[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFXI is going on sale for 9$ on the 9th, what excuse do you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: FFXI aeonic weapons.png (1MB, 1297x729px) Image search: [Google]
FFXI aeonic weapons.png
1MB, 1297x729px
FFXI is going on sale for 9$ on the 9th, what excuse do you have for not playing the greatest MMO ever made?
>>
Why wont the bastards bring blue made to fucking ffxiv?

>want to hunt and tame animals
>only mmo that allows me to do this is shitty WoW
>>
It runs really poorly on modern systems because of the decision to build the game on the PS2 devkit and run it through a wrapper for Windows compatibility. I like the modern changes they made. Lets me see things I couldn't do as a little internet shitter when I played this first. XI was great but it really is a messy game.
>>
File: 1501188558644.png (150KB, 315x352px) Image search: [Google]
1501188558644.png
150KB, 315x352px
>>386248954

>what excuse do you have for not playing the greatest MMO ever made?

TWO WORDS NON;

PLAY. ONLINE.
>>
>>386248954
I played from 2004 to 2012. It started going to shit sometime in 2010, but I hung in there.
I can't imagine how awful it is now. Probably just a shriveled husk of its former magnificence.
>>
>>386249385
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkVv4pJqNc
>>
I actually just unsubbed a few days ago :^)

It wasn't the game, it was me
>>
>>386248954

ded gaym
>>
>>386248954
What's the point in investing into an MMO that you know will not receive any significant new content and is going to shut down in the next few years?
>>
>>386249343
PoL is shitty but you are overblowing its annoyance factor, FFXI is worth playing and getting around its quirks for the sheer fact that its got the best horizontal progression of any MMO, the game in its current state is almost perfectly realized, its just so old that people don't give it a chance.

The only real gripe i have with the game is that class balance is iffy and favors casters too much, but since you can solo or duo / trio shit 85% of the game on any class it doesn't matter much if you have to go to schah as a fucking geomancer or scholar
>>
File: 1499550138058.png (704KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499550138058.png
704KB, 720x960px
>>386249442

I will listen to this for the next 32 hours in a row to emulate the authenticity of playonline :^)
>>
>>386248954
I tried to buy it on Steam once but I got REGION BLOCK'd. I got depressed because I always wanted to play it and used the cash to buy XIV instead, RIP blue mage dreams.
>>
>>386249531
It used to have a very good horizontal progression, they kind of ruined a lot of that with the ilvl shit copied straight from XIV they added in the last xpac. Gear swaps are barely even a thing anymore now that the best gear has insane stats and overpowers everything that came previously.
>>
>>386249526
lol XI isn't going anywhere, it still makes money and the people that play it are super dedicated to it, and it still gets content, where do you get your information?

They decided to axe expansions and go with a slow small content update style with a smaller team of people to cut back on costs to make sure it remains profitable for the future.
>>
>>386248954

Waste of money and time.

It's not the same game that it was. That's the thing about MMOs. A lot of the time you just had to be there at the right time.
>>
>>386248954
>hotkey mmo
Oh, gee, can we?!
>>
>>386249757
I played XI at NA launch and I think its better now, as a game. When it comes to the social shit yeah it was better back in the day because you had to spend 10 hours in xp parties with people and you got to know them, but the game is actually something you can progress on now if you aren't a shit socker

>>386249738
It still has good horizontal progression, and gear swaps are 100% still a thing, you can upgrade all your old AF to 119, and you still have to farm gear swap gear for a lot of jobs, blue mage is notorious for this as they need like 5-6 sets of gear and then off pieces, as is red mage.
>>
i've already completed it.

plus its more casual than ARR now. you get mounts and gear all solo just for logging in and having trusts carry you.
>>
>>386250094
well it can't all compare to wow where you do mundane fetch quests and get ganked 30 times on the way to your mobs
>>
>>386249531
I really do like XI. The PS2kit decision was really bad. They even wanted to make another expansion with new assets. Couldn't because of the failure rate on the PS2 devkits. A lot of what holds the game back is the decision 15 years ago to use the PS2 devkits. Things like keeping the 80 item inventory and limited inventory view go back to that. Has something to do with compiling on the devkits but I don't know shit about code.
>>
>>386250191
I thought the OP was for XIV, please dont bully. I fucked up.
>>
>>386248954
I dislike MMOs and if I buy any FF games in the near future it's going to be FFXII Zodiac Age or FFXV as I haven't played it yet.
>>
>>386250239
it can't be helped, this game was pre WoW and its the nips we are talking about, them and their fucking playstations, even though ever since the game launched on PC it had been the superior version and they should have switched full resources to it, but zipperheads don't have PCs
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.