[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw there will never be a multiplayer experience that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

>tfw there will never be a multiplayer experience that tops Halo 3's
>>
Everyone says that about the games they played at age 8.
>>
>>386243592
Played it again recently. I honestly prefer Halo 5 over it. The maps are really good though, not Halo 2 tier, but still really good.
>>
Except, you know, Halo 2, Reach, and 5.
>>
>>386243770
>>386244063

Faggots, 5 is fucking dumb as hell.
>>
>>386244501
>faster then Halo 3
>isn't floaty as hell
>Has just as big a weapon sandbox, except like 5x more balanced by the fact weapons can actually all hit shit, including autos
>better map design that utlizies verticality with little dead space/padding
>advanced movement mechanics add more of a skillgap and bring Halo closer to it's arena shooter roots

The only way H3 has better MP is actually having native btb maps
>>
>>386244667
>5x more balanced
>all of the power weapons literally aim for you
>all of the automatics are broken
>every pickup is just a straight upgrade to your starting loadout
"No."
>>
>>386244798
>all of the automatics are broken
Bullshit. They are on par with precision weapons now, not broken.

Better then 2, 3, Reach, or 4's balance where you had zero reason to use anything besdies power weapons, the BR, and plasma pistol.
>>
>>386244798

Why is this a bad thing? That's the entire point of pickups.

At least your starting weapons in Halo 5 are actually fucking good, same for other weapons. You can nitpick but the fact of the matter is any given gven gun in Halo 5 is actually effective in the role it's intended to be, which is something you can't say about past games.
>>
Halo 3 = MW2 = Bad Company 2 > Halo 1 = COD4 = BF3 = Overwatch > L4D1 = Borderlands 1 > Arma 3 with mods > PUBG > W@W = BO1 = BO2 = Ghosts > Boo boo > ODST > Doo doo > Reach > Caca > 4 and 5 > Urine > AW, BO3
>>
File: 1499709301512.png (339KB, 590x341px) Image search: [Google]
1499709301512.png
339KB, 590x341px
>>386243592
Neo /v/, everybody.

Listen kiddo, in the now 30+ years of online gaming, everyone has his own expierences. For me the best times i had were with Planetside 1 and EVE Online, however saying that some 2007 console FPS can hold the water to any established milestone in multiplayer history is objectively wrong.
>>
>>386245013
>They are on par with precision weapons now
They're better. Higher DPS, more aim assist, and better accuracy if you aim down sights. They're far too easy to use for how effective they can be.
>Better then 2, 3, Reach, or 4's balance where you had zero reason to use anything besdies power weapons, the BR, and plasma pistol.
Not really. Every one of the best shooters has a limited set of weapons. No need to stuff the game full of superfluous fluff that all pretty much end up doing the same exact thing.

>>386245220
>Why is this a bad thing?
Halo has literally always been at its worst when the pickup guns are better than what you spawn with. When that happens, whoever gets the first set of rifles pretty much wins the game because nobody else can compete.
>>
File: biker puke helmet_thumb[1].jpg (43KB, 340x259px) Image search: [Google]
biker puke helmet_thumb[1].jpg
43KB, 340x259px
>>386244063
>>386243770
>>
>>386245653
>They're far too easy to use for how effective they can be.

I only agree for the AR, and even then only in the sense that a player who is spraying and praying will do better then somebody who is using accurate, timed bursts, which is bullshit.

Halo needs locational damage for automatics. IE, headshots do more, bodyshots do 1x, and limbs do less. It's the only way you can give them a skillgap with how halo balances and tunes autos. Maybe also tie it so the damage bonus from headshots in that systems goes down the higher your level of spread is, so if somebody is spraying and lands a stray headshot due to luck they won't get rewarded for it since their spread level will be high

>>386245653
>When that happens, whoever gets the first set of rifles pretty much wins the game because nobody else can compete.
While true, I don't think this is nearly as much of a problem in Halo 5 then, say, in Halo 2 SMG starts. There, SMG's were garbage so the first team to get BR's had free reign to curbstomp and control the whole match.

As has been said, the magnum and AR in Halo 5 are still good, even if the SMG/Storm rifle and the preicison rifles are generally straight upgrades: So this isn't nearly as much of an issue.
>>
CE, H2, and H5 are the best Halo multiplayer.
Each is the peak of their style of Halo gameplay.
There's no reason to play 3 when you could be playing one of these games.
>>
I know that feel bro. Forge mode was what made it for me. Modern PC shooters can't even compete because they don't allow private servers with custom maps anymore. CSGO probably does, but it's shit so it doesn't count.
>>
>>386246831
>Each is the peak of their style of Halo gameplay.
Such as? CE is the master of nothing but jumping 20 feet in the air and moving 3mph. 2 is the master of shitty maps and garbage weapon balance. 5 is the master of completely atrocious map design and unplayable game modes. Fucking shit eater
>>
File: 1464377902466.png (111KB, 291x316px) Image search: [Google]
1464377902466.png
111KB, 291x316px
>>386247428
>2 is the master of shitty maps
>>
>>386246703
All Halo needs is to make automatics' damage directly proportional to how easy they are to use. No need to overcomplicate the game with a bunch of new mechanics.
>>
>>386245608
>I never played halo
Halo will always be among the GOAT fps game series, and 3 is probably the all around best of the series. Anyone who says reach or 5 are better are plain retarded, but I can respect someone who prefers ce or 2.
>>
File: 1t.jpg (104KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
1t.jpg
104KB, 350x495px
>>386243592
halo 3 was never at the top
>>
File: logo.png (176KB, 900x227px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
176KB, 900x227px
?
>>
>>386247659
Or, you know, you could actually give them a skillgap.

I also don't even buy that autos are that much easier to use: It's not as if getting kills with the BR in 2, 3, etc is that difficult, either, i'd argue it's actually easier to do well with the BR in those games then it is with the SMG.

The only guns in the series that really have a significant skillgap inside their own range are the snipers, and the CE and Halo 5 magnums.
>>
>>386243592
>what is Unreal Tournament 2004

Console babbies, people.
>>
For me 2007 was all about playing Halo 3 and COD4 on my 360.
And then GTA4 came out.
And then bad company 1
and then a wee bit later MW2

good times
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.