[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>runs like shit >looks like shit >30$ for unfinished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 42

File: c7QR29U8s5WkeVMezFub7T.jpg (844KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
c7QR29U8s5WkeVMezFub7T.jpg
844KB, 2560x1440px
>runs like shit
>looks like shit
>30$ for unfinished EA game
>paid loot crates
>rehash of a rehash of a rehash
>shit servers
>netcode garbage, have to aim 10m in front of people when they move

why do people play this again?
>>
File: 1501726895237.png (596KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1501726895237.png
596KB, 500x730px
>>386232735
wut gaem?
>>
it's streamerbait
>>
pcbros like eating shit
>>
>>386232735
Even with all of that, many people still find it to be fun and entertaining. You know, one of the main reasons people indulge in video games and other such forms of entertainment.

Stay jaded and bitter faget
>>
>>386232735
>Vaulting shown at E3
>to this day isn't integrated
>Streamers get special permission to adminstrate gamemodes
>Streamers get extra rights
>Can consistently top10 without firing a shot
>walking sim
>RnG sim

No thanks.
>>
Because
>it's fun
>it's exciting
>there are other shooters with the same problems
These are the only arguments I've gotten when I asked the same question these past few weeks. No one seems to be able to put the game in a good light, just a whole lot of deflection going on.
>>
>>386232735
Sonybro's are so jealous of this game
Go play Bloodborne or something
>>
Because PC gaming became the worst shit possible.
Ppl here thinks that consoles killed PC gaming, while in fact i'm pretty sure they are saving it : CSGO, LoL, PuGB, GTA online etc : Only trash money grabber with (((micro transactions))).
>>
It's full of flaws but incredibly fun. Of course some turbo autist is gonna turn up with the nu-fun meme, but I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game the past two decades.
>>
File: 1368826198001.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1368826198001.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
pubg would actually be decent if it didnt have iron sights mechanics
shooter with iron sights are just garbage, its a feature that was made for console gamers so they can aim better with their shitty controllers
>>
>>386233090
By buying console exclusives you're still buying into a monopoly business. The only right answer to not play games.
>>
>>386233207
nah
>>
File: Beatnik_Doctor_George_Costanza.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Beatnik_Doctor_George_Costanza.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>386233207
>>
>>386233289
>what are AAA multiplat.
Also the souls serie started with the help of sony's money.
Meanwhile we have valve with their monopoly steam fucking every fucking dev and forcing cancer like early access, paid mod, etc.
>>
>>386232735
Only option on the market people haven't played to death
>Battle Royal genre

anon, provide an alternative with the same gameplay, aesthetic and play base. I'm down to switch to whatever the /v/ approved version would be.
>mods
played to death, I need an actual fully funded development team. By not providing an option, you're admitting that PUBGs is the only option, so consider that before you bullshit me.
>>
>>386233502
pubg is coming to consoles and will be the best seller there you delsuional retard
>>
>>386232735
Stop abbreviating early access as EA. Holy shit.
>>
its pretty fun, shame i have no friends and im bored of solo
>>
File: tumblr_ollzg8QR2g1ql7hngo2_400.png (171KB, 380x238px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ollzg8QR2g1ql7hngo2_400.png
171KB, 380x238px
It's pretty fucking fun though. Thats the issue. With its massive flaws, its still great.
The last patch fucked it up massively.
>>
Literally nothing else.
This is what happens when the AAA developers don't push good shit to divide people's attention, least of all in a way that
>1/3rd of their potential playerbase play their game, rest play alternatives
>Get tired of alternatives and come to your game
>Your game and your alternatives trade players frequently and often so they never die, always have fresh blood and you can use that time to keep developing your game

Today you get
>There's one game that has anyone playing and anyone aware of it
>Fuck it I guess that'll do, everyone plays it unless they want to wait for something better

There's way, way more potential players than what PUBG has, it's just it's the only game taking up any of them. Somehow the market/industry isn't capable of thinking that way, as if the market is fully saturated with shooters.

Of course it really doesn't help dedicated servers are gone, so it's just "developer's way or fuck off".
If only Titanfall 2 didn't have the retarded progression system and enabled dedicated servers, we could see a resurgence of Team Fortress 2 like casual shooter - custom maps, custom rules (like a better TTK), smaller player limits etc. With a few tweaks like that, (and marketing that isn't self-destructive) you'd see a lot more competition to bring PUBG back down to earth.

Remember, Dota is so popular because for most of those players, there's literally no alternative.
>>
>>38623355
What's the matter, Electronic Arts?
Can't sue an abbreviation when it's a general concept instead of a brand?
>>
>>386232735
reddit game
>>
Don't forget

>Banned from the game for honking your car somebody if they happen to be a streamer
>>
>>386233661
>The last patch fucked it up massively.
Performance wise, yes, although after the hotfix rolled out yesterday I haven't had any troubles. Also the looting the mechanics (that they will be reverting soon) is worse. Other than that, the new patch is great.
>>
This game needs to be banned from /v/

The amount of salt, asspain, whining, childishness, etc, is just off the fucking CHARTS because of this game.

The game is nothing special. It's very fun with friends, and overall, a fun game. Why it needs to be whined and complained about every single fucking day by some worthless, friendless, kissless, faggot virgins is beyond me.

Like god damn guys, just shut the fuck up. Get a fucking life. Or at the very least, just stop whining/talking about the game.
>>
>>386233736
I generally just leave the game if I think I'm playing with a streamer, but since I don't watch all that shit I just have to go by things like voice chat. If it sounds like you're trying to entertain someone when you talk, I'm just going to leave the squad/game. Que is quick, no incentive to stay and deal with it, thankfully.
>>
>>386232735
Because it's fun
>>
File: 1499839564837.gif (443KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
1499839564837.gif
443KB, 400x296px
>>386232797
>>
>>386232735
>EA game
what?
>>
>>386234007
Early Access
>>
>>386232735
>why do people play this again?
why do you?
>>
>>386232735
People still playin DayZ?
>>
>>386233828

If that's all you need to enjoy PUBG, why aren't you having mindblowing orgasms in Squad?
Nigger, there's miles better alternatives, but they're not finished yet. Least of all I want to see less parading around from PUBG as long as there's no
>bullet penetration
>realisation 3rd person is fucking retarded as hell
>reduction in loot based RNG
>alternatives to starting besides air drop that just exposes everyone for a down syndrome brawl in exchange for landing near a full loadout that encourages a "disconnect whenever you feel like bub, the entire game is fucking inconsequential like that, just keep pulling that lever goy" feel
>A much better alternative to the restricted play zone joke objective

I mean, for £25 that's a bit much to ask for people aware of other games.
>>
>>386232735

pcbros will play any early access garbage, it's all they alongside the shitty ubisoft multiplats
>>
>>386234409
You do realise you're recommending a completely different game? I play both Squad and PUBG, but for entirely different reasons.

Also, first person only servers are available now.
>>
people are tired of csgo and are looking for alternatives.
>>
File: 1500053404946.jpg (45KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
1500053404946.jpg
45KB, 728x728px
>>386232735
>still the best one in the extremely trendy and popular genre according to 99.9% people
Your shitty ass exaggerations and my complete indifference for the game aside, I don't think I've seen a game blow up like this... ever? And it's all over the world, not just in the west
>>
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds is honestly a wonderful game. It attracts a bunch of underage shits and contains them in something I don't wanna play.
>>
File: 1497183822925.jpg (19KB, 361x370px) Image search: [Google]
1497183822925.jpg
19KB, 361x370px
>>386232735
because the kids now-a-days are too stupid to garry's mod
>>
>>386234409
Because a game doesn't need all the bells and whistles to be fun.

PUBG is just an average sandwich. Bread, meat, cheese, maybe some other toppings like a pickle or a nice sauce. Other games like SQUAD or ARMA or whatever might be a footlong hoagie with two meats, two cheese, two sides, toppings, etc.

Sometimes you don't want that hoagie, you just want the simple sandwich. Please god don't crucify me for a food analogy; I know you know what I'm saying.

People like PUBG. It's simple, it's fun, it's got a clear gameplay vision, with mechanics that are fine and fun (but honestly could use some retooling/etc; which hopefully will come in patches in the future), and a simple premise that fast gameplay time and a fun concept of "shrinking circle" to force you to move, fight, die, or win.

Just because a game CAN have like 100 mechanics in it doesn't make it fun or good. Will some people enjoy that? Sure. Not everyone; most people want something simple and enjoyable.

I like PUBG, I play it and I have fun; especially with my friends if we all squad up. Do I play more fun games? Yes. Do I play harder more interesting games? Yes. Do I still have fun with PUBG for what it is, even though it may not be as good as other games? Yes.

Like, god damn. You people are whining about FUCKING NOTHING. If you don't like the game, just don't think about it, or talk about it. Is it truly THAT difficult? This is why I want the game to be banned from /v/. The amount of asspain is fucking unreal.
>>
>>386234949
>stop shitposting about my game so the kid's don't get woke

stop being so transparent
>>
>>386235073
What in the fuck are you talking about? You're fucking delusional dude.
>>
>>386235143
the game runs like a game that sells for 10 bucks that was made in unity

if you think this game is good in anyway, you need to play more video games

I wouldn't even classify this game as functioning nigga

get some taste
>>
>>386234949

>It's just an average sandwich
Yeah, a real sub (par) experience.
Mate, it is 2017 and this is the best they got? It's got less features than budget titles from a decade ago, it's inexcusable. There's literally nothing to this so for all that bullshit of camping and running, there's no payoff.

It's not even kids or people just wanting something to pass the time because it's fucking £25 to boot for an unfinished game. It deserves all the shit it gets for that price, failing to deliver a quarter of it's competition even by the outline of what the final release is supposed to look like.
>>
/v/ ONLY hates PUBG because:
>it's in early access
>it's popular
>it's not dark souls
>>
>>386234735
Indeed, here in SEA shitter suck it up like a sponge. I guess streamers really do influence the sale
>>
>>386235291
>It's got less features than budget titles from a decade ago, it's inexcusable.
Why? No other game has gameplay this fun. Trust me, I'd love more features. If a better studio would make a better game with similar gameplay, I'd drop this in a heartbeat. So far, though, it's fucking amazing how much fun I'm having.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>netcode garbage, have to aim 10m in front of people when they move

I really hope that one is bait.
Every weapon has its own bullet velocity, some you have to compensate a lot in different distances in order to hit someone, aim with an SKS or Kar with an 8x, you can literally see the bullet slowly getting to the destination you aimed afar.
The M24 is the exception, even at 8x it almost instanly reaches its destination.
>>
>>386235230
God you're fucking retarded. I've been playing games since I was 3 years old.

You seem to misunderstand the concept that a game doesn't need to be a perfect 11/10 to be good. PUBG is a solid 6/10, in the true 0-10 scale (0 worst, 10 best). It's a completely average game, but with a fun concept and premise. Yeah, it doesn't look great, doesn't run great, and needs updates/fixes/etc. But overall, it does play, and it is fun to play, especially with friends (which is how most people play it regardless).

Sorry you don't like it. But who cares? Go play super deep throat. Or warhammer. Or team fortress 2. Or whatever the fuck you like. Because who fucking cares? You literally can not stop PUBG from being as successful as it is; or why people like it so. You are screaming into a void. Just shut up.
>>
>>386235309
>it's popular
This is the only thing you need
>>
>>386235441

We just gone over this, Squad has the same gameplay and then some.
You skip the shitty looting phase, cut down the camping phase by having actual objectives against the clock, and absolutely no third person bullshit.
On top of that, there's material penetration so you CAN shoot through that window, even if you hit the sill.

But toss that out because "hurrf durrf stop being a lardass"

Not to mention Squad is only £30 and has no microtransactions.
>>
>>386232735
People really like the genre and idea of these games after the hunger games movies. Think Minecraft was the first to get popular Battle Royale things. None of released games are very good but this is the best of the worst. High player count means quicker join times and helps avoid fear of dead multiplayer with online only. I don't think it'll get much better or will stay once the next improvement game happens but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested in the ideas this genre does.
>>
>>386232735

People do what feels gud on a mechanical level which isnt inherently wrong, but best examples of the media go above that which the normie brain isnt able to process that why it sticks to what it knows cods and reharshes. i feel you my fellow thal brother
>>
>>386234735
Everyone wants to watch/participate in gladiatorial fights irl. This is a good simulator for the real blood lust.
>>
>>386235573

I'm 90% certain about 70% of players play these games because it's a shooter released in 2017.
I'm 100% certain very few people actually care about the Royale aspect since even with PUBG it only makes it better on the player by allowing you to RAGEQUIT ANYTIME, and having so many players they can all drop like flies without rock-paper-scissors melee or gimick kills.
>>
>>386235480
>I enjoy shit games

There are average games, then there are games that require 10x the needed resources on all fronts to function

If you think this halfbaked shit is acceptable, you must think the memory leak in cities xl was a masterpeice of coding

Just because you like the flavor of the brownies doesn't mean they are not burnt to shit
>>
>>386235668

>Chivalry, their sequel, Mordhau
>Dota, all of the MOBA spinoffs
>Even TF2 (both games) have arena
>No this shitty asset flip fest is the one

???
>>
File: 1489478022708.jpg (20KB, 480x325px) Image search: [Google]
1489478022708.jpg
20KB, 480x325px
>>386233207
I've read allot of retarded opinions in my time on this stupid board, but yours definitely takes the cake.
>>
I like this game a lot despite its flaws. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that. Are you really gonna try and tell me I shouldn't like something? Lmao
>>
>>386235765
Not good enough stalking and murdering aspects. The artistic style as well lends to the whole upbeat vibe, which is lame and doesn't lend itself to the idea of a blood sport.
>>
>>386235879

What happened to the survival genre then? All those DayZ clones that have people roleplay and actually get really weirdly into it for some reason, only for everyone to kill each other and nothing is of any consequence?
>>
>>386233550
>shooty games on consoles
Drown yourself in concrete, moron.
>>
>>386235953
>crafting, food, water

nah that shit is just a chore. Murdering, guns, attachments. No tree or rocks to gather.
>>
>>386235570
No you dumb cunt, it's entirely different.
>You skip the shitty looting phase, cut down the camping phase by having actual objectives against the clock, and absolutely no third person bullshit.
So it's simply a completely different game? Looting in PUBG is a part of what makes it fun. It builds up tension and it gives you an extra reason not to die since you lose all your progress. And yet again, you can play on first person only servers in PUBG.
>On top of that, there's material penetration so you CAN shoot through that window, even if you hit the sill.
That and the lack of microtransactions are the only improvements. The rest is just a different flavor. Some people want strawberry, not licorice.

Why not just play Quake 3 instead of Squad? You remove all the running between objectives without action, you still get to pick up weapons and it's just fighting in a tiny area just like the last circle in PUBG, right?
Go shill your game in a Rising Storm 2 thread like you shit posters always do.
>>
>>386235739
I am agreeing with you on all fronts that the game is not very good. I know this, my friends know this, we all play different games as well, but that doesn't make the game not fun for what it is. And with the intended fixes/etc, that will hopefully come out (that no one would be surprised if they didn't because it's early access), the game will become better.

Like I said dude, you're screaming into a void. It means nothing. People are going to enjoy the game no matter what. There's no reason to hate on it so much; unless you're the kind of prissy faggot that gets mad at popular things JUST BECAUSE of the popularity.
>>
>>386235570
>it has the same gameplay, if you ignore how it's completely different
Good going
>>
>>386235739
You can have an extremely well coded game that's boring as hell and you can have a game built by a sloppy dev in a week with bought assets and shit code that's super fun. I'd rather go for the second one. I'd rather have slightly burnt brownies than cabbage.
>>
File: 1395674414294.jpg (167KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1395674414294.jpg
167KB, 1000x1000px
this game would be decent if it had any depth
i mean they have no tutorial for a reason: its fucking shallow as fuck
>>
File: 1496244398622.gif (4MB, 490x476px) Image search: [Google]
1496244398622.gif
4MB, 490x476px
I'm open to trying this game, but isn't it just like DayZ and Rust where you spend ages walking just to get shot by some kids who play way too much? Plus I hate twitch culture so getting banned for not sucking a streamers dick sounds shitty.

Regardless I have £18 in my steam wallet so should I try it?
>>
20-30 minute match
gather gear
[insert play style]
kill
>>
>>386236513
Never played Rust, but the games are 30-40 minutes if you make it to first place. You'll get shot by some kid who plays too much, no doubt, but it's still very fun. I hade the same thoughts as you when I bought it, and now I have about 300 hours in it.
>>
>>386236513
No, a series of constricting circle ensures that rounds are 35 minutes max
>>
>>386236513
Try it and refund it if you hate it.

Each game is about 30-40min long depending on how you die, or if you win, or how campy others are. The game moves along quickly though, you don't have forever to sit there and campy, the circle closes and you die if you don't move, when it's relatively small, enemy engagement % raises higher; the smaller it gets, the more you're fighting.

The slowest part of the game is the beginning. Loading in, dropping in, looting, then getting to the circle (if you're out of it), or once you're in, getting set up and more looting, etc. Once the circle closes in over and over it becomes faster. Overall, it's a quick game for how big it is and how many players there are.

It takes some getting used to, but it's a fun little game. If you don't like it, refund it and forget about it. However, I will say, that it took me over 2hrs to really get used to everything and figure out how it all should play out. So you may not get the "click" in the 2hr period.

Or just don't buy it, no big deal. And if you don't have friends to play it with, the game is severely less fun. Not that solo isn't fun, just that it can get stale and that with friends the fun is higher and lasts longer.
>>
File: 1386598403684.jpg (29KB, 614x383px) Image search: [Google]
1386598403684.jpg
29KB, 614x383px
>>386236513

>find 8x scope for kar98k
>find every attachment for it
>zoom in on head, hold breath, shoot
>miss
>enemy turns to me with ump machine gun on auto
>kills me in one salve from 300m

do you enjoy that? yea then you can try it
>>
>>386236513

You can still can sniped by some kid who found a sniper from a kilometer away but everyone starts the match with no weapons
>>
File: 1458452613822.gif (605KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1458452613822.gif
605KB, 500x281px
>All these faggots with 8x Kar98ks in end game
>I'm running around with a suppressed UMP mowing cunts down.

This game is pretty good
>>
>>386236802
Try zeroing next time. There are small lines for the map every 100 meters. That, or you had som network lag. That has never happened to me and I'm 303 hours deep.
>>
>>386236769
You could add to this that you can easily improve the beginning by dropping into high traffic areas, such as the central school
Lots of top-tier loot, and you're smack in the middle of the map so you're the closest to any given circle
>>
>>386237018
Go for the Georgo or Novo crates instead. A lot of fighting but better loot. School is fun but the loot there is overrated. It can be harder to get to the circle from the crates though.
>>
>>386236769
Thank you for the constructive reply, really wasn't expecting one. I think I might buy it and see but hearing about sniper rifles being in the game makes it sound way worse, but eh I'll give it a go because I don't wanna be a useless whiner all day. Also yeah I have no friends so I guess I might not like it after all.
>>
>>386237018
>>386237109
I fondness Primorsk a decent place to get to if you're close enough to get there. Loot is decent, it's on the edge of the map so no one typically goes there, and there's always a boat and/or land vehicle to get you to the circle
>>
Whens the BONE port?
>>
>>386237109
>>386237214
School is just one example of a place that'll almost always make for a good game. Either you die right at the beginning and can requeue right away, or you start the game in a great position- tier two to three loot and a good position on the map
>>
>>386232735
Gonna be honest, I regret buying this game. I fell for the hype and was desperate for something new and different.
Game is shit, don't waste your money.
>>
>>386237157
>hearing about sniper rifles being in the game makes it sound way worse,

End game gets really repetitive because of them, honestly it would be better if there was like 3 sniper rifle spawns in a match total.

My first win was because some dude with a Kar98k was too retarded to move because le awesome camping spot and died to the wall
>>
>>386237214
Primorsk is great, especially since you can usually get a boat if you can't find a car. Lipovka is pretty similar too, with plenty of potential car spawns right outside of it.

>>386237157
There are only two sniper rifles spawning in the world: the Kar 98k and the SKS. The SKS isn't really a sniper rifle though. With that said, any AR will work great with an 8x scope but you won't die from one hit unless you're hurt. There are crates dropping from the sky though, and in them there could be a Kar, an M24 or an AWM and possibly a 15x scope.
>>
>>386232986
ya WTF like WTF
also
>XBOX SCoprion shown at E3
>To this dai isn't even out
like wtf?
>Real life my gf gets dicked by my buddy Markus
wtf like wtf is that no thanks
>>
File: 1388883788720.jpg (23KB, 255x216px) Image search: [Google]
1388883788720.jpg
23KB, 255x216px
>>386236886
>Sneaking up behind people who are scoped in and bashing their shit in with a frying pan
This game can have its moments.
>>
>>386232797
>floor tiles
>>
File: 1498753329330.gif (16KB, 320x288px) Image search: [Google]
1498753329330.gif
16KB, 320x288px
>>386237439
>only 2 snipers

Okay that's really good to hear. Just bought it now and downloading. Thanks!
>>
>>386235475
SKS has higher bullet velocity than m24
>>
>>386237626
Yes, two in the world spawning but there are two more. in the crates. Just realised they just added another one in the crates in the latest patch: the Mk14. It's more of a DMR though, like the SKS.
People still snipe a lot, but often with AR's resulting in no OHKs.
>>
File: 1463150815182.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1463150815182.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>386237601
The frying pan has saved my ass, literally, so many times

>MFW the first time I jumped and blocked a shot with my ass
>>
File: 1469719170957.jpg (36KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
1469719170957.jpg
36KB, 500x547px
>>386232986
yeah i know right like how the fuck does an EARLY ACCESS game not have all the functions and abilities of a feature complete game already added??
>>
>>386238141
Frying pan is practically level 4 armor for your ass. If you're rushing someone in front of you, just whip it out and you might save yourself from a couple of headshots.
>>
I just want to be able to play rain maps all of the time

So far after about ten hours of gameplay I've had one rain map. It would be nice if I could choose
>>
File: rambo-1.jpg (126KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
rambo-1.jpg
126KB, 1200x600px
>>386238141
>Playing with a friend
>Friend gets gunned down by 2 people who landed near us
>Only have a frying pan to defend myself
>Hide behind door, one walks in to loot my friends body
>Bash his shit in
>His friend walks in the other side
>Furiously jumping and crouching while swinging my pan
>I walk away with half health and everyones loot
>>
>>386238823
you can just leave the lobby until you find a rain map
>>
>>386232735
I enjoy how much this game pisses you fat autistic fucks off.
>>
>>386232735
because its fun playing with friends, faggot.
>>
>>386238149
I love how you don't even bother to address the fact that streamers are more preferred to regular players
>>
Some streamer made the point that the reason this game is so popular is that there is no other shooter worth playing

To be honest, it's not the most fun thing in the world to spend 20 minutes opening doors, picking up items and searching for a vehicle, followed by ten seconds of shooting, but there is nothing else worth playing.
>>
>Log in, have 1200 lootbucks
>Buy one of those more expensive crates
>Sell it for five dollars
>Get 700 lootbucks after playing the game for like two hours with friends
>Buy another crate, sell it for three dollars

And just like that it's worth playing the game again. Every time a new update comes out streamers will be paying boatloads for the new crates. fucking hell with a few easy playthroughs every week or so I'll have paid off the game in full
>>
>>386232735
>runs like shit
>looks like shit
No it doesn't

Don't get surprised when it will cost more on release

>paid loot crates
The only issue with this is that they lied that they won't add it

Except it was made by the guy who made the most popular battlegrounds mods so yeah try again

>shit servers
you are just lying now, they fucked something up in the last patch, other than that it was working ok before
>>
>>386238858
Panning people is hilarious, no one expects melee in the final circle. Just gotta get close enough.
>>
>>386239190
>playing a game for hours and hours to make 5$ with market sales
are you 15 or something?
>>
>>386232735
The player character looks like faceberg from behind there.
>>
>>386239283
he is not playing the game to pay it off you retard
he is paying the game off while playing it
the chests do not change shit to you, might as well sell them
>>
File: 20170720143646_1.jpg (1MB, 2560x985px) Image search: [Google]
20170720143646_1.jpg
1MB, 2560x985px
>>386239148
Somewhat, but it's just got mass appeal

it appeals to normies & casuals because it's streambait & fun to just jump into a hotzone & play COD, it also rewards camping so casuals get feel like they are good by getting into the top 10
it appeals to hardcore PCfags who like super punishing shooters & they are probably getting a bit bored of CSGO & ARMA

Also the graphics being somewhat decent help as well, some of these other day z clones look like PS2 games
>>
>>386239283
>LOL who cares just open the crates and get shitty cosmetics for $.30
Nine dollars is nine fucking dollars m8
>>
>>386234409
>bullet penetration
In squad 50 cal wont go through a player and hit someone behind him, what the fuck is up with that.
>>
>>386232797
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

Nice meme
>>
File: fIulVlYk.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fIulVlYk.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>play at Ultra graphics
>hide in the grass
>guy with garbage bin laptop plays at Low settings
>he doesnt have grass
>sees me
>>
>>386239603
>He doesn't know to turn foliage and shadows off in every mutiplayer game
>>
Because its fun
>>
>>386239603
Nice try, but you get the same grass in both versions. The only difference is that you see all the trees from the airplane in the beginning. It doesn't matter at all, gameplay wise.
>>
>>386239603
its actually the opposite in this game, its way harder to see people with low settings
>>
>>386239548

Very likely performance oversight, since material pen works on static geometry, mobile hitboxes would be a nightmare to track without careful consideration in coding for it.
But then you got the second bullet after that so odds are not many will complain.
>>
>>386232735
You think all those AAA studios are slapping their heads with shame right now? It's like they took the completely wrong approach to video games. Instead of spending all that time and money crafting a story with graphics and environment and production values, they could just throw some shit together and have streamers market the shit out of it.
>>
>>386239943
Turns out that people do enjoy raw gameplay after all
>>
>>386239865
How come other games do it but squad cant
>>
>>386236769
Games like this need longer refund periods, but that would require human oversight, which valve is allergic to.

I think 5 hours would do the trick for something like PUBG.
>>
File: zeldatable.png (22KB, 373x294px) Image search: [Google]
zeldatable.png
22KB, 373x294px
>>386232797
>>
File: 1486597910472.jpg (78KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486597910472.jpg
78KB, 720x960px
>>386239603
heres from someone with an actual garbage computer
>literally everything on low or very low
>drop
>the world is green and gray landscape
>everything pops in when i land
>everything looks like its smeared with vaseline
>some sort of artifacting from the leafs on the trees
>seeing anyone from upto 150 meters away is a challenge
>anything past 250 meters is just a blob of color
>grass is still the same
i just put post processing upto high and thats about it
>>
>>386232735
The retarded name alone is enough to put me off. That aside I'd have more fun in HL2DM.
>>
>>386235480

still a shit game for normies my man
>>
>>386240697
>for normies
Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>386232797
Honestly I think I may be into tiles soon. Shit is just so nice, smooth and intricate.
>>
>>386240987
>futa loli gets dragged into a public restroom by a gang of elderly men
>it's just so debased
>all that fine tiling covered by soaked in piss and shit
>feel like shit thinking about all those ruined tile patterns once I finish

anyone else get these feels?
>>
>>386233676
mad cuz bad ;)
>>
>>386240851

sorry to have triggered you, im sure you and your streamer bro army have a lot of fun in this game and thats fine
>>
File: 1484042193394.png (145KB, 661x402px) Image search: [Google]
1484042193394.png
145KB, 661x402px
>>386241632
Life is hard for you isn't it
>>
>>386242172

wow, put a lot of thought into that rebuttal huh
[quote]get your bros to help?[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1299007649386.gif (1017KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1299007649386.gif
1017KB, 200x200px
>>386237157
So an update. I played my first match so far and it's fucking __fun__.

>be a complete baby noob
>only find a pan and some backpack
>some fully decked out guy with a crossbow comes after me
>run in circles until I kill him with a pan and take his shit
>become decked out eventually
>die from jumping off my bike
Used my refund money from other early access games for this and so far I might just not refund this after all. Thanks, anon!

Tip for anyone on the fence. I absolutely despise the early access survival meme and I'm still enjoying this game.
>>
File: 1292273682681.gif (25KB, 166x320px) Image search: [Google]
1292273682681.gif
25KB, 166x320px
POST >yfw you didn't fall for the PUBG normalfaggot meme
>>
>>386232735
Now other companies will create more king of the hill games

I bet even blizzard plans an Overwatch Unknown Battlegrounds
>>
Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHO PLAYERUNKNOWN IS? WHY IS HE SO UNKNOWN?
>>
>>386242672
HAHAHAHAH yes post memes against this evil normie game
>>
>walk within 100 yards of a streamer without their permission
>get banned for stream sniping
>>
>>386243148

NOBODY KNOWS
>>
File: photo-76527.gif (524KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
photo-76527.gif
524KB, 300x166px
>>386232735
>runs like shit
Constant 100+ fps on 2 y old pc (6700k, 980 Ti)
>looks like shit
Graphics doesn't matter in multiplayer shooters and still it looks good maxed
That is why it is not full price, plus it is stable and a lot of fun at this stage of development. Plus you have easy opportunity to make your money back by selling a few cases, you only need 50 games worth of battlepoints to have your money back. So if you enjoy the game for like 20 hrs, you have it for free.
>paid loot crates
Cosmetics only, so that is a good thing. I am ok with normie faggots paying for future support.
Totally new genre which has like 3 games total in existence, 2 of which are arcade unfinished garbage.
>shit servers
Not true for a long time. Latest patch broke some shit, but it all was fixed in one day and they are back to normal.
What is bullet travel time. Back to cod, autistic kid. Or just kill yourself.
>>
>>386232735
if you have to aim in front of people when they move it's because none of the weapons are hitscans
>>
>>386239603
>foliage draw distance is locked to a constant distance with any settings
Nice imaginary argument, faggot.
>>
>>386235770
seconded
>>
the absolute fucking state of the video game industry

so much fucking money, more than ever before, yet total and complete fucking refusal to innovate fucking anything unless its some garbage as shit indie company who cant get anything right
>>
>>386233090
>durr if consolefags didnt all have gaming computers AAA games wouldnt exist

are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>386245215
*did all have gaming computers

instead of consoles

fuck, i just woke up
>>
File: wat.jpg (121KB, 873x1135px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
121KB, 873x1135px
>>386238141
If the frying pan is strapped to you back it can deflect bullits.
>>
>>386244730
>100fps on 6700k and 980 ti

What are the best graphic settings? Just got it and getting 40-80fps on a 1070
>>
>>386236513
takes away all the other bullshit in those games, if you want to build and shit play pve cause with a clan to watch your back its constant kill on sight in those game, pubg cuts the shit and just makes it a big scavenge weapons and med deathmatch
>>
First person servers are so good. The ability to push in hard without worrying about 3PP peeking is a game changer.
>>
>>386232821
What does this mean? I see it posted a lot.
>>
>>386245734
All on very low, anti-aliasing on med.
>>
>>386232735

Marketing via famous streamers. People buy and play whatever the streamers are playing.
>>
>>386232735
i play it for fun, no other reason.
>runs like shit
mine runs fine.
>looks like shit
on high settings, it looks good enough
True, but ive had over 100 hours of fun, so i feel it money well spent.
>paid loot crates
optional cosmetics, has no impact on anything important
Same could be said for many games.
>shit servers
Agreed
You try aiming at a person 200m away and not have to aim infront of him

The better question is, why do you care if others play a game or not, if you dont like it, dont play it and move on..
>>
>>386232735
>runs like shit
works on my machine
>looks like shit
good, can see players better
$30 is 3 hours of minimum wage. get a job
>paid loot crates
i hope you dont pay for cosmetics
there's like 5 battle royale games in existence
>shit servers
uses amazon servers pretty sure, they work well
only had like 4 instances of "that's bullshit" in 200 hours of playing
>>
>not just playing arma2 for dayz mod for 10 times cheaper
>custom/private servers
>no microtransactions
>mods
>not in early access
>still getting updates
>dozens of maps
>some mods remove hunger thirst and zombies
>>
File: 1493343790048.gif (577KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493343790048.gif
577KB, 540x540px
A small group of people enjoyed the ARMA II DayZ mod.

Then a larger group of people enjoyed the Standalone DayZ game.

Then people got bored with the standalone becuase the devs where incompetent.

So they hopped over to DayZ-likes, such as H1Z1.

H1Z1 introduced a battle royal mode.

People realized they just want 100% mindless action and no punishment for losing.

PUBG just elaborated on that mainstream appeal from the ground up.

So a methodical survival game evolved into "Battlefield: but find a gun first"
>>
File: 1337416192493.jpg (97KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
1337416192493.jpg
97KB, 428x510px
>>386248817
>dayz / mod
>>
>>386248934
whats funny?
>>
So, will microsoft buy this crap for 3 billion too? So they could add it windows store and pretend xbox has gaems?
>>
>>386249070
>implying PU will sell it when he wants the fame and can infinitely expand on to the base game with maps, gun skins and cosmetics via crates to generate as much money as he wants
>>
>>386247160
>>rehash of a rehash of a rehash
>there's like 5 battle royale games in existence
he thought on the ama-dayz-BG chain imo
>>
>>386232735
>runs like shit
replace your AMD
>looks like shit
replace your AMD
lmao
>paid loot crates
it's only cosmetic
lmao
>shit servers
servers are pretty good on my side. Developpers actually listen to the community and fix shits
You've never shot a gun in real life on a real moving target huh?
>>
>>386249316
>>386247160
>>386246997
Works on my machine ;^)
>>
Someone should make a rip-off and call it Player Battleground Unknown. Kids won't even spot the difference.
>>
>>386239997
squad being made by industry rookies,
>>
File: 333.png (15KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
333.png
15KB, 200x300px
>>386249316
>ervers are pretty good on my side.
bor, i'm in middle of europe, good connection to everywhere, but I skipped 13 lobbies before refund
>>
>>386236513
It's seriously different from either of those games. pubg doesn't have crafting. Rust is a totally different animal here, you can survive on a server for days in Rust and you have hunger and there's construction of shelter and all sorts of other player dynamics to be aware of. Totally different game.

pubg differs from DayZ because it has no crafting, but also because it has the shrinking play zone, danger zones, and lack of zombies. pubg is faster paced as a result, it's more Battle Royale than DayZ ever was.
>>
The paid shills for this game are so dedicated and are writing such thoughtful posts on /v/. i think i might actually buy this game.
>>
>>386249412
yes that's what I said

game runs fine on my pc from 2010
>>
>>386249536
In 12 months they will give it for free. I got Payday 2 for completely free and won't even bother playing it. I just made sure that key won't get to anyone else.
>>
>>386249626
how new are you
>>
>>386249698
>post reddit meme out of its context
>accuse someone of being new when they reply to you
k
>>
>>386232929
/thread
qui genus humanum ingenio superavit
>>
>>386249794
>reddit meme
No
>out of context
No

You're making yourself look foolish here shill.
>>
>>386232735
>runs like shit
60 fps is shit?
>>
>>386249875
*tips*
>>
>>386249961
You do realize "It works on my machine" is a joke as old as the internet itself right?
>>
>>386250020
stop replying
>>
>>386235570
I've played and enjoyed both immensely. You're an absolute inbred idiot.

Squad is pretty great and people should really play it though.
>>
>>386250128
i hate squad. takes too long to move the group and to loot
>>
>>386249675
>give it free
In 12 months they're releasing on Xbox one, and in another 12 months plan to release on PS4. No fucking brakes on their cash train.
>>
>get banned for killing a streamer

What happened? I don't play this game.
>>
>>386244873
>hitscan requires no lead
Sure if the dev can't be arsed to move some hitboxes
>>
>>386250237
>stream sniping against tos
>someone stream snipes
>gets banned
what's there to explain
>>
File: 1472950875395.jpg (64KB, 563x520px) Image search: [Google]
1472950875395.jpg
64KB, 563x520px
>>386250237
Guy stream sniped even though it's explicitly against the rules and said he didn't and reddit listened to him because complete strangers are always more honest and trustworthy than EVIL CORPORATIONS.
>>
>>386234735
are those actually her legs? I like my women thick, but that's unhealthily fat
>>
>>386250351
>>386250363
But how did they know someone was stream sniping, did they brag about it then get banned or did the stream just accuse them of it?
>>
With tradable digital goods, just like in CSGO there will be autistic owning millions worth of pixels. So the game is stuck where it is now, unless the want to create a "community uproar".
>>
>>386250732
>logs show the guy disconnecting and reconnecting to lobbies until he gets in lobby with streamer
>gets a car and goes across the map right to him
>>
File: TslGame 2017-08-03 19-54-31-804.jpg (985KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TslGame 2017-08-03 19-54-31-804.jpg
985KB, 1920x1080px
sucks to be poor lol
>>
>>386250858
it does senpai.... it does
>>
>>386250858
wtf streamerbait looks like shit enjoy your netcode
>>
>>386232735
>have to aim 10m in front of people when they move
babbys first bulletdrop fps game.
>>
File: 1369740508016.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1369740508016.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>386250998
>sights zero for 100m
>shoot at guy's head at 50m
>it goes over him
>WOOOOOOOOOOOW NETCODE
you see at least one of these threads a day on the steam forums
>>
>>386250829
But the streamer still had to complain before the logs were checked, right? Is there someone sitting in an office somewhere investigating every occasion where a streamer loses and whines about it?
>>
>>386250858
>52fps
that isn't even good m8. i run it at1440p with a 20% res decrease and i'm constantly at >100fps. though i play with everything set to low except for textures and draw distance.
>>
>>386251148
Yes.
>>
>>386251228
This is ultra at 1080p with 120% increase. 60-90 fps with some dips in cities. on a 1080ti
>>
>>386232735
Kids don't know how bullets work: the post

News at 11.
>>
>>386250858
PUBG doesn't compare to stuff like TW3, but I will never understand people who say it looks bad. For an open world battle royale game housing 100~ players it looks fucking great.
>>
>>386251148
yeah probably. or they watch the streams themselves.
>>
>>386232735
>>runs like shit

But the most recent update improved optimization heavily
>>
File: 1298361105853.jpg (212KB, 622x800px) Image search: [Google]
1298361105853.jpg
212KB, 622x800px
>>386238823
brother
>>
>>386233165
Fun is just a buzzword
>>
>>386249872
Reddit.
>>
>>386251671
What about it?
>>
WINDOW JUMPING WHEN
>>
>parachute down, land
>stand next to building waiting for 3 minutes for it to pop in so I can go inside
Every single match.
>>
>>386252124
sucks to suck
>>
>>386233828
>reddit spacing
>>
>>386251671
>>386253141
>dude reddit lmao
grow up honestly, I wish we were in 2011 again
>>
>>386253431
why? so you can be back in the golden age of reddit shitposting?
>>
>>386249316
>replace your AMD
No, it's 70-90fps on amd :^)
>>
>>386253141
>formatting a post so that different points are separated and more appealing to read means you're from reddit

I will never ever understand this meme.
>>
>>386234409
Squad is shit though, not as bad as RS2 but holy shit its fucking terrible.

Play Arma 3 with mods and PUBG, no squad or rs2.

Remove squad and rs2
>>
because it's
FUN
U
N
>>
>>386232735
>>rehash of a rehash of a rehash
If this were true, I wouldn't have given it a chance. Name 1 last man standing game with a huge server size aside from the dead Arma 2 mod it's based on.

If this were a rehash of a rehash that would mean there are plenty of others like it, but there aren't so I'm stuck playing this shit game because it's the only one that satisfies my autism.
>>
File: 1501860121932.jpg (24KB, 209x230px) Image search: [Google]
1501860121932.jpg
24KB, 209x230px
>>
>>386233207
tell that in army when trump will drag your neckbeard from your dungeon lair i wonder how many times you would get kicked in nuts by your squadmates after sergant would force them to run marathon for punishment
>>
File: Screenshot_20170805-103141.jpg (268KB, 1440x996px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170805-103141.jpg
268KB, 1440x996px
>>386239230
>>
>>386239148
>Some streamer made the point
Stop watching streamers and go play some video games.
>>
>>386249513
People also forget that the Battle Royale aspect of Dayz only came after the standalone got popular and call of duty kids started killing everyone on sight. During the mod there was a clear sense of community as everyone was just trying to survive. Being a bandit was pretty uncommon at the beginning.
>>
>>386232735
>runs like shit
m8 I get 60+ fps on high and ultra with a 2 year old GPU
>>
File: thirsty.gif (2MB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
thirsty.gif
2MB, 220x165px
Streamers get special treatment.
E-celebs get special treatment.
Speedrunners get special treatment.

Hmm... it's as if they are all just the same.
>>
>>386236513

If you like being gunned down by shadow teams after running around for 10 minutes, with 20 FPS, then go ahead.
>>
>>386250858
>2000$ PC to run a shitty early access game
hahahahahahaha PC mustard race
>>
>>386255651
>being such a monumental cuck that you submit yourself to the draft
>>
>>386233828
Yeah, throw PUBG and Undertale out with the bathwater.
>>
File: paris occupation.jpg (562KB, 964x1258px) Image search: [Google]
paris occupation.jpg
562KB, 964x1258px
>>386258401
heh
>implying that there won't be war against nu-europe full of mudslimes who will take over government in next 10-20years it already happened in london
>>
>>386232735
For the same reason people still play Rainbow Six Siege. The game is just fun to people.
>>
>>386258807
>fun
No, no, no. A game has to be MY definition of good in order for people to be allowed to play it. Fun doesn't mean anything, it's just a buzzword used by imbeciles that don't understand the nuances of good gameplay. Every person that plays a bad game is contributing to the dilution of quality games and probably supports Trump.
>>
>>386259035
true
>>
>lie down in tall grass next to a tree
>some random guy runs towards the tree for cover
>is literally 3 feet away from me
>somehow can't see me
>stand up and fill his ass with lead
>this has happened several times already

I love this game sometimes.
>>
>>386256340
> the Battle Royale aspect of Dayz only came after the standalone got popular and call of duty kids started killing everyone on sight
Absolutely wrong. It happened well before standalone. Here's a little history lesson for you. In the mod, there was a bandit system. If you randomly killed people, you would turn into a "bandit". Your model would change and people would recognize you as a wanton murderer immediately.

Dean "Rocket" Hall thought the system had flaws so he wanted to change it. He started working on something to replace it with, and then removed the bandit system. Except he didn't replace it with anything. The entire system was gone and there was no repercussion whatsoever for shooting everyone you see on sight. The game turned from fun into a giant deathmatch overnight. The bandit system never got replaced and the game stayed a deathmatch.

This was right around the time it blew up from streamers, and Arma 2 hit steam's best selling just because of the DayZ mod. The population exploded with a bunch of people who never got to see the mod when it was half decent, cementing the deathmatch style gameplay. The bandit replacement never made it in because Rocket started working on standalone to cash in on the popularity asap. 4 years later, standalone is STILL in Early Access, and STILL has less content than the mod did.
>>
File: 1434250852232.jpg (263KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1434250852232.jpg
263KB, 612x612px
Because it's fun
>>
>>386258662
At least they're orderly, unlike those Africans 10 years ago.
>>
File: IwGWCF8r.png (2MB, 1456x819px) Image search: [Google]
IwGWCF8r.png
2MB, 1456x819px
>>386238141
>people are starting to figure out the a lvl 3 vest doesnt protect your ass which still acts as your torso in terms of damage multipliers.
>pan completely circumvents this

I think they'll end up changing something about this at some point.
>>
>>386261591
>inb4 they add equipment degradation so guns start breaking
>>
File: 1438773092295.jpg (533KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438773092295.jpg
533KB, 1920x1080px
>>386232797

>tiles
>>
>>386237657
No it doesn't.
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.