[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i have a question for you guys I don't understand why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 14

File: 12345678965321.jpg (701KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
12345678965321.jpg
701KB, 3840x2160px
So i have a question for you guys

I don't understand why you all hate cosmetic's microtransaction? I've seen this on overwatch, PUBG and almost every other game that includes it.

The thing is, they are a pretty good way to let consumers that wants it help the dev by spending monney on things that don't actually change the gameplay at all. I mean, even if graphics and sound design is an important part of every game, the things that really makes a great game is it's gameplay. By that i mean what the game has to offer to us as players.

Is that mean /v/ is really dead? that everyone posting here only care about how a game look and not why a game is great to play or not?

If it's the case, you're just justifying EA and Ubisoft shitty business practices
>>
File: community_image_1413219191.jpg (183KB, 586x553px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1413219191.jpg
183KB, 586x553px
Your post is correct. /v/ is dead. It's time to ACTUALLY play video games
>>
i'm okay with it in multiplayer games but why does shadow of war have it?
>>
>>386240716
I've never seen so much cancer compressed into a single post.

kill yourself.
>>
>>386241012
ok,
why though? i don't care about your opinion if you don't explain it
>>
Maybe because the dev said "no microtransaction before release" and now there's microtransactions
>>
>The thing is, they are a pretty good way to let consumers that wants it help the dev by spending monney on things that don't actually change the gameplay at all.

Development time goes in to creating dressup dolls for lonely virgins who'll spend their NEET-bux on cosmetic shit rather than on a good game with fun gameplay.

The worst thing is that, with this model of customers, there is no incentive to actually develop a game that people will buy and enjoy for months at a time and tell their friends about. It's a reliance on 5-10% of the player base having the controlling voice in what's developed.
>>
>>386240716
>Pay full price for game
>Pay AGAIN for full game
No one hates cosmetic microtransactions in f2p.
>>
I think people are more upset about the lying from the devs. Regardless, /v/ is only bitching about it because they like watching successful games fail and because it's fun being contrarian.

if you hadn't noticed, the only people who don't like the game don't actually play it. They still don't know that there are no crafting elements yet continue to bitch about them. They are upset abou micro transactions, yet nearly every multiplayer game has them. They think despite the playerbase, nobody actually plays the game and just watches streamers for some reason.

It's shitposting. Welcome to /v/.
>>
>>386240716

So when do the owners to the copyright for Battle Royale, sue PUBG for copyright infringement?
>>
>>386241784
It's a game in early access instead of making cosmetics hire more people to finish your game. The only reason they are adding cosmetics at this point is to milk the cash cow.
>>
>>386241528
yeah that makes sens

>>386241784
same old same old

attacking /v/ directly is a good way to attract attention on this board :^)
>>
>>386240716
Overwatch didn't say "we won't include microtransactions until we leave early access!" then proceed to include microtransactions before they left early access,
>>
>>386240716
This has been assessed over and over and over again forty quadrillion times
Fuck off newfag
>>
>>386241687
tell that to tf2. also, how are cosmetics a full game? can you play cosmetics?
>>
>>386240716
It's okay when the game is offered at a very low price like 10 bucks, but the model is not acceptable in full price games like PUBG. If you want to copy the CS:GO monetization model do it the right way:
>low entry price main game
>no gameplay effect
>tradeable on player market
>cosmetics can also randomly be earned by playing

Can't really complain about it this way. I have hundreds of hours in CS:GO and only play with stock texture weapons. It doesn't matter to me at all and thus I've made more steambucks from CS than I originally paid for the game. Let the retards waste their money for literally nothing.
>>
>>386241969
Isn't it a licensed cross over?
>>
>>386241969
first they will want to hire someone who understands the difference between copyright and trademarks as they have no case for copyright infringement
>>
Because when you introduce a system that has both free and premium loot boxes theres no assurance the rates arent skewed in favor of the premium ones and reduced for the free ones.
>>
>>386240716
>Developer promises no micro-transactions while in Early Access
>Adds them anyway
HMMMMMMM
>>
>>386241528

YEAH dude! the better idea is to take all of those graphic designers and animators and have them work on the netcode, right?

fuckign retard
>>
>>386240716
/v/ is a game by itself.
we're here to farm some sweet (you).
every (you) have a different taste.
sometime an elaborate, constructive answer, the classy (you), my favorite
more often, you get a salty (you), their biterness may taste good.
as every game, /v/ got his own meta, some strat to farm (you) are trending then fade, others tricks are timeless.
i like /v/ game, it's for hardcore player, you must find the optimal way to farm (you) with intelligence and observation.
>>
>>386240716
>I don't understand why you hate microtransactions
>you're justifying [their] shitty business practice
>>
>>386244805
>not differenciating cosmetic's microtransaction and P2W scam
>>
>>386245162
>not realizing that ganes used to have you unlock content by playing
>giving them incentive to remain making dynamc cash cow games
>not knowing how to use an apostrophe
if you want cosmetics play the sims or whatever, liberace
>>
>>386241969
You really don't understand how copyright works
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>386240716
>I don't understand why you all hate cosmetic's microtransaction?
>Why don't you like to support the cancer of gaming?
>>
>>386240716
>Comparing this cancer key system where you have rare items worth $500, to overwatch where you get cosmetics just by playing.
>>
>>386241528
Dunno about other games, but pubg is already a good game with fun gameplay that people have bought and enjoyed for months at a time and told their friends about. AND they are releasing other updates alongside the cosmetic additions. So there is really nothing to complain about for that game.
>>
>>386243408
But you don't have premium loot boxes. You can just sell them on the market.
>>
>>386240716
jesus dude, work on your spelling and grammar.
the red flag I see when a game has cosmetic microtransactions is that it almost always goes hand in hand with devs pushing and focusing on that more than anything. they add chests and sometimes keys, they constantly add new content behind paywalls.
it just shifts their focus entirely, until you get to the point where every game is just a vomit of player cosmetics.
>>
>>386244000
or those graphic designers and animators can do their job with the base content and instead of paying them to work on months of cosmetics, you could hire on additional coders to work on other things that actually affect the game.
>fuckign retard
>>
>cosmetics in other online games literally don't matter because they do not affect gameplay
>eventually there will be a crate in pubg that gives a ghillie suit or something that gives an instant advantage

that's why it's shit
>>
>>386240716
>let consumers that wants it help the dev
Devs are not your friends. For them you are just a wallet to empty.
Stop being underage.
>>
>>386250369

>or those graphic designers and animators can do their job with the base content and instead of paying them to work on months of cosmetics, you could hire on additional coders to work on other things that actually affect the game.

It's only in third world countries like the US where you can hire and fire people at will. The civilized world has laws to protect full time employees.

Better to have them work on cosmetics than do nothing for 8-12 months.
>>
>>386240716
I don't think there's a problem with exclusively cosmetic microtransactions in general, in the case of PUBG however it's incredibly scummy. People paid for their incomplete, EA game and instead of fucking finishing it, making it stable, bug-free and with good netcode, they spend their time and the money they got by adding fucking paid cosmetics.

People have given them money for a game which IS NOT DONE YET and instead of delivering the complete game which they have taken money for they spend their time asking for more money for clothes and shit, with the core game often running like shit and having lag/netcode issues? That shit is just pure, unacceptable greed and should not be supported in any way whatsoever.

Sure, once you've got a complete, stable, optimized game you can add paid cosmetics, but not before that.
>>
>>386250486

>eventually there will be a crate in pubg that gives a ghillie suit or something that gives an instant advantage

proof where?
>>
>>386251160
>can hire and fire people at will.
you don't even have to fire them. allocate their work toward another project, fix animation problems they already have instead of accepting them as good enough to pass, when hiring animators have them work on wage instead of salary. there are still better ways to get better quality.
>>
>>386251664

Bluehole is not a large studio. This is most certainly their only current project.
>>
>>386251278

So the animators, modelers and texture artists should work on the netcode?
>>
>>386251838
So the coders and tester should put the patches inside crates?
How old are you even?
>>
>>386251960

yeah, takes a loooot of coding to add a pair of pants. Protip: it takes no coding once the framework is in place. Please educate yourself before you speak.
>>
>>386240716
>microtransactions
>in early access

The fact that so many people here support this disturbs me greatly.
>>
>>386252095
>Protip: it takes no coding once the framework is in place. Please educate yourself before you speak.
I know what you are thinking, you are a fucking retarded.
>>
>>386251838
No, they should just be fired. Take 20% of the team and throw the rest to the unemployment line because judging from the animations in game, they are no good at their jobs.
>>
>>386240716
The entire microtransactions to fund development is a bit bullshit since the game makes fucking millions.

Also adding microtransactions to a 30$(!) EA game with one map is a bit much.
>>
>>386251838
I don't particularly care about what they do, nor is it my business to care. They shouldn't ask for extra money while their core product has already been paid for and is still fucking broken in various ways.
>>
>>386252229

It's an early access. You do several passes on most content before it's finished. Fucking educate yourself.
>>
>>386251751
like I said there are other ways to handle it besides
a)make more cosmetics
b)fire them
>>
>>386252294
So, they already have work to do. What's your point again?
>>
>>386252229
Thats not how emplyment works in the civilized world.>>386252337
>>
>>386252360

Last time i checked the models and textures were finished. The animations are getting monthly updates. What were your points again? Youre pretty much getting mad over nothing.
>>
>>386252294
In other words, there's still work to be done before it's finished. Why the hell are they charging for extra shit when the base game isn't complete yet? Get the fuck on it.
>>
>>386252515
Then, either fire the guys that make models/textures, or simply implement their work in the game as free content for a game that it is technically still in development.
>>
>>386252726

It is implemented as free content? What are you on about? Have you even played the game?
>>
>>386241528
>development time goes into...
...setting the system up. After it's in place (which is already finished) the game development team's job is done. Now their art team has something to work on to pull their weight while the rest of the team works on the actual game. No more development time required.
>>
I can't really get mad at PU for this goofy move. Two of the crates are free, and the last one is just "Please support the invitational tournament". I especially appreciate that he went to the effort of making Battle Royale costumes for his game, which is literally just The Condemned: The Game. It's a damn shame that every website beyond Siliconera is trying their hardest to hush away the relevance of Battle Royale with this game, but at least PU isn't trying to hide from where he got this game's idea from.
>>
>>386252884
Nah, the OP was asking about 'cosmetics microtransaction' which specifically concerns how it's implemented NOT as free content. You can gain crates by playing the game and that's alright but the OP is asking about the microtransaction side of the whole thing.
>>
>>386252884
Let's not go into that retarded "Pay or Grind is any different than Pay2Win" shit argument.
Crates/keys are still cosmetics microtransaction, and your argument in the first place is generalized.
>>
Idc for microtransaction but I hate that it's a fucking random box. I want to choose what I can buy at a reasonable price.
>>
>>386253114
>>386253183

You can also find the cosmetic items ingame. You only have to get them through a FREE crate if you want to unlock them permanently.
But I guess bitching and moaning about literally nothing is what nu-vee does best.
>>
>>386240716
The game has no replayability. Without the constant promotion and shilling by streamers it would be dead within a month. The cosmetics are icing on the shit cake that is PUBG.
>>
>early access
>give us money

Can a dev be more of a faggot? At least they allow guns in their world I suppose.
>>
>>386244656

>he falls for the reddit spacing meme and doesn't use spacing at all

you just went full retard
also tl;dr
>>
>>386253725
Again, refer to the OP >>386240716
>"I don't understand why you all hate cosmetic's microtransaction?"

We're discussing the monetary aspect of the cosmetic items. It's wise to always read the OP before replying to the thread.
>>
>>386253725
>You only have to get them through a FREE crate if you want to unlock them permanently.
So where does the paying come in?
>>
>>386251838
No they should work on making more fucking guns and vehicles and maps.

You know. Shit that ACTUALLY affects the game.
>>
>>386254257
>more guns and vehicles
Why? So there's more shit to ignore because you already found a better one?
>>
>>386254084

You can buy the stuff on the steam marketplace for real money like the tf2 hats or dota skins, but why bother
>>
>>386254084
The non-free crates require a $2.50 key.

The crates themselves sell for $3.50 on the steam marketplace.
>>
>>386254257

>No they should work on making more fucking guns and vehicles and maps

Oh, you mean that they should create more stuff that takes coding, balancing etc. instead of letting the coders focus on making the game run better? Got it!
>>
>>386255298
Wait, the modellers, texture artists and animators aren't involved at all in creating new vehicles, weapons and maps? I'm pretty sure they would be involved before the coders would be in balancing shit.
>>
The coders have to get involved at some point, and I'd rather have them work on making the game not shit than stuffing it full of redundant weapons and vehicles.

Could use a new map, though. The one it has seems big, but when you're constantly being restricted to smaller and smaller areas, you don't get to explore the whole thing and often revisiting the same places. Feels a lot smaller than it is.
>>
>>386240716
I don't dislike or like cosmetic microstansactions.
What I dislike is how they are used.

I don't actually mind when specific cosmetics cannot be earned or traded. What I personally mind are games in which a player that spends no money gets no cosmetics. If you're going to add cosmetics microtransactions, add some free tier cosmetics, I don't care how shit they are, as long as there's free shit for every slot.

I like blizzards random lootbox for playing. They're sort of like valves crates without needing you to buy keys. I don't think players should be forced to gamble if they are paying money though. Give loot boxes for free, let players buy the actual skins they want.

Another thing that annoys me with cosmetics is when they give you certain parts of it for free, but one of two pieces of the set have to be bought. That's absolute bullshit.

I agree that cosmetics don't detract from gameplay and companies are okay making money that way. It's how they do it that matters to me.
>>
>>386255878
So, rather than focusing their attention on microtransaction cosmetic shit, wouldn't it be better and for the benefit of both the game and the fanbase to have the devs work on a new map, new vehicles and weapons instead?
>>
>>386255541

Sure they are, but adding a new weapon or vehicle adds a buttload of work for the coders and takes a lot of time playtesting and balancing.

Creating cosmetics only requires a modeller and texture artist full stop.
>>
>>386256365
What makes you think they aren't? It doesn't take fifty devs to model a 3d skirt.
>>
>>386256405
>Creating cosmetics only requires a modeller and texture artist full stop.

Fucking this. The people that make the maps and new modes are not the same ones that make cosmetics. In overwatch's case, it can be argued that those that make skins could be modeling new characters, but honestly, modelers are not designers.
>>
>>386256365
>new map, new vehicles and weapons instead?
No. It'll be the same game and the variety will get old as quick as the game itself did: faster than it took to develop it. It's literally a waste of time.

Rather than focusing their attention on microtransaction cosmetic shit, new maps, new vehicles, or new weapons, they should focus on making their game not run like shit. Major performance issues for the first 1-2 minutes of every single round for users with 8GB of RAM is not ok. Beyond that, they should be adding to the gameplay, like they're doing with this vaulting and climbing mechanic. New weapons and new cars and new maps are all fundamentally "cosmetic" as well. They provide no new functionality, they just give current functionalities a different paintjob.
>>
should I sell my twitch prime cosmetics now or later?
>>
>>386240716
in overwatch i think it's fine just cause you can get them ALL while playing the game (besides some shitty origins/goty skin) but in like pubg i think it's shitty there's a premium loot kit that separates skins. Not only that but PUBG is only in early release while overwatch never was.
>>
>>386256724
>8gb
It's 2017, anon. Not 2005.
>>
>>386256523
Well the other anon is pretty sure that Bluehole is a small studio. Are there even 50 devs to spare on any component of the game? What's the word on these other new content and when will the game leave early access? OP was asking what everyone's problem is with cosmetics microtransaction and this is one. They're letting it out the gates before other, more meaningful shit in the game is done and released. That's already a broken promise on the devs' part, what reassurance is there that they won't break any more and suddenly decide to not make new maps, new vehicles and new weapons?
>>
File: Africa circa 1885.jpg (293KB, 611x644px) Image search: [Google]
Africa circa 1885.jpg
293KB, 611x644px
>>386240716

Cosmetic Micro Transactions add no game benefits whatsoever. They are the easiest assets to make, and were often entirely FREE throughout the 90's and 2000's. There were MANY, MANY multiplayer games where you could download entire skin packs and character converters. In Quake 2 I ran around servers as Kenny from Southpark for fucks sake. Never paid a penny more than the cost of the game to do so.

It encourages laziness on the developers part. If their financial incentive is not on the overall quality of the gameplay, but by focusing on the aesthetics of it, the incentive to do the lazy actions of selling piece-meal content will always take precedent in capitalism.

If you could provide an argument where cosmetic items actually helped developers fund bigger and better games, I would concede the argument entirely. But historically, this is not the case. TF2 has raked in $20-30 million a month for Valve consistently since lootcrates appeared. This is hundreds of millions of dollars in excess revenue that has gone to... What? Where is Half Life 3? Where are the new IP's from Valve? Where is Source 3.0? Fucking no where- that's what. All they do is pocket the money. Valve is the Goldman Sachs of Video Games. They no longer create any content with the wealth they generate, they just have the most lucrative pay in the entire industry.

Everyone now chases the Valve 'Goldman Sachs' dragon- Micro Transactions, piecemeal DLC, selling what used to be free Mods as 'original IP' and taking the ability to create content away from the community so that it can instead be sold for short-term profit.

Fuck this pathology of game creation, and fuck you for fiscally contributing to it.
>>
>>386253825
>game has no replayability
>multiplayer game has no replayability
>>
>>386256889
>2005
In 2011 there were games that literally could not use more than 2GB of RAM.

This shitty game is the first one that I have ever seen bottlenecked by a moderate amount of RAM. 2007 Crysis looked better and required 1/8th of the RAM.
>>
>>386240716
Poorfags don't want other people to have things they can't afford
>>
>>386257093
>Cosmetic Micro Transactions add no game benefits whatsoever.
They make the idiots easier to spot in their $300 bright pink skirts.
>>
>>386241436
He'd be stupid not to add microtransactions considering how popular the game is. Like it or not, people need to make money to survive, and microtransactions bring in cash.
>>
>>386257293
>Like it or not, people need to make money to survive
I think selling 7 million copies at $25-$30 apiece made them more than enough money to survive. They've passed survival a long time ago and have now arrived at jewery.
>>
File: 1475004404655.jpg (98KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1475004404655.jpg
98KB, 960x960px
Can you look up skirts in pubg? I really want to know.
>>
>>386257139
8GB of RAM is not a moderate amount. Consoles have 8GB, which means 8GB is now the bare minimum a PC should have. I have 32GB in my system, though I do a lot of video editing so that's the real reason I have that much. But there's really no reason to have less than 16GB of RAM in your PC these days.
>>
>>386257293

>people need to make money to survive

This is an ARMA III player mode mod that was stripped down and hastily recreated to avoid being sued so he could market it. It is VERY unfinished and costs $40 U.S. It has sold over 5 million copies. He has a team of less than 40 dudes. They are all now multi multi millionaires- unless he pulls a Notch, takes ALL of the money, and sells his developers out the window with a quick check of $250 000 each.

You want to argue how he's going to find it diffficult to survive on $40x5 000 000? Even after Gabe takes his fat, greasy, grubby %15-30 cut, tell me how he's finding it hard to survive?

How is it ethical or productive to the development of a buggy, glitched mess to dedicate time to piecemeal aesthetics to be sold for real life cash when he should be taking his already hundreds of millions and releasing the fucking game?

Fuck you.
>>
>>386257551
>But there's really no reason to have less than 16GB of RAM in your PC these days.
I don't disagree, but there's no excuse that a game like PUBG uses more than 8GB.
>>
>>386257457
People will eventually stop buying full-price copies. Once it hits full release, it'll see another big wave of purchases, but then that's going to tail off and only spike during Steam sales. The cosmetics are a way to counteract that, to an extent, by ensuring a steady flow of money.
>>
>>386240716
Theres a battle royale game?
>>
>>386257694
It exists after a time where consoles have 8GB. They knew it'd be coming to consoles at some point, thus that's the spec they built the game to work around.
>>
>>386257585
>It is VERY unfinished and costs $40 U.S. It has sold over 5 million copies. He has a team of less than 40 dudes. They are all now multi multi millionaires
You've got a point but you completely fumble with the facts. It's $30. They don't keep 100% of it. Retailers like steam and amazon take 30%. Their publisher probably takes even more

If they keep a third of the money their game makes and split it evenly between the entire team of 40, they wouldn't be multi multi millionaires, they'd just be millionaires.
>>
>>386257585
Do devs just stop selling copies once they've made back their development costs? Of course not. Now, they can add in microtransactions to ensure money keeps coming in for a much longer time than they used to. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. If they want to add more content to the game, that income makes it much more feasible to do so.
>>
>>386241969
>copyright infringement over high school uniforms
>>
>>386258010
They're publishing it on their own though. So 30% lost to Steam or Amazon. They keep 2/3 of the profits.
>>
>>386258010
And of course it's not split evenly between all 40 people. Then those people have taxes taken out, which leaves them with even less. Then insurance comes out, which means they get even less. Then of course they have their living expenses, which this income is for, which means at the end of the day, they still aren't millionaires. Most of those 40 people probably don't even get bonuses based on # of copies sold, so for them, the profit is completely meaningless.
>>
>>386257861
Better hardware does not excuse dev laziness. This is like what started happening with VRAM over the last 5 years. Devs can start making games that look dated and optimize them poorly because people with your mentality ostracize anyone whose hardware is slightly outdated so they don't count.
>>
>>386258018
So the microtransactions are solely for the dev's benefit while the customers are left to wait longer for actually meaningful content and patches? Glad to know even the fans are aware of the buttfucking that's taking place.
>>
>>386240716
>cute Nadine in a school girl uniform
sign me up
>>
>>386258283
Who the hell am I ostracizing? All I'm saying is 8GB of RAM is the minimum spec now. If that's all you have, then expect problems. It's not a complicated issue.
>>
>>386257712
>People will eventually stop buying full-price copies.
Only if they start selling it at anything other than full price. Given that it originated from an ARMA mod, they might look to emulate Bohemia and never put their games on sale. I'd point to this summer sale, where it wasn't even so much as 10% off, but that was early in the game's life.
>>
>>386258010

Steam is the Publisher. It's called PLAYERUNKNOWN'S Battlegrounds because he owns the IP.

Even if my statistic on the price is wrong, with the uptick in prices being PAST five million at this point, you are arguing pedantically. The primary point is still logical. I already MENTIONED the cut of Valve in my point, which you ignore because you're an asshole.

You self defeat your own point. They become millionaires (if it's split evenly, which of course it will not be.) by working on an ARMA III mod repackaged. Before the game is even in 1.0, they are selling out to aesthetic decadence solely for further fiscal profit. All of this AFTER IT WAS PROMISED NO COSMETIC DLC WOULD BE IN THE GAME BEFORE OFFICIAL RELEASE.

At what point does a hack fraud developer need to lie, steal ideas and concepts, and blatantly try and fleece your wallet before you finally say enough is enough? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>386258345
That's called running a business, guy. You need to bring in more money than you spend in order for a company to exist. Microtransactions help make that happen, there's no point it getting mad about it and taking it personally.
>>
>>386240716
Because this shit used to be free and included
>>
>>386258425
>expect problems
But why? Because some devs can't be bothered making their game run properly?

8GB works just fine for everything else, why is it suddenly outdated because one early access game can't get its shit together?
>>
>>386258472
>selling out to asethetic decadence
Holy shit, melodramatic teenage angst post of the year. People want cosmetics, so they're giving them cosmetics. It's hardly a great injustice.
>>
>>386258472
>you are arguing pedantically
correct
>>
>>386258680
It's not outdated. You really like trying to put words in people's mouths, don't you? Outdated would mean you couldn't run anything. 2GB of RAM is outdated. 8GB is not, it's just the minimum now. These things happen, kiddo. Technology progresses, specs improve, and eventually that system you spent $1200 building either needs to be upgraded or scrapped and replaced. It's the way of the world.
>>
File: 1489445825349.png (284KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1489445825349.png
284KB, 586x634px
>>386240716
poorfags
>>
>>386258472
>blatantly try and fleece your wallet
I dunno about you, but I have self control enough not to blow my money on cosmetics. I've never bought TF2 keys, CSGO keys, or any of that shit.

This literally doesn't affect me negatively, it only gives idiots a way to waste their money, and gives me a way to make the money I paid for the game back just by fucking playing it. I've already made $40 off selling crates, $10 more than what I paid for the game.
>>
>>386258516
Oh right, I forgot that the game is free to play and the microtransacs that were promised to only be implemented upon full release are the only way to bring in money for the devs. It's totally not just a way for them to take advantage of an overly willing fanbase while also making it more profitable to not focus on bug fixes and other content.
>>
>>386240716
>consumers
this right here was the word that ousted you as a marketer. better luck next time.
>>
>>386259160
Do you play the game? If you do not, your opinion on the microtransactions really doenst matter. The people who play the game wanted cosmetics, so the devs implemented a method of delivering cosmetics. Sure, they might have said they wouldn't do that before retail, but the demand is there now, so they are meeting it. Basic economics, bud. Time to grow up and deal with it.
>>
>>386240716
>You will never be gunned down by a schoolgirl

Feels bad man
>>
File: 1501898082471.jpg (51KB, 430x457px) Image search: [Google]
1501898082471.jpg
51KB, 430x457px
> buy 10 pounds worth of chests
> get 1 pound in return
>>
>>386259628
Oh don't kid yourself anon. My opinion wouldn't matter regardless of whether I play the game or not. You like it because you're a corporate dicksucker and accept the buttfucking, I hate it because I hate it when devs monetise their playerbase too much while also skimping on meaningful content and promises made prior to purchase. If a developer can openly break promises like this on an initiative that's entirely based on good faith such as early access and be protected by the fanbase, then the whole thing is as much of a red flag as people feared. People are worried and for good reason, as you have proven so effectively, even if not so succintly. A fool and his money are soon parted. Like you said, basic economics.
>>
>>386257508
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER
>>
>>386240716
>Kill popular streamer
>get banned
>PUBG
>>
File: 1501807649862.gif (913KB, 500x586px) Image search: [Google]
1501807649862.gif
913KB, 500x586px
>>386259916
>using real money to gamble for monopoly money
>>
>>386260810
>kill popular streamer 3 times in a row, raising a red flag
>the stream watchers report you while the streamer is throwing a tantrum, and the devs check your connection history and see you leaving matches after you kill him and joining lobbies over and over until you connect to the one the one he's in
>get banned for violating the rules of conduct
>>
>pay full price for a game
>pay for cosmetics that should've been unlockables
The state of the gayming industry.
>>
>>386261356
>you can't kill people in this game about killing people!
Really boogles the noogles.
>>
>>386261475
You can kill all the people you want as long as you don't violate the rules to accomplish it. You can't use an outside program to gain advantage over another player, it doesn't matter whether that outside program is hacks or firefox.
>>
>>386261651
It's not anyone's fault that some retard decided to broadcast his screen to the world.
>>
>>386261863
If someone deliberately opens a stream to follow a streamer around then that is their "fault" by definition.
>>
>>386261863
>It's not anyone's fault that some retard decided to broadcast his screen to the world.
Just because guy #1 did something stupid doesn't mean guy #2 is allowed to break the rules.
>>
> get AK w/ 4x
> get tons of H.KITS
> get S6 for CQC
> Die to the shit controls of a bike
>>
>>386262159
lay off the throttle when going over rough terrain or just before reaching the apex of a hill or bump.
>>
>>386260241

This is just the state of Western consumerism. You need to realize a lot off people posting on /v/ were born after 1995, most likely after '99, and therefore they have literally grown up ONLY knowing that this is how the industry is run. They see no issue with developers and publishers overcharging, cutting content, selling useless content, and amassing large wealth for no purpose. It doesn't go into R&D. It doesn't go into bold new IP's. It's the scummiest shit on the planet- and the youth applaud it, wallets wide.

I remember a time when a multiplayer game came with a 50+ mission campaign for two different sides. You could make your own units in editors or 3rd party software and integrate these units into the game. Players could upload units, vote on the most balanced and pleasing ones, and download them at no cost. Hundreds off great maps were made for all sorts of conflicts- free to download.

It was called Total Annihilation. It was entirely 3D, it came out in fucking 1997.

If you sold Total Annihilation today it would be $80. 2 units would come out every 3 months for $15 and there would be two, at most three maps for play on multiplayer which are simple mirror reflections of each other. Your Commander Unit could be customized for $5 per armor piece and you'd have to download the companion app and keep GPS constantly turned on so the company knows where and when you play their game.

Furthermore, it would remain in early access for 3 years. It'd receive a massive downgrade right at the end in terms off graphics, and wouldn't be optimized to run on even a $2000 rig. The Devs would cease post-launch services for patching but still churn out units to buy on their website. They will shut down the dedicated Corporate Servers so no one can play anymore and say because 10 million units didn't ship, it was a fiscal loss. They will then quietly, next fiscal quarter, post the biggest fiscal jump they've ever had.
>>
>>386261863
If some retard falls asleep on the sidewalk with his iphone poking out of his pocket for everyone to see, it's still a crime to take his iphone
>>
I'm hardly an expert on this subject, but wasn't the ACTUAL problem that the developer made an explicit promise not to include any form of microtransactions until the game goes golden? This actually throws major doubt about either the devs commitment, or his forsight. That seems like a reasonable thing to be mad about.
>>
File: Planetary_Annihilation_cover.jpg (139KB, 340x469px) Image search: [Google]
Planetary_Annihilation_cover.jpg
139KB, 340x469px
>>386262476
>If you sold Total Annihilation today it would be $80. 2 units would come out every 3 months for $15 and there would be two, at most three maps for play on multiplayer which are simple mirror reflections of each other. Your Commander Unit could be customized for $5 per armor piece and you'd have to download the companion app and keep GPS constantly turned on so the company knows where and when you play their game.
Why'd you have to remind me?
>>
>>386262610

That's what happened. There is proof in dev posts and elsewhere he said no cosmetic dlc would be sold until the game was out of early access and was Version 1.0 But since Todd-Posting is no longer a meme, it appears it's okay to actually just lie to people so long as it's to make more money
>>
>>386262610
No early access dev has any foresight whatsoever, anon. That's why their games are in early access.
>>
>>386262859
Hardly true, if you take a look at games like Factorio...
>>
>>386262610
Microtransactions are getting put into everything, deal with it. You millennials are so fucking stupid and vapid that you'll actually pay to dress up your virtual barbie in a video game. Idiocracy is real. The generation of people who watch reality TV shows is real. Alt right ideologues and SJWs are real. You easily manipulated failed abortions are so sheep-like that you've made selling re-skins a viable, billion-dollar business model. You actually believe any developer is going to refuse to make a simple hand motion and open that valve to free cash flow on principle?
>>
>>386262030
You do realize they don't have hard evidence that guy #2 broke the rules? It's just streaming having a tantrum because he got killed few times in a row.
>>
>>386263101
They have conclusive evidence. If it were a legal issue he'd be convicted in a court. Finding the same guy over and over on a massive map could be a coincidence, but add in him disconnecting and reconnecting until finding the right server and all doubt is removed.
>>
File: DF6Waf3UQAA2VhP.jpg large.jpg (195KB, 1038x758px) Image search: [Google]
DF6Waf3UQAA2VhP.jpg large.jpg
195KB, 1038x758px
>>386263101
If by "hard evidence" you mean "proof", then that doesn't really exist in the real world. The evidence they do have is pretty damning. Pic related is from playerunknown's battlegrounds.

>>386263089
>millennials
if you're old enough to post here and 37 or under, you're a millennial too.
>>
File: almightyloaf.jpg (45KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
almightyloaf.jpg
45KB, 500x531px
>>386263089

>You millennials are so fucking stupid and vapid that you'll actually pay to dress up your virtual barbie in a video game. Idiocracy is real. The generation of people who watch reality TV shows is real. Alt right ideologues and SJWs are real. You easily manipulated failed abortions are so sheep-like that you've made selling re-skins a viable, billion-dollar business model.

Even now, the Evil Seed of what this generation has done, germinates within them.
>>
>>386263089
This post is pretty much a pure, undilluted cringe. You have some serious issues, you might want to actually visit a therapist.
>>
>>386263275
>playerunknown's battlegrounds.
I mean playerunknown's twitter
>>
>>386263289
Who do you think you're fooling? Your insecurity is obvious. How much money have you spent on "crates" you useful idiot piece of garbage? Hilarious, go open another. Maybe this time you'll get Pink Skirt for your in-game model, you trashcan fatass.
>>
File: dinowind.jpg (357KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
dinowind.jpg
357KB, 1024x768px
>>386263289

He's absolutely right, though.
>>
>>386263543
>shitting on the pink skirt
That thing made me $200, anon.
>>
File: 1493422026702.png (326KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
1493422026702.png
326KB, 450x410px
>>386240716
>consumers that wants it help the dev by spending monney on things

you already did this by buying the fucking game, have some more respect for your income, dont understand the ideology that buying skins is equivalent to throwing change at a starving artist in the street, this is a multi million dollar company, they can afford to release this shit for free, but its become a standard now to buy cosmetics for money rather than have them as an unlockable or something interesting to invest the player in unlocking something to visually stand out or express themselves in customization

fucking cancer
>>
>>386263543
>Your insecurity is obvious.
Is this projecting, or just trolling. I can't even tell anymore.

>How much money have you spent on "crates" you useful idiot piece of garbage?
Not a single cent in the entirety of my life. I really don't know what exactly are you trying to even say here, other than literally mouth-foaming tantrum about how you call everyone worse than yourself. I was actually the one taking the stance on microtransactions being undesirable in games, especially if a developer can't be trusted on his own words with them, so I really have no clue what the fuck is even happening in what ever you have for a brain.
>>
>>386242720
>30$
>full price
>>
>amount of neet losers living at home with their parents on shoestring government leeching "incomes" rises
>buying cheap microtransactions on virtual clothing and skins is now an industry standard and makes millions

hmm...
>>
>>386262476
>>386262765
>Total Annihilation
Holy shit anons, thanks for the flashbacks. The first time I played this, I was too young to even understand what the fuck was going on and got my ass kicked almost constantly. I don't think I ever even completed it despite playing it a shitton due to not having anything else available at the time. I played the shit out of Sup Com though and that was a helluva good game. That said, I understand what has caused this state of Western consumerism. I just woe it and speak out against it from time to time, that's all. It's a damned fucking shame because, like it or not, these youths who applaud these scummy tactics with their wallets, as you said, are shaping an industry that I'm still a part of. These fucksticks are setting a precedent that says it's perfectly fine for developers to make a game via early access while promising this and that, then breaking that promise openly and publicly. And this is being done with a game that is hands down one of the most successful releases recently, especially on PC.

It all sets a horrible precedent. How much lower can the bar go after this?
>>
>>386250369
Or! Or! You can have the designers make these cosmetic items, have people buy them, and use the increased revenue from that to hire additional coders?
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.