[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"guys war is sooo bad here take some forced drama along

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: spec_ops.png (252KB, 300x367px)
spec_ops.png
252KB, 300x367px
>"guys war is sooo bad here take some forced drama along with a shitty story and the cliché ending"
Not to mention the terrible gameplay. Why do people like this piece of shit anyway? Is it just normiebait?
>>
>>386227271

I think the only people who dislike this game are people who went and read dev blogs on the devs intentions, or misunderstood the loading screen menu's or something.

I honestly loved this game and found it to be a very satisfying bad guy simulator. I enjoyed the whole fucked up atmopshere of being a PTSDing soldier who's just a fuck up case making mistake after mistake after mistake. Spec Ops is unironically awesome. The gameplay is cookie cutter but it's not bad. It's just not super fantastic eitehr but it's enjoyable enough.

It's a solid game and I enjoyed the fuck out of it. There needs to be more games where you play as the bad guy.
>>
>>386227703
There are quite a few out there, but for some god forsaken reason I can only think of:
>Overlord 1&2
>War for the Overlord(think of dungeon keeper, the old version)
>that game where you can use rewind, while you stalk a princess.
>>
File: IMG_0673.png (123KB, 506x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.png
123KB, 506x789px
Truly a masterpiece
>>
>>386227271
>Is it just normiebait?
Yeah I think so. Basically a "oh look we're doing something different" attempt that completely fails.
Gameplay is generic third person and the guilt trip feels forced as fuck to a point it becomes comedy. I wasn't surprised when I later learned it was written buy some 19yo or something
>>
>>386228057
>>that game where you can use rewind, while you stalk a princess.

Sounds interesting, I want to know more.

And yeah I actually have both Overlord games in my backlog right now. Bad guy games are so underdone. I was very disappointed that in SW The Force Unleashed, the main Sith character turns to the light side almost immediately. It sucked.
>>
>>386228164
>Sounds interesting, I want to know more.
I think he means Braid
>>
>>386228057
>>386228164
The game with princess is Braid.
>>
>>386228057
Ck2
Don't tell me it isn't true.

Also don't you destroy the world in Bravely Default or something?
>>
>>386227703
i just cant get over the "twist"
There are 2 other hard-ass operators there and NONE of them just slap his shit and take control when he start talking to himself and shooting at ghosts?
>>
>>386227703
How the hell is it enjoyable? The game is the classic 'walk there and shoot these guys on this terrible level design'.
>>
File: 1481515293416.jpg (45KB, 750x591px)
1481515293416.jpg
45KB, 750x591px
>>386228857
>terrible level design
>>
>tfw veteran
>tfw I hear the screams of those Iraqi kids every time I sleep
>>
>>386227271
>it's a retard parrots every criticism he heard about a game released in 2012 episode
i know it's hard for a brainlet to think for himself but please try making a better thread next time
>>
>>386227271
If you can't appreciate good art design, a good OST and great atmosphere, I have no clue what to tell you.

Plus, "war is bad" isn't the point of Spec Ops. It's about one egotistical guy who tries to be a hero rather than just following orders and fails miserably.
>>
Honestly, it's an enjoyable game if you just picked it up for $20 on Steam without hearing much about it previously, like I did when I played it.

I can imagine if you keep hearing people foaming at the mouth about how DEEPEST GAME EVER and all that, your expectations would get out of whack and you'd end up disappointed.

The only two options aren't 'it's complete shit' or 'WOW GOTYAY VIDYA IS ART', it did something neat and was worth the $20 I paid for it.
>>
>>386227703
Most of my dislike stems from how boring the actual gameplay was. From the halfway point on everything just felt like a chore.
>>
>>386230882
Not him, but they could have removed the dumb 'heavy trooper' and retard kamikaze chargers in the last half, I'll agree with that
>>
>>386230616
This. It's one of the best examples of a thematic descent into madness in video games.
>>
>>386227271

I agree with most of what you say but you don't know what cliche means and therefore you're a faggot
>>
>>386231304

Lynch's bank robbery breakdown is still one of my favourites. ESPECIALLY in co-op
>>
File: 1365002533576.gif (929KB, 264x320px)
1365002533576.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>WTF I hate war games now

I think the reason you should hate war games is that they are all the fucking same nowadays!
>>
>>386228143
>>
>>386227271
Woah...I guess we finally crossed the line of special operations....
>>
>>386227271
The story is good because it makes you the bad guy in an actual way, not a hypothetical "killing machines is bad mkay?" way but a "you fucking killed people the fuck is wrong with you" way.
>>
>>386227271
>normiebait
Pretty much. The game was marketed like any other brown military shooter. The idea being that CoDbros would be lulled into a false sense of security and familiarity and buy the game.

Part of why the symbolism is so blatant is to try to ensure that the types of thick headed people who unironically enjoy CoD would get the message (i.e. think about what your actions really mean).

Unfortunately, the number of people who go on and on about how "they didn't have a choice" shows that people are thicker than they thought.
>>
>>386228476

Oh, have you had a commanding officer go crazy while your squad of 3 guys are deep in hostile territory?
>>
>>386227703

This. People who hate on it seem to use the exact language I've seen of people who analyze the game. I'm getting a sense of people who watch the analysis, then go through and play the game just to say "Yeah I played it, it was crap. Everything was so hamfisted and stupid."
>>
>>386232009
>Part of why the symbolism is so blatant is to try to ensure that the types of thick headed people who unironically enjoy CoD would get the message (i.e. think about what your actions really mean).
And yet it flies over most of /v/'s heads
>>
>>386228143
Why did you pull the lever? It wouldn't have moved if you hadn't pulled the lever.
>>
i found the the plot to this game is hilarious, its like a mashup of all the cheesy action movies complete with the cia (surprise!) being right in the middle.
>>
>guys war is sooo bad

I know it's a bait thread but the only people who don't think this are 300lb military nerds who go airsoft LARPing

War is genuinely terrible and most video games are complicit in glorifying it and whitewashing the violence and the horror.
>>
>>386232780
I too found parts of Spec Ops to be genuinely fun.

I like how the game had actual gore and how stickies could latch on to enemies. That shit was great.
>>
File: 1483495761862.png (169KB, 268x223px)
1483495761862.png
169KB, 268x223px
>lmao just turn off the game
What were they thinking?
>>
>>386233650
That people who played it were smarter than you
>>
>>386233650
Budget + the fact that all the symbolism up to that point would be rendered moot if you actually had a choice during the WP scene.

At least you get a choice at other points.
>>
>>386232309
I think a soldier who played this pointed out that it's unrealistic to follow you commander when he's legit mentally unstable.
>>
>>386234420
Even if they had abandoned Walker, they'd have no place to go since comms were down thanks to the storm.
>>
>>386227271
Loved this game. Nothing your contrarian ass will do to change that
>>
>>386234502
They could just trying to get back instead of pushing through.
>>
Walker is best waifu!!!
>>
>>386227271
this game is for pseuds
>>
Like most things, somebody said something and it got repeated until it became a meme, and a "fact". Good recent example of this is
>kill streamer
>banned
>WOW THANKS PUBG!
eventhough that isn't the case at all.

I really like the game. I'm actually in the process of replaying it. I don't have any problems with the game mechanics. The scenarios are varied enough to where it doesn't get stale and everything moves so fluidly. 5/5 game, highly recommended. Play it PC maxed out to truly appreciate the meticulously detailed environments and models.
>>
>>386236861
>I really like the game. I'm actually in the process of replaying it. I don't have any problems with the game mechanics. The scenarios are varied enough to where it doesn't get stale and everything moves so fluidly. 5/5 game, highly recommended. Play it PC maxed out to truly appreciate the meticulously detailed environments and models.

this is such stupid praise

you could literally be describing dozens if not hundreds of games with this post
>>
>>386234514
Gears of War is a better Spec Ops
>>
>>386236943
Dozens if not hundreds of games are worth playing Anon
>>
>>386234268
This pretty much needs to be said every thread. So many offended ninnies misunderstanding the story, even as they insult it.
>>
>>386227271
>Not to mention the terrible gameplay
That's the first thing you should have focused on
I want /tv/ to leave
>>
>>386237016
Gears of war is better than spec ops, but that doesn't mean spec ops is bad.
>>
>Walker isnt a hero, says and does unheroic things despite his initial intentions
>Gets punished for his mistakes
>'Wtf how come the game is trying to guilt trip me I didnt even get a choice fucking garbage 2deep tryhard game'
>>
>>386233063
War is good periodically.
When peace time turns men into limpwrist weaklings we need war to toughen us up. Not to mention nearly every major breakthrough in science happened because of war.
>>
>>386237236
But it does beg the question of why Spec Ops exists if there are several games that do the same thing but completely outclass it.
>>
File: 1454489414443.png (306KB, 426x402px)
1454489414443.png
306KB, 426x402px
>>386237379
>this passive aggressive logic
>>
>>386237774
>that non-existent logic
>>
>>386237321
>When peace time turns men into limpwrist weaklings we need war to toughen us up.
Thanks for the cringe of the day
>>
>>386237894
Yeah, that too. You made a pretty bad post.
>>
if you want a game that lets you abuse replayabilty to get the flawless ending go play undertale or someshit
>>
>>386237774
if you're playing spec ops for the story them you should just read heart of darkness or watch that one movie. If you're playing for the gameplay then Gears of War does everything spec ops does but better. There's literally no reason to play it
>>
>>386237986

This may surprise you to know but that isn't how it works.
>>
>>386237986
>he plays RPGs despite nothing being as good as Morrowind
Thats pretty stupid desu
Also, what do you even think the story of Spec Ops is to be able to even compare it to HoD? All they share are a few, but not all, themes
>>
>>386232009
>>386232382
>>386232419
>>386233650
>>386237302
One of the things I really like about this game is that it is quite possibly the only one where "you just don't get it" is a legitimate dismissal of criticism.
>>
The level design is boring, and so are the guns.I got through most of the demo, and stopped because it was boring.I have no idea what the story is like, because everything else was lame.
>>
>>386232009
WOW DUDE the devs are so fucking deep man.They really SHOWED THOSE CHAD NORMIE PHONIES the error of their corporate cock sucking ways.They're taking SATANS COCK just like my favorite comedian bill hicks would say.
>>
>>386227271

People who never read a half decent book or seen Apocalypse Now or read Heart of Darkness cream themselves over this shit.

The game was dopey as fuck.

>hurr how many Americans have you killed today?
>in gritty voice "survivors.... one too many."
>>
>>386237321
>peace time turns men into limpwrist weaklings we need war to toughen us up
And I bet you've fought in a war to get that opinion right? You fucking edgy faggot
>Not to mention nearly every major breakthrough in science happened because of war.
Sure, war accelerates scientific discovery and invention in the short term and in specific areas but this is still one of the stupidest statements I've seen today and all I did today was browse this website
>>
>>386237986
Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness are different experiences due to the difference in their mediums
Spec Ops and HoD/AN are different in the same way, it may not have been executed with the same finesse but due to the more interactive and personally immersive nature of a video game it provides a different experience to a story based on the same concepts
>>
>>386227271
The Story is good, but oh God the fucking gameplay...
Using a Controller is terrible and so is using a mouse and keyboard. The only way to enjoy this is to play on the easiest difficulty...
>>
This game had a fantastic soundtrack, and the setting was great.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.