[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ask someone for ideas on making a superhero game based on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: BNIgIIBCQAENW4V.jpg (45KB, 600x756px) Image search: [Google]
BNIgIIBCQAENW4V.jpg
45KB, 600x756px
>Ask someone for ideas on making a superhero game based on characters like Flash or Superman
>"Just take their powers away from them and voila!"
>Wanting to play a game like this without feeling like a God
>>
>>386231161
>wanting to play an easy as shit game because you're mildly retarded
Play some lego games or something. Also don't speak to me.
>>
>>386231216
Don't fucking talk to me.
>>
I have an aversion to superhero games for this reason. It's difficult to make a fun game while also doing justice to the capabilities of the superhero. That is unless said superhero isn't really super, and instead utilizes technology and skill. Like Spiderman or Batman.
>>
>>386231768
I feel like a Flash game could work really well if done properly. Flash doesn't need to be super-broken like Superman does, movement has a ton of potential to be fun when your character is godmod fast and kind of ironically I feel like there are a lot of opportunities for slow-mo mechanics for combat where you dodge bullets or set up a melee chain and then beat up 10 guys in one second.
>>
I imagine an ideal Superman game would control like a DBZ game, since he has flight and various powers, and has enemies that are equal to and stronger than him.
>>
>>386232101
Super speed would be impossible to incorporate in a good game. Just look at how shitty most Sonic games are and he's not even that fast
>>
>>386231161
Maybe a Superman game could be about using your powers intelligently to stop supervillains and criminals without killing them. And then there could be a final boss or something where you can go all out.
>>
>>386232204
I don't think super speed is impossible. There are good racing games which provide a great feeling of breakneck speed while still feeling like you _kind of_ have control of what you're doing, which is the goal in my opinion.
Most Sonic games suck for many reasons but the reason the speed isn't incorporated well is because you're either getting fake speed on rails or you're about to bonk because you can't see well enough to maintain control.
>>
the only way to do it is as a GTA clone

give the player a full range of powers, but let them choose whether they want to go on a rampage and blow everything up or play as an actual superhero

of course if you go lunatic mode everyone will hate you and you'll just spend all game fighting the US army and won't be able to get anything done, like GTA
>>
Best Super Hero game is Wonderful 101.
>>
>>386232424
I say, random superhero power generator.

Create a character, mild mannered son of a bitch then the game randomly tosses you into a situation where you

>find out you're an alien sent to earth as a baby
>the son of a god
>find a magical artifact or weapon that gives you powers
>bitten by a radioactive animal
>get tossed into toxic waste
>hit by a car and become a cyborg

Etc etc. Every time you start a new character you end up with a random backstory and power.

Then you can create a costume and theme and decide whether to do good or evil. Your power level will vary from street level to cosmic.

Your enemies will either be at or around your level or slightly above but the better you do the more the game will throw at you.
>>
>>386232628
neat
>>
>>386232628
>If you are a superhero you have to fight all the evil characters you've made and vice versa

I dig the idea.
>>
>>386231161
I always thought a fun Superman game would be one where he loses his powers and then gains them back as the game progresses ala Metroid and there could be different upgrade paths so you could become different version of Superman.

But Superman only really suffers from the video game tradition of beating up thugs before you fight a boss.

Superman if he ever gets a game should really be something like a boss rush and in between you fly around and save people or stop petty crimes like a bank robbery.

You wouldn't really have to fight the thugs you'd have to prevent yourself from killing everyone while doing good deeds.

For example if you stop a bank robbery you'd have to stop the bullets from ricocheting off you and killing someone else you so you grab them out of the air before or after they hit you then tie up the thugs.

Search the city for bombs with your X-Ray vision, use the fortress of solitude to solve mysteries, find artifacts of krypton and decorate the fortress etc.

There's a lot that can be done the formula just needs to be tweaked.
>>
>>386233039

So, basically superman: symphony of the night?

Love that game, but it carries some deep issues
>>
>>386232628
>create guy
>get cosmic level power and glowing eyes
>npc's find this startling
>ravage the earth
>destroy it
>fly into space and fight aliens and space gods

Alternatively.

>get some street level power like wolverine claws and healing
>go around town in a hoody and a mask snkt'ing muggers
>get drug into cray city wide conspiracy with the mob
>become wolverine batman punisher
>>
>>386233039
I feel like a Superman game should be part Superman and part Clark Kent.
>>
>>386232526
nah
>>
>>386233146

>Superoidvania

Is batman Richter?
>>
>>386233039
>You wouldn't really have to fight the thugs you'd have to prevent yourself from killing everyone while doing good deeds
This is what I was thinking too, there should be some kind of public image to maintain and using powers recklessly should negatively impact you. I also think the problems you have to solve should pop up organically in real time, like say a big robbery or car chase could be going on but you'll only know if you actually see it. That would encourage players to explore around more and not just follow mission markers, and it would actually feel like you're watching over the city like a hero instead of just playing a reskinned beat em up.
>>
>>386233701
or use your super senses to detect them
>>
File: 101.png (313KB, 726x290px) Image search: [Google]
101.png
313KB, 726x290px
There's a fantastic Justice League game if that helps.
>>
>>386231768
>unless said superhero isn't really super
>Like Spiderman
Spider-Man is strong as fuck, he can lift a fucking tank.
>>
>>386235476

I mean in terms of cape, he can't DBZ around stuff.
>>
File: 51DDS4TG24L[1].jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51DDS4TG24L[1].jpg
55KB, 500x500px
Perfection
>>
File: 1479362374966.png (248KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479362374966.png
248KB, 500x375px
>>386231161
Just make it a Zone of the Enders clone.
>At long distances, his attack powers use lasers.
>at short, he punches.
>he can grab things to use them as weapons, enemies and save people.
>>
>>386235651
>grab things and use them as enemies

very deep
>>
>>386231161
Just don't give a shit and make all of the mooks from Krypton or be Zoom clones.
>>
File: thumbs up.gif (1MB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.gif
1MB, 500x211px
>>386235601
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.