[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they make the engine more similar to Neverwinter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: poe.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
Why didn't they make the engine more similar to Neverwinter Night's instead of Baldur's Gate? Just seems like a step backwards... Anyway, Obsidian thread?
>>
File: Commandos_2_-_Men_of_Courage10.jpg (224KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Commandos_2_-_Men_of_Courage10.jpg
224KB, 1024x768px
>>386234795
NWN looks like shit. Top down can be beatiful
>>
>>386235298
but a modernized NWN would look amazing.

I wasn't talking saying top down is shit either, btw. It can, indeed, be beautiful. Just wondering why there seemed to be a push for the NWN style back then, but now they're back to the BG look. Guess it's part of going back to the classic crpg experience.
>>
>>386234795
Because Obsidian was always about stories. Which is kinda weird because the story you experience in PoE is really dull compared to background stuff like the Saint's War.
>>
>>386235547
Because you really need to take another look at how NWN1. It's really obvious tilesets and you can only make so many assets to hide the fact before people start complaining. NWN1 is very light on unique assets.
>>
Because Obsidian has been coasting off of Bioware's coat tails for decades. Since Bioware turned to shit, they're cycling back to the beginning and ripping off BG1 again.
>>
>>386236167
is it ironic that both companies made their best games based on existing properties?
>>
>>386234795

Because of all those people who goes like "MUH BG WAS BEST RPG EVER MADE" and all those "MUH INFINITY ENGINE". Remember how people actually disliked NWN at launch for not being like BG?

I ran at too many fanatics that thinks even about limitations of infinity engine as "gameplay features". I still call BG2 mediocre RPG and think of Icewind Dale as much more fun to play.

And yet I freqnetly run into people who litteraly thinks that if I dislike Pillars, I MUST dislike whole RPG genre. Like Gothic fags.
>>
I love obsidian, but this game is really nothing. The combat is horrible, it quickly got boring so I changed the difficulity to "story mode". But the story is boring too. It's not engaging at all and I'm 20+ hours in
>>
>>386234795
Didn't Baldurs Gate do better in sales than Neverwinter nights? If so maybe it was more of a safe bet to get the game funded.
>>
>>386235547
>Just wondering why there seemed to be a push for the NWN style back then, but now they're back to the BG look
Because people played nwn and it was garbage
>>
>>386234795
You mean 3D? Try Fallout or Skyrim then, it was made for people like you.
>>
>>386234795
One high def background looks better and is less expensive to make than plenty of 3D assets and vfx/post process
>>
>>386239595
This.

This game really didn't do it for me.
>>
>>386240134

Yeah, totally brah. Cause NWN looks totally the same as Fallout and Skyrim.

fucking retard
>>
>>386234795
because they advertised it as BG nostalgia bait during the kickstarter
>>
File: portrait_zahua_lg.png (117KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_zahua_lg.png
117KB, 210x330px
Pillars of Eternity is so good and Deadfire looks so fucking great. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>386240397
It's 3D since isometric seems hard for you. You can also try Dragon Age 2, another game just for people like you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.