[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steam was the worst thing that happened to video games - DRM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1501852031946.jpg (593KB, 1804x1510px) Image search: [Google]
1501852031946.jpg
593KB, 1804x1510px
Steam was the worst thing that happened to video games
- DRM
- Free online (more brazilians, canadians and europeans playing e-sport and garbage in general)
- Counter Strike culture
- Skins
- Paid mods
- Microtransactions
- Online authentication
- Cam whoring in exchange of steam gifts
>>
epic thread you worthless retard
>>
Cool.

Making a thread about it on a Chinese tablet scratching board isn't going to change anything.

reddit spacing
>>
>never leaked xD
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>386221604
>>386221631
t. useless pc gamer trash
>>
File: piracy1.jpg (682KB, 1080x1900px) Image search: [Google]
piracy1.jpg
682KB, 1080x1900px
>>
>DRM
>bad
>>
>>386221478
> Free online
Kill yourself cuck
Multiplayer should be free
>>
>>386222158
>it should be free because I don't want to pay for it

That's not how capitalism works.
>>
Most of those are due to Microsoft's Xbox entering the market. They were the original of what became an industrywide blight of paid DLC, paid skins, paid online and of course the BOOMHEADSHOT genre came from Bungie inventing the First Person Shooter with Halo.
>>
>>386222623
Xbox Live was far from the first paid online service.
>>
>>386222623
Microsoft + Steam = cancer
They promote the same garbage
>>
>>386221478
>- DRM
Only pirates are pissed at this, you can turn off steam overlay whenever you like.
>- Free online (more brazilians, canadians and europeans playing e-sport and garbage in general)
Oh, hello console babbie American, free online also makes it so you don't have to spend 10$+ every month and instead buy a game, maybe one that's one sale.
>- Counter Strike culture
Can't argue with this
>- Skins
Can't argue with this
>- Paid mods
What, Valve backed down with that garbage
>- Microtransactions
Don't fucking play games with microcockactions or just don't buy anything
>- Online authentication
Guessing you're afraid of your privacy being leaked, it has happened and fuck Valve for being so incompetent
>- Cam whoring in exchange of steam gifts
Nigga, that's individuals being whores, don't blame that on steam, just don't use steam community or DON'T LOOK AT THEIR FUCKING PROFILE

I hope you enjoyed reading my opinion, now please, buy some more hats and skins for TF2™ and CSGO™
>>
>>386225942
>Only pirates are pissed at this
your entire comment is irrelevant because of this
>>
>>386221993
What game are they talking about when they recommend tabletop simulator?
>>
>>386221478
Spot the Sony fanboy angry that Steam made PC gaming relevant again.
>>
File: ltkxsC_WRgukALNhzXlpZg.png (84KB, 231x387px) Image search: [Google]
ltkxsC_WRgukALNhzXlpZg.png
84KB, 231x387px
>>386225989
Then tell me what's wrong, I don't get why everyone hates steam
>>
I ditched Steam for GOG years ago. No regrets. Keep can keep it's shitty early-access library.
And no, I don't give two shits about the witcher
>>
File: Moero chronicle coco.jpg (167KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Moero chronicle coco.jpg
167KB, 960x544px
>>386226078
Meanwhile pic related is going to be Steam exclusive. Enjoy being a cuck only getting SJW-approved video games.
>>
>>386225989
that's not true and you know stop being a pissbaby
>>
>>386221478
Reminder that steam broke steam gifts as a 'feature' about 2 months ago.
>>
>>386226147
>niGGerpost

Ah, that's what steam's userbase is these days. Glad I switched.
>>
>>386226225
>he doesn't like anime children
>>
File: Confused Medb.png (95KB, 279x243px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Medb.png
95KB, 279x243px
How would PC not having free online stop Canadians from playing?
>>
>>386222475
Give me a single reason why the DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION SERVICE should be getting my money I'm paying for multiplayer. Same with Xbox Live and PSN.
>but muh s-server fees
It should be either the publisher/developer charging for that but they already milk us out the ass with countless useless DLC. That ought to be enough to cover expenses for running the server for about the year before they ditch the game anyways.
>>
>>386226191
>that's not true
>he is still defending DRM
back to plebbit
>>
>>386221993
One thing might be the rules, but have they ever done so?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.