[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game has a lackluster roster, shitty graphics and typical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 54

>Game has a lackluster roster, shitty graphics and typical DLC bullshit.
>This somehow means the game is an unredeemable hot dumpsterfire and that they might as well cancel it.

Why has hating Infinite turned into such a fucking meme?
>>
File: 1402186856861.png (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1402186856861.png
92KB, 400x400px
>>386247649
Its not realy the graphics and DLC.

The main reason why people hate it is the lack of new characters.

The game feels like a recycled project. Considering majority of the cast is just re used assets.

The sub par grafics and DLC ares jut additional problems people like to layer on top of the game.

Imagine if capcom announced stuff like Asura or BOF character or Punisher during the initial reveal people would forgive the few odd faces.
>>
>>386247649
You would have a point if the game had any redeeming point, or anything good at all. It hasn't.
>>
The recycling would've been "fine" if it lead to more newcomers and more interesting vets.
>>386248317
The gameplay looks fun at least. Closer to MvC2 systems than MvC3.
>>
>>386248317
>No redeemable qualities.

How about the fact that it looks like MvC3 but actually good?
>>
>>386247649
>>386248056
>>386248583
The graphics and DLC are more than enough reason to complain. If Capcom was just flipping their old assets, it really would be like MvC2, and people would mock them accordingly, then move on. But they're making new models that all look WORSE than their work on the previous game, promoting MvCi in ways that make it look worse than it really is, and dangling most of the new characters for release down the line. They're doing subpar work and their priorities are all fucked up. Plus, they have to take the heat for Marvel's shitty corporate logic, and they're not good at bullshitting their way around it.
>>
>>386248823
you don't actually believe that do you?
>>
File: almond activation.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
almond activation.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>386247649
>Main reason people are interested in a crossover game is the roster
>Roster is shit

>B-but muh gameplay
Might as well create a new original fighting game
>>
>>386249165
>B-but muh gameplay
Yeah I know that's a stupid thing to care about in modern video games I'm sorry.
>>
File: aWGWda0.jpg (82KB, 810x462px) Image search: [Google]
aWGWda0.jpg
82KB, 810x462px
>more languages than newcomers on launch
l m a o
>>
Maybe it wouldn't seem so bad if DBZF didn't look 1000x better in every way.
>>
>>386248317
It does have some.

First of people say it has solid game play.

Its no longer Touch of death the game.
And the way tag in works lets you do nearly infinite combos variations.
Basically now every single character is viable as a point character.
You no longer pick characters just because they have a touch of death enabling assist.
You can now acualy play stuff you like.
And the infinity stones make it so few people play the character the same way.

Like you tell me for a character like Hagar who has a command grab what is the best option.
A homing projectile a teleport dash like bison in SFV a Suck in armored move.
>>
File: X1ukzbW.jpg (92KB, 810x453px) Image search: [Google]
X1ukzbW.jpg
92KB, 810x453px
>still focusing on the story mode and no other modes
capcpom please

>>386249418
despite the narrative i really doubt dbfz and infinite are gonna play the same or even have that much of an overlap
dbfz will still play like an asw with added assist mechanics while infinite will still play like mahvel.
>>
>>386249325
That's not the point you retard
How is people going to approach the product if it's not attracted to the product in the first place?

Do you even marketing?
>>
>smaller roster with 90% of them being reused from UMvC3
>anymore new characters are reserved for DLC
>Pulling the same shit with SFV where they present characters in story mode and then make them DLC later because fuck you.
>Reused music, win/intro animations, voice lines
>another fucking pointless fighting gimmick with the stones
>stones more broken than x-factor

Yeah, its a meme how bad this game is.
>>
>>386249134
MvC3 was a fucking mess of a game trying to juggle way too many balls at once.

Infinite going back to 2v2 means there is a glimmer of hope that the game might be almost balanced.
>>
>>386249668
>the game might be almost balanced.
Yeah, buffing Zero seems like the right thing to do balance wise.
>>
>>386247649
You forgot that the fighting also feels like shit

I have 0 patience for any of the above after SFV
>>
File: pNRmGT1.jpg (147KB, 1251x698px) Image search: [Google]
pNRmGT1.jpg
147KB, 1251x698px
i'm still so fucking mad that BP is DLC. sigma being DLC is bullshit too but after seeing the BP trailer shit made me super hype to style on fools with him in infinite but i gotta pay up for it. piss off.
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>2v2
>no assists
>>
File: IMG_0897.jpg (699KB, 761x998px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0897.jpg
699KB, 761x998px
Capcom shills have been in full damage control since E3. Its fucking hilarious to see all the positive SFV and Infinite threads out of nowhere.
>>
>>386250029
2v2 and the new tag mechanic are the best things about the game though.
>>
File: Zangief.jpg (20KB, 301x399px) Image search: [Google]
Zangief.jpg
20KB, 301x399px
The game is shit, they actually removed chara- I mean functions, told everyone to get over it, chose a terrible art style, somehow make Frank seem un-fun, fucked up Arthur and his jump can now fuck you up worse than it could in MvC3,etc.
>>
>NO ONE REMEMBERS THE X-MEN!
>B-B-But they do remember my wife is my arm man
>>
>>386250147
as opposed to what fighting game do you think is competitive? the gimmicky weeb tie in game you advertised there?

MVC is way more competitive and known fighting game
>>
it's fucking Street Fighter vs Tekken: Marvel Edition
>>
>>386247649
>okay so capcom is reusing assets from 3, but hey, it will look better than 3 right? It has been so long. Wait, it looks worse? Okay.
>So they are reducing the roster? That's fine, gotta start small and go big later right? Wait, they are cutting people's favorite x-men for disney's bullshit? And they will likely not come back? T-t-that's okay, who knows who Wolveine is anyway?
>What about newcomers? Vs games are all about surprise and that cool roster, what, they arent cool at all? Oh, but hey, at least their movesets are mostly re-used so we get THE FUNCTIONS of our favorite x-men back! Y-yay.
>Oh, the main villain from Capcom's side is a newcomer, and sigma?! Cool, oh, he's dlc? Well, just Ultron is fine.

The only reason to NOT hate the game right now is that shills have reported it's "fun to play" so far. And while gameplay is great and all, this is a Versus game, there are many other things that sell this kind of besides gameplay, and they arent there, so it's not much of a meme as much as fucking common sense to mock them for this travesty.

I wish Jedah and X werent there as sacrificial pawns for this dumpster fire of a game.
>>
File: Midori.jpg (129KB, 733x800px) Image search: [Google]
Midori.jpg
129KB, 733x800px
>>386250441
I remember that anime
>>
>>386250441
>Darkstalkers isn't popular enough for a new game
>but Jedah is INSTANTLY recognizable, and will ensure people flock to the game
>>
>>386247649

Youre such a pathetic idiot my man. Those three things are more than enough to hate

>but gameplay

So they managed to make the most basic thing about in a videogame somewhat decent? Holy shit neverfuckingmind kuddos to this amazing team
>>
>>386250185
Why? It's a huge reduction in complexity and depth compared to MVC2 and 3. Much fewer potential team combinations, especially when you count the different assists you could pick from. No assists also reduces the options you have during neutral game. One of the best things about MVC3 is it gives you room for lots of creativity and experimentation, which will be severely crippled by 2v2 and no assists. Not to mention the smaller roster.
>>
File: smug_aqua.png (219KB, 347x429px) Image search: [Google]
smug_aqua.png
219KB, 347x429px
>>386250693
Ayase was better
>>
>>386250716
Darkstalkers was in development though. It just got canned due to SFxT bombing (though Capcom Vancouver was doing it so maybe it was for the best)
>>
>>386250838
That's not why at all. It got canned because literally no one gives a shit about Darkstalkers. They put out the Vsav collection and no one bought it, it performed the worst out of all of those Iron Galaxy remasters. Ono' campaign to drum up hype failed and his revealing of internal promotion he wasn't supposed to show pissed off the higher ups. It was never happening.
>>
>>386250824
Complexity and depth means absolutely jack shit in a fighting game if you can't balance the game properly. Which is exactly what happened with MvC3.
>>
>We'll soon live in a world where Netherrealm actually beats Capcom in making a Fighting Game
Not saying Injustice 2 is amazing, but compared to the turd that MvCI is it's a competent fighter.
>>
File: 1495734200637.png (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495734200637.png
72KB, 640x480px
i play fighting games all the fucking time and the main reason i hate this game is because they dumbed down the control scheme to something even simpler than mortal kombat. i hated the simplistic controls in MVC3, i fucking hate that i have to play 4 button MVC2 on my ps3 (but i still play it all the time), and i will not even bother touching the shit heap that is MVC:I

the horrible visuals, basic bitch story and reused assets only strengthen my resolve to stay far, far away from this until its ~$10 and fully completed
>>
>>386250441
Arent the X-Men canon dead in the comics so Fox cant make bank on them?
>>
>>386251554
LMHS > 2P2K
Fucking fight me on this.
>>
>>386251575
I don't even know what's the plot now
>>
>>386251229
http://shoryuken.com/2013/09/03/domination-101-prelude-to-a-diss-some-preliminary-remarks-on-balance/

educate yourself scrub
>>
>>386251575
Last I saw they were slowly but surely being replaced by the Inhumans. I also don't see how them being dean in comics means Fox won't make money off them in the movies.
>>
>>386250824
> No assists also reduces the options you have during neutral game
not at all. the other waqy around,, in mvc3 every fucking match is spam assist to lock the opponent in a safe way then just cross up his shit.
now you have to actually fight your way in.
>>
>>386251906
>Play who you like, but play to win, or dont bother.

I like this.
>>
>>386251906
>Capcom bootlicker downplaying the importance of balance.

Literally "Characters are just functions"-tier

Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>386249165
This. I could forgive the small roster if the majority was new characters. Give me pic related or Gene
>>
>>386250765
It's cute how you try to trivialize the importance of the fighting in a fighting game.

Nice try though.
>>
>>386247649
MvCI will probably end up being a decent game when all is said and done but the biggest problem it has right now is perception. Capcom has fucked up so spectacularly with the marketing and presentation of everything about this game. The game has a lot of flaws yes but these could have been mitigated or at the very least downplayed quite a bit had they just done a better job of showing the game off.
The gameplay is obviously solid but it takes more than that to get people interested and Capcom fucked up in every other area. The lack of X-Men is out of their hands because of Marvel but they needed to make up for it with way more new characters on launch. People were expecting cuts but also replacements and instead the roster just has a big X shaped hole in it that hasn't been filled by anything yet. The graphics are mediocre but the biggest problem is obviously the models and Capcom clearly needed to spend more time on them, especially when they're doing a story where the characters will constantly be focused on.
The story seems incredibly dull so far and if they had anything of substance in it to show they really should have done so to get people excited. As for the DLC we all know it's an inevitability nowadays but they should have waited until the whole base roster was shown to start announcing it. Combine all this with DBFZ coming out of nowhere and doing everything this game should have done and you have a recipe for disaster for Capcom.
>>
>>386253819
Reminder that Ryce did say that X-Men and FF characters would be DLC.

I don't disagree though. A lot of this reception of the game has been their own fault. Like for example, showing another story trailer at E3. People would be way more receptive if they had just shown the gameplay trailer they had prepared then right then and there.
>>
>>386249827
There's a Black Panther trailer out now?
>>
>>386249827
Yeah, BP and Sigma should absolutely be in the base game's roster. Making them DLC is such an obvious cash grab.
>>
>>386251575
They're still alive, but Wolverine and Cyclops are dead.
They were trying to replace them with Inhumans, but that failed. I think the Inhumans are being sent back into space.
Fantastic Four are gone, though
>>
File: 1489577978446.png (123KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1489577978446.png
123KB, 356x256px
>>386247649
>tfw conflicted
>gameplay looks really fucking fun, but everything else is a tragedy
>main appeal of a crossover game is the roster but that's a shitshow as well
>>
>rerelease UMVC3 on current-gen systems and PC for $20
>make a brand new game for the same platforms with a much smaller roster that's mostly reused assets from UMVC3 and sell it for $60 plus DLC

Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>386255430
Doesn't matter much because UMvC3's netcode is still unplayable, except on PC. The fact that Capcom didn't touch the netcode for the port is fucking criminal.
>>
>>386255197
This is how I feel. The loss of Wesker and the Xmen really fucking blows, but the game genuinely looks fun to play. I like the more open ended combo system with the free tagging and I like that you can tag yourself out of a combo. But man, everything else, all the early DLC. It's a fucking mess.

I'm leaning towards getting it, but I don't want to reward Capcom for all the horrible decisions they've made.
>>
>>386254714
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

>>386254813
and it makes their "functions" comment even more idiotic.
>>
No Wolvie/Wright no buy
>>
>>386255993
Oh shit. I thought you meant a gameplay trailer, my bad.
>>
>>386248056
its the graphics at least to me ,the game is ugly af and strangely the colours are very dark
>>
File: 5428595696593.jpg (363KB, 915x541px) Image search: [Google]
5428595696593.jpg
363KB, 915x541px
>>386247649
There are better games out there that don't do this.
>>
>>386256198
Not him, but I'm still anxiously awaiting the gameplay reveal for BP. I'm dying to see what he plays like. I don't think he'll be a Wolverine clone either.
>>
>>386256551
This should be changed to Goku and Ruby. Aquama: The Game is shit.
>>
>>386256745
I want him to be a 1:1 Wolverine clone. Like they slapped a Black Panther costume onto Logan and had Tyrone just repeat all his lines from MvC3.

YOUR FAVORITE FUNCTION IS BACK! THE CLAWS AND DIVE KICK FUNCTION!
>>
>>386256551
>injustice
Yeah sure thing kiddo.
>>
>>386247649
people are full of capcom's shit. they are right to hate the games of that piece of shit company. especially after the retardd of the marvel community dared to say that if the whole fgc don't buy MVCI the community will die. especially in internet era of where you have people all around the world playing other shit.
>>
>>386256875
>tfw they'll probably do this even though Panther is more than claws and shit
>>
>>386256875
that sounds completely retarded.
>>
daily reminder to SFXT and SFV also looked amazing gameplay wise during their pre-release footage.
daily reminder that marvel and capcom will make the obvious card game like meta pushing bullshit in this game's dlc characters.
>>386256875
Justin Wong is already training with him. and said he liked BP style. he is going to be not-wolverine.
>>
File: 1499778624450.jpg (48KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1499778624450.jpg
48KB, 422x422px
>>386256940
>people are full of capcom's shit. they are right to hate the games of that piece of shit company.

I don't get this at all, how is Capcom worse than most publishers?

SquareEnix recently released half a Deus Ex game with microtransactions and then killed the sequel because it didn't sell, not to mention they almost killed Hitman with their badly marketed release model. Is that water under the fucking bridge? If you want to get real nasty you can look at shit like Destiny and how Activision literally butchered a FEATURE COMPLETE GAME one year before release because Bungie couldn't meet their DLC demands; so they took an almost finished game and reworked the entire thing just so they could sell content as DLC.

People dogpile on Capcom when their worst offense is being fucking incompetent. They release trash like SFV and DR4 but also occasionally release good shit like Dragon's Dogma and RE7 which I'll happily buy. I just don't understand what makes Capcom such an exception from this shit industry.
>>
>>386257723
>Justin Wong is already playing DLC characters
>"I'm not even shilling guys. MvCI may very well be the pinnacle of entertainment and proof of a higher power. Human greatness is only realized through buying the Season Pass. Chun Li is beautiful and Dante would do anything for Rocket."
>>
>>386258290
Everyone is shitty but we're mostly talking about Capcom here. Everytime they do bad I think they'll learn from their last mistake but don't.
>>
>>386255197

I feel the same. However I'm just going to play the million other fighting games that came out this year and wait until this shit gets sorted out
>>
>>386258290
It's because their PR department is goddamn terrible. I know people here like to think of themselves as smarter than the average casual but they'll still accept a line of bullshit if it's presented well enough. Capcom however is seriously fucking bad at dealing with their own fuck-ups. And they just keep doing it. Year after year they keep making the same mistakes in regards to PR and they never seem to learn. I know it seems dumb but people get paid to do this shit for a reason. With a good PR team you can avoid shit like the MML3 debacle or the dumb functions shit with this or literally everything about the pre-release stuff for DmC. Everybody makes mistakes or does greedy/lazy bullshit but they're usually better at putting up a good front than Capcom. And if they're not then they're someone even worse like Bioware.
>>
>>386259130
Capcom PR is the same one that launched a successful Dead Rising and Monster Hunter reboot.
>>
>>386247649

I've accepted the gameplay is going to be good

But I'm still upset about the roster
And it's not even because My nitpicks aren't here it's because there's fuck all for newcomers which usually saves a game, just like MvC3's variety of new people made it worth it and it makes it worse that Sigma and possibly Black Panther are DLC

I would've accepted the DLC bullshit if it was returning characters first
>>
>only 1 new Capcom IP
>hasn't actually been revealed yet

People home in on the Marvel side of the roster, but the Capcom side is more disappointing. I always knew Marval was going to be MCU shilling and I accepted that. But Capcom's side is so lackluster. Where are the exciting newcomers?

X, Jedah, and Monster Hunter? That's it? I won't count Sigma since he's DLC. Its just so pathetic. Monster Hunter is the only representative from an IP that hasn't been in a versus game. I was hoping to see some characters never before seen. Monster Hunter's not even a dead series.
>>
>>386259309
>I would've accepted the DLC bullshit if it was returning characters first.

That would be an even bigger shitstorm. The new reps are few enough as is, Imagine if the entire batch of the first DLC characters were MvC3 vets. People would be fucking livid.
>>
>>386249732
If they seriously buffed Zero then Akuma and Kokonoe can fuck right off. We may have the most broken fightan character we've ever seen on our hands.
>>
>>386259292
And now look at what happened to Dead Rising now.
>>
>>386260916
I was excited for Dead Rising 4 until I saw some gamplay. Why did they take away the timer and psychos?
>>
>>386261259

Because they were going back to its roots
>>
>>386249165
>>386249165
>>386249165
>>386249165
>>
You can tell Capcom originally wanted both halves of Ultron Sigma to be DLC but Marvel stepped in and wanted Ultron on the base roster.
But those fucks decided to keep Sigma as DLC
>>
File: 1111111111.png (842KB, 1034x790px) Image search: [Google]
1111111111.png
842KB, 1034x790px
Who will be the last addition to the base roster?
>>
Does the warbird costume confirmed as an alternate?
>>
>>386248317
Gameplay ia fucking great. It's just everything else is mostly bad & gets in the way of that fact. Then there are people who say the gameplay is bad because everything else is bad so they can shit on it some more. I'll give credit where credit is due, but I'm not buying unless they fix their shit. I'm just gonna save my money for Arika EX & pre order once the chance is given.
>>
>>386262035
If they wanna make it 15 - 15 for each side, there needs to be one more Marvel character.
>>
>>386262035
The lack of new characters is so shit. They're taking out so many unique characters from UMvC3 and the new characters are barely anything to make up for it
>>
>>386262035
Ghost Rider is an Ultimate character by the way.
>>
File: IMG_1220.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1220.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>386262035

>only 4 Capcom newcomers

>6 for Marvel, with venom being revamped since he wasn't in 3

>>>>>Spencer
>Not somebody whose had a recent game like Phoenix Wright for SoJ
>But let's add Frank becaus of DR4
>>
>>386262035
The lack of new characters honestly doesn't bother me that much because the game feels so different from MvC3.

It's pretty impressive considering they're reusing so much work.
>>
It's a meme to hate Capcom. See the likes/dislikes on the Abigail trailer vs. the reactions after he came out and Twitch "content creators" said he was fun. Or go to Floe's stream and watch half his chat change their mind about MvC:I the second he says the gameplay looks fun.

Low Tier God was right; fighting game community is 90% drones.
>>
>>386262612
This anon is right.>>386262035
>>
>>386262818
>It's a meme to hate Capcom
Is that what people are calling the hate nowadays?
>>
>>386262818
>Low Tier God was right; fighting game community is 90% drones.

Of course it is, playing them take some amount of skill. It's fucking hilarious to see the Infinite hate train get going because of bad graphics and roster, people suddenly get this idea in their mind that everything about the game is bad and that they know what they're talking about. See: People bitching about 2v2.

Capcom should be shat on when they deserve it, but they should be shat on in an informed and constructive manner.
>>
is it going to have denuvo?
>>
>>386247649
>Just forgive the inexplicably bad graphics, recycling, Disney-approved 'function' roaster, shit OST, and buttloads of planned DLC when DBZF is on the horizon.
>t. combofiend.
No. I played Vampire Savior for years, Jedah main, and I still won't be picking up this piece of shit. DBZF's presentation, shredding guitar music, and the fact that Rev1/2 >>>>> SFV was enough to win me over.
>>
File: 1465704804949.jpg (51KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465704804949.jpg
51KB, 960x720px
>>386247649

If you're trying to perceive the reason behind the hate for MvCI by just thinking people hate it on the typical scale of "good game/bad game, why/why not", you're missing the entire point. You're not wrong for trying to judge the game yourself like that, but assuming that's the metric we're using to gauge the reaction of the general public is fundamentally misunderstanding the reason why people hate it so much.

The graphics, being rushed, DLC, and terrible re-use of assets aren't so much standalone reasons that dictate MvCI by itself must be a bad game beyond redemption (even if they're pretty critical flaws by default for any game); they're emblematic repeats of what Capcom has basically been doing that supporters have wanted them to NOT do in recent years. Even if MvCI turns out to be a game with good gameplay, that doesn't change the pent up, cyclical analpain people have to endure just to access it; a trend nobody wants to happen anymore. Good gameplay isn't going to change the fact people have long been becoming sick of it; especially not now that DBZF and BBCTB seem to be holding to the basic standard Capcom's grown too complacent about.

You can enjoy it on its own merits if you don't personally feel as affected, and that's fine, but the same way you can do that, you should also understand the public is just trying to defeat a problem beyond just whether one game is bad or not.
>>
I don't like MvCi & Injustice 2s DLC practices. Though I hate that apparently I2 is getting a free pass.
>>
>>386264178
>graphics > gameplay
as expected of a shitter
>>
>>386264178
Anyone advocating for ArcSys games has zero rights to complain about other Fighters ripping them off.
>>
File: 1488419021341.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1488419021341.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
>Artstyle is garbage, animations are lazy, level 3 supers are fucking boring and visually identical to each other
>The UI is legit mobile-tier
>The music and voice acting is fucking terrible as well
How is it possible to fuck up everything BUT the gameplay?
>>
>>386265092
If you're getting a Capcom, Arcsys, French Bread, or a SNK game, good gameplay is a pretty much a given with the only recent exception being SFV.
You need more shit now for me to buy.
>>
>>386265686
The artstyle and UI's terribleness is way overblown, some of the effects and the use of colors actually look quite nice. It's not good but it's certainly not some kind of crime against humanity either.

It's only really some faces that are terrible.
>>
>>386265686
>Rocket, ultron, gamora, spiderman, dante, iron man, Dante, Thanos, Nova, Captain Marvel, Thor, Hawkeye Captain America, x's level 3 "cinematic supers

>All of them are 1-3 strikes followed by a beam or explosion from a dramatic angle

Absolutely no originality about it. They didn't even make the attacks seems in character or nothing, or even make sense for that matter like Spiderman's.
>>
>>386265686
It's a fighting game. You'd have to be a complete fucking idiot to mess up the Formula beyond repair.
>>
>>386249643
At least this one will launch with story and arcade mode.

But, yep, fuck the 90% reused roster
>>
>>386265686
>>386266225
Infinite UI > MvC3 UI > UMvC3 UI
>>
>>386262035
Howard the Duck
>>
>>386252021

The Inhumans push completely failed. The X-men are now back to having multiple books.
>>
people wouldn't be so negative on the game if it weren't for the awful pr surrounding it.

some would be willing to look past some issues but the one thing everyone hates is being treated like they're retarded.

>when you think about it characters are just functions, so the cast of a crossover fighter doesn't mean anything at all
>your modern day Marvel fan wouldn't remember the X-Men, but they do go and see every new MCU movie

not to mention the (((pros))), who are most definitely not shills, acting like anyone even slightly critical of the game wants the FGC as a whole to die
>>
>>386258290
If you genuinely think that Capcom's only offense is incompetence you need a fucking history lesson.
>>
File: mvc.jpg (91KB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
mvc.jpg
91KB, 500x529px
>MVC3 told a better story and stayed more in character with the "2 worlds collide" gimmick in 11 minutes without words than MVCI does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCxjuXre3Dw

Say what you will, but MVC3 was a beautiful and dedicated homage to the 2 franchises.
>>
>>386250441
I remember him in the same way that I remember Donte: the knowledge that someone thought waifu-arm was a good plot twist is a burden that I carry.
>>
>>386251575
Logan's fine.
Cyclops actually has a new analog that was just in a Champions book, but he's not in.
Dazzler is still a vampire
Starfire is still Starfire

It's almost like Marvel/Capcom didn't even try.
>>
>>386266757
I'll take some history lessons if you take some reading lessons.
>>
>>386266984
Also adding to this: X-23 had a new book where she tried to become Wolverine, so at the very least they could have included X-23.
I genuinely don't know their picking criteria if faces of the franchise don't get invited when they have perfectly good analogues or are still really alive and well.
>>
A lot of the surface elements look bad to mediocre. You've got a roster of reused assets, off-looking character models and bad sound design. I'm sure the core gameplay has potential but that doesn't matter if the core audience is feeling ambivalent about the game a month before release.

This game has absolute peanuts for a budget, and it shows. I don't know if that's the fault of Capcom or Marvel, but it's a damn shame.
>>
File: 1489238230677.png (225KB, 372x340px) Image search: [Google]
1489238230677.png
225KB, 372x340px
>X's face is static during his level 3, looking dead ahead with no emotion
Is that shit just a texture or something?
>>
>>386267104
>I genuinely don't know their picking criteria

Do they have a movie coming out? Then they're in

If not? DLC a year later
>>
>>386265686
>Source out game to a team loaded with burgers.
>Give them no money.
>Give them no development time.
>Hand down bizarre decrees from Disney about Marvel tie-ins and leaving the X-Men out and making Capcom character look like mongoloids.
>Let Combofiend to PR.
>JUST level work on presentation, OST, and even things like the washed-out color design due to sourcing out to China.
>>
>>386262035
>36 characters
>only 4 women

how sexist is this game. Where are the waifus?
>>
>>386267104
>Marvel: Were they in a movie recently? Will they be in one soon?

>Capcom: What can we recycle?
>>
>>386248583
>>386248823
>>386249421
>>386262157
Is this a joke? I've literally only ever heard the gameplay sucks up until the very minute.
>>
>>386267482
>You heard
Yeah that's the problem here.

Gameplay looks fun, credit where credit is due.
>>
>>386267649
>looks
Nigger are you serious?
>>
>>386267446
>>386267251
Even then it's retarded.

Defenders is coming out soon yet no Netflix characters (not even Iron Fist WHO WOULD GREATLY BENEFIT FROM THE NEW CONTROLS)

Black Panther is the first movie for next year AND the last one before Infinity War, yet he's DLC.

Ghost Rider is "TV Canon" (same as the Netflix characters) yet is included in the base roster (that we know anyways)

Nova so far doesn't have a confirmed movie in the MCU yet he's in.
>>
>>386267780
Yeah if you're somewhat versed in fighting games you can look at footage and see interesting mechanics at play. Decent players have shown that Infinite looks good.
>>
>>386268002
Be sure to buy the Defenders Pack for only 29.99
>>
>>386268009
Even then it has some really suspect stuff

>Nerfed wave dashing
>autoguard in blockstun
>no chicken guard
>no meter gain on block
> Perfect advance guard reflects fireballs
>crazy damage scaling on supers
>autoblock cross up defense
>No combos off regular throws
>the return of fly screen
>no snapbacks
>>
>>386257723
For real? Justin Wong is already playing the DLC characters? Not fair at all to the players who will compete
>>
>>386268176
I'd buy a Final Fight x Defenders DLC pack. Poison/Guy/Rolento vs Iron Fist/Daredevil/Luke Cage
>>
>>386249165
Literally no different than plot > gameplay or grafix > gameplay
>>
i haven't played the game yet

are the controls really just lp/hp/lk/hk without the lp-mp and lk-mk thing fom mvc2?
>>
>>386267482
I've only heard good things about the Gameplay. Where did you hear that?
>>
>>386268387
On some level you have to accept that it's a new game with a new playstyle, so the change or omission of certain mechanics go with that.

Though I admit the autoblock stuff is concerning.
>>
>>386269154
Yeah, only a lot of characters have their mediums as command normals now. forward+LP etc. I think they did this to make it look like they were appealing to the old guard when in fact it lets them get around the lack of DP motions easier since they can only have two strengths for each special and can reuse motions for punch and kick.
>>
>>386269032
Gameplay should be already a fucking given, if you consider yourself a an actually competent developer
>>
>>386269598
Yet it's still dumb because you have situations where the characters lose a strength for their specials or overlapping motions (like flight being 214KK). LMHS was perfect.
>>
File: DD-featured-1.jpg (2MB, 1092x1824px) Image search: [Google]
DD-featured-1.jpg
2MB, 1092x1824px
>tfw he's still not in yet.

How can one of Marvel's most beloved characters be shown so much neglect?

Popularity isn't an issue because he now has one of the most successful shows on Netflix.
>>
File: isaac-perlmutter_416x416.jpg (45KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
isaac-perlmutter_416x416.jpg
45KB, 416x416px
>>386270216
>Netflix
>Not the mighty, powerful and benevolent Marvel Studios

Fuck outta here you blind shit
>>
>>386251159
Because everyone already owns Darkstalkers 3 and the PS3 runs PS1 games. Why would they buy the same game again?
>>
>>386271446
He's not wrong sadly. It might seem like Darkstalkers has a big following but that's not really the way it is.

Like many other fighters it couldn't survive the death of the genre and the arcades.
>>
>>386270602
Funny, Marvel has no control over Marvel Studios. They do have controle over the TV show stuff.
>>
>>386250147
People do this cause they love Capcom. If they act 'rebellious' checking out another game instead of Marvel Infinite they think they'll send a message to Capcom who will act by feeling the heat a.k.a making better fighting games. Like how people shilled Tekken 7 because they think it would affect Capcom. Dragonball Fighter Z isn't about Dragonball, it's about making Capcom greater. Like how women act hard to get to a guy but then sit at home staring at her phone waiting for him to like her latest Instagram post, call or whatever.
>>
Capcom has made a lot of fucking retarded decisions and faith is at a low.
>>
>>386251159
No one bought the MvC1 and Marvel Super Heroes rerelease either.
>>
>>386247649
Rosters are arguably the most important thing for a vs fighting game so the roster being shit a a big fucking problem. Made worse by the fact two of the characters confirmed to be in story mode(1 of which is a main fucking villain) are dlc.
Also I'm annoyed they cut characters like Joe and Ammy, kept Spencer and Green Goblin is just a super who doesn't even fucking show up like Ant Man did in 3.
>>
>>386270602
marvel studio is the only good thing about marvel though
>>
>>386247649
>Game has a lackluster roster, shitty graphics and typical DLC bullshit.
>This somehow means the game is an unredeemable hot dumpsterfire and that they might as well cancel it.

You're exactly right
>>
>>386274274
Those don't count because they don't fit into the narrative he's trying to spin, though.
>>
File: 1482033607495.jpg (44KB, 542x675px) Image search: [Google]
1482033607495.jpg
44KB, 542x675px
Who did it better?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qtr-IlViQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76euOHOxNfY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBz_gRUUj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFPVWv7X0c4
>>
>>386275863
Woops wrong thread.
>>
File: fchamp2.png (369KB, 540x860px) Image search: [Google]
fchamp2.png
369KB, 540x860px
>>386247649
If you're defending MVC:I because of the graphics and gameplay I wonder where you were when KoF came out.
>>
>>386276139
Don't care about KoF so I have zero reason to bitch about it.
>>
File: DAID.png (222KB, 344x352px) Image search: [Google]
DAID.png
222KB, 344x352px
>>386247649
>the first 5 minutes alone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyoeVOv7cQ
>>
>>386276563
MvC3 has simple combo options as well, and Okami also has a one button combo.
>>
>>386276918
But isn't Okami an action adventure game? Why's it being compared here?
>>
>>386277083
He meant the wolf thats in mvc3
>>
>include more dialogue in match dealing with your teammate, opponent, even special match ups
>fuck up the voice acting and direction
>>
>>386277223
He knows, he's just being an autistic fuck because the wolf is named Amaterasu and Okami is just the name of the game.
>>
>>386276563
>AUTTO COMBODA
>Auto combo?
>YA
>>
>>386247649

Hi paid Disney shill

Don't call it a grave, this is the future that you chose
>>
File: IMG_5251.jpg (20KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5251.jpg
20KB, 299x300px
>Killer instinct is ugly as shit but has fun gameplay
>people love it

>MvCi is ugly as shit but I hear people say the gameplay is fun
>people hate it
>>
>>386249165
>>386249325
>>386269032
CHARACTERS ARE GAMEPLAY.
A new character is a new gameplay for the series so you want NEW characters in a NEW game.
>>
File: 1501543199030.gif (1MB, 400x444px) Image search: [Google]
1501543199030.gif
1MB, 400x444px
>every super is a beam attack

I never thought beam attacks could be boring until I played this game's demo
>>
>>386279256
probably because 90% of capcoms side is from MVC3, 90% of Marvels side has been gutted save for MCU movie characters.
>>386279496
>every super is a beam attack
Damn i didnt know Frank, Haggar, Dante, and Spiderman got laser lvl 3
>>
>>386276139
Except I was one of the few people defending KOF 14 so I'm not a hypocrite like that fuck.
>>
>>386256875
I'd rather him be Sabertooth function if anything, cause SAbertooth will never be featured in anything that isn't mobile shit or Lego Marvel ever again.
>>
>>386278918
>Godlike isn't it?
Jezus. Don't show off the optional worst parts of the game first. I'm not gonna have that auto shit on & neither should anyone else.
>>
File: 293yuev.gif (126KB, 300x197px) Image search: [Google]
293yuev.gif
126KB, 300x197px
>>386256875
He's going to be like Sabertooth & his sister is gonna come in & wreck shop.
>>
>>386279482
>CHARACTERS ARE GAMEPLAY.

So what you're saying is that characters are a form of tools, an algorithm which allows different outcomes depending on the player's inputs.
>>
>>386247649
They are gonna put Vergil again as DLC won't they? At least nerf some of his shit and if possible give him just-frame Judgement cuts like in DMC 4SE.
>>
>>386247649

Arcsys will get them off their ass
>>
>>386281993
Vergil will forever be DLC/re-release boy.
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (55KB, 700x220px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
55KB, 700x220px
>cries in unchensored
>don't worry, Kappacom listens to our complaints
>>
>>386249090
>their work on the previous game
Dimps' work.
>>
File: 1501793816611.jpg (82KB, 319x541px) Image search: [Google]
1501793816611.jpg
82KB, 319x541px
>>386282562
>Abigail or ED make it in as SFV DLC
>instead of Urien, Rashid, or FANG
>>
File: IMG_20170805_185122.jpg (109KB, 680x796px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_185122.jpg
109KB, 680x796px
What's your roster for Arika EX?
>>
>>386262035
honestly thing Gene or Asura is going to get in on the capcom side with Gwenpool (slightly enhanced Deadpool moveset) on the Marvel side

dont forget we still have another Deadpool movie coming up!
>>
Friendly the x-men are never EVER coming back and all their moves still exist in the game so stop complaining fags
>>
File: 15008329312612.png (186KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
15008329312612.png
186KB, 500x635px
This is how I feel since E3. The last straw is the prospect of Ant-man, Hunter and Venom being DLC.
>>
>>386248317
everyone has been praising the gameplay, its atleast innovative and has potential with the power gems+ tag system
>>
File: Snapchat-1316439484.jpg (382KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1316439484.jpg
382KB, 1080x1920px
>>386250147
Picture is wrong, I was at EVO. MvC I had a bunch of free play stations the one in pic is the only play once line, the actual line was a few stations over at winner stays on. Also the second half of pic is for maximillian dood
>>
>>386250824
except most of the assists were useless. literally the only assists people ever used were beams or lock down moves with minor exceptions in invincibility punish moves like harggard lariat

when you make a game based off of synergetic teams, it just means theres going to be 1 or 2 broken tier compositions that beat out everything at the peak of the games its just doom+ vergil fest with alternating point characters in wolverine magneto or zero with 1 guy being good at morrigan
>>
File: 1450298238078.jpg (60KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450298238078.jpg
60KB, 600x600px
>>386276139
shut up, KoF XIV looks gr8
>>
>>386251554
i fucking love tron as much as lain
>>
>>386255197
This
I try so hard to be hype but every time capcom tells me anything it unhypes me
>>
File: Megaman.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>386267203
Even textures don't have to be static or lifeless. Inafune's team proved that with Mega Man Legends.
>>
File: Commander_Sigma_CM.png (2MB, 1370x1142px) Image search: [Google]
Commander_Sigma_CM.png
2MB, 1370x1142px
>>386249827
Well I'm glad we at least got a better look at Sigma. I thought I was going to have to wait until the game drops, and even then I'm not sure they would've shown gameplay footage of him.
>>
>>386279256
Killer Instinct is ugly in a unique way, MvC:I is ugly in a boring way.
>>
>>386279256
KI also has a good roster.
>>
File: gnbdgbxb.jpg (107KB, 1143x504px) Image search: [Google]
gnbdgbxb.jpg
107KB, 1143x504px
>>386256939
>>386265049
nice mad kids
>>
>>386283278
As much as I love Gwenpool, Deadpool players need their character back.
>>
>>386256751
>Aquama: The Game
>>
>>386248317
>You would have a point if the game had any redeeming point, or anything good at all. It hasn't.
Most people that have actually played it say its good.

I'm not talking story mode where you can't gauge shit, but actual 1v1 gameplay.

I cannot defend the roster or graphics though.
>>
>>386291441
Aquaman and Black Adam are top tier dudes. Most people abuse his Trident Rush since it does so mich chip damage meter burned.
>>
>>386279256

They should've never let amerzon buy Double Helix
>>
File: 1474312758437.png (345KB, 576x592px) Image search: [Google]
1474312758437.png
345KB, 576x592px
>>386292449
>Aquaman and Black Adam are top tier dudes
after the nerfs nope even more so for Aquaman
>>
File: That's right. Feel the burn.jpg (88KB, 982x626px) Image search: [Google]
That's right. Feel the burn.jpg
88KB, 982x626px
>>386292637
Haven't been paying much attention to the patches. What'd they change?
>>
>>386292637

Black Adam is still good he just doesn't get meterless 60% combos anymore
>>
>>386292710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duZgitQRPJY
>>
>>386293005
>no more ground bounce from Squidkid
>less damage on Trident Rush
>>
>>386293005

If they added this patch before evo honeybee would've won
>>
>>386284481
Should have posted a pic of that instead of this then.
>>
>>386293643
this
>>
>>386268592
he, yipes and fchamps are pretty playing the builds since last year mate.
this is a thing in competitive games in general. the pros play especific testing builds.
they also don't have to waste money on dlc since they get access to the content for free.
how the fuck do you explain pro players have "day one" tech that clearly can't be discovered on day-one for a post launch dlc characters?
>>
>>386293643
Did Whiteboi compete? His Scarecrow inspired me.
>>
File: sL0hRQQ[1].jpg (1MB, 990x1503px) Image search: [Google]
sL0hRQQ[1].jpg
1MB, 990x1503px
>>
>>386294729
Comic art sure is disgusting sometimes.
>>
>>386294729
This art CAN'T be real!
>>
>>386294729
Someone explain to me what the big deal about Thanos is.
>>
>>386296420
A powerful dude who only loses because he's a retard who "let's himself" lose.
>>
>>386296420
He's the bestest at using the magic Jolly Ranchers, has a special glove they all go into, and wants to destroy everything to impress his oneitis Death herself but Deadpool is literally cucking him.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.