped losing armors after X4.
>>
>>386261761
>Prime 2 wasn't nearly as interesting because it was too heavy on OoB

This always makes me laugh.
>developing Prime 2
>"shit, people were able to get out of bounds in Prime 1"
>"let's fix it by adding in more holes in walls and ceilings"
>"also, lets change the physics to where navigating out of bounds is easier"
>>
>>386261930
>Short Shines (which is a glitch).
[citation needed]
>>
File: Concerned Skeltal.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Skeltal.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>386261930
>Using high jump, walljumping and wavebeam = glitching

?

>Using a sequence break ISNT a sequence break if it only lets you skip half the game!!! REEEEE
>Moving the goalpost

Wave beam lets you into lower norfair. That's literally 2 bosses (Phantoon and Draygon) early. TECHNICALLY you don't even need Varia but that would blow your mind and cause you to go into even more of a rage. Stop moving the goalpost bucko.
>>
>>386261930
You can get into lower Norfair by turning off the Gravity Suit and using the wall jump.

>>386262080
It definitely seems to be the sort of thing which is a glitch.

>>386262068
Thank god for it too. Falling into bounds if you're doing a IBBF is cause for a reset.
>>
>>386261987
He literally loses the 4th/force armor between X5 and X6, even earlier if you pick Zero as the first character in X5.
>>
>>386262274
It gets destroyed if you pick Zero and he retains the Falcon armor from 5 to 6.
>>
>>386262179
I'm not that guy but I'm hesitant on calling it a glitch. It's just abusing how shinespark is calculated. Knowing which frames to hold run down on isn't glitches any more than which frames on which to block an attack in a fighting game is glitching is it?

I'm ok with calling it a glitch but.. I don't think knowing simply which frames to hold a button down can be called a glitch. It's certainly not intended to be known.. but it isn't a glitch to me.
>>
>>386262080
It's as much of a glitch as Mockball Anon.

>>386262151
>Using high jump, walljumping and wavebeam = glitching
Where did I say that?

>Wave beam lets you into lower norfair. That's literally 2 bosses (Phantoon and Draygon) early.
Phantom and Draygon aren't in Lower Nofair, that fuck are you talking about? Lower Norfair is Ridley, which agian you need Spacejump to get into without the use of glitches.

>TECHNICALLY you don't even need Varia but that would blow your mind and cause you to go into even more of a rage. Stop moving the goalpost bucko.
Not getting Varia doesn't open up anything, it's literally only useful for RBO speedruns, which use glitches to get into Lower Fair early.
>>
>>386251105
Nearly every time Samus gets attacked in canon it's pretty deadly to her.

>Her ship gets shot down and now she's too distressed to used her suit
>A tiny explosion goes off disabling most of her suits functions
>She gets ambushed by the Ing and loses her stuff again
>Ridley attacks her and she would have fallen down that shaft and died if not for Rundas
>Dark Samus shoots her and she goes into a coma
>The Metroid and Mother Brain both reduce her to near death
>Adam shoots her in the back and she goes unconscious
>X-Parasite knocks her unconscious
>The Omega Metroid almost kills her and the SA-X has to save her

It's not that Samus is really good at what she does, it's that everybody else is extremely incompetent
>>
>>386251105
Is there any explanation on why that metroid is so big?
>>
>>386262864
The space pirates were using some special radiation to make them grow faster.
>>
File: tfw2smartformemes.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
tfw2smartformemes.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
>>386262864
Normally, when a larva is located outside of the environment of its homeworld, SR388, the different atmosphere and climate seemingly halts the Metroid's natural life cycle and the creature is never able to metamorphose into the Alpha stage. However, an unnatural mutation occurred with Samus Aran's baby, the last surviving Metroid from SR388, when it was brought to planet Zebes. Stolen by Space Pirates from the Ceres Space Station during a raid led by Ridley, the Metroid was not only restricted to its larval stage, it had also increased dramatically in size. Its leeching attack was far greater than that of a typical Metroid, capable of absorbing the entirety of Samus' complete stock of Energy Tanks within seconds. It had somehow removed its vulnerability to cold temperatures (a trait seen previously in several Phazon-induced Metroid mutations, and Unfreezable Metroids later on). This mutation never occurred within other Metroid specimens on Zebes featured in Metroid, its remake Metroid: Zero Mission and earlier Metroids encountered in Super Metroid.
>>
>>386262864
Metroids only undergo metamorphosis when in an environment that mimics SR-388. The baby is in Tourian so it just kept growing and growing without ever making it to the Gamma Metroid form.
>>
File: Hustlin aint easy.jpg (136KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
Hustlin aint easy.jpg
136KB, 640x625px
>>386262552
Where did I say that

>>386261930
>you need spacejump to get into lower norfair, all other techniques require glitching

>Walljumping, High Jump and Wave = not glitching

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>386262864
Metroid lore is trash and nintendo is trash at making lore.

It's literally just big because they needed a big metroid for what they were going to do.
>>
>>386263069
>>Walljumping, High Jump and Wave = not glitching
See >>386255339
The technique to get into Lower Nofair requires damaging boosting with a Short Shinespark, which is a glitch.
>>
>>386263251
>Damage boosting
>Glitch
Wrong, there's a specific animation for it and when you look in the compiler Samus enters an entirely unique state. Now the way it's being used there is probably unintentional since the devs put that in so that you can't just run across a room and abuse i-frames so it pushes you back but it's still not a glitch.
>Short Shinespark
>Glitch
[citation needed]
>>
>>386263251
No it doesnt retard. You can get into lower norfair just using wall jumping, high jumping and wave beam. The short charge is the fast way to do it but it is not necessary.

Here's a video of some perfectly average player doing it WITHOUT EVEN HIGH JUMP. So no, it doesnt require glitching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvjoqzdjocc

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>386261327
>If you want to see a good case of non linear design then look at ZM
ZM doesn't have organic non-linear design at all. Pretty much all the places you can sequence break in are indicated by random missile blocks that are completely out-of-place otherwise. And the has an explicit block that forces you to get the Power Grip first (presumably because they wanted to force the Plasma Beam on the player but they didn't realise the player could beat the game without the Power Grip until fairly late into development).
>>
To be fair, he's a big boy.
>>
>>386263251
That's just one (fast) way, you can easily get in there with a gravity jump and a wall jump.
>>
File: Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-09.jpg (56KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Then-Crying-Meme-09.jpg
56KB, 700x700px
>>386263475
DELETE THIS
>>
>>386263539

He would say gravity jumping is a glitch which it is but you can get up there without glitching at all using just wall jumps and high jump equipped. I posted a video of some casual doing it even without high jump. I've done it with just high jump so I have no idea what that sperglord is on about anymore.
>>
>>386263487
This.

I'm glad they tried, but it was too forced.
>>
File: firefox_2017-08-05_14-04-26.png (321KB, 439x329px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-08-05_14-04-26.png
321KB, 439x329px
>>386263475
>>386263539
Ahhhhh, the perfect, glitch-free way into Lower Nofair. This was obviously was a completely intentional design choice by the developers. SM truly is a masterpiece of non-linear design!
>>
File: 1501721430007.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501721430007.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>386263751
>use X-ray visor on lava
>there's nothing there
>jump into it without gravity suit or varia suit
>get burned

Wtf Super Metroid lied to me.
>>
>>386263653
If you switch suits mid-jump to boost your upward momentum, you can get up there without even wall jumping.

If you keep wearing only the varia suit, then you can still get up there fairly easily with a wall jump.

>>386263751
Don't need that bullshit if you have the high jump. There's no glitches if you do it that way.
>>
>>386251105
Personally I like that Samus isn't invincible. We get enough STRONK female characters who mary sue their way around because writers love them too much and/or are afraid to show them as vulnerable.

Also THE BABY was immune to the ice weakness at that point due to the space pirates' experiments.
>>
>>386263867
>Don't need that bullshit if you have the high jump. There's no glitches if you do it that way.
Prove it faggot.
>>
>>386251105
The Metroid was just borrowing your hp because it knew you were going to need it for later which is why it came back to save you giving your hp back and more.
>>
File: Buttmangled.jpg (168KB, 900x896px) Image search: [Google]
Buttmangled.jpg
168KB, 900x896px
>>386263751
>y-y-yeah but it wasn't intensional so THERE

Jesus fucking christ he's pissing himself now. The god damn argument was about how the game was a masterpiece of non-linear gameplay then you said some shit about 'nu-huh because muh glitches' even though I blew you the fuck out by showing you a huge sequence break without using a single fucking glitch.

And here you are shitting yourself trying to win just a single point of the argument so you know what, here is your (you). You win this one point, just like you wanted. It wasn't intentional. But you know what? It's fucking possible without glitches and it's F-U-N

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
File: 1497190195233.jpg (3KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1497190195233.jpg
3KB, 100x100px
>>386264045
>I blew you the fuck out by showing you a huge sequence break without using a single fucking glitch.
That's objectively fucking wrong though.
>>
File: LN entry.webm (3MB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
LN entry.webm
3MB, 800x448px
>>386255339
what if i can do this?
>>
>>386263946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-O5t8vqbRE
>>
File: ShinesparkEchoKill.webm (3MB, 918x682px) Image search: [Google]
ShinesparkEchoKill.webm
3MB, 918x682px
Reminder you didn't know about this.
>>
>>386257685
every beam is optional
>>
>>386264261
I did, I had to do it when I was trying my RBO run.
>>
File: pal.png (6KB, 605x43px) Image search: [Google]
pal.png
6KB, 605x43px
>>386264226
Wow I never realized PAL was the DEFINITIVE version of Super Metroid. Only in Europe does the non-linear brilliance of SM shine through.
>>
>>386264156

>Bomb jumping (aka no space jump)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLZfM-Oym8I

>Wall jumping (aka no space jump)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-O5t8vqbRE

B T F O
T
F
O

That's thrice now.
>>
>>386251105
Metal Gear Ray is the biggest jobber in gaming. It can't even withstand a 5.7mm round without blowing up.
>>
>>386264427
>Crops out the rest of the comment
You're only lying to yourself, anon.
>>
File: attic-super conserve.webm (3MB, 916x720px) Image search: [Google]
attic-super conserve.webm
3MB, 916x720px
>>386264261
please stop posting your 5 fps trash trying to get gamer epeen points thanks
>>
>>386264432
>>386264427

Here is a dude doing high-jumpless lava dive on the japanese version. Skip to 25:25 and watch the right side player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7uOmdilJ0&t=0s

B T F O
T
F
O

4 times now.
>>
>>386262864
It's the Super Metroid.
>>
>>386264432
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLZfM-Oym8I
>Have to Gravity Suit to even do the bomb jump
Wow what a great, major skip!
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-O5t8vqbRE
PAL only glitch, doesn't count
>>
>>386264614
>>386264261
oh LMAO i just realized you are an oatsngoats stream monster kys
>>
>>386264621
Walljumping off of spikes is a glitch and you need Spacejump to finish that sequence off anyway.
>>
File: Mr Bones.gif (206KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mr Bones.gif
206KB, 500x500px
>>386264685
see
>>386264621

B T F O
T
F
O

5 rimes now.

>T-t-that way to do it doesnt count because the sequence break isn't big enough

Still a sequence break. BTFO 6 times now.
>>
>>386264685
>Wow what a great, major skip!
You can skip the whole of Maridia. And using other skips, you can get the Gravity Suit early as well.
>>
>>386264859
He didnt use spacejump, he used a walljump at the end. Also wall jumping off a spike isn't a glitch.

And the method is known as "high jump-less" meaning it is possible with high jump as well.

BTFO 7 times.
>>
>>386264890
>walljumping off of spikes
>intentional
lol?...............
>>
>>386265017
>i-frames are a glitch
>>
File: Blown the fuck out.gif (882KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Blown the fuck out.gif
882KB, 500x335px
>>386265017
>I-frames weren't intentionally put into the game to prevent you from taking damage too fast or be knocked out

I guess I-frames are a glitch?
>>
>>386265008
You don't even need to wall jump off a spike, you can hit the tip of the wall-monster instead.
>>
File: 1460917553231.png (195KB, 331x323px) Image search: [Google]
1460917553231.png
195KB, 331x323px
>>386265053
>>386265096
>using i-frames to walljump off of something you're not supposed to is intentional design
>>
>>386265132

I didn't know that about high-jumpless. I've only ever done it with high jump so I wouldn't know. I'm a casual scumbag.

But I'm sure walljumping is a glitch and this sequence break isn't big enough to count as a sequence break. We should really listen to the guy shitting himself trying to eek-out a tiny win here.

Every time he's moved the goalpost he's been blown the fuck out. At this point it's comical.
>>
>>386265149
>using the intentional invincibility with the intentional wall jump is unintentional
It's not even necessary, you can get enough height if you wall jump off the enemy with the high jump.
>>
File: 1399763619307.gif (3MB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1399763619307.gif
3MB, 350x280px
>>386265338
>you can get enough height if you wall jump off the enemy with the high jump.
Prove it nigger. Oh wait,

you can't.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-pO0OjGSeE
>>
File: Dancing Skeltal.gif (339KB, 215x194px) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Skeltal.gif
339KB, 215x194px
>>386265149
>I-frames specifically coded to prevent knockback
>Another guy says you don't even have to do it that way, you can just walljump off the monster which is intentional since there is an animation on the monster when it is done.

I guess I-frames are glitches now and the other way doesn't count because the monster is too scary to walljump off of?
>>
>>386265456
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHTklsEXwjE
>>
>>386265538
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
File: Real Fucking Neato.gif (370KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Real Fucking Neato.gif
370KB, 300x168px
>>386265456
B T F O
T
F
O

by
>>386265538

That's like.. 9 BTFO's
>>
File: 1477322506609.png (47KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
1477322506609.png
47KB, 350x339px
>>386264671
>>
>>386265538
B T F O
T
F
O
>>
File: Potassium Intensifies.jpg (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Potassium Intensifies.jpg
17KB, 256x256px
>>386264671
>>
>>386264890
>>386265840
>>386265883
>>386265978
samefag
>>
File: job.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Seriously though is there a bigger jobber in video games?
>>
File: 1500778643927.jpg (280KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1500778643927.jpg
280KB, 1280x1280px
>>386258276
>>
File: 1499547539328.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499547539328.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>386266056

don't get mad cuz u bad son
>>
File: juan millian.jpg (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
juan millian.jpg
192KB, 640x480px
>>386265978
>>386265883
>>386265840

The day some faggot was BTFO so hard he probably went to commit sudoku.
>>
File: BTFO again.png (35KB, 308x277px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO again.png
35KB, 308x277px
>>386266056

Only two and those two were two seperate BTFO's so....
>>
So, we're now all in agreement that most of Super Metroid's non linearity was intended right?
>>
>>386263929
>Personally I like that Samus isn't invincible. We get enough STRONK female characters who mary sue their way around because writers love them too much and/or are afraid to show them as vulnerable.

That's the opposite of how Samus' autistic fanbase sees her though.
>>
>>386266287
Of course.
Some elements like mockballs and quick shines are questionable, but there's a fuckton you can do with only wall jumps and bomb jumps.
>>
File: Let Go.jpg (42KB, 546x432px) Image search: [Google]
Let Go.jpg
42KB, 546x432px
>>386266287
Yes. After much debate and assblasting it is 100% confirmed intentional and this shit should be stickied.
>>
>>386266287
Only Wrecked Ship early (after High jump) and Lower Nofair Early (after Gravity Suit) was intentional. Everything else using glitches for major breaks.
>>
>>386266373
>(after High jump)
CWJ does not require high jump. You can ascend Red Tower, grab the power bombs and cross the moat without the high jump or any glitches.
>>
>>386266287
No, Super Metroid is a poorly designed glitchfest and probably the most overrated game of all time.
>>
>>386266373
>(after Gravity Suit)
Remind me where you see the gravity suit in this >>386265538
>>
File: Ain't even mad.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Ain't even mad.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>386266543
>Swimming in his own shit, tears and piss after being BTFO, he tries one last ditch effort to shitpost

ok
>>
File: 6x7DIdH.jpg (127KB, 521x440px) Image search: [Google]
6x7DIdH.jpg
127KB, 521x440px
>>
>>386256665
you can fight phantoon before getting the grapple beam.
>>
>>386256665
You can fight ridley before draygon as shown by the massive amount of shitposts near the bottom.
>>
>"hmmm, let me play this game again, but this time, I won't collect X item!"
Boring

What's the fucking point?
>>
>>386266949
Metroid fags are severely autistic
>>
File: .jpg (37KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
37KB, 500x534px
>>386266987
>>
>>386266949
Platforming is dramatically different if you only have half the powerups you're supposed to.
>>
>>386264621
>cfb
Isn't that the runner who got banned for telling everyone to kill themselves at AGDQ
>>
File: Binding of Isaac.jpg (546KB, 1000x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Binding of Isaac.jpg
546KB, 1000x1300px
>>386266987
>>386266949

Video Games are Autistic.
>>
I'm sick and tired of "gurrl bounty hunters"
First of all; they don't hunt any bounties.
Second of all; they HAVE to wear powersuits and use upgrades, unlike everyone else in the galaxy who goes around naked using raw force like a real man. What is up with that.
>>
File: 1426356935750.png (2MB, 991x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1426356935750.png
2MB, 991x1426px
>>386267034
>when
>>
>>386267118

I have no idea. I don't watch AGDQ anymore since it isn't fun and I'd rather be playing video games
>>
>>386265538
You could heal while in menus?
I've beaten the game couple of times and I didn't know that. Fuck.
>>
>>386267259
You have to switch the reserve tanks into manual mode, then you can drain them. It's better to do it in the pause menu rather than in the lava, because the lava will continue to deal damage.

Reserve tanks are weird any way.
>>
>>386267118
>for telling everyone to kill themselves at AGDQ
Reminder he was in the right there, the crowds at those events are terrible. Anyone who does Waluigi imitations should be shot.
>>
>>386255339
I've seen getting into lower norfair with 4 Energy tanks, no high jump, no space jump, and no gravity suit. That shit is tight.
>>
File: Pls no bully.png (1002KB, 1278x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Pls no bully.png
1002KB, 1278x1030px
>>386267408
b-b-but anon-kun! That's glitching!
>>
>>386267118
i didnt get banned
>>
File: Bitch hold on.jpg (70KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bitch hold on.jpg
70KB, 702x1024px
>>386267559
>Not posting proof you are you who is you

?
>>
What causes people to so stubbornly refuse facts that are right in front of their face anyway? Shitposter-kun got BTFO at least a dozen times.
>>
>>386258370
Megaman gives up his weapons because he's a pacifist or something.

Samus loses her equipment by being incompetent and getting BTFO.
>>
Anyone notice a lot of rednecks from the south really like SM?
>>
>>386267792
Autism
>>
File: KraidQuickKill.webm (481KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
KraidQuickKill.webm
481KB, 256x224px
There are people ITT right now, who take more than ten seconds killing Kraid.
>>
is the mach ball glitch useful in a speedrun?
>>
>>386267627
you dont have to believe me
>>
>>386268045
You can use it to skip Spore Spawn and get Ice Beam early. So absolutely.
>>
>>386268050
Next time you do a run and upload it to youtube just reference this thread and reference that guy BTFO at least 10 times.

and link it here on the 4chans because I'm not subscribed to you
>>
>>386268032
Every boss in this shitty game can be defeated with little to no effort.
>>
>>386268209
i dont upload my runs to youtube also i've been working on dkc2, sm is on the shelf for now my man, also i really dont give a shit about 'BTFOing' random anons on 4chan
>>
>>386268238
Phantoon can be rough for noobies. The enrage mode can wipe people who dont know either A: not to enrage him. or B: Don't know charge jumping lets you dodge the damage

Ridley will straight up murder you if you don't know what the fuck you are doing.

But yeah anyone above the age of 12 shouldnt have too much issue with the bosses.
>>
>>386268045
>mach
It's mock and yes it's essential, you get Super Missiles when you first enter Upper Brinstar as well as an energy reserve tank.
>>
>>386268327
Then you arent you as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>386268515
ok
>>
>>386268515
im literally streaming right now you can come ask me for proof my dude
>>
>>386258003
That shit is hard as fuck my dude
>>
>>386268802
Git gud. Alternatively do a shinespark.
>>
>>386251105
>bumps into wall
>"oh no all of my high tech space gear has malfunctioned. time to go gather tons more shit and then discard it after the mission instead of keeping it until the next one."
>>
File: 6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg (97KB, 634x488px) Image search: [Google]
6134757048_6ca67e60e3_b.jpg
97KB, 634x488px
>>386268953
>wow, this video game doesn't conform to my ideal standards which dictate that video games must be 100% realistic
>>
>>386268706
Yeah well now I'm BTFO
>>
File: 1497793337915.png (21KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
1497793337915.png
21KB, 438x438px
>>386268327
""""""""""working on dkc2""""""""""
>>
>>386269198
>entire thread is about comparing videogames to reality

>who even cares about storytelling
>>
>>386268238
It's almost like video games are designed for kids
>>
File: Maridia.gif (47KB, 512x446px) Image search: [Google]
Maridia.gif
47KB, 512x446px
>Want to replay game
>Remember that one part
>>
>>386269815
First half of Maridia is great, second half is kinda boring
>>
>>386269815
its better without gravity suit
>>
File: Super-Cloudbuilt-Banner.jpg (284KB, 646x325px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Cloudbuilt-Banner.jpg
284KB, 646x325px
Has anyone here in /v/ ever played all the way through through Super Cloudbuilt?

https://youtu.be/Er_b8js2tkg
>>
File: AWWWW YISS.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
AWWWW YISS.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>386270184
omg I love it when people post shit-tier youtubers!
>>
>>
File: ZM scenes.png (399KB, 960x832px) Image search: [Google]
ZM scenes.png
399KB, 960x832px
>>386270868
I hope Samus Returns has alternate ending scenes for time and completion.
>>
>>386271101
Has there ever been a Metroid game without that?
>>
File: 1501965210404.png (87KB, 239x413px) Image search: [Google]
1501965210404.png
87KB, 239x413px
>>386271101
>waifufags unironically think this is a good ass

Laugh reactions only
>>
>>386271380
I'd consider this to be more correct, since this is what you see in-game.
>>
>>386270327
So what's not shit teir? Considering there is any teir on youtube that isn't shit.
>>
File: tumblr_ou3gaksmCI1sdbcamo2_1280.png (290KB, 829x1051px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ou3gaksmCI1sdbcamo2_1280.png
290KB, 829x1051px
>>386251105
>Destroys and entire species
>Does not consider the ramifications this would have on the ecosystem.
>>
>>386271740
The metroids weren't a native part of that ecosystem to begin with. They were created by the chozo.
>>
>>386271806
You're missing my point. She should have looked into the idea that the Metroid's prey population may run rampant.
>>
>>386271806
Were Draygon and Phantoon native to Zebes?
>>
>>386271872
That wasn't her job.
>>
File: When you Nut but she Keep Succ.jpg (76KB, 687x618px) Image search: [Google]
When you Nut but she Keep Succ.jpg
76KB, 687x618px
>>386271943
>It wasn't her job so it's okay

I guess that validates the entirety of Other M.

Checkmate, faggot.
>>
File: Hank.jpg (6KB, 204x258px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.jpg
6KB, 204x258px
>>386271740
>destroys the entire ecosystem so it won't have to suffer

What now?
>>
>>386272009
Wasn't really her job to listen to Adam either.
>>
File: 1501824556136.png (33KB, 280x401px) Image search: [Google]
1501824556136.png
33KB, 280x401px
>>386272087
She agreed to it

Nigger just admit you lost the argument and that Samus is retarded already.
>>
File: 1465169647727.jpg (48KB, 470x475px) Image search: [Google]
1465169647727.jpg
48KB, 470x475px
>>386268209
>>386269312
>BTFO
>BTFO XD
You have to be 18 or older to browse this site, kiddo.
>>
>>386259679
non-linearity is overrated tb h

Fusion the best
>>
>>386273621
nonlinearity is the reason Metroid is so replayable
>>
>>386273713
The original, Super and ZM are the only non linear ones though.
>>
>>386273886
Prime GCN NTSC-U is nonlinear. Unintentionally, but it still turns out surprisingly well.

Metroid 1 is nonlinear but that never had any semblance of a sequence anyway, it was just a plain open world.
>>
>>386273886
The original and ZM are the only non linear ones.

Super is only as linear as a Megaman game.
>>
>>386274013
>Unintentionally
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>386274054
You got BTFO, go away.
>>
>>386274119
Prime 1 had better sequence breaking than ZM and that was an accident.
ZM is a tad overrated.
>>
>>386256665
You can get Super Missiles before Plant Boss, the Power Bombs before the Varia Suit, Spazer before Hi-Jump, Ice Beam without Speed Booster and Wave Beam without Grapple
>>
>>386274119
Super Metroid is mostly unintentionally nonlinear as well.
A good number of tricks exploit the physics or mechanics in some unintended way, the same as Prime's do.
>>
>>386274143
He's right though.
>>
>>386274467
>>386274484
We just went over this. Do you have memory loss?
>>
>>386274415
Super Missiles before Spore Spawn is mockball, not what the dude is looking for.
>>
>>386274467
So does this mean a poorly designed game can be good and a well designed game can be bad?

>>386274545
Prove it
>>
>>386274415
None of those are intended.
>>
>>386274415
>You can get Super Missiles before Plant Boss
Mockballing is not intentional, is there another way besides mockballing in the initial area of Upper Brinstar to get Super Metroids?
>>
File: Prime 2 is pretty fun so far.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Prime 2 is pretty fun so far.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>386274572
>prove it
The thread

/thread
>>
>>386274713
The thread that proves you wrong?
>>
>>386274545
>>386274598
start here and read to the end, you got proven wrong.>>386255339
>>
>>386274713
All you can choose in SM is the boss order. You still need to defeat them all to unlock Dr. Wily's Castle.
>>
>>386274598
Spazer before hi-jump was intended since it was specifically placed before high jump and you could easily wall-jump up there with a single wall jump.

Wave beam before grapple is also intended since you can do a running jump and get to the far wall and wall jump up that as well.

The rest are not intentional as far as we know since we cant confirm mockball was intentional it totally wasnt though
>>
>>386274713
No nigger, I meant something like

see >>386274572
im not even him, im just to lazy to follow
>>
>>386274758
>proven wrong
>with a webm that shows an unintentional skip
>>
>>386274836
This is true in every Metroid game.

>>386274897
Read nigger.
>>
>>386274545
No, we didn't go over anything. You went over something with a different anon.
I'm saying that a number of tricks in both games are absolutely not intentional. Some of them are intended, but not all.
This is like the wavedash argument in the smash fandom. That is absolutely not an intended trick because I highly doubt the developers saw someone sliding across the stage and said "Yes. This is exactly what I want."
It's a bug in the physics, and Super Metroid has some of those as well. A good example is mockball. There's no way in hell that was intentional.
I'm not even going to reply to anything else you say to me, so don't even bother.
>>
>>386274836
So we agree that it's unintentionally (Mockball, clippings etc) and intentionally (wall-jumping, bomb-jumping, shinesparking, crystal flash) in some parts non-linear?

Cool, glad that weak argument is over.
>>
>>386274928
Not in the original or ZM.
>>
>>386274928
You don't even know what you're arguing now do you.
>>
File: 45602.jpg (104KB, 960x721px) Image search: [Google]
45602.jpg
104KB, 960x721px
>>386251105
At least Samus didn't lose to the first boss.
>>
>>386258880
Nintendo games are definitely more polished than any others, besides Platinum, Valve, and Blizzard games. Having glitches that don't massively halt your progress is perfectly acceptable. It's not like you're falling through a floor or losing save data.

That being said, fuck Game Freak. They have some seriously shitty, Bethesda-tier glitches in their games.
>>
>>386275034
>original
You have to kill Kraid and Ridley. Can be skipped with a glitch.
>ZM
You have to kill Kraid and Ridley. No way around it.
>>
>>386275081
In SM samus doesnt lose to ridley, he runs away after you shoot him enough times

git gud
>>
>>386261267
Not enough, because Nintendo took it away for the Switch.

Miiverse was the best game in the entirety of the 8th generation.
>>
>>386251105
That's a big metroid.
>>
>>386275106
>ZM
>Have to kill Kraid and then Ridley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3THRhCgCO4
L O L
O
L
>>
Zelda BotW, original Metroid = Fully non-linear games

Any Megaman, Super Metroid = Semi-linear games

FFXIII and Metroid Fusion = Fully linear games
>>
>>386275159
Anon, I said she DIDN'T lose.
>>
>>386275289
>ZM
Zero Mission bruh.
>>
>>386275367
Nigga I can't read. You ask too much of me!
>>
Hopes for Prime 4?

I want 3D sequence breaking.
>>
>>386275289
You can choose the boss order in ZM too.

>>386275306
Semi-linear > linear > non-linear.

Fully non-linear games have complete garbage level design, while Megaman and Super Metroid have some of the best level design of any platformers.
>>
>>386275371
I posted the wrong video, either way you're wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNgpOrTLHTU
>>
>>386275474
Go play American Prime 1 then.
>>
>>386275474
I really hope they make it good
>>
>>386275484
Glitchfest =/= good design
>>
>>386275558

That aint me brotato. I was just pointing out you posted the wrong video. Calm your titties.
>>
>>386275558
I never said you had to do Kraid then Ridley. Only that you had to do both.

>>386275626
The most major skips in Super Metroid (early Power Bombs, early Wrecked Ship, early Lower Norfair) require no glitches as demonstrated earlier this thread.
>>
>>386275703
>Only that you had to do both.
Ok then I don't understand your argument here when we're talking about non linearity.
>>
>>386275626
I guess every game older than 1 month ha shit design since the older a game is the more glitches that can be found.

I think you mean to say 'game breaking glitches' In SM, a casual faggot (like yourself) won't encounter a single glitch. You have to literally go out of your way to do X-ray scope glitching or know how to break the game using mockball or whatever.
>>
>>386275790
I was originally responding to this post >>386274836 with this post >>386274928
In Super Metroid, you must kill all the bosses in any order before you proceed to the endgame. This is true in Zero Mission also.
>>
File: .png (689KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
.png
689KB, 1000x1000px
>>386275885
Oh ok my bad.
>>
File: 1501791159192.jpg (90KB, 440x622px) Image search: [Google]
1501791159192.jpg
90KB, 440x622px
>>386275568
I've done it. I've got the original NTSC version and my original 2002 Gamecube.

But it's clearly unintentional, and there are very few sequence breaks without it. All I can remember is the one Chozo Artifact in the pillar in Magmoor.
>>
File: ridleyThinking.png (737KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
ridleyThinking.png
737KB, 1300x1300px
>>386276024
>shooting a missile (an item you obtain before Magmoor) at a pillar you immediately see when you first enter
>sequence break
>>
>>386276024
I don't mind that it's unintentional, it's really fun and it can get pretty creative (unlike ZM).
>>
>>386276152
It lets you get the artifact before you're supposed to.

iirc, you also have to do a trick jump to get it.
>>
>>386276195
Unintentional sequence breaks are fine, my problem is that it pretty much trivializes the rest of the game. Being able to get the Ice Beam before fighting Flaaghra shreds any sense of balance and difficulty progression the game has.

Well, to be fair, so do the glitches in Super. Being able to fight Ridley first seriously fucks with the balance.
>>
>>386276683
IBBF is one of my less favourite glitches due to all the wallcrawling - however, getting that fourth energy tank is worth it just for the thrill ride that is Varialess Magmoor.
>>
File: .jpg (181KB, 1080x1079px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
181KB, 1080x1079px
bump
>>
>>386278107
What's your favourite Metroid game and why?
>>
File: 1501891085580.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501891085580.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>>386278270
Super Metroid because of the map design which leads to high replayability, music, atmosphere and the sheer level of control you have over Samus and as you progressively become more familiar with things like wall jumping it practically becomes a different game.

Best song in the series is this by the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj5DWB5a2n8
>>
File: Metroid.png (717KB, 1280x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Metroid.png
717KB, 1280x1150px
>>386278620
I couldn't have said any of it better myself.
>>
>>386263208
this
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.